Aflw vs a league

Aflw vs a league

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
It begins
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

seriously?
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

What begins? The aflw will rate better and thats about it.
femski
femski
Amateur
Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Aflw will rate better in Victoria, SA and WA. There's a big culture difference in NSW and QLD tbh
It's like the rest of Brazil ( samba inherited) vs rio grande de sul ( similar to Uruguay and Argentina ) they even called for independence from Brazil a few years ago.
Look at Grêmio and inter they fans chant like Barra bravas while the rest of Brazil and that samba jazzy feel to their chants
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Oh, this thread again.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

southmelb - 30 Jan 2019 3:29 PM

In Melbourne. 

For some matches they were in the 100s in NSW.
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

tsf - 30 Jan 2019 4:11 PM

In Melbourne. 

For some matches they were in the 100s in NSW.

although 100k in ratings is pretty good

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 30 Jan 2019 2:55 PM
It begins

Start the NBL too.

And Lawn Bowls etc.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

We really need to stop looking at what other codes are doing and direct our energy towards our own game. None of the other major codes have the same major problem that the HAL has. The problem is the fact that if a person likes Aussie Rules then they follow the AFL or AFLW or VFL or all of the above. Same goes for rugby and the NRL. However with the HAL, only a very small percentage of people who like football actually follow the HAL or NPL. That's the problem that needs addressing. People either like football or they don't, we should be focusing on attracting the people that already like football.
femski
femski
Amateur
Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)

Football is the biggest sport in Sydney I know is sounds wrong because of thugby Ligue but the sport has had a rich background in these parts the success of Marconi and the Socceroos that have come out of western Sydney to play in big leagues in Europe.
And then the eventual upbringing of The Western Sydney Wanderers FC but the downfall of rugby league in Sydney has given football an advantage of building for the future. Football dominates the school sports and sport in whole of Sydney.

One day we will become the countries main sport but it's starts off with grassroots that's the important bit
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

someguyjc - 30 Jan 2019 4:58 PM
We really need to stop looking at what other codes are doing and direct our energy towards our own game. None of the other major codes have the same major problem that the HAL has. The problem is the fact that if a person likes Aussie Rules then they follow the AFL or AFLW or VFL or all of the above. Same goes for rugby and the NRL. However with the HAL, only a very small percentage of people who like football actually follow the HAL or NPL. That's the problem that needs addressing. People either like football or they don't, we should be focusing on attracting the people that already like football.

The day FFA & the State Feds finally cotton onto this'll be the first day of Australian football's golden years to come.

Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

The way 7 promoes the AWFL at every given opportunity in Melbourne you're think it's the start of the World Cup. Even then I don't think there's as much promotion!!!
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

WAFL is as WAFL does! Do people seriously care?
Footballer
Footballer
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

femski - 30 Jan 2019 5:05 PM
Football is the biggest sport in Sydney I know is sounds wrong because of thugby Ligue but the sport has had a rich background in these parts the success of Marconi and the Socceroos that have come out of western Sydney to play in big leagues in Europe.And then the eventual upbringing of The Western Sydney Wanderers FC but the downfall of rugby league in Sydney has given football an advantage of building for the future. Football dominates the school sports and sport in whole of Sydney.One day we will become the countries main sport but it's starts off with grassroots that's the important bit

I guess this is why WSW boasts national ratings in the millions and packs out stadiums wherever it goes.

Image result for me fail english thats

femski
femski
Amateur

And this why the sport is the way it is with numpties like Footballer oh well I have nothing better to do so why don't I just put someone down.
You can thank the British for the way Australia is there the ones that brought cricket over which then transpired to gayfl.
Anyway maybe I should of just stayed in São Paulo when I had the chance so I don't have to listen to the bullshit that happens in this dumbfuck of a country
femski
femski
Amateur

Anyway maybe they Dutch shoudl of colonised Australia maybe it will all be a different story
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

For a sport that has a 6 months off season & has no other competitions anywhere in the world, no wonder they gagging for some action, any action.
But I can tell you it won't rate in Sydney, thankfully.

