Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Author
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Derider - 22 Jan 2019 1:43 PM
maxxie - 22 Jan 2019 1:20 PM

It sounds like this is exactly what happened. They did give him a warning. They brought him in and outlined their problems with the culture, and asked him to address the issues in the future. By all accounts, he basically told them to get fucked and stormed out. If that is what happened, I would have sacked him too. 

I have not see even one account of this.

Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

clockwork orange - 22 Jan 2019 2:06 PM
Derider - 22 Jan 2019 1:43 PM

I have not see even one account of this.

Watch the world game podcast on fb that someone linked to in the other thread. Lucy seemed pretty authoritative on that point. It sounds true.

This podcast: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2121779084579996&id=108683457751&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.insidesport.com.au%2F2746597%2FFFA-sidestepped-warnings-to-sack-Stajcic-Comments&_rdr
Edited
5 Years Ago by Derider
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Blatantly making shit up to win an argument, nice
Edited
5 Years Ago by 433
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Derider - 22 Jan 2019 2:10 PM

Watch the world game podcast on fb that someone linked to in the other thread. Lucy seemed pretty authoritative on that point. It sounds true.

This podcast: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2121779084579996&id=108683457751&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.insidesport.com.au%2F2746597%2FFFA-sidestepped-warnings-to-sack-Stajcic-Comments&_rdr

Was Lucy authoritative on him being called to a meeting with Gallop AFTER the media was already reporting that he was getting sacked?

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

From the ABC article, I would say that Stajcic is not solely responsible for the stress placed on the players and the lack of support should be handled by the FFA and not the Coach alone. Perhaps the FFA moved on Stajcic quickly to help cover up this shortcoming but I think it has backfired instead.
Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

clockwork orange - 22 Jan 2019 2:22 PM

Was Lucy authoritative on him being called to a meeting with Gallop AFTER the media was already reporting that he was getting sacked?

Why are you asking me? Watch the podcast if you're interested in what she said. I really can't be bothered dealing with your men's rights activist agenda. 
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

As a friend said to me today the biggest problem is how the Senior Women's National Team and Program is structured.

It basically the Matilda's Football Club, with a Senior Team, a Youth Team and a Junior Team.
Its because there is no real club culture or structure in the female game and that's because its not based on spectator sport concepts.

The matilda's  players are on ongoing player contracts, there are 15,16  and 17 yo players on 2 year Matilda contracts.

Its this that gives them rights and its having these workplace contracts that brings in the issues of OH&S.

Stajcic has to deal with all this in an environment created by FFA, but where is his support?

The article says 140 people in the Matildas program were surveyed. Not everyone responded to the survey.

How many staff and players are bloody well involved in this program and how much is it costing.

So Matilda's are unlike what we understand a National Team should be, your not selected for the next tournament or international match based on your club performances.

Think about it no Socceroo expects to get better by playing as a Socceroo That's what he's expected to do with his Club.

Just think about Ourwatch might be engaged to deal with a national team.
What does it say about the operational model of that team?

So the matilda's are structurally different to the Socceroo's.
Time to adopt the Global Standards in Womens football to.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

433 - 22 Jan 2019 2:11 PM
Blatantly making shit up to win an argument, nice

Hahaha.  Just noticed your new avatar.  Quality.

Member since 2008.

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

Derider - 22 Jan 2019 2:33 PM
clockwork orange - 22 Jan 2019 2:22 PM

Why are you asking me? Watch the podcast if you're interested in what she said. I really can't be bothered dealing with your men's rights activist agenda. 

Yeah, I'm going to watch an 80 minute podcast that you think might support an argument you want to make. Good one.

Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

According to Bonita Mercedes on Football Today some favoured journalists were worded up prior to the dismissal.

Derider
Derider
Pro

clockwork orange - 22 Jan 2019 3:06 PM
Derider - 22 Jan 2019 2:33 PM

Yeah, I'm going to watch an 80 minute podcast that you think might support an argument you want to make. Good one.

I'm not making an argument. Just reporting what I've heard, which sounded believable. And you don't have to watch 80 minutes. They talk about it almost straight away. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Ignore Lucy Zelic and the rest of the lackeys, clearly they instructed to cover this as much as they can as 'legal reason's when we know this is much deeper than a couple of surveys.

There is a real agenda here which is very concerning for the game, and again the main stakeholders the players and the fans again miss out and treated like crap.
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Fewer than 20% - Is this for real? No need to answer lol. ABC understands there maybe further fallout- Really who would have thought lol.

