12.82% - 5 votes Ninkovic
12.82% 5 votes
10.26% - 4 votes Berisha
10.26% 4 votes
7.69% - 3 votes Carlos Hernandez
7.69% 3 votes
0% - 0 votes Isais
0% 0 votes
Member Votes: 39, Guest Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
sub007 - 19 Feb 2019 2:00 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 6:02 PM

Your criteria was trophies.

Other players have won more. Therefore Brox isn't the best by your own criteria lol.

Looks as though he's changed his tune again. He just stated Castro could be contender for "best" provided Perth win the league this year (two trophies maximum compared to 9 for the original "best" in Broxham).

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 6:02 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 15 Feb 2019 5:00 PM

I clearly stated my criteria of why I thought Brox was the A leagues best.
I have not moved my goal posts.
I have said that if there was a set criteria it would be somebody else.
I struggle to see how that is confusing.
Given the factors I stated and have not changed then Brox is the A leagues best.
You are welcome to have your own caveats.
Nobody has suggested somebody better than Brox for my criteria.

How am I being annoying?
I am only replying to people talking to me. I am not bumping the thread.

Your criteria was trophies.

Other players have won more. Therefore Brox isn't the best by your own criteria lol.

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Check out the DFS Mondays Podcast.
I think they address the Castro issue well. 
(Perhaps they could have mentioned his negative impact over previous years).

Bump this thread at the end of the season if Perth win and then Castro is a contender.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

perthjay85 - 17 Feb 2019 12:41 AM
CASTRO! ! ! 

It is a shame his poor attitude in previous years held Perth back,
Good to see with his new approach the positive effect it has has on Perth.

Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
perthjay85
perthjay85
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

CASTRO! ! ! 
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

NIKOLAI TOPOR-STANLEY

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 9:29 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 15 Feb 2019 9:17 PM

It would only be frustrating if you felt inferior.
Every comment a person makes in their life is "in their opinion". The phrase is never required in life. If you find yourself using it you should check yourself and move on.
My reasons for putting Broxham are valid. I do not require your consent or approval. You are free to choose who ever you want. For me it is Broxham for the reasons I have stated and given that Iknowbest (a proven point) then I can state it like I have. I guess next year you will all have to combine and try and beat me in the tipping. One against many. Still think I will win.

Well well well. As the A League's best player, obviously Leigh Broxham would improve Brisbane Roar in their finer years having him swap with Thomas Broich. Similarly, swapping him for Milos Nincovic would improve Sydney FC's performances immeasurably. I can see it now, Broxham out on the left wing for Brisbane, switching inside an MV defender who looks very like Leigh Broxham, he sends an exquisite cross to the far post where Bersart Berisha cranes his neck to get a magnificent header past the flailing MV Keeper for a great goal.

The A League's best, nah, a great servant to the game, absolutely!
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

sydneyfc1987 - 15 Feb 2019 9:17 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 6:17 PM

If you just said "my own opinion" then we would of.

But no, you start by telling everybody they are "missing the point", then proceed to say "I am correct", insinuating that your comments are not opinion but a stated fact. In other words, "I am right and everybody else is wrong". 

And you don't see how that is frustrating? 

It would only be frustrating if you felt inferior.
Every comment a person makes in their life is "in their opinion". The phrase is never required in life. If you find yourself using it you should check yourself and move on.
My reasons for putting Broxham are valid. I do not require your consent or approval. You are free to choose who ever you want. For me it is Broxham for the reasons I have stated and given that Iknowbest (a proven point) then I can state it like I have. I guess next year you will all have to combine and try and beat me in the tipping. One against many. Still think I will win.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Great game tonight Broxham.
Thanks for proving yet again why you should be at the top of this thread.
Tonight, this time as a left back you win the pen and get in the commentators points.
Nobody will say you were the most attractive on ground.
But when you do this week in week out for over a decade for the price you cost then you are the A leagues best.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 6:17 PM
Keeper66 - 15 Feb 2019 6:07 PM

So why then do they keep replying to it?
If you do not like my criteria then move on and leave it alone.

