BDP

Author
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

30th June 2018. Canterbury vs Newcastle at 5:30pm...

Bulldogs Debate Page - timeless...

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

"To comply with the NSW law changes (https://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/Pages/about-us/news-and-media/recent-news/new-guidelines-for-gambling-advertising-published.aspx) Punters.com.au will no longer be offering the “Other Sports” forum. To ensure compliance with the legislation, Punters must operate solely and exclusively for the purposes of racing content."

That's a shame, but on the bright side, at least this page is a proper sports forum, so it's much more appropriate for discussing Rugby League & other sports.

DanD
DanD
Rising Star
Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)

BloodyNora - 30 Jun 2018 5:10 AM
"To comply with the NSW law changes (https://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/Pages/about-us/news-and-media/recent-news/new-guidelines-for-gambling-advertising-published.aspx) Punters.com.au will no longer be offering the “Other Sports” forum. To ensure compliance with the legislation, Punters must operate solely and exclusively for the purposes of racing content."

That's a shame, but on the bright side, at least this page is a proper sports forum, so it's much more appropriate for discussing Rugby League & other sports.

Hey BN...thanks for setting up this site...see how it goes.
dogdoctor
dogdoctor
Fan
Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)

DanD - 30 Jun 2018 8:29 AM

well done BN - bit of a shock to suddenly lose BDP- it always seemed odd to go to a racing page - and this seems  a good set up

Edited
6 Years Ago by dogdoctor
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

It was easier this time around than it was last time it happened 5 years ago. At least the whole website didn't vanish & there was the opportunity to get a new link to everyone. When it happened before there was no way to contact anyone whatsoever. People kept trying to load the page for days or weeks not knowing if it was permanently dead or what.
I had to discuss it with the Punters owners (that also owned the suddenly extinct rleague.com) so we could keep a page going somehow. Most people, apart from a handful I got through to via email, were out of the loop. Some are gone forever, others managed to find it over time, perhaps by google or word of mouth.
Anyway, it is what it is, for better or worse. Not sure if this one auto-refreshes like the other one, but the "F5" key does a refresh. Looks like there's a few settings & viewing modes to be found.  And emoticons, gawd help us all. :) :rolleyes:
dogdoctor
dogdoctor
Fan
Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)Fan (83 reputation)

BloodyNora - 30 Jun 2018 9:02 AM
It was easier this time around than it was last time it happened 5 years ago. At least the whole website didn't vanish & there was the opportunity to get a new link to everyone. When it happened before there was no way to contact anyone whatsoever. People kept trying to load the page for days or weeks not knowing if it was permanently dead or what.
I had to discuss it with the Punters owners (that also owned the suddenly extinct rleague.com) so we could keep a page going somehow. Most people, apart from a handful I got through to via email, were out of the loop. Some are gone forever, others managed to find it over time, perhaps by google or word of mouth.
Anyway, it is what it is, for better or worse. Not sure if this one auto-refreshes like the other one, but the "F5" key does a refresh. Looks like there's a few settings & viewing modes to be found.  And emoticons, gawd help us all. :) :rolleyes:

i can't work out how to post - only to reply
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

dogdoctor - 30 Jun 2018 9:11 AM
BloodyNora - 30 Jun 2018 9:02 AM

i can't work out how to post - only to reply

There's a "Reply" button under other posts, also a "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the screen. I honestly don't know the difference. Perhaps "Reply" adds quotes & "Post Reply" doesn't.

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

BloodyNora - 30 Jun 2018 9:15 AM
dogdoctor - 30 Jun 2018 9:11 AM

There's a "Reply" button under other posts, also a "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the screen. I honestly don't know the difference. Perhaps "Reply" adds quotes & "Post Reply" doesn't.

Yes, after testing, that's how it works. This was a "Reply". The longer one a few posts above (without quotes) was a "Post Reply".
And the edit function works. That'll be handy.

Edited
6 Years Ago by BloodyNora
dogdoctor
dogdoctor
Fan

ok so to create a separate post, as i have done here , you use post reply

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

dogdoctor - 30 Jun 2018 9:28 AM
ok so to create a separate post, as i have done here , you use post reply

Looks correct to me. Now another test, to scroll up & see if doing a "Reply" (the one with quotes) to a far earlier post, puts the actual reply way back or as the last post on the page...