And once again how much did the Watch survey get payed to come up with some outcomes?
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Arthur - 22 Jan 2019 2:47 PM
As a friend said to me today the biggest problem is how the Senior Women's National Team and Program is structured.

It basically the Matilda's Football Club, with a Senior Team, a Youth Team and a Junior Team.
Its because there is no real club culture or structure in the female game and that's because its not based on spectator sport concepts.

The matilda's  players are on ongoing player contracts, there are 15,16  and 17 yo players on 2 year Matilda contracts.

Its this that gives them rights and its having these workplace contracts that brings in the issues of OH&S.

Stajcic has to deal with all this in an environment created by FFA, but where is his support?

The article says 140 people in the Matildas program were surveyed. Not everyone responded to the survey.

How many staff and players are bloody well involved in this program and how much is it costing.

So Matilda's are unlike what we understand a National Team should be, your not selected for the next tournament or international match based on your club performances.

Think about it no Socceroo expects to get better by playing as a Socceroo That's what he's expected to do with his Club.

Just think about Ourwatch might be engaged to deal with a national team.
What does it say about the operational model of that team?

So the matilda's are structurally different to the Socceroo's.
Time to adopt the Global Standards in Womens football to.

2nd Matilda division and P&R?

In a resort somewhere

Edited
5 Years Ago by paulc
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

I always thought the national team was for elite players.not to baby sit players and train them.
I can understand if the national coach gets asked .....why isnt he giving one on one sessions to talk through psychological issues...He replies...F.ck Off.

Could you imagine this happening with Jose or most senior European coaches?
I understand bullying is a serious issue.But seriously,do we need HR to relay messages to players who aren't performing?
What happens at half time in games,when players dont perform in the first half?...Everyone on the couch for analysis and meditation?

If Stajcic was sacked because he refused to not yell at players and those players felt intimidated it's a sad state of affairs.

If this was a requirement ,where was the HR manual?LOl

welcome to nanny state hell.
paulc
paulc
Legend

Quite surprised how logically Lucy speaks on this issue.

Whilst she made it clear she's not taking up sides she is adamant that some football people on social media are "acting like petulant children".

In a resort somewhere

paulc
paulc
Legend

crimsoncrusoe - 22 Jan 2019 5:08 PM
I always thought the national team was for elite players.not to baby sit players and train them.I can understand if the national coach gets asked .....why isnt he giving one on one sessions to talk through psychological issues...He replies...F.ck Off.Could you imagine this happening with Jose or most senior European coaches?I understand bullying is a serious issue.But seriously,do we need HR to relay messages to players who aren't performing?What happens at half time in games,when players dont perform in the first half?...Everyone on the couch for analysis and meditation?If Stajcic was sacked because he refused to not yell at players and those players felt intimidated it's a sad state of affairs.If this was a requirement ,where was the HR manual?LOlwelcome to nanny state hell.

It is becoming clearer that there were issues simmering into something unacceptably serious and Stajcic was given the opportunity to help correct the environment and move forward in a collaborative way to resolve the issues but refused. No wonder he got the bullet.

In a resort somewhere

moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 22 Jan 2019 1:15 PM
"The full Our Watch report is expected to be delivered to FFA headquarters this week"

Uhhh what.

-PB

That was my reaction.
Look if the blokes done something wrong, then it's all fine and dandy, it's been handled very poorly.
paulc
paulc
Legend

moops - 22 Jan 2019 5:38 PM
paulbagzFC - 22 Jan 2019 1:15 PM

That was my reaction.
Look if the blokes done something wrong, then it's all fine and dandy, it's been handled very poorly.

Agree. There are two separate issues.

1. Was the decision right
2. Could it been handled better

Whilst no one can be absolutely sure at this point in time, my bet is YES for 1.and YES for 2.

In a resort somewhere

Edited
5 Years Ago by paulc
mdm
mdm
Fan
Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)

Xmas Time. FFA Diversity Manager Cassie Lindsay also moonlight for Our Watch.

Photo here https://www.twitter.com/kiwibardy/status/1087574393855725568
moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

paulc - 22 Jan 2019 5:42 PM
moops - 22 Jan 2019 5:38 PM

Agree. There are two separate issues.

1. Was the decision right
2. Could it been handled better

Whilst no one can be absolutely sure at this point in time, my bet is YES for 1.and YES for 2.

