CRICK AUS 11 v SRI LANKA

CRICK AUS 11 v SRI LANKA

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 20 Jan 2019 11:04 PM
baggygreenmania - 20 Jan 2019 1:50 PM

I really despair Baggers.

In the local tabloid which is a cricket paper, but now a BBL paper, not Shield cricket and long form cricket paper, the headlines were all about James Faulkner playing a role in Mickey Mouse cricket, helping to win another meaningless game for  the Hobart Hurricanes.

Faulkner, has been an unfulfilled talent in FC and Test cricket, and now only plays the Mickey Mouse forms of cricket. In media  circles he has also adopted an interesting celebrity lifestyle and made some poor choices that doesn't enhance a player to be at his peak.

Meanwhile, Kurtis  Patterson makes two superb hundreds against an international Test attack at Bellerive, and it is  well in from the back pages ! 

This CA 11 v SL is the only International long form of cricket match in our backyard for the season! There were almost no interviews, no press coverage, or human interest stories on the Sri Lankan team. There was only an article on the day the game started, publicising it.

Even 8 years or so ago, an Aussie 11 played India for a tour game and it drew 4 500 punters  per day. It also had a lot more media coverage.

I'm really frustrated with many so called cricket followers, who just won't turn up and watch it live, but will be the first to moan when it stops and we have no more international cricket because punters won't turn up, either.

I've just seen three days of fabulous live cricket at Bellerive with a superb view.

A sad state of affairs DC. I would have given  Bellerive the Melbourne game if I had a say.

There is always a good solid tussle between bat and ball at Bellerive. It is a picturesque ground with  a laid back atmosphere.

A big raspberry to all those Tassie punters that did not turn up for what was an absorbing three days of red ball cricket. I do have one small criticism..where was the expected movement under lites?

All I can say is lucky you that you can attend any cricket match. I live an hr and a half from the SCG. As I do not drive any more I have to take a train and two buses to get to the iconic ground to satisfy my cricket addiction.
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
baggygreenmania - 20 Jan 2019 1:50 PM
Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 11:21 PM

DC tell me about the influence of BBL. Pick up the Tele this morning two pages of BBL.. 20 almost hidden lines about the Patterson double tons in a Test warm up match. 

I really despair Baggers.

In the local tabloid which is a cricket paper, but now a BBL paper, not Shield cricket and long form cricket paper, the headlines were all about James Faulkner playing a role in Mickey Mouse cricket, helping to win another meaningless game for  the Hobart Hurricanes.

Faulkner, has been an unfulfilled talent in FC and Test cricket, and now only plays the Mickey Mouse forms of cricket. In media  circles he has also adopted an interesting celebrity lifestyle and made some poor choices that doesn't enhance a player to be at his peak.

Meanwhile, Kurtis  Patterson makes two superb hundreds against an international Test attack at Bellerive, and it is  well in from the back pages ! 

This CA 11 v SL is the only International long form of cricket match in our backyard for the season! There were almost no interviews, no press coverage, or human interest stories on the Sri Lankan team. There was only an article on the day the game started, publicising it.

Even 8 years or so ago, an Aussie 11 played India for a tour game and it drew 4 500 punters  per day. It also had a lot more media coverage.

I'm really frustrated with many so called cricket followers, who just won't turn up and watch it live, but will be the first to moan when it stops and we have no more international cricket because punters won't turn up, either.

I've just seen three days of fabulous live cricket at Bellerive with a superb view.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 11:21 PM
baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 8:40 PM

Definitely.

The  number  of people turning up is disappointing, but there was also barely any advertising for the game.

Nothing was in the local tabloid until game day. The tabloid is  dominated by BBL.

BBL is taking over traditional cricket.

Disgruntled Tas Crick Assoc members have been told by insiders, the only way to get any  attention from  Cricket Tas is to wear a  purple Hobart Hurricanes shirt and be a Hobart Hurricanes member!

DC tell me about the influence of BBL. Pick up the Tele this morning two pages of BBL.. 20 almost hidden lines about the Patterson double tons in a Test warm up match. 
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

With both failing Burns has to be the opener they go with. His shield form should get him in anyway. 

And Patterson really should get a call up thats just an amazing effort from him. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Holland 25 overs, 28 runs for 4 wickets.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Patterson scored his second unbeaten century for the game!

Pucoski also NO when Aus declared.