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

DanD - 30 Jun 2018 8:29 AM

No probs. Actually I didn't set up the site, credit goes to those that did, I just joined & started one of many threads amongst those already on it, but hopefully they're happy to have another football thread on their sports forum.

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

BloodyNora - 30 Jun 2018 9:46 AM
dogdoctor - 30 Jun 2018 9:28 AM

Looks correct to me. Now another test, to scroll up & see if doing a "Reply" (the one with quotes) to a far earlier post, puts the actual reply way back or as the last post on the page...

haha, ok, replying to an older post goes to the bottom...

dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

BN you bl00dy legend... :) 
Hi Team...
DanD
DanD
Rising Star
Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)

Bad terminology from me BN saying "site" :) ....but I did want to thank you...I am doing a test on the reply option too using my Samsung :)
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Dutchy first try scorer today... 

DanD
DanD
Rising Star

DanD - 30 Jun 2018 11:06 AM
Bad terminology from me BN saying "site" :) ....but I did want to thank you...I am doing a test on the reply option too using my Samsung :)

All good...wouldn't be tho if all conversations were included. ..i like the preview msg box too..will save me including thumb typos :)
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

Anyone worked out how to open it at last post on page...so we dont have to scroll past everything...not that tech savvy :)
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

DanD - 30 Jun 2018 11:13 AM
Anyone worked out how to open it at last post on page...so we dont have to scroll past everything...not that tech savvy :)

There's a drop-down menu on the right of the (BDP) thread header "View". You can change the layout from Threaded, Ascending or the one you apparently want - Descending.

Edited
6 Years Ago by BloodyNora
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Seems like we might lose a few regulars if they aren't able to find this link. I put it in 2 threads over there but it might get quickly buried amongst other things on there.
From the 2nd of July, anything that isn't racing related will be outlawed over there due to legal conflicts with advertising & whatever else they're on about.
Might help if people keep an eye on it for the next day or so & try to bump it where people can see it. Again, it's not easy keeping things together.
Anyone with emails of the other posters, let them know if you can.

Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Hi Guys,
Shame about the punters site. I kinda got use to it and now need to re-adjust on this version.
In any case, thanks BN for the link. Hope all regular posters get to see the change so we can keep the banter going.

Go the Dogs.
Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star
Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)

Well here we go again.  Thanks BN great work!
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Anyone know how to setup the pic/avatar?
Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star
Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)

20s won 30-6 while Intrust is getting flogged 30-4 at half-time.  Hope Meaney is playing well.
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

Surprised we haven't seen HD as yet...Dman can you get hold of Villi :)
Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star

How are we Dan?   I have a feeling we will win today.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Nancy
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Marki - 30 Jun 2018 2:09 PM
Anyone know how to setup the pic/avatar?

I did it on my PC. Had to tinker about for a while because the pic must be a certain height & width. So many pixels by so many pixels. Can't remember how many now, it was 5am in the morning & the coffee was barely kicking in. I used "g.i.m.p" or whatever it's called (free image editor) to adjust the pixels (height/width). Once the website does accept the pic, you get an opportunity to stretch/move 4 boundaries over the pic with the mouse so you can centre on what part of the pic you want displayed. Good feature actually.
As for the larger image on the profile page, I just haven't done it yet. I'm not sure I'd want to try doing any of it on a mobile phone, but others might, considering most are better at using or typing into the little things than me.

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Nancy - 30 Jun 2018 1:55 PM
Well here we go again.  Thanks BN great work!

Welcome back, Nancy.

I was planning to watch Penrith & Manly reggies on Fox to try & see that winger, but forgot it was on until less than 10mins to go. One of those days again...

Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star

I just clicked  one of the images from the site. Try and change it later but it will do for now.  Thanks again Bloody for getting us over here. Good to have an edit button and if all goes well we should stay here imo.
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Steve has the link, he just hasn't posted yet. I think he said he had to work this arvo. I'm sure he can email Zef if Zef hasn't found the link yet, so that'll be a few more later.
RedSeas
RedSeas
Under 7s
Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)

TESTING  :   Bulldogs and Eels should merge
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search