Top 50 Australian Youth Detailed and Ranked (with pictures)

Top 50 Australian Youth Detailed and Ranked (with pictures)

Author
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Barca4Life - 25 Nov 2018 1:20 AM
robbos - 24 Nov 2018 10:06 PM

And Lachlan Wales too, the kid was impressive with his skills.

Yes I agree Wales was very impressive. We really need some of these youngsters to go another level like Azani.

Does anyone know what is happening with Panos Armenakas?

WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

robbos - 24 Nov 2018 10:06 PM

And Lachlan Wales too, the kid was impressive with his skills.

Yep, very impressed with Otoole and Wales last night, exciting to watch. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by WSF
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Great research!
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Been hearing good things about Connor O'Toole but it appears last night wasn't good. 
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Lots of talk of Ramy Najjarine being as good as Azani. Anyone know a little more about him & seen him play?Is he that good?

Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

personally, I don't think he's as good as Arzani atm, but I think with enough game-time he could begin to shine as did Arzani.

I'm a bit unsure whether he has enough pace to be a winger? 
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Based on the previous generation, ie. the generation of Bruce Djite, Nathan Burns, Tom Rogic, Robbie Kruse, I doubt many of them will amount to anything.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Ds98 - 20 Dec 2018 6:38 PM
personally, I don't think he's as good as Arzani atm, but I think with enough game-time he could begin to shine as did Arzani.

I'm a bit unsure whether he has enough pace to be a winger? 

Luke Brattan said an interesting comment when he said he was more a 2-way player where he offers more in 1 aspect rather than the razzling Arzani where he shines only on 1v1 aspects.

From what ive seen from Najjarine he certainly can score a goal or two based on what ive seen from him in the youth teams, the only problem is hes quite lightweight and seems shyer unlike the more confident Arzani.

But both share similarities and hope can futfill something useful for the national team in the future.

It would be nice to develop more wingers and all-around attackers like Arzani, Najjarine and Folami as these type of players can break a game open with one move, the more the merrier! 
Edited
6 Years Ago by Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

robbos - 25 Nov 2018 7:11 AM

Yes I agree Wales was very impressive. We really need some of these youngsters to go another level like Azani.

Does anyone know what is happening with Panos Armenakas?

Hes another skilled attacker like the ones of ive mentioned below like Arzani, Najjarine, Folami, speed, skill and x-factor to burn.

Would not mind seeing him in the a-league now to be honest to springboard hes career like with Ikonomidis has done right now.
robbos
robbos
Pro

Barca4Life - 20 Dec 2018 8:35 PM
Ds98 - 20 Dec 2018 6:38 PM

Luke Brattan said an interesting comment when he said he was more a 2-way player where he offers more in 1 aspect rather than the razzling Arzani where he shines only on 1v1 aspects.

From what ive seen from Najjarine he certainly can score a goal or two based on what ive seen from him in the youth teams, the only problem is hes quite lightweight and seems shyer unlike the more confident Arzani.

But both share similarities and hope can futfill something useful for the national team in the future.

It would be nice to develop more wingers and all-around attackers like Arzani, Najjarine and Folami as these type of players can break a game open with one move, the more the merrier! 

Thanks Barca4life

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

I remember many people recognising Sainsbury as future Socceroo quite early in his career. Which here do you think have a genuine chance? 
JayEss
JayEss
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Whats up with Najjarine? Joyce spoke him up, hasnt really given him a look in.

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

@johnszasz

Ryan Strain- whenever he plays he’s nearly always one of the best five performers for his side. I can only remember him playing one bad game.
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

JayEss - 22 Jan 2019 9:25 PM
Whats up with Najjarine? Joyce spoke him up, hasnt really given him a look in.

Hasn't performed well enough I feel in the opportunities he's been given. Fair Enough, get Najjar or another guy in and see how they go.

He just lacks something... i just can't put a finger on it but i haven't been totally impressed by him in his cameos against tired defences.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

sub007 - 22 Jan 2019 9:32 PM
@johnszaszRyan Strain- whenever he plays he’s nearly always one of the best five performers for his side. I can only remember him playing one bad game.

Strain and Atkinson will hopefully get into the national team squad soon. Risdon and Grant need the competition. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Neanderthal - 5 Aug 2018 4:58 PM

This is my most ambitious post ever. My Principia. My Origin of Species. My Mona Lisa.

I started keeping tabs of young potential future Socceroos in the notes of my phone. Then added images to be able to picture them better when reading The Aussies Abroad thread or A-League results. It became too good a resource not to screenshot and share.

Below, Australia's top 51 youth born in 1997 or younger (So max age 21).
Let me know if I missed anyone obvious.

Rankings based on:

- Achievement (So naturally favours older players and players getting game time)
- Hype (here and in the media)
- Managers/pundits assessments
- My own bias/reading of the stats

Goalkeepers:
Only one name in this age group thrown around at this stage.

