The Formula 1 Thread

The Formula 1 Thread

Author
f1worldchamp
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
afromanGT wrote:
ok, how about Mika Hakkinen, also not a great driver - but he won consecutive titles. Somehow DC ends up playing second fiddle to him. Go figure.

Actually, that ones quite easy - DC was rubbish.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
ok, how about Mika Hakkinen, also not a great driver - but he won consecutive titles. Somehow DC ends up playing second fiddle to him. Go figure.

Alonso tries to force drivers off the track, he tried to do it to Button, he's got into arguments with Hamilton over it (mostly because Hamilton's tried doing the same), he did it to Trulli.

Mika Hakkinen was not a bad driver at all, and David Coulthard was never all that good.

You clearly do not like Alonso, because of his arrogance or something, but you just can not deny he is a good driver. And I am still not convinced by your arguments that he is a dirty driver.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Personally I think DC was a better driver than he was given credit for. Moving from one drivers shadow to another (Hill, Villeneuve, Hakkinen, etc), he always did very well considering what he had to work with.

Maybe if youa ctually watched Alonso drive you'd know what I'm talking about. I don't see how you can think Hamilton is a wanker and a dirty driver but not Alonso.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Aloso false starts something horrible. Another ail in his coffin, david.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Let's get started.

Allez Renault!

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

It will be an interesting year.  I hope Renault can improve on last year's package and would like to see Leclerc trounce Vettel.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

haha - all things French eh.
I actually wish them luck being our own DR is with them and hoping they can rub RB nose's at times.
Will be a very interesting season looking good tbh with the many driver changes etc.....
I expect it will be a Ferrari/MB show up front but hoping a couple of others get up there more this season.
Hoping Ferrari can reduce their errors incl Petel and be on it all season for 2019.

Here's a link on some of the aero changes

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.front-wings-the-differing-designs-of-mercedes-ferrari-and-the-rest-of-the.nZRjhVIjUYEjoHf2qiCuT.html

Love Football

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

LFC. - 25 Feb 2019 9:10 AM
haha - all things French eh.
I actually wish them luck being our own DR is with them and hoping they can rub RB nose's at times.
Will be a very interesting season looking good tbh with the many driver changes etc.....
I expect it will be a Ferrari/MB show up front but hoping a couple of others get up there more this season.
Hoping Ferrari can reduce their errors incl Petel and be on it all season for 2019.

Here's a link on some of the aero changes

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.front-wings-the-differing-designs-of-mercedes-ferrari-and-the-rest-of-the.nZRjhVIjUYEjoHf2qiCuT.html

The Renault support is more DR being there, and it would be sweet to see Renault rub RB's nose in it :)
It does look like a continuation of the Ferrari/MB fight for constructor's and driver's champs.
Got down to Melbourne for last year's race and it was an awesome week-end, unfortunately can't make it this year.

When the season gets underway, this is a good blog to read;
https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/

Edited
5 Years Ago by aok
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

cheers for the link, I'll read up a bit in there.

I have a little faith in Renault - they have been there and done it before, hopefully they are on the right track this season with our mate DR.
Really hope he does well enough to stick it up Marko.
Oh for sure the 2 usual suspects will be fighting it out, their budgets are another level, just hoping for closer competition behind them and someone taking the crumbs well when their strategy's end up in error.

Love Football

aok
aok
Pro

Some cool sliding graphics comparing Ferrari front wing with all other teams
https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/21721

Test Day 2 at Barca starts today.  Testing doesn't generally show the real pace of cars but it's fun to see the new cars out on track.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes its all smokes and mirrors during testing but great to see these 2019 cars, looking much nicer and liveries are pretty diverse.
Loving the mat Ferrari look.
Final day - https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47375428
Bring on Melb, hoping to get down there for the weekend incl the Supercars.

Love Football

aok
aok
Pro

LFC. - 27 Feb 2019 8:42 AM
yes its all smokes and mirrors during testing but great to see these 2019 cars, looking much nicer and liveries are pretty diverse.
Loving the mat Ferrari look.
Final day - https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47375428
Bring on Melb, hoping to get down there for the weekend incl the Supercars.

