Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Author
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Yep knew all that, precisely why I brought her up
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Good article by Steph Brantz: http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/australia/2751/blog/post/3756441/ffas-clumsy-handling-of-alen-stajcics-sacking-is-damaging-the-matildas

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 23 Jan 2019 1:39 PM
Burztur - 23 Jan 2019 1:07 PM

Nothing to see here. Let's just let ANOTHER shot be fired at football be fired because you're too last and gutless at what will be exposed.

I'm talking about player relationships and whether men/women are qualified to coach one another etc...
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

"In my view the only thing surprising about Stajcic's appointment in the first place was that he got through the huge bias towards a female coach for the role.  You can bet London to a brick that a female coach will be appointed now to satisfy the bias against men in the role."

So what about the bias towards female coaches that sees no professional female coaches in Australia?

Beaten by Eldar

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Eldar - 23 Jan 2019 1:58 PM
"In my view the only thing surprising about Stajcic's appointment in the first place was that he got through the huge bias towards a female coach for the role.  You can bet London to a brick that a female coach will be appointed now to satisfy the bias against men in the role."

So what about the bias towards female coaches that sees no professional female coaches in Australia?

That's Inequality of Outcome.  It doesn't mean bias exists.
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 23 Jan 2019 2:01 PM

That's Inequality of Outcome.  It doesn't mean bias exists.

So why not use the female game to give opportunity to female coaches?

If it is just about the outcome, why not just use male players as well?

Beaten by Eldar

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Brantz has it spot on there
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Eldar - 23 Jan 2019 2:06 PM

Some teams have tried that lol
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

aok - 23 Jan 2019 1:44 PM
NicCarBel - 23 Jan 2019 12:48 PM

Raelene has moved onto to CEO of Rugby Australia.  After destroying the Bulldogs, she set her sites on destroying Rugby Australia.  By all measures, she is succeeding in wiping out Rugby in Australia almost singlehandedly.  Hopefully she's not lining up the FFA as her next move.

Rugby Australia was in dire straits long before Raelene ever got near them.If anything since she has become involved the sport has managed to plateau a little ... still looks like a big struggle in Australia to ge rugby union back to where it was in the 90s.
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

pretty sure the last matildas coach was a female, that the players got sacked by the way...

Expedite
Expedite
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

sokorny - 23 Jan 2019 2:38 PM
aok - 23 Jan 2019 1:44 PM

Rugby Australia was in dire straits long before Raelene ever got near them.If anything since she has become involved the sport has managed to plateau a little ... still looks like a big struggle in Australia to ge rugby union back to where it was in the 90s.

She did an absolutely terrible job at the Bulldogs, she should not be in charge of any organisation.

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

1.  Why use the female game to give opportunity at the detriment of performance outcomes?

2. Because the rules don't allow male players to compete, and if they did, there wouldn't be a single female player selected.  Ever.

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

It's a really simple concept. You pick the best person for the job, regardless of gender. It actually has a fancy name - 'Gender equality'.

Edited
5 Years Ago by clockwork orange
Eldar
Eldar
Pro

clockwork orange - 23 Jan 2019 3:36 PM

It's a really simple complex. You pick the best person for the job, regardless of gender. It actually has a fancy name - 'Gender equality'.

I see,  so the best people for the job are always men.... doh,  it seems so obvious now. 

Beaten by Eldar

Eldar
Eldar
Pro

Enzo Bearzot - 23 Jan 2019 3:13 PM

1.  Why use the female game to give opportunity at the detriment of performance outcomes?

2. Because the rules don't allow male players to compete, and if they did, there wouldn't be a single female player selected.  Ever.

Why pick Australian coaches when foreigners are better? 

Beaten by Eldar

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Good article except quoting that bloody idiot Mark Latham.  If you're going to quote that clown you may as well ask Fraser Anning what he thinks too.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/analysis/there-was-nothing-there-to-sack-a-coach-over-518325

The survey was sent out and 142 responses received. However only three of them are said to have been from Matildas, and one from a Socceroo. At least one Matilda doesn't even remember ever seeing it.

The overwhelming majority were from non-playing staff, parents and partners.

Member since 2008.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

I have to wonder how many male coaches would want to go near the Matilda's job. If I was Joe montemurro for example I would be staying at Arsenal. Why would anyone want to be in that toxic environment. 

