Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
Stevie G
Under 7s
Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 29 May 2018 5:51 PM
Nice to see your posts Stevie G and CH post final.

Keita in and now Fabinho ! this is a good signing and great start, welcome.
Fekir next ?

Yeh will be interesting to see if Fekir is next. Think we need another CB because if VVD goes down, we are in trouble. 

Not sure how Hendo will feel about these new arrivals, not sure he'll be an automatic selection next season
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Agree, need another CB back up for sure - but getting a quality one will be the challenge for they would expect starting up where as Lovren has proved himself in position now. Obviously having competition for positions is healthy.
Hendo being the great club man he is now will welcome the challenge - he had to prove Rogers wrong and did so and I'm sure he will just work harder to prove his worth.
Fekir is sounding like he wants the move but obviously there will be some money power play due to the WC.
I'll be surprised we sign him before and expect we paying more than previously discussed.

Love Football

Stevie G
Stevie G
Under 7s
Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)

LFC. - 5 Jun 2018 9:32 AM
Agree, need another CB back up for sure - but getting a quality one will be the challenge for they would expect starting up where as Lovren has proved himself in position now. Obviously having competition for positions is healthy.
Hendo being the great club man he is now will welcome the challenge - he had to prove Rogers wrong and did so and I'm sure he will just work harder to prove his worth.
Fekir is sounding like he wants the move but obviously there will be some money power play due to the WC.
I'll be surprised we sign him before and expect we paying more than previously discussed.

Looks like the Fekir deal has fallen over which is a shame! Yeh not surprising to see Lyon hold on to him hoping that his value will sky rocket after the WC. 

Can't wait for the WC, bring on the sleep deprivation! I've joined a free tip comp with a mate if you're interested it's here Tip Comp

Will be interesting to see if Mo is fit enough to play. I'm sure they'll do anything to get him on the pitch
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

yep been keeping an eye on the Fekir deal, Lyon Pres doesn't want it to happen regardless of possible WC form etc imo.
Heck the likely value going up could backfire in any case young French team just might flop who knows - especially against our Roos ;)
I have more concerns us gaining a quality keeper at this stage.

Agree the WC starting, feels like a long enough break from comp football already.
Hoping all our Red players do well for their NT.
I'm sure everyone is waiting to see what actually occurs with Mo, I hope for Egypt's sake he's fit enough.
Put it this way - having read what Egyptians think of Ramos to date if Mo is outed due to his shoulder injury he'll never live it down even more lol.......

Love Football

Stevie G
Stevie G
Under 7s

Good way to kick off pre-season with a 7-0 victory! I wonder what Klopp's plans for Sturridge are. If only he could just stay fit 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes a usual first hit out against them......
Looks like they had fun.
Keita impressed first up, Fabinho yet to settle in.
Good on Ingsy brace and yer Studz, had a useless time at Brom now back, you just got to wonder whats next for him.
I'm more concerned were in a situation re keeper.
Obvious we have to persevere with Karius, the banter and vids of his pre game warm up errors sure isn't a way to start.
He's going to be in a no win situation with the Kop if this keeps happening and were in lala land landing a keeper without paying a mountain at his stage.
Everything else is fine early days.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well you can take those ICC results like a pinch on the arm.
Pre season, so many new players its just get runs on the legs and get to build yourself up.
Reading plenty Kloppy is now under pressure to deliver this season.
I expect so now having brought Allison in !
We need another back up CB - Matip gone back home to get his hammy worked on.
Can't complain on the buys to date - quite a few who's shifting out.
Studz for eg ?
August just around the corner.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/27/jurgen-klopp-sergio-ramos-ruthless-brutal-champions-league-final-liverpool-real-madrid

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

9days to koff season 2018/19.
Hammers 1st game @ Anfield Sunday Aug 12.
9.30pm our time :)
Looking forward to what the start up team will be.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

First post to kick off the 18/19 season.

This year is our year. Go team!

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Bring it on !

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

You remember when these were the types of games LFC would get an ugly 0-0 draw in?

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

What a great start to the season. Way better than last year :)
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes CH, always been nervous vsing the Hammers and their recruiting on paper was looking pretty good and record spend in their case.
So you expect they will be up for it 1st game.
From koff first 15 or so I was just in awe how tuned we looked, pace, 1 2 touch's.
We were playing with them it seemed.
Keita as Klopp has mentioned settled in so quickly its obvious to see.
His speed, recovering and interception was brilliant, his ball work was so effective linking with Salah/Firmino/Mane was like he was playing last season.
He is a brilliant buy.
Milli, what a beast at his age, his game was impressive, it seems the competition for places has inspired him even more and showing the young uns even 12 stitch's don't stop you you play - he is worth his weight in gold for our club.
The front went on like it was last season.
We now have Hendo battling for a spot as expected but this is good.
Always loved Gomez and with Lovren recovering a great time for him to play with VVD and Matip to back up.
I'm really glad things have worked out for now with Sturridge, what a start.
Shaqiri will be chomping at the bit for a start up spot.
Alisson looked huge and you see the confidence.
Just one game loving it.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I thought some of the gloating about Manure's loss to B&H was a bit premature- and on top of that:

a) It's the beginning of the season
b) I couldn't really give a shit about how that lot down the M62 are doing unless it directly affects LFC. Leave the obsession with their rivals to them.

