BDP

Author
DanD
Rising Star
Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Vallo440 - 1 Jul 2018 11:47 AM
Once again, thanks to all who've made the trek over to this new promised land of debate and discussion.

I just watched the replay of the game and I have to say, this team just absolutely blew me away. It had everything we have all been craving for many years. Energy, synergy, enthusiasm, strength, unity, youthful exuberance and above all, pride in the jersey. Klemmer was outstanding, Reimis, Rhyse, JMK, Dutchy, Brown... on it goes. What a transformation and the boys gave it there all gave some pride back to their coach as well.  Well done.
To think, all this time there was this hidden talent squirreled away in regies and one stubborn old fool would not open that cupboard to have a look what was inside.

Yes, we are still underdone and can fade in and out of concentration, but FMD, what a turnaround considering the problems and rot that has set in in past seasons and this one in particular. So, I look forward to the talent coming through from the juniors and whomever the talents scouts can conjur up for us as the seasons progress.

Onwards and upwards with the rebuilding of this fine club.

Very good summation Vallo.  For me it was energy. Energy in their legs, brains, and for their teammates and club. It hasn't been for near on a whole 3 years that we have seen them play for the full 80 minutes for each other. Very promising.
DanD
DanD
Rising Star
Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)

I just googled BDP and this site came up so anyone of the old crew who know the significance of BDP can find us.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Once again, thanks to all who've made the trek over to this new promised land of debate and discussion.

I just watched the replay of the game and I have to say, this team just absolutely blew me away. It had everything we have all been craving for many years. Energy, synergy, enthusiasm, strength, unity, youthful exuberance and above all, pride in the jersey. Klemmer was outstanding, Reimis, Rhyse, JMK, Dutchy, Brown... on it goes. What a transformation and the boys gave it there all gave some pride back to their coach as well.  Well done.
To think, all this time there was this hidden talent squirreled away in regies and one stubborn old fool would not open that cupboard to have a look what was inside.

Yes, we are still underdone and can fade in and out of concentration, but FMD, what a turnaround considering the problems and rot that has set in in past seasons and this one in particular. So, I look forward to the talent coming through from the juniors and whomever the talents scouts can conjur up for us as the seasons progress.

Onwards and upwards with the rebuilding of this fine club.

Absolutely Vallo.
For years ive been saying that form in reserves or 20's has no real bearing on how a player will perform in first grade. I only saw a couple of half performances by Lewis last year but i immediately thought he had the skills to be good in first grade. Yestersay he proved it.
Granted it was Newcastle and they lost key players but he was quite involved for the 80mins and outshone the more fancied Cogger. Cogger kicks well and that alone will probably see him in the halves next year but i really think Lewis should partner him. JMK is probably the best defender in our team and has to be in the team. I would say he will move to hooker and id like to see more of Nu Brown. 

Agree with Steve in that losing mbye and woods has been a bit of a blessing. It has forced us into looking within and sharing responsibilities.

Hope they keep it up

Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)

Marki - 1 Jul 2018 12:06 PM

Absolutely Vallo.
For years ive been saying that form in reserves or 20's has no real bearing on how a player will perform in first grade. I only saw a couple of half performances by Lewis last year but i immediately thought he had the skills to be good in first grade. Yestersay he proved it.
Granted it was Newcastle and they lost key players but he was quite involved for the 80mins and outshone the more fancied Cogger. Cogger kicks well and that alone will probably see him in the halves next year but i really think Lewis should partner him. JMK is probably the best defender in our team and has to be in the team. I would say he will move to hooker and id like to see more of Nu Brown. 

Agree with Steve in that losing mbye and woods has been a bit of a blessing. It has forced us into looking within and sharing responsibilities.

Hope they keep it up

Definitely a good turnaround of fortunes Marki. Things can only get better from here and the more Pay gives the pups a run the better the team will be as a springboard into next year. As a sidenote, I had no idea Martin was such a good goal kicker. Definitely another bonus for the team.
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Welcome back Anna, Zef & everyone since I was last on...

I wonder....it couldn't be could it....surely not :

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/shout-out-to-the-old-bdp-crew.471115/

DanD
DanD
Rising Star

Yes i got a pm  from HD on Punters...he is over there :)
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

DanD - 1 Jul 2018 12:48 PM
Yes i got a pm  from HD on Punters...he is over there :)

At least he's ok. It seemed funny though. :)

Punters had private messages all this time? We learn something every day...

DanD
DanD
Rising Star

BloodyNora - 1 Jul 2018 12:55 PM
DanD - 1 Jul 2018 12:48 PM

At least he's ok. It seemed funny though. :)

Punters had private messages all this time? We learn something every day...

Yeah I posted asking him to contact and he pm'd...Punters will probably close us down tomorrow 2nd July,  so I really wanted to find him...I guess I assumed he would be the first one on here (after you BN :) asked him if he was joining in here an hour ago but havent heard. 

I joined league unlimited but it is a lot more difficult to navigate with a mobile than here.