If you just said "my own opinion" then we would of.

But no, you start by telling everybody they are "missing the point", then proceed to say "I am correct", insinuating that your comments are not opinion but a stated fact. In other words, "I am right and everybody else is wrong". 

And you don't see how that is frustrating? 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

The replies are to tell you that we don’t agree with your criteria. But you seem not to understand that (or more likely deliberately ignore it).
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Keeper66 - 15 Feb 2019 6:07 PM
Iknowbest, the point you are continuing to miss here is that no one is interested in your criteria.

So why then do they keep replying to it?
If you do not like my criteria then move on and leave it alone.

Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Iknowbest, the point you are continuing to miss here is that no one is interested in your criteria.
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

sydneyfc1987 - 15 Feb 2019 5:00 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 3:59 PM

It's hard to use logic when you're so frustrating.

You constantly move the goal posts, one post you say these sort of debates are subjective (I agree) then in another arrogantly claim you are "correct" (despite NOBODY, not even Victory fans, agreeing with you). 

"Best at what"? You say in another post. Good question! 'A-League's best' is clearly an open invitation for debate and subjectivity, with different posters valuing different factors (success, contribution, talent etc) as higher or lower in importance.

I clearly stated my criteria of why I thought Brox was the A leagues best.
I have not moved my goal posts.
I have said that if there was a set criteria it would be somebody else.
I struggle to see how that is confusing.
Given the factors I stated and have not changed then Brox is the A leagues best.
You are welcome to have your own caveats.
Nobody has suggested somebody better than Brox for my criteria.

How am I being annoying?
I am only replying to people talking to me. I am not bumping the thread.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 3:59 PM
Keeper66 - 15 Feb 2019 3:47 PM

They all keep talking about the greatest player for a short period of time.
If there is a time frame in the question then I would not go with Brox.
I explained this right at the beginning.
The original post  is extremely opened ended.
I took the thread as it is stated.
I explained my criteria in my first response.
Alternative answers and why were encouraged in the first post.
Most other people have not put their criteria.
I have pointed out some very good reasons for my logic. Everybody else has just gone with a name and very little explaining why.
Castro has played some beautiful football. He has also contributed to Perth underachieving for the last few season with his approach to football.
I am pleased that this year he has taken it more seriously and you can see the results.
I take it as a compliment that you feel the need to address my post but try to do it with logic rather than a rant.

It's hard to use logic when you're so frustrating.

You constantly move the goal posts, one post you say these sort of debates are subjective (I agree) then in another arrogantly claim you are "correct" (despite NOBODY, not even Victory fans, agreeing with you). 

"Best at what"? You say in another post. Good question! 'A-League's best' is clearly an open invitation for debate and subjectivity, with different posters valuing different factors (success, contribution, talent etc) as higher or lower in importance.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Keeper66 - 15 Feb 2019 3:47 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 1:52 PM

Fuck me, are you still on here peddling your ridiculous shit about this.  Can you review this thread and observe that literally no one on here is agreeing with you, and just accept it.

They all keep talking about the greatest player for a short period of time.
If there is a time frame in the question then I would not go with Brox.
I explained this right at the beginning.
The original post  is extremely opened ended.
I took the thread as it is stated.
I explained my criteria in my first response.
Alternative answers and why were encouraged in the first post.
Most other people have not put their criteria.
I have pointed out some very good reasons for my logic. Everybody else has just gone with a name and very little explaining why.
Castro has played some beautiful football. He has also contributed to Perth underachieving for the last few season with his approach to football.
I am pleased that this year he has taken it more seriously and you can see the results.
I take it as a compliment that you feel the need to address my post but try to do it with logic rather than a rant.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 1:52 PM
vanlassen - 15 Feb 2019 1:32 PM

I stick with Brox for the reasons I pointed out.
It is correct given the question and the explanation.
(Other and specify where options - not sure why you are all having issues with my answer unless you know it is correct and just can bring yourself to say so).
If you do not think I know best then why would you still be disagreeing with me. You would just let it go as somebody who knows nothing. You have not chosen that path. So you obviously care that as the smartest person here you need to try to "correct" me.
If you want to say somebody and why go for it. If you make the criteria right your answer will possibly be right too.

