Are MVFC really any good ???????

Are MVFC really any good ???????

Author
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Since the MV thread overtook the SFC one, does this make MV better than SFC?
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Yeap - Victory are good.
So good that the refs and VAR can call against them and they still win.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Buggalugs 2.0 - 4 Dec 2018 4:36 PM
Should give Iknowbest and paulc a thread to themselves 

See how long they can go without actually answering anything the other has claimed 

This needs a witty pic - preferably something with the Simpsons to show how clever you are.

Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Should give Iknowbest and paulc a thread to themselves 

See how long they can go without actually answering anything the other has claimed 

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

paulc - 4 Dec 2018 3:33 PM
I think that Victory are ahead of SFC although Bozza said they need to be more consistent like SFC and Roar were in their best days to be given the mantra ahead of those two clubs.

There is still daylight between Roarcelona and SFC/ MVFC in my opinion.

agree, and as someone else quoted the fapping is over just a month of football or abouts.
A good win and passage play against a very ordinary opponent - I'd rate the win against SFC a strong opponent more imo.
Lets see a season and more then we can all revisit, a chicken before the egg, now thats wow.
IKB I can get the excitement for lets face it, the last couple of seasons have been a roller coaster ride for mv, besides the quoting of trophies etc mv are not miles in front but just in front trophy wise, a reign and dominance we've all seen is like united, real madrid Barca Bayern but mv ? lets re visit say in 5 more seasons or more re chest beating.

Love Football

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

I think that Victory are ahead of SFC although Bozza said they need to be more consistent like SFC and Roar were in their best days to be given the mantra ahead of those two clubs.

There is still daylight between Roarcelona and SFC/ MVFC in my opinion.

In a resort somewhere

Edited
6 Years Ago by paulc
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

sydneyfc1987 - 4 Dec 2018 12:50 PM
Iknowbest - 4 Dec 2018 12:26 PM

I'm sorry you're the one claiming MVFCs performance was better than every single sydney game in the last 2 years. I assumed you'd already watched every Sydney game in that period in order to make that statement.

I probably did watch all of them. Plenty of good wins. Lots of goals. Most of them very scrappy but a few good ones.
I can not remember anything with as much WOW as MV appear to be creating.
Hence why I am honestly asking for a link. I have only been able to find a few highlights.
I am looking for stuff that you could show to a football fan anywhere around the world and they would be impressed. I think that occurred a bit last Saturday.
I can not remember SFC ever doing it.
I really enjoy the perfect open play passing like what MV did. The goals that you can watch a dozen times and still enjoy.
But each to there own. A scrappy goal gets you just as many wins as a beautiful one. Just not as much WOW.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Iknowbest - 4 Dec 2018 12:26 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 4 Dec 2018 12:22 PM

Do you have a link to a replay? 

I'm sorry you're the one claiming MVFCs performance was better than every single sydney game in the last 2 years. I assumed you'd already watched every Sydney game in that period in order to make that statement.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

sydneyfc1987 - 4 Dec 2018 12:22 PM
Iknowbest - 3 Dec 2018 11:31 AM

5-0 against Wanderers with 40 pass 2nd goal where we patiently probed and passed it around until we tore the defence apart.

6-0 win against Perth that on another day could have been 10-0

3-0 win against Perth in the SF for 16-17. Total one way traffic bar a lucky chance or two for Perth.

Do you have a link to a replay? 

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 3 Dec 2018 11:18 AM

I have it as 2 dubious penalities against MV.
MV defence is better than most people think.
I like Georg and for me Deng should be in the NT. He has so much speed.
(Still a bit concerned about CB but he did ok on Saturday)

I am still waiting for a SFC fan to tell me which game I should re-watch where SFC dominated a match with high quality football.
(Do not suggest a game that they won 4-0 with grinding football. Give me one where they played stuff that you really enjoy watching it for the WOW factor).

5-0 against Wanderers with 40 pass 2nd goal where we patiently probed and passed it around until we tore the defence apart.

6-0 win against Perth that on another day could have been 10-0

3-0 win against Perth in the SF for 16-17. Total one way traffic bar a lucky chance or two for Perth.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Iknowbest - 3 Dec 2018 11:10 AM
Barca4Life - 3 Dec 2018 11:02 AM

The plan will be for Troisi (who is back in form) to come back in to the 10 position.
The attaching 5 will be Ola, Kosta, Troisi, Terry and Honda.
Carl and Raul will share the one holding position.
Brown is the weak link but did ok on Saturday.
Ansell made some A league teams of the week from his effort on Saturday.
Storm is ok.
Deng is under-rated and Georg was outstanding against SFC.
That's 13 players (add Thomas) with only Brown as a possible weak link for me.
(Brox and Hope in reserve).

The problem is Carl Valeri is a liability as a single holding player, it only takes one team to figure out that going through the middle in transition will cause Victory alot of problems defensively.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Iknowbest - 3 Dec 2018 10:04 PM
Good enough for all 11 to be picked as Bozzas team of the week.

Not bad considering 2 starters were not playing

Is this the same ignoramus that everyone listens to so to know to do the opposite ?