1. Possibly, not even the FFA know the details.
2. Certainly, like evaluating the evidence before taking action.
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

Lets not forget there are two sides to a story.
All we are getting at the moment is one side.
If an Employer wants to get rid of someone,they are going to present the worst possible picture to justify their action.
Some journalists will ask the serious questions and others will just eat the chook food.

To my knowledge no national coach in any sport has been sacked for toxic environment issues,when they are winning games.The normal course of action would be counselling.
Which suggests the most plausible cause of his sacking was ... Stajcic has told someone important to go F themselves .That person went ballistic and wanted him out at all costs.

I expect Stajcic has legal advice and is waiting for his moment.
Meanwhile FFA are falling over themselves trying to cover their rear ends.
Because we all know that sacking someone without due process can lead to legal action.Regardless of paying out a contract.
Because there are things like damage to a persons reputation.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

I thinks that’s why the went the payout route, not straight up termination.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

paulc - 22 Jan 2019 5:11 PM

Quite surprised how logically Lucy speaks on this issue.

Whilst she made it clear she's not taking up sides she is adamant that some football people on social media are "acting like petulant children".

She really does like to shut down those she disagrees with through insults. 

I actually quite like her but she does tend to act like a petulant child herself at times. Her overreaction to the over pronunciation debacle at the World Cup was bizarre. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

maxxie
maxxie
Pro

When is the Matilda's next game? Surely we have some clearer answers before then. Next time the players are in front of the media this is all they're going to be asked about.

It's so frustrating this is happening now. We have an honest to god chance to win a fucking world cup and this shitstorm comes up. Vintage Aussie football.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

^^^
That nations cup thing I think, just over a month away
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

It seems that all he was doing was being a hard coach,  if that gets you sacked how do you expect to win a world cup.
Lets hope for meteocrity, because that all we're willing to expect from our training
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

‘They’re out to get you’: Stajcic warned of alleged plot to have him sacked
ANDREW WEBSTER JANUARY 22, 2019
"It’s good for me – but it’s not so good for you’’. These are the words that Football Federation Association chief executive David Gallop said to Matildas coach Alen Stajcic in November last year when a new board was installed.

Months before that, an FFA board member warned Stajcic that powerful forces within the game wanted him sacked and replaced with a female coach. ‘‘They’re out to get you,’’ he was told.

Last Friday, the predictions came true, at least in part, when Stajcic – one of the most successful coaches in the team’s history – had his contract torn up five months out from the World Cup following two surveys allegedly painting a ‘‘toxic culture’’ within the national women’s team.

According to numerous sources, Stajcic’s messy departure has exposed the tangled web that exists around one of Australian sport’s most loved sides.

They talk of a divided team environment, riddled with cliques, made even more complex by the fact that some players have been in relationships with each other. They talk of some players thriving under Stajcic’s demanding coaching style while others have complained about a ‘‘bullying’’ culture in which they were ‘‘scared to make a mistake’’.

And they talk about the coach being undermined by a ‘‘witchhunt’’ that has been underway for many months to push him out of his job. All of this has happened against the backdrop of a successful team that should be genuine contenders at the World Cup in France in June.

On Tuesday, there was plenty of finger-pointing, leaked reports, spats on Twitter and revelations on strongly worded blogs about Stajcic’s demise and how it had been handled by head office. Whoever at FFA thought sacking the coach and revealing only vague details about the reasons was a good idea should consider a career change.

Stajcic had no idea when contacted last Thursday by a reporter that he was about to be sacked. He was given scant detail by Gallop on Friday about what was revealed in the Professional Footballers Association and Our Watch reports and even less at a meeting on Saturday.

In other words, the Matildas coach has been sacked — but he still doesn’t entirely know why.

One of the key figures in the saga is FFA director Heather Reid, who was part of the new board installed in November at the insistence of FIFA. She angrily denied to the Herald that she is one of the people behind the plot to oust Stajcic.

‘‘It’s absolutely not correct,’’ she fumed. ‘‘It’s so far from the truth. I have no grudge against Alen Stajcic. To suggest that I have orchestrated his demise and that I’ve influenced the board members is an insult. Not to me, but the whole board.

‘‘I suggest that it’s an ugly mess that some people in the media want to push against women of influence. Certain people in the game want to ruin the reputation of pioneers like myself and [former director] Moya Dodd and hard-working people like [FFA head of women’s football] Emma Highwood just to shift the blame somewhere else.’’