Fuck me, are you still on here peddling your ridiculous shit about this.  Can you review this thread and observe that literally no one on here is agreeing with you, and just accept it.
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

vanlassen - 15 Feb 2019 1:32 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 12:39 PM

You said Brox and proved Youdonotknowbest. 

I stick with Brox for the reasons I pointed out.
It is correct given the question and the explanation.
(Other and specify where options - not sure why you are all having issues with my answer unless you know it is correct and just can bring yourself to say so).
If you do not think I know best then why would you still be disagreeing with me. You would just let it go as somebody who knows nothing. You have not chosen that path. So you obviously care that as the smartest person here you need to try to "correct" me.
If you want to say somebody and why go for it. If you make the criteria right your answer will possibly be right too.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 12:39 PM
"best"
"best at what" ?
He put other as an option.
I have provided an other that is the best. I put my criteria as to why Brox is best (in an overall sense when you take into account stuff like salary caps) to the question of "A league Best".
I did not just say "Brox" without explaining why.
Redkat asked for this in his first post.

I have not said Castro is not the best at a point in time. Or another player for that matter. 

My answer is correct. If you want to refine the topic to specific criteria that is ok. The criteria will change my answer.
But to the question asked I have provided the correct answer and why it is the correct answer.

Refine the criteria and you will get various different answers that change with the different criteria.

You said Brox and proved Youdonotknowbest. 
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

"best"
"best at what" ?
He put other as an option.
I have provided an other that is the best. I put my criteria as to why Brox is best (in an overall sense when you take into account stuff like salary caps) to the question of "A league Best".
I did not just say "Brox" without explaining why.
Redkat asked for this in his first post.

I have not said Castro is not the best at a point in time. Or another player for that matter. 

My answer is correct. If you want to refine the topic to specific criteria that is ok. The criteria will change my answer.
But to the question asked I have provided the correct answer and why it is the correct answer.

Refine the criteria and you will get various different answers that change with the different criteria.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

Redkat started the thread iknowbest. I think he knows what he meant by "best" better than you.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

City Sam - 15 Feb 2019 12:07 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 12:04 PM

Yes and i am saying people can make a larger impact in a few years than others do in 10. Brox is nothing more than an easily replaceable squad player.

I do not think MV would have ended up with the 8 trophies they have without Brox.
They might have been able to get a few of those without him. It is difficult to say.
But saying he is just a squad player is selling him way short. Squad players do not make the difference between winning silverware or nothing. Squad players do not cover as many positions as he does. Squad players do not give you the long term player bonus to help build the rest of your team. Squad players do not have fans with their name on the back of their tops.

Theo has 9 - not sure how many his teams would have made without him. It is hard to say.
Muscat - well you have to say he has been great for the league. 
Castro has helped win 0. Should get 1 or 2 by end of year so if he has another 5 years in him who knows. You may end up being right. His poor approach to the last few years have held Perth back from achieving what they should have. So you have to look at his down side too. This year he does pre-season and look what happens.

City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 12:04 PM
City Sam - 15 Feb 2019 12:00 PM

I have never said Brox is a better player than Castro.
I have answered the thread.
A leagues Best.

Yes and i am saying people can make a larger impact in a few years than others do in 10. Brox is nothing more than an easily replaceable squad player.
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

City Sam - 15 Feb 2019 12:00 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 11:31 AM

The only simpleton is you, as you are completely unable to think abstractly even a minuscule amount and have taken the topic ridiculously linearly. 

If Ronaldo came down for a few season he'd be the A League's best ever player without a doubt, not bloody Brox just because he has some longevity of being average. People can make a larger impact in a shorter time frame than others do in a longer period of time.

I have never said Brox is a better player than Castro.
I have answered the thread.
A leagues Best.