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I know this is a troll thread, but anyway:

The week before against FC was a bit of a snoozefest
WSW were shocking

We shouldn't get carried away yet, but against poor sides MV have been very good. The next few weeks will be telling if they can keep it up. 
I went to the game the other night and only was only there from the 10th minute until half time but was happy with only seeing that much of the game as it was some awesome football 
soccer_fan
soccer_fan
Hacker
Hacker (341 reputation)Hacker (341 reputation)Hacker (341 reputation)Hacker (341 reputation)Hacker (341 reputation)Hacker (341 reputation)Hacker (341 reputation)Hacker (341 reputation)Hacker (341 reputation)Hacker (341 reputation)Hacker (341 reputation)

WSF - 3 Dec 2018 11:44 AM

Isn't that more down to personal preference on the "wow" factor though?

Each set of fans will get carried away with their team saying they are magnificent and the best thing since sliced bread but then you ask a neutral and they are not impressed.

I'm sure if a Sydney Fc fan pointed out a game you would just say the opposite. 

I agree with the above. It's personal preference. 

Yes Melbourne Victory are currently playing some excellent football, but Sydney played excellent football last year also. Bobo and Adrian were fantastic to watch. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
PricklePear - 3 Dec 2018 10:15 PM

Wasn't it obvious after Boz blew a valve after the VAR call in RD 1?

How so?
PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro

Wasn't it obvious after Boz blew a valve after the VAR call in RD 1?

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

soccer_fan - 3 Dec 2018 9:03 AM
Jimo8 - 3 Dec 2018 12:44 AM

You seem salty in your posts. Something wrong?
Did Muscat sleep with your sister and girlfriend or something? Its unhealthy dude.

Certainly something Muscat would do imo. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Haven't read this whole thread but just wanted to comment that the 4th goal vs WSW the other night was an absolute peach.  Just really pretty to watch.

Member since 2008.

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

WSF - 3 Dec 2018 11:44 AM

Each set of fans will get carried away with their team saying they are magnificent and the best thing since sliced bread but then you ask a neutral and they are not impressed.

City played some WOW a few years ago when Mooy was in the team. They would follow up a WOW with 2 games of rubbish and then fall apart when it mattered but I could see some WOW.  Jets played a bit of WOW before Andrew N left last year.
I think of myself as a football fan first and a MV second. I usually watch all 5 games every weekend.
Fortunately MV are usually trying to play in a WOW fashion. Hopefully this year even more so than in the past.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
WSF
WSF
Pro

I am still waiting for a SFC fan to tell me which game I should re-watch where SFC dominated a match with high quality football.
(Do not suggest a game that they won 4-0 with grinding football. Give me one where they played stuff that you really enjoy watching it for the WOW factor).

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Feed_The_Brox - 3 Dec 2018 11:34 AM

Deng's distribution is underrrated. no Georg on saturday, so he took it upon himself to hit those eye of the needle passes and did it very well. He has grown so much in the past 2 years. should be off to Europe at seasons end. 

I do not think many Asian players could match Deng for speed and strength so that is why I think Arnold should get him in ASAP. 

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Deng's distribution is underrrated. no Georg on saturday, so he took it upon himself to hit those eye of the needle passes and did it very well. He has grown so much in the past 2 years. should be off to Europe at seasons end. 
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

i agree with Iknowbest. our football in the past month has been exhilarating. 11 goals scored and 2 conceded (1 being a dubious penalty). we also won in Newcastle and Sydney which has always been tough games for us. WSW might not have been a quality opponent, but some of those goals we scored were as sexy AF. the 4th goal in particular was sublime. Sydney dominated the league for 2 years, but didn't produce anything as sexy as that.   

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

i agree with Iknowbest. our football in the past month has been exhilarating. 11 goals scored and 2 conceded (1 being a dubious penalty). we also won in Newcastle and Sydney which has always been tough games for us. WSW might not have been a quality opponent, but some of those goals we scored were as sexy AF. the 4th goal in particular was sublime. Sydney dominated the league for 2 years, but didn't produce anything as sexy as that.   
femski
femski
Amateur
Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Ansell is a farkin muscat2.0, tried to break Riera ankles twice the fucking muppet
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Barca4Life - 3 Dec 2018 11:02 AM
There front 4 if you include Barbarouses, Toivonen, Honda and Antonis were excellent in combining together for some great moves.

Clearly there attacking potency is very strong but i have my doubts on Valeri as the holding player, maybe have Buena there and move Broxham or Hope into the starting team.

Brown is still suspect as the left back, the german defender and Deng work well together but i have my doubts on Ansell.

But will see how the season will unfold, lots of football to be played yet.

The plan will be for Troisi (who is back in form) to come back in to the 10 position.
The attaching 5 will be Ola, Kosta, Troisi, Terry and Honda.
Carl and Raul will share the one holding position.
Brown is the weak link but did ok on Saturday.
Ansell made some A league teams of the week from his effort on Saturday.
Storm is ok.
Deng is under-rated and Georg was outstanding against SFC.
That's 13 players (add Thomas) with only Brown as a possible weak link for me.
(Brox and Hope in reserve).

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

There front 4 if you include Barbarouses, Toivonen, Honda and Antonis were excellent in combining together for some great moves.

Clearly there attacking potency is very strong but i have my doubts on Valeri as the holding player, maybe have Buena there and move Broxham or Hope into the starting team.

Brown is still suspect as the left back, the german defender and Deng work well together but i have my doubts on Ansell.

But will see how the season will unfold, lots of football to be played yet.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Barca4Life
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Answer to the original question: NO

In a resort somewhere

WSF
WSF
Pro

Iknowbest - 3 Dec 2018 10:23 AM
WSF - 3 Dec 2018 10:21 AM

I think MV supporters will enjoy this thread popping up all year long.

We shall see, maybe you should focus more on Perth anyway, since they are the undefeated team this season. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search