Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Author
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
tsf - 25 Jan 2019 7:33 AM
How the hell can Reid say ‘if people knew what I knew’. This is so unprofessional and leads to smear.

Because that was her intent. Its ow #metoo works.  Smear.  Not a single conviction in Court yet.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

^ I cannot think of any examples where there is confidentiality clause where the instigating party can then say after it 'If only you knew what we knew' publically. 

It's actually quite juvenile - she should get a warning at best, if not asked to leave. I would'nt be surprised if it's a breach of contract.
maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Does anyone have specific on behaviour what would see a board member removed?
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

maxxie - 25 Jan 2019 9:02 AM
Does anyone have specific on behaviour what would see a board member removed?

There aren't any.  They don't have to tell them.  Just a agree to the early payout and shut up.  The remaining  board members are also entitled to then say in the media "If you knew why..."
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro

Oh and her stupidity goes in to overdrive :"

When I spoke to FFA board member Heather Reid earlier in the week, she repeatedly offered this: “Why are people more concerned with how he was sacked than why he was sacked?”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/after-the-stajcic-sacking-is-it-time-for-gallop-to-go-20190124-p50tg7.html

Why Heather?

Because its natural fucking justice, that's why, for anyone to be told what the allegations are, to contest them in front of his accusers, and to not have their name publically smeared before that has happened.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro

And she won't shut up:

"I suggest that it's an ugly mess that some people in the media want to push against women of influence. Certain people in the game want to ruin the reputation of pioneers like myself and [former director] Moya Dodd and hard-working people like [FFA head of women’s football] Emma Highwood just to shift the blame somewhere else."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/they-re-out-to-get-you-stajcic-warned-of-alleged-plot-to-have-him-sacked-20190122-p50szc.html

As opposed to ruining the reputation of hugely successful coach who has achieved results that made the national team a contender to win the World Cup?  That's ok, huh Heather?

Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

You know things are REALLY BAD when you start thinking Frank Lowy and Steven Lowy would have done a better job of this than the current board.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 25 Jan 2019 9:16 AM
Oh and her stupidity goes in to overdrive :"

When I spoke to FFA board member Heather Reid earlier in the week, she repeatedly offered this: “Why are people more concerned with how he was sacked than why he was sacked?”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/after-the-stajcic-sacking-is-it-time-for-gallop-to-go-20190124-p50tg7.html

Why Heather?

Because its natural fucking justice, that's why, for anyone to be told what the allegations are, to contest them in front of his accusers, and to not have their name publically smeared before that has happened.

Football Fans: "We don't understand why he was sacked, please tell us"
Football Media: "We don't understand why he was sacked, please tell us"
Stajcic: "I don't know why I was sacked, please tell me"
Matildas: "We are shocked and don't understand why he was sacked"
FFA: "<sound of crickets>, oh and toxic environment"
Heather Reid: "Why are people more concerned with how he was sacked than why he was sacked?”

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Arthur - 25 Jan 2019 9:21 AM
You know things are REALLY BAD when you KNOW Frank Lowy and Steven Lowy would have done a better job of this than the current board.

Fixed

maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 25 Jan 2019 9:21 AM
And she won't shut up:

"I suggest that it's an ugly mess that some people in the media want to push against women of influence. Certain people in the game want to ruin the reputation of pioneers like myself and [former director] Moya Dodd and hard-working people like [FFA head of women’s football] Emma Highwood just to shift the blame somewhere else."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/they-re-out-to-get-you-stajcic-warned-of-alleged-plot-to-have-him-sacked-20190122-p50szc.html

As opposed to ruining the reputation of hugely successful coach who has achieved results that made the national team a contender to win the World Cup?  That's ok, huh Heather?

Calling yourself a 'pioneer' when the majority of football fans had never heard of you before you were elected reeks of a lack of self-awareness. Football fans don't owe you leeway when you work for us. It's like she's trying to turn people against her. Unbelievable. 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

And she won't shut up:

Heather plays the victim. 

'Itz cuz im wuman '

Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-s-primary-sponsor-unhappy-with-stajcic-sacking-saga-20190124-p50thl.html

Football Federation Australia risks straining its relationship with its largest sponsor over the handling of the sacking of Matildas coach Alen Stajcic with Hyundai understood to be unhappy with public reception of the shock move.

The Herald understands the Korean car manufacturer is concerned by the poor publicity surrounding the handling of Stajcic's dismissal coinciding with an expensive advertisement campaign around Australian football.

A spokesman for Hyundai Australia declined to comment on the situation when approached by the Herald on Thursday however a senior source suggested the company is far from pleased with the performance of FFA.
Hyundai are not alone in their unhappiness, with several major stakeholders concerned with the performance of the FFA board. 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Chris Nikou, Kelly Bayer Rosmarin, Joseph Carrozzi, Crispin Murray and Remo Nogarotto are all equally as culpable as Reid or Gallop.  They voted unanimously to sack Stajcic and have been hiding away since this story broke. 

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

aok - 25 Jan 2019 9:39 AM
Chris Nikou, Kelly Bayer Rosmarin, Joseph Carrozzi, Crispin Murray and Remo Nogarotto are all equally as culpable as Reid or Gallop.  They voted unanimously to sack Stajcic and have been hiding away since this story broke. 

All pioneers in their own minds no doubt ....

Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

maxxie - 25 Jan 2019 9:29 AM

Calling yourself a 'pioneer' when the majority of football fans had never heard of you before you were elected reeks of a lack of self-awareness. Football fans don't owe you leeway when you work for us. It's like she's trying to turn people against her. Unbelievable. 