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

DanD - 1 Jul 2018 1:05 PM
BloodyNora - 1 Jul 2018 12:55 PM

Yeah I posted asking him to contact and he pm'd...Punters will probably close us down tomorrow 2nd July,  so I really wanted to find him...I guess I assumed he would be the first one on here (after you BN :) asked him if he was joining in here an hour ago but havent heard. 

I joined league unlimited but it is a lot more difficult to navigate with a mobile than here.

I just went back over there & put the private messages to work. I had to google BDP & the persons alias, then load the cache version of what turned up in results, to then click on their name, their profile, then pm them the link.
I sent the link to Mitch, Tony, WhisperersDad, Balso & Olddogfan. Couldn't think of any more I've missed.

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Glad to see them get a good win last night. They really played well.
It was very toe to toe until the Knights lost half their spine 1st half, which tilted the result one way in more ways than one. They never gave up though.
Most tragic to see the knee injury to their #9. That was terrible, like his leg from the knee down was just flapping about in the air held on by nothing but skin. Horrific.
Lewis handled his debut really well, but got a nose job for the trouble.
Great Smith/Dutchie combo, that was brilliant.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

BloodyNora - 1 Jul 2018 1:51 PM
Glad to see them get a good win last night. They really played well.
It was very toe to toe until the Knights lost half their spine 1st half, which tilted the result one way in more ways than one. They never gave up though.
Most tragic to see the knee injury to their #9. That was terrible, like his leg from the knee down was just flapping about in the air held on by nothing but skin. Horrific.
Lewis handled his debut really well, but got a nose job for the trouble.
Great Smith/Dutchie combo, that was brilliant.

HI Guys,

Made it here finally.... great to get a win...

I hope everyone made it here..

HD

hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

hounddog - 1 Jul 2018 2:23 PM
BloodyNora - 1 Jul 2018 1:51 PM

HI Guys,

Made it here finally.... great to get a win...

I hope everyone made it here..

HD

Apologies for being slow on the uptake....my daughter had some friends, over the noise volumes degrade the brain...

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

hounddog - 1 Jul 2018 2:26 PM
hounddog - 1 Jul 2018 2:23 PM

Apologies for being slow on the uptake....my daughter had some friends, over the noise volumes degrade the brain...

No hard feeling on Punters good that they left PM running...

DanD
DanD
Rising Star

Good one HD...plus you can be the ol Hound Dog again over here lol.

Glad you could use pm over at Punters BN to get in touch...I should have thought of it. Instead of trying to get John @ Punters to leave us up and running until we had an alternative meeting site...could have spared him my sad story about disadvantaged and disabled relying on Punters lol :)
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

So the All New BDP is almost good as new...you can't keep a good Bulldog down for long lol.
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Around about this time next year if everything goes to plan, I'm going into full retirement (I've been semi-retired for about 12 years now). When I do that, I'm gonna buy a house, two dogs and maybe.... a website.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

it is kind of refreshing to be in the under 7s....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

On Cogger while he wasn't exactly bad, his game does need a bit of work... 

His high involvement is a plus.....

But some of his passes, and in particular his kicks, need a lot of improvement. 

Edited
6 Years Ago by hounddog
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

Just turned on Tiges game to see how Mbye going.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

DanD - 1 Jul 2018 3:32 PM
Just turned on Tiges game to see how Mbye going.

Yes they lost.. I only saw the last 2 mins
Titans are a reasonable side....

DanD
DanD
Rising Star

hounddog - 1 Jul 2018 3:58 PM
DanD - 1 Jul 2018 3:32 PM

Yes they lost.. I only saw the last 2 mins
Titans are a reasonable side....

Mbye still more the athlete rather than the footy player me thinks.

We now turn our attention to our new rockstar fullback :)
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

DanD - 1 Jul 2018 3:59 PM
hounddog - 1 Jul 2018 3:58 PM

Mbye still more the athlete rather than the footy player me thinks.

We now turn our attention to our new rockstar fullback :)

Mr Coote of course signed by Villi :)
Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star
Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)

Welcome back hound.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Nancy - 1 Jul 2018 4:19 PM
Welcome back hound.

Thanks. ..
Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star
Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)

So Dan you're Weekender but everyone else is under 7's, how did you wrangle that?
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Dan.... I’m not watching the game, what did Mr L Coote do?
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

Nancy - 1 Jul 2018 4:38 PM
So Dan you're Weekender but everyone else is under 7's, how did you wrangle that?

Just lucky I guess :) dunno what it all means. The like button doesn't stay visible unless you hold finger on screen...same with everyone else?

Coote playing ok :)
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Villi - 1 Jul 2018 4:39 PM
Dan.... I’m not watching the game, what did Mr L Coote do?

Playing in the wet .. Coote is walking on water.
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

hounddog - 1 Jul 2018 4:48 PM
Villi - 1 Jul 2018 4:39 PM

Playing in the wet .. Coote is walking on water.

Lachlan'sCoote..a real mud runner on a heavy track...oops thought I was back at Punters.
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

I get the impression that our decision to offload Woods and Mbye will not be a set back...even if they do find outstanding form because it seems conclusive now that they aren't going to ever be what we need or a good fit.

Good to feel confident that these moves are best for all concerned and all parties can move on.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search