So it was a relief to get a result at a fixture that's been a tough one for LFC over the years. Another 2 points, 2nd behind City who have a fresh crisis with De Bruyne- and onto round 3...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Correct CH.
Early early days but a good start.
CP always been a tuff away fixture and watching this morn confirmed it.
Despite alot of possession CP still had us worried more times than I liked.
That long range Townsend shot hitting the crossbar could have been a different story.
Took us a long time to get the 1st goal, just before HT - well taken pen Millie.
Allison proved his worth this game !
Overall the boys worked hard and deserved the 3points full stop.
Roll on Brighton @ Anfield next 26/8 - make my BDay 3 from 3 :)

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

3 clean sheets from 3.....can't ask for more than that.
Milner, back in 2015 I thought WTF did we get him, free transfer helps and he sure has proved so many of us wrong.
I love the bloke, some of his pass's are just perfect, his tackles when really needed are spot on, the oldest and probably the fittest as we hear, his pen takes are so sure you wouldn't think he had it, a bloody warrior and so good for the young guys we have today.
Salahs first touch placement was top, that quick Ryan didn't expect it but kudos got a hand to it.
Aussie interest Ryan played well and both keepers saved 2 great headers.
The Allison chip and play out.
VVD, what class, Gomez will keep Lovren/Matip out for now by the look of it.
Promising.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

CL grp draw known tomorrow.

1st game up on the weekend @ King Power, what game isn't huge nowadays.

Love Football

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Pretty poor performance all round. Completely dominated in midfield in that second half and for large parts of the first half. Stupidity from Alisson - needs to play the percentages.

BUT, we won ugly and I'm super pumped by that. Last season we were blowing those matches so massive difference. Hopefully we can keep it up (and hopefully City blow it again tonight).
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

After Mane's 10th min goal you would have thought we would have gone on with it more comfortably but we just didn't look comfortable and slow even whilst the Fox's weren't on it 1st half.
Bobby's header was peach but overall he and our whole attack just weren't in sync at all.
Our distribution from the back also was ordinary.
Fox's woke up after the break far better than us.
We kept playing dumb football, too many tight pass's in traffic and ball cut off.
Even though Fox's lifted we were our own worst enemy.
Allison didn't help with his over confidence and that was just plain dumb club football error.
Only positive imo was Gomez's game.
Not sure Hendo did enough to dislodge Keita.
We've normally lost these type of games for years, we were damn lucky Vardy was still out, he would have converted the many chances that were presented and suffering our first loss yet its our best start since '92 from memory.
I expect we get back to normal next game against Spurs.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Reading the comments on the LFC official Fb page after the game was good for a laugh. All the same negativity we used to get in the aftermath of those dark days drawing 0-0 at home to West Ham or dropping points away to relegation fighters playing ugly. Yet this was after playing a decent side, away from home, and winning.

It again emphasised how far this club has come in 3 years, and the comments reminded me of my thoughts after the 2-1 win at Selhurst Park earlier this year when Mo sealed it late. When people are complaining about wins, you know we're doing well!

RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 3 Sep 2018 11:18 AM
Reading the comments on the LFC official Fb page after the game was good for a laugh. All the same negativity we used to get in the aftermath of those dark days drawing 0-0 at home to West Ham or dropping points away to relegation fighters playing ugly. Yet this was after playing a decent side, away from home, and winning.

It again emphasised how far this club has come in 3 years, and the comments reminded me of my thoughts after the 2-1 win at Selhurst Park earlier this year when Mo sealed it late. When people are complaining about wins, you know we're doing well!

Wouldnt say that. Would say that says a lot about the fickle glory chasing fans the club has

ARNIE= LEGEND

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

couldn't agree with that entirely RK.
Speaking from being a patient long time supporter others just can't help themselves getting rapted up in the season media hype and expect stylish attacking play every game.
The sound supporter knows its slowlyslowly you win the race win excellent and at times ugly wins.
The fickle support is the impatient young ones in any club today.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Hammer time finally, and look forward to see what we got in ourselves and can do.
Busy time and many challenging games.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

A sound win full stop.
Pity we went soft for a mo let them get the late consolation goal.
They did have their chance now and then but we also missed 2-3-4 more ourselves.
Were not even in stride yet - our front 3 arn't combing yet as well as we know they can, this is good.
Keita is a massive bonus to the mids.
The backline is solid, VVD had Kane covered whole game virtually, read everything and cleared high balls with ease.

edit : by the way I was watching this game in a cool bar in Venice.
Another aussie was there, a Spurs supporter, we had some lol's being there was at least 8-10 more Red supporters, he obviously had a very bad time but we all got along great time watching the boys.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I'm yet to see LFC really 'click' this season and yet despite being patchy at times, they're undefeated to date. Very early days, but seeing LFC get wins despite not yet firing on all cylinders reminds me of those old Man United teams under Fergie. The style of play and the players are different, but there's that ability to not play at their best and still get the win. It's those games that make a big difference at the crucial end of the season. I began to notice this towards the end of last season, games where I felt the same way about how the team played as I used to in those dark days under Woy- but LFC had managed to get the points thanks to a moment of excellence when it counted from Bobby or Mo or Sane. 

Having players of that quality makes a difference obviously (check out the team Klopp inherited in his first game in charge for us!) But the stability of LFC as a team, rather than a group of individuals- that's down to Klopp. Keep him on and I've got no doubt the trophies (important ones too- not just League Cup ones) will follow...

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro

6 from 6.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

5 league wins best since '92.

Love Football

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro

Chelsea dropping points overnight :)
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes that was good to see and united :)
7wins new club record.
So EFL cup @ home, I expect Fabino gets his 1st start up game maybe ? then the Bridge - < this is building up bigger than Spurs game considering their form to date.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search