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

well Scott Morrison did announce yesterday another $15 million for the AFLW (brisbane lions training facility, which I'm sure the men will use as well). imagine what the W-League could do with that. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 31 Jan 2019 8:26 AM
well Scott Morrison did announce yesterday another $15 million for the AFLW (brisbane lions training facility, which I'm sure the men will use as well). imagine what the W-League could do with that. 

what a waste
Footballer
Footballer
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 31 Jan 2019 8:32 AM
Feed_The_Brox - 31 Jan 2019 8:26 AM

what a waste

a disgrace
Footballer
Footballer
Semi-Pro

femski - 31 Jan 2019 3:03 AM
And this why the sport is the way it is with numpties like Footballer oh well I have nothing better to do so why don't I just put someone down.You can thank the British for the way Australia is there the ones that brought cricket over which then transpired to gayfl.Anyway maybe I should of just stayed in São Paulo when I had the chance so I don't have to listen to the bullshit that happens in this dumbfuck of a country

relax precious.

But you look like a 'dumbfuck' when you claim WSW is some sort of footballing powerhouse and theyre getting sub-10k crowds and national ratings of 20-30k.
bettega
bettega
World Class

Footballer - 31 Jan 2019 8:49 AM

relax precious.

But you look like a 'dumbfuck' when you claim WSW is some sort of footballing powerhouse and theyre getting sub-10k crowds and national ratings of 20-30k.

don't forget the streaming numbers

femski
femski
Amateur

We've picked up nternational interest aswell from Saudi Arabia and Japan. So I don't know what I said to make you think I'm preferring WSW as a powerhouse lol.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

And this why the sport is the way it is with numpties like Footballer oh well I have nothing better to do so why don't I just put someone down.You can thank the British for the way Australia is there the ones that brought cricket over which then transpired to gayfl.Anyway maybe I should of just stayed in São Paulo when I had the chance so I don't have to listen to the bullshit that happens in this dumbfuck of a country

Maybe you should reconsider staying in this dumbfuck country?

In a resort somewhere

femski
femski
Amateur

I'm born here lol but I have a italian passport and Brazilian one aswell so.... Only reason I Called this country ' dumbfuck' is because of the people running it and because of the afl and cricket loving tossers that give football no respect. As I said I could happily go back to Brazil or Italy but I don't intend too. As I'm not in the financial status or situation to do so.
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

femski - 31 Jan 2019 1:47 PM
I'm born here lol but I have a italian passport and Brazilian one aswell so.... Only reason I Called this country ' dumbfuck' is because of the people running it and because of the afl and cricket loving tossers that give football no respect. As I said I could happily go back to Brazil or Italy but I don't intend too. As I'm not in the financial status or situation to do so.

So you're staying in this "dumbfuck" country because you're too broke to afford tickets to move to Brazil or Italy? And this country is a "dumbfuck"??
femski
femski
Amateur

Airfare ain't cheap and I'm happy staying in western Sydney I'm born here why would I move Brazil and Australia are practically the same we both wear thongs our countries are hot as Fuck and we both have chocolate cigarettes snacks hehe both coat ores have huge tourist attractions rio Copacabana and Sydney harbour and Bondi. And we both love our sport, Meh may aswell live in both countries...😂
Edited
5 Years Ago by femski
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

@bottega

Hundreds as in 235 viewers in NSW not 235,000
Dingo
Dingo
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)

Went to Dorrien Gardens (Perth Italia) on Friday for a sundowner game between WLeague teams Perth Glory and Melbourne Victory, great night and game as well.
The standard in womens football (soccer) is great to see especially with each team allowed up to 3-4 imports. The grandstand was full and every part of the perimeter fence was taken (standing room) Foxtel promised to telecast every game live but they don't and this one wasn't either. Tuned into fox this morning and they're showing every AFLW game live one after the other, and very convenient of them to start their season while WLeague finals are about to commence.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Dingo
bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Dingo - 3 Feb 2019 4:03 PM
Foxtel promised to telecast every game live but they don't and this one wasn't either

I was confused by this claim also but I think the unscreened games can be streamed form their website

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search