Defence:
Looking strong in the fullback spots. We’re living in Australia's Leftback golden generation.
Centre back is looking thin, but it is a late bloomers position.

Central Midfield:
Some tough competition coming through for our senior National teams already strong midfield.

Attacking Midfield/Wingers:
An endless supply of high potential technically skilled attacking midfielders coming through. Much needed in our senior national team.
Rank 2-9 were hard to split as they’re all equally full of hype and potential.

Strikers:
This section felt like scraping the bottom of the barrel from the start. Just like the previous generation, we have a lack of strikers getting game time or scoring goals.
Few of these players have done anything aside from threatening to break out. But all we need is one or two.

Quoting to have this visible on current page so users don't have to click back and forth
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Great to see so many on this list make the Olyroos squad and be seen getting minutes this season.

Amazing how someone like Souttar has come around nicely. Glad we got him from Scotland and evidently missed this original list. Scored for Fleetwood on the weekend too.

Atkinson and Gersbach are fantastic. O'Neill, McGree and Pasquali are so exciting. 

Some other notes. Dylan Fox has had a mixed year in Holland. 12 games at lower levels. Still only 18. Hopefully not another Harry Ashcroft. https://www.transfermarkt.com/dylan-ryan/profil/spieler/480022

Theoharous has had little game time this season but is hopefully getting educated at Gladbach. This is a prime example of where expansion will benefit our younger players and hopefully excite fans too. A local, energetic product.

Josh Laws, 8 starts at Dusseldorf U23 then not in squad since late last year. No info but has to be injured. Contract ending in June.

Young Cam McGlip, another Scottish Australian sealed a deadline day move from Birmingham U23 to  Swindown Town. He hasn't featured yet.

Anthony Kalik has had a number of starts in 23 appearances but no scorer points.

Quite a number have been injured in Arzani, Folami and Popovic.

Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Didn’t Laws blow out a knee?
kaufusi
kaufusi
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

johnszasz - 2 Apr 2019 9:20 PM
Neanderthal - 5 Aug 2018 4:58 PM

Quoting to have this visible on current page so users don't have to click back and forth

So, um where's the actual list...?
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

kaufusi - 3 Apr 2019 11:08 AM
johnszasz - 2 Apr 2019 9:20 PM

So, um where's the actual list...?

gotta be on a computer to view
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

So many of these kids haven't been developed enough which is a travesty.
kaufusi
kaufusi
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Ds98 - 3 Apr 2019 12:28 PM
kaufusi - 3 Apr 2019 11:08 AM

gotta be on a computer to view

I am on a computer. It's just a list of how the rankings were determined and a summary by position...

Is it embedded using some fancy plugin?
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Barca4Life - 3 Apr 2019 2:06 PM
So many of these kids haven't been developed enough which is a travesty.

Welcome to youth developed. Most wonderkids dont become superstars

ARNIE= LEGEND

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

kaufusi - 3 Apr 2019 3:50 PM
Ds98 - 3 Apr 2019 12:28 PM

I am on a computer. It's just a list of how the rankings were determined and a summary by position...

Is it embedded using some fancy plugin?

Hmm. I can view all images on phone and computer. Scroll up a bit. Can you see it? 
Volkira
Volkira
Hacker
Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)

Millislav Popovic was in Braunschweig II in season 17/18.
Currently in season 18/19 he is playing for SV Lafnitz in the Austrian 2.liga.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Volkira
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Volkira - 3 Apr 2019 7:36 PM
Millislav Popovic was in Braunschweig II in season 17/18.
Currently in season 18/19 he is playing for SV Lafnitz in the Austrian 2.liga.

Yeah unfortunate he didn't get a chance with the first team in the 3rd division after very good goal to game ratio in the 4th tier. He's done his knee now and is out for a while. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

RedKat - 3 Apr 2019 4:12 PM
Barca4Life - 3 Apr 2019 2:06 PM

Welcome to youth developed. Most wonderkids dont become superstars

It's not about them able they turn into superstars is whether they are able to become professional players and eventually help our national team.
kaufusi
kaufusi
Pro

johnszasz - 3 Apr 2019 5:46 PM
kaufusi - 3 Apr 2019 3:50 PM

Hmm. I can view all images on phone and computer. Scroll up a bit. Can you see it? 

There's only 9 paragraphs of text, a few introductory paragraphs, one on the rankings, and another few on the different positions. That's it apart from a link to the first page of the Aussies Abroad thread.
I'd paste a screenshot but you can't do that on here. 

Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Need to add Dylan Wenzel Hall to the stikers list. He would almost go to the top based on current form IMO.
lolitsbigmic
lolitsbigmic
World Class
World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)

Bocca - 4 Apr 2019 12:29 PM
Need to add Dylan Wenzel Hall to the stikers list. He would almost go to the top based on current form IMO.

Was going to say the same thing. He 21 and scores for fun. Showing way more than aggers.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search