For his part, Stajcic and his family are crushed by the events of the last few days. The mere mention of Our Watch, an organisation that deals with domestic violence around women and children, paints all sorts of pictures. The body released a statement on Tuesday saying it had made no recommendations about individuals in its report to the FFA.

It’s understood Stajcic will pursue the matter legally and is also keeping an eye out for defamatory comments as select football experts make accusations about a culture of homophobia, bullying and fat-shaming within his former side.

There are also claims flying about relating to FFA board members leaking sensitive information to sections of the media to further discredit the coach. Ugly stuff.

The obvious question is this: what’s he done? Nobody really seems to know. Because the FFA has chosen to pay out the final nine months of his contract, they are under no obligation to tell him, or anyone for that matter, the reasons why.

It argues that the media should concentrate on why Stajcic was sacked, not who was responsible for it. But that’s difficult when it is not divulging much publicly in the name of ‘‘confidentiality’’.

‘‘It’s a pity that there aren’t more parents and players prepared to speak up about some of his behaviour,’’ Reid said. ‘‘If people knew the actual facts, they would be shocked. I can refer you to some people who were involved with the Green and Gold Army who were in Jordan for the Asian Cup and talked to parents and heard their concerns about the welfare of their daughters. And talk to players about their situation in the team.

‘‘The whole thing is getting extremely ugly by pointing the finger at certain women who have had a large positive impact on the game while people won’t look in the mirror or their own backyard.’’

Whether Stajcic oversaw a ‘‘toxic culture’’, as the FFA keeps saying, depends on who you talk to.
While more than a dozen players took to social media to say they were shocked about his sacking and didn’t want to see him go, it’s understood that some of the same players were critical of him in interviews with the FFA.

There’s no doubt that Stajcic drove the team hard in the pursuit of success. Some players thrived in the professional environment, others felt he went too hard. Elite sporting teams are not for the faint-hearted, regardless of gender. Perhaps the claims around body image point to the problem.

Stajcic introduced skinfolds to the playing group but these stopped amid accusations of ‘‘fat shaming’’. Only the team doctor can now talk to the players about weight issues. Some would argue skinfolds are part and parcel of most elite sporting teams.

It is also understood that Stajcic struggled to deal with the complexities of several players within the team having relationships with each other.

The search is now on for a replacement. Reid has removed herself from the selection process given the accusations directed at her in the last few days. She became emotional when she addressed the players at Coogee on Monday.

‘‘But I won’t remove myself when a recommendation about a new coach comes to the board,’’ she says. ‘‘That’s my right as a board member. It will be an open process to replace him. Whether it’s a female is irrelevant. Men in the media are saying that. They are setting FFA up to fail. If the preferred candidate is a woman, they will rub their hands together and say, ‘Well, this is what they wanted’.

If people knew the actual facts, they would be shocked.

Heather Reid
‘‘I’m sitting in semi-retirement on the Sunshine Coast, being accused of all this rubbish. Women have agendas and blokes can have opinions. We want the best for the team. That’s all.’’

Finding a replacement is one thing but there is more still to play out in this story. Serious questions are being asked about the way FFA has handled Stajcic’s axing.

‘‘Are we done?’’ Gallop said at a media conference on Monday before being called back to answer more questions.

No. Far from it.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/they-re-out-to-get-you-stajcic-warned-of-alleged-plot-to-have-him-sacked-20190122-p50szc.html

Webster seems to think it was dodgy.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Reid playing the gender card. Sad. And quite ironic given that accusations that some wanted Stajic out because he is male.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kamaryn
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

So Reid says she has nothing against Stajcic, but then goes on to say: “‘‘It’s a pity that there aren’t more parents and players prepared to speak up about some of his behaviour,’’ Reid said. ‘‘If people knew the actual facts, they would be shocked. I can refer you to some people who were involved with the Green and Gold Army who were in Jordan for the Asian Cup and talked to parents and heard their concerns about the welfare of their daughters. And talk to players about their situation in the team.”

Hardly the comments of someone without an agenda. This stinks to high heaven.

Sounds like Gallop knew it was coming but was too gutless to defend Stajcic. Typical of this overpaid messenger boy.

And good to see Stajcic has his lawyers looking at Zelic and co for their defamatory accusations of homophobia and bullying.
Edited
5 Years Ago by clockwork orange
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search