CRICK AUS 11 v SRI LANKA

CRICK AUS 11 v SRI LANKA

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Have to say,  day/night cricket is great.

When I've  attended day/night FC games in Tas previously, they have been in November when it can be chilly at night.

ATM we are having unseasonably warm weather. Watching cricket at night is atmospheric.

Even though I despise BBL with a passion, day/night cricket and the pink ball are terrific for spectators.

The pink ball is easier to see in the day too.
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Test_Fan - 18 Jan 2019 9:36 AM
I hope the selectors are feeling embarrassed. Surely they have no choice but to admit they made a massive error and add Patterson to the test squad and then resign.

But why select Patterson when you can select both the Marshes?
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 10:25 AM

Agree.

Reckon CA has egg on face not picking Patterson for the First test. Then to make matters worse they pick the squad before the actual tour /warmup game. 

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 10:57 AM
Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 10:25 AM

Reckon CA has egg on face not picking Patterson for the First test. 428  Shield runs @48 should have made him a cert. Why on earth was the squad chosen before the actual tour game?

State of play going into the second day sees Australia with a competitive score on the board..thanks to the composure of Kurtis Patterson and Jake Doran.  CA will not be happy that all four Test prospects failed to get over 25. So what is the Saker game plan for today? Will Australia swing a ball? 
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Theyll stick with the squad. Ive seen so many comments about how good Pucovski looked for his 23. Im expecting us to go with a top 6 Harris Renshaw Khawaja Handscomb Labuschagne Pucovski Paine

Though I dont think Pucovski is ready and Labuschagne should be remotely near the squad and his continual selection is probably stunting his options. With the squad selected and calling up Patterson the best we can get is

Harris Renshaw Khawaja Handscomb Patterson Burns Paine

But I dont like that at all with Burns out of position and maintain the best top seven we can get currently (factoring in some of the older players arent getting another chance) is

Burns Harris Khawaja Patterson Maxwell Wade Paine

ARNIE= LEGEND

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Already live at the game I think the batters look more comfortable in daylight against the Aussie pace attack.

I know I’m a broken record, but Tremain , Boland and Neser are slow compared to Meredith.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

This deck looks made for runs now. Our bowlers will have to be disciplined.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

He might bowl some loose balls every now and then, but surely they could have chosen one express bowler in Meredith.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 2:14 PM
Already live at the game I think the batters look more comfortable in daylight against the Aussie pace attack. I know I’m a broken record, but Tremain , Boland and Neser are slow compared to Meredith.

Meredith is in my A side to England. Tremain leads my attack. Copeland also makes my team with either Jake Winter or Dan Worrall.
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Anyone having live stream problems?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Sri Lanka look more comfortable against our attack than our top three did against theirs.

Our attack is nagging ,without much fire apart from the odd Neser shorter ball.

I know how effective  medium fast bowlers, like Philander and Abbas, can be though.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 4:23 PM
Sri Lanka look more comfortable against our attack than our top three did against theirs.

Our attack is nagging ,without much fire apart from the odd Neser shorter ball.

I know how effective  medium fast bowlers, like Philander and Abbas, can be though.

Why do we continue to pick Holland. He has been tried and proven to not be at this level. He does not create pressure nor is he a wicket taker like he is for his state.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 5:07 PM
Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 4:23 PM

Why do we continue to pick Holland. He has been tried and proven to not be up to this level. He  is a good honest state standard bowler.

See how much more dangerous a wristie in Labu can be. Has the batsman guessing. Burns has another at his disposal.. Jason Sangha.
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

RedKat - 18 Jan 2019 2:09 PM
Theyll stick with the squad. Ive seen so many comments about how good Pucovski looked for his 23. Im expecting us to go with a top 6 Harris Renshaw Khawaja Handscomb Labuschagne Pucovski Paine

Though I dont think Pucovski is ready and Labuschagne should be remotely near the squad and his continual selection is probably stunting his options. With the squad selected and calling up Patterson the best we can get is

Harris Renshaw Khawaja Handscomb Patterson Burns Paine

But I dont like that at all with Burns out of position and maintain the best top seven we can get currently (factoring in some of the older players arent getting another chance) is

Burns Harris Khawaja Patterson Maxwell Wade Paine

I dont like three lefties in top three. So Burns opens with either Renners or Harris. I dont want Handscomb  so Puck debuts. Labu will play and Patterson will suck eggs.

My top 6. 
Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Renshaw
Pucovski
Labuchagne. 
Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Baggers

It has been a hot topic of conversation in the members that Holland has been selected over the likes of Swepson for this game.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Burns has played a few shots already in the second innings.

Kumara looks like the quickest bowler in the game so far.
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

City Sam - 18 Jan 2019 10:44 AM

But why select Patterson when you can select both the Marshes?

They haven't selected either of the Marshes for the latest test squad. However they have selected a highly talented young batsman on the basis of three FC innings and despite the fact he struggles against the short ball. They also selected an opener averaging less than 20 in the current Shield season.
Some how a test batting line has to be successful with 3 of Labuschagne, Pucovski, Renshaw and Burns in it.
Burns played a bad shot but he is the most credentialed of the quartet so has to play. The other 3 should not play, especially Renshaw, do they want to permanently ruin his confidence? Perhaps he can come back at 28.
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 6:06 PM

I dont like three lefties in top three. So Burns opens with either Renners or Harris. I dont want Handscomb  so Puck debuts. Labu will play and Patterson will suck eggs.

My top 6. 
Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Renshaw
Pucovski
Labuchagne. 

Handscomb is not in the test squad, Head is and will play.

My side would be 

Harris
Burns
Khawaja
Head
Labuschagne
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Siddle
Lyon
Hazlewood
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Burns looked solid until he was out to an outside edge to slips off Chamera.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 6:06 PM

My top 6. 
Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Renshaw
Pucovski
Labuchagne. 

Two failures for the recalled Joe Burns. Not what he wanted. Nor Australian cricket.
Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Wow!

Kumara is making the Aussies look like medium pacers.

The keeper and slips are standing much further back.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Off drive just played by Renshaw has been his shot of the match.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 7:43 PM
Wow!Kumara is making the Aussies look like medium pacers. The keeper and slips are standing much further back.

classic drive Renners.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 7:46 PM
Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 7:43 PM

classic drive Renners.

You at the ground DC?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Renshaw just played a nice on drive for three. Hopefully a change in form for him!
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 7:47 PM
baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 7:46 PM

You at the ground DC?

What is your take on the early declaration. A bold but smart move with dusk now here?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Renshaw LBW.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 7:52 PM
Renshaw just played a nice on drive for three. Hopefully a change in form for him!

He looks more comfortable this innings.

What is your take on the early declaration. A bold but smart move with dusk now here?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Let us hope Patterson can repeat his first innings effort.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 18 Jan 2019 8:00 PM
Let us hope Patterson can repeat his first innings effort.

can you see my posts?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search