Idiotic Aussie selectors have overlooked Patto for 1st Test against SL, whilst selecting Burns and Renshaw who have failed in both innings.

Patterson was dropped twice in 80s though .
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Sri Lanka are 6-107 and heading for defeat.

Neser has 2-8 as well.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Fabulous day/night cricket live at the venue.

For the first time in a long time, spinners Holland and Labu are getting a bit out of the pitch.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 7:47 PM
baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 7:46 PM

You at the ground DC?

Yes.

Missed second session though. 

When I'm sitting with groups of people I don't look at my phone though.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 7:59 PM
Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 7:52 PM

He looks more comfortable this innings.

What is your take on the early declaration. A bold but smart move with dusk now here?

Baggers, I've only just seen this.

With the declaration I don't know  how many wickets were down, I missed the second session.

Given it is a three day game, it makes sense.

For a few mins I was sitting by myself at the game and posted a few posts . Then I joined a big group and didn't look at my phone until well after stumps.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 8:43 PM

Patterson and Labu showing what should be done at this level.

Dreadful performances again from Burns and Renshaw.

The selectors, and Greg Chapell has been seen at the ground,  must surely select Patterson.  
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 8:13 PM

Poor turnout by Hobartians.

Definitely.

The  number  of people turning up is disappointing, but there was also barely any advertising for the game.

Nothing was in the local tabloid until game day. The tabloid is  dominated by BBL.

BBL is taking over traditional cricket.

Disgruntled Tas Crick Assoc members have been told by insiders, the only way to get any  attention from  Cricket Tas is to wear a  purple Hobart Hurricanes shirt and be a Hobart Hurricanes member!
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Patterson and Labu showing what should be done at this level.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Renners was struck a long way out of his crease. Was worth a review but no DRS this game? 

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Renners was struck a long way out of his crease. Was worth a review but no DRS this game? 
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 8:00 PM
Let us hope Patterson can repeat his first innings effort.

can you see my posts?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Let us hope Patterson can repeat his first innings effort.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 7:52 PM
Renshaw just played a nice on drive for three. Hopefully a change in form for him!

He looks more comfortable this innings.

What is your take on the early declaration. A bold but smart move with dusk now here?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Renshaw LBW.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 7:47 PM

You at the ground DC?

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Renshaw just played a nice on drive for three. Hopefully a change in form for him!
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 7:43 PM

classic drive Renners.

You at the ground DC?
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 7:43 PM
Wow!Kumara is making the Aussies look like medium pacers. The keeper and slips are standing much further back.

classic drive Renners.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Off drive just played by Renshaw has been his shot of the match.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Wow!

Kumara is making the Aussies look like medium pacers.

The keeper and slips are standing much further back.

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 6:06 PM
RedKat - 18 Jan 2019 2:09 PM

I dont like three lefties in top three. So Burns opens with either Renners or Harris. I dont want Handscomb  so Puck debuts. Labu will play and Patterson will suck eggs.

My top 6. 
Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Renshaw
Pucovski
Labuchagne. 

Two failures for the recalled Joe Burns. Not what he wanted. Nor Australian cricket.
Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Burns looked solid until he was out to an outside edge to slips off Chamera.
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 6:06 PM
RedKat - 18 Jan 2019 2:09 PM

I dont like three lefties in top three. So Burns opens with either Renners or Harris. I dont want Handscomb  so Puck debuts. Labu will play and Patterson will suck eggs.

My top 6. 
Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Renshaw
Pucovski
Labuchagne. 

Handscomb is not in the test squad, Head is and will play.

My side would be 

Harris
Burns
Khawaja
Head
Labuschagne
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Siddle
Lyon
Hazlewood
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

City Sam - 18 Jan 2019 10:44 AM
Test_Fan - 18 Jan 2019 9:36 AM

But why select Patterson when you can select both the Marshes?

They haven't selected either of the Marshes for the latest test squad. However they have selected a highly talented young batsman on the basis of three FC innings and despite the fact he struggles against the short ball. They also selected an opener averaging less than 20 in the current Shield season.
Some how a test batting line has to be successful with 3 of Labuschagne, Pucovski, Renshaw and Burns in it.
Burns played a bad shot but he is the most credentialed of the quartet so has to play. The other 3 should not play, especially Renshaw, do they want to permanently ruin his confidence? Perhaps he can come back at 28.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Burns has played a few shots already in the second innings.

Kumara looks like the quickest bowler in the game so far.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search