Oct 19, 2013

Football pioneer Heather Reid has been named as an Ambassador for the Australian Womensport and Recreation Association.

Source    Westfield Matildas website

If you look at the entries in a number of registers of Australian women she is in there plus was awarded an AM for her work.  She is cited in being instrumental in the establishment of the Women's World Cup and getting Women's Football included in the Olympic Games.  Whether she should refer to herself as a pioneer can be questioned but that she is considered a pioneer in women's football in Australia is without question.

Having said that its quite reasonable to be questioning her role in the current crisis.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Gyfox
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

The gg army quotes are questionably slanderous.
johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Is there any way to orchestrate a coup or public revolt against the FFA Board?

Society needs to make a stand to uphold principles of justice. FFA's actions are the way Australia is going downhill - sacking people and not giving details.

It is a LIE that the details are kept hidden to protect the confidentiality of the surveys. It is a LIE because they can still keep the names hidden, but could satisfy the public by giving the survey details without revealing the names.

This Stajcic sacking is as good as any test case for the ordinary bloke to make a stand against injustice.

In this forum, a few people have given detailed examples of unfair sackings in Australian corporate life similar to the issues faced by Stajcic.

When we fight for him, we fight for our rights too.

First they came for Tony Abbot, and I did not speak out for him—because I was against Abbott's policies anyway.
Then they came for Judge Brett Kavanaugh, and I did not speak out— because I was not into U.S politics and believed what the woman said without needing evidence.
Then they came for Donald Trump, and I did not speak out— because I was not into U.S politics and I believed 100% of what the media said about Trump.
Then they came for Alen Stajcic, and I did not speak out—because I never think to question what is fed to me by the main news media.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

maxxie
maxxie
Pro

Gyfox - 25 Jan 2019 9:59 AM
maxxie - 25 Jan 2019 9:29 AM

Oct 19, 2013

Football pioneer Heather Reid has been named as an Ambassador for the Australian Womensport and Recreation Association.

Source    Westfield Matildas website

If you look at the entries in a number of registers of Australian women she is in there plus was awarded an AM for her work.  She is cited in being instrumental in the establishment of the Women's World Cup and getting Women's Football included in the Olympic Games.  Whether she should refer to herself as a pioneer can be questioned but that she is considered a pioneer in women's football in Australia is without question.

Having said that its quite reasonable to be questioning her role in the current crisis.

Fair enough.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

You know when things are murky when one of your major sponsors starts to question the process as well.

They might sweep it under the carpet but the ramifications of this will start to bear fruit for the FFA.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

The fact the leader Chris Nikou hasn't been at the forefront of representing the FFA shows his weakness and vindicates the warnings of changing the previous board.

This board has the potential of not being independent given the weighted voting blocks.

Karma for the nuvo new dawners.

In a resort somewhere

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

paulc - 25 Jan 2019 11:22 AM

The fact the leader Chris Nikou hasn't been at the forefront of representing the FFA shows his weakness and vindicates the warnings of changing the previous board.

This board has the potential of not being independent given the weighted voting blocks.

I would just say that under Lowy, all this shit got covered up. Without their clout, these things get aired. In order for football in the country to progress to its maximum potential, we need this factional behaviour to go. 
maxxie
maxxie
Pro

Burztur - 25 Jan 2019 11:33 AM

I would just say that under Lowy, all this shit got covered up. Without their clout, these things get aired. In order for football in the country to progress to its maximum potential, we need this factional behaviour to go

I'm not well informed on stuff like this, but is this goal realistic? From what we're learning, it seems factions are so deeply ingrained into the game that getting rid of them will be a monumental task that will take a generation at least.

This mess is really making me pessimistic about the future of the football in Australia. Is it too much to ask to have people in charge who actually give a shit about the game?
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Probably not. Factional infighting will always exist but at least aim to have people focused on football.
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

I thought (and posted) that the changes that were recommended prior to the new board being installed were flawed and could lead to massive issues with the governance of the A-League, so on that basis I opposed the changes.  But not in my wildest dreams did I foresee how destructive one individual with an agenda could be to football in Australia.  As much as I understand your careful what you wish for and you reap what you sow stance, I have a couple of questions for you.  

How do you wholeheartedly defend a board you yourself think shouldn't be there? 
Shouldn't you be filling your boots and going hell for leather at the new board whilst still reminding the forum that the FIFA approved "remedy" has lead to this?

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

"Pioneers like myself"?

Righto Kanye.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Burztur - 25 Jan 2019 11:33 AM

I would just say that under Lowy, all this shit got covered up. Without their clout, these things get aired. In order for football in the country to progress to its maximum potential, we need this factional behaviour to go. 

Exactly it. The new board is cleaning up the Lowy catastrophe. They don't have my sympathy despite Paulcuck and his neavu nu 3 years tops.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

paladisious - 24 Jan 2019 2:55 PM
clockwork orange - 24 Jan 2019 2:07 PM

Literally Kafkaesque.

Someone else here has actually read The Trial?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

It really doesn't.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Burztur
Burztur
World Class

Lowy was warning about foreign influence destroying Australian football. We are perfectly capable imo
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Burztur - 25 Jan 2019 2:32 PM
Lowy was warning about foreign influence destroying Australian football. We are perfectly capable imo

Haha Man City Group just licking their lips to pick up the leftovers.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search