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Eldar - 23 Jan 2019 3:42 PM

I see,  so the best people for the job are always men.... doh,  it seems so obvious now. 

Teacher: "All dogs are mammals. All horses are mammals. Birds are not mammals. What can we conclude from these facts?"
Eldar: "All horses are dogs?"

lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

RBBAnonymous - 23 Jan 2019 3:46 PM
I have to wonder how many male coaches would want to go near the Matilda's job. If I was Joe montemurro for example I would be staying at Arsenal. Why would anyone want to be in that toxic environment. 

Right now under the current ffa management and board any coach with integrity wouldn't touch the Matildas job
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

Munrubenmuz - 23 Jan 2019 3:45 PM
Good article except quoting that bloody idiot Mark Latham.  If you're going to quote that clown you may as well ask Fraser Anning what he thinks too.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/analysis/there-was-nothing-there-to-sack-a-coach-over-518325

The survey was sent out and 142 responses received. However only three of them are said to have been from Matildas, and one from a Socceroo. At least one Matilda doesn't even remember ever seeing it.

The overwhelming majority were from non-playing staff, parents and partners.

So we potentially have 1 disgruntled Matilda? And this is at least part of the reason they'd sack the coach.  You can bet Reid, Highwood and Lindsey all filled out their anonymous surveys.

Eldar
Eldar
Pro

clockwork orange - 23 Jan 2019 3:48 PM

Teacher: "All dogs are mammals. All horses are mammals. Birds are not mammals. What can we conclude from these facts?"
Eldar: "All horses are dogs?"

Clockwork orange : bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks. 

Beaten by Eldar

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

Sorry Eldar, I’m going to have to leave a note for your parents
Eldar
Eldar
Pro

Clockwork orange; both men and women are equal. 

Eldar;  so why are there no female coaches?

Clockwork orange; because women aren't good enough. 

Beaten by Eldar

redcup
redcup
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

I see,  so the best people for the job are always men.... doh,  it seems so obvious - Oh hang on I haven't read the post, I've just barged in there with my response.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

Clockwork orange: It's a really simple complex. You pick the best person for the job, regardless of gender. It actually has a fancy name - 'Gender equality'.

Eldar: I see, so the best people for the job are always men.... doh, it seems so obvious now

Nowhere in that did clockwork say “men are always the best for the job”

Stop being a fucking troll and making shit up out of people’s words. Stunts like that just make your opinion irrelevant.
johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Kevin Airs, I think your article was well written.

Ordinary rank and file football fans are so resigned to corruption and injustice at high levels of football never being rectified that I think most of us fans think that, once we've sounded off our anger and frustration, nothing really is going to change.

I hope I speak for many male football fans, when I say that I hold the Matildas team in high regard, and deep heartfelt support. I hope Stajcic is reinstated. I realise this is a big hill to climb, given that Gallop would have to fall on his sword. But if there is justice in life, this is one of those cases I hope it happens.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/analysis/there-was-nothing-there-to-sack-a-coach-over-518325/page0
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

I honestly think Gallop is not to blame for this and he is just doing the job he is told.
johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

NicCarBel - 23 Jan 2019 4:38 PM
I honestly think Gallop is not to blame for this and he is just doing the job he is told.

Then let's name the FFA Board members who are to blame.

I can't help think that this insidious type of TOXIC CULTURE in the FFA Board was what forced Fozzie out of running for a position on the Board.

Surely it is the FFA Board itself that has the toxic culture.
WC1day
WC1day
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Eldar - 23 Jan 2019 4:04 PM

I get that you want a woman to coach a womens team.  

My point was that with an obvious bias that way from the selection panel it was a surprise in the first place that Stajcic was appointed.  Its going to be no surprise that a woman is appointed this time, even if there is a man better qualified for the job.

So you will be happy.  Job done!! :)

I just want the best candidate picked no matter their gender, race or any other factor.  Just the best one.  In this case even if its a man that wont happen because of the gender politics.  That's sad but that's the way of the world now.

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

Eldar - 23 Jan 2019 4:04 PM

Geez mate - it's not rocket science. You either believe in the best person for the job, or you believe in someone being picked because of their gender. I'm in the first camp. Where are you?

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search