I have suggested that a new thread be started for those of you who care to find "The Best player to have played in the A league". It would need criteria.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 11:31 AM
RedKat - 15 Feb 2019 11:21 AM

I am correct.
Do not get disappointed at me for being right yet again.
You are the one who constructed  a very poor thread with no guidelines on a very subjective topic.

The point I have being making is very valid and hopefully has made some of the simpletons on here think about what is actually the A leagues Best.
It is not a player that comes and goes. It is not a player that does not produce a trophy.
It is a player that creates passion (like Brox) and fans (like Honda).

Yes of course some players are more talented in some respects than Boxham. That was never my point.

The only simpleton is you, as you are completely unable to think abstractly even a minuscule amount and have taken the topic ridiculously linearly. 

If Ronaldo came down for a few season he'd be the A League's best ever player without a doubt, not bloody Brox just because he has some longevity of being average. People can make a larger impact in a shorter time frame than others do in a longer period of time.
Edited
5 Years Ago by City Sam
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

RedKat - 15 Feb 2019 11:21 AM
Please change your username. Its been proven Iknowbest not you

I am correct.
Do not get disappointed at me for being right yet again.
You are the one who constructed  a very poor thread with no guidelines on a very subjective topic.

The point I have being making is very valid and hopefully has made some of the simpletons on here think about what is actually the A leagues Best.
It is not a player that comes and goes. It is not a player that does not produce a trophy.
It is a player that creates passion (like Brox) and fans (like Honda).

Yes of course some players are more talented in some respects than Boxham. That was never my point.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Please change your username. Its been proven Iknowbest not you

ARNIE= LEGEND

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

I am sorry folks but you have all failed to convince me.
The A league is a salary cap league that struggles to make a profit.
Every player therefore needs to be assessed on their cost for the return they give (which can only be measured in trophies).
Given the thread is A leagues Best my original post still holds true.

In a Salary caped league, that has discounts for long term players then it has to be Leigh Broxham especially when you take into account how many positions and how many years he has played.
After all playing football is about helping your team win trophies. It is not an individual sport.
Castro is still on 0 and will never get past a few.
Does anybody have more A league trophies than Brox? I think he has 8? Does anybody come close to that? Does anybody except Berisha even have half of that?

Special mentions for Theo and Muscat.
If you want a different thread for the prettiest player for a season then go for it but we already have awards for that each year.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Solano
Solano
Fan
Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)

Iknowbest - 14 Feb 2019 8:24 AM
Everybody has missed the point.

In a Salary caped league, that has discounts for long term players then it has to be Leigh Broxham especially when you take into account how many positions and how many years he has played.
After all playing football is about helping your team win trophies. It is not an individual sport.
Castro is still on 0 and will never get past a few.
Does anybody have more A league trophies than Brox? I think he has 8? Does anybody come close to that? Does anybody except Berisha even have half of that?

Think about it - You know I am right.

As a Victory supporter, I have a lot of man love for Broxy. However, if the greatest A-league team of all time were to be picked, Broxy would not feature, that's a fact. His trophy count is undeniable/

As far as this thread goes, Broich was a delight to watch and would be one of the first picked in any side.

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
sub007 - 14 Feb 2019 10:20 PM
For me Castro is the best player ever imo. Tearing up the league at age 36 and has 36 goals and 16 assists in 86 games while never played in a team that has finished higher than 5th on the table.

Not to try and trigger Perth fans, but I don't think Castro can be classified as the best ever HAL player when to date he still hasn't been the best player in any individual year he's been here. 

2015-16 Mooy
2016-17 Ninkovic
2017-18 Ninkovic/Miejereswki

This year he only has a total of 3 goals and 1 assists and missed 1/3rd of the season.

I'm not knocking his quality, he's been by far and away one of the best foreigners we've had year in year out and I love watching him play, but many others have had better outputs for longer periods of time + led their team to success.  He doesn't really hold a candle to the obvious front runners like Broich/Berisha IMO.

Edited
5 Years Ago by jlm8695
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search