Are you still going down to Melbourne?

An interesting article about F1 and Chemical Bros

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/21843

This is the "song" on Youtube.  I think it's less than 3 seconds long

Jenson
Jenson
Fan
Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)

aok - 8 Mar 2019 5:01 PM

Anyone heard anything on Shueys condition? Last i heard he spent Christmas with family in a retreat. Bloody awful what happened to him. Only seems like yesterday when he broke his leg trying to squeeze through a gap during a race. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

aok - 8 Mar 2019 5:01 PM

Mate, just last week I was checking Sydney/Melb flight costs incl the wife and our youngest who is adult fares, forget it near on $3k.
So I wish but nothing like Fox watching as much as possible incl the Supercars.

Jenson, all thats come out of late is just that re Schumi,

FORMULA One legend Michael Schumacher spent Christmas, New Year and his 50th birthday at his family’s villa on Majorca, it has emerged.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well no matter if the Renault delivers or not Dan won't be crying broke !

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one/australian-f1-superstar-daniel-ricciardo-is-reportedly-making-almost-triple-what-he-did-with-red-bull/news-story/4274dd6a9317168b8421a963fe1af9e9

Love Football

aok
aok
Pro

Well done Dan!

Getting super pumped for Race 1 - would be nice to see the Red Bulls blow up in Quali
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

haha, and even a Verstappen meltdown will do me.......
I'm feeling this year is gonna be a little different - hope I'm right.
Hoping one of my favs Kimi gets a car from Alfa doing ok all season.
Really hoping Ferrari dont screw up this season and really give it to MB.

Love Football

aok
aok
Pro

Kimi's an absolute legend.

One of a million things Kimi's done that you have to love.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

haha...epic that was.......
One of the lasting true characters pro sport needs and will miss greatly one day.
I'm Ferrari through and through but if there's one driver I love on the podium its him, his one liners, that look sometimes, the Iceman, he's the classic human and puts the wankas to shame.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

haha...epic that was.......
One of the lasting true characters pro sport needs and will miss greatly one day.
I'm Ferrari through and through but if there's one driver I love on the podium its him, his one liners, that look sometimes, the Iceman, he's the classic human and puts the wankas to shame.

Love Football

aok
aok
Pro

How do you think Leclerc will shape up against Vettel?
aok
aok
Pro

Charlie Whiting died this morning in Melbourne.

RIP Charlie

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/21944

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

aok - 13 Mar 2019 5:13 PM
How do you think Leclerc will shape up against Vettel?

I really hope once he finally settles after a few races he really puts some pressure on.
He's looking promising and look forward how this pans out, like Kimi we also need him to take points from MB and whoever else.

Yes RIP CW and condolense's to the family.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Love Football

aok
aok
Pro

It looks like it's going to be a fight between the usual suspects.

Leclerc on the pace straight away
Bottas driving with the usual anchor
Kimi very quick 
Danny Ric seems to be having a nap behind the wheel
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Quali will tell us where everyone is at soon enough tomorrow.
I wouldn't take much from todays mucking around.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

So normal stations atm up top.
MB same time diff to Ferrari as last year.
Leclerc is doing well.
Kimi couldn't get more out of the Alfa.
Dan just out of top 10.

Love Football

aok
aok
Pro

Bit of a disaster for Ric.

The Ferrari paint job is secy as.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Bottas perfectly in the zone, his team mate couldn't get near him.
Ferrari's always look hot but way tooo slow, I hope they figure it out and find more pace they need it !
Dan can't believe on the main straight the grass there is like 4WD stuff, how couldn't organisers noticed that during set up and have recitfied, thats a joke.
Hope he gets some luck he needs it, Hulk done well int he Reno so there is hope Dan will do ok.
Kimi great driving for his new team.
I wasn't impressed Ferrari holding back Leclerc on pettel, I know lead drivers are the primary for points but come on first race let the kid go seeing he was faster and possibly could have picked up the next car.
Toro's Haas's doing ok as well.
They all have improved but for Williams.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

What a crazy race!! Loved it!!

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search