You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
scubaroo - 4 Jun 2019 3:51 PM
Munrubenmuz - 4 Jun 2019 2:37 PM

I remember my sister wouldnt do any public speaking at school so she was allowed to do it one on one... she finished high school in the early 90s, i finished in 2002 and there were students who did the same thing. So its hardly new. 

I was always anxious with public speaking so i made sure i went first,  nothing to compare it with so i can't get even more stressed AND it's over and done with. 

Fair enough but more people are more scared of public speaking than dying.  Which is completely illogical but true.

I don't like it and most people are in the same boat.

My point is that if you are afraid of something hiding away in a little box does nothing to help you overcome that fear.

If you have a deadly fear of snakes to overcome that they will do a step by step process to help you condition and moderate your fears.  First they'll show you a snake, then they'll let you hold a picture of a snake, then they'll show you a box with a snake in it, then they'll put the box near you and then on your lap and then you might touch it and then, maybe you might hold it in your hands.  You might be still afraid of snakes but your brain has rewired itself in incremental steps to moderate your response.

In other words allowing these kids an out every time they have a fear of anything creates a bunch of infantilised adults with undeveloped brains, no resilience and an aversion to risk and new experiences that will panic at the first episode of stress.

No wonder everyone is depressed and suffering from anxiety.

Member since 2008.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Update. Since my boss gave causal a full time position  he suggested I look for a new job. Looks like the casuals plan worked and made me look like the fool. 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Well said Muz.

As for anxiety, I would say it’s a normal and natural response to things. It’s a survival mechanism. We just need to learn how to manage it in this day and age.
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 4 Jun 2019 6:06 PM
scubaroo - 4 Jun 2019 3:51 PM

Fair enough but more people are more scared of public speaking than dying.  Which is completely illogical but true.

I don't like it and most people are in the same boat.

My point is that if you are afraid of something hiding away in a little box does nothing to help you overcome that fear.

If you have a deadly fear of snakes to overcome that they will do a step by step process to help you condition and moderate your fears.  First they'll show you a snake, then they'll let you hold a picture of a snake, then they'll show you a box with a snake in it, then they'll put the box near you and then on your lap and then you might touch it and then, maybe you might hold it in your hands.  You might be still afraid of snakes but your brain has rewired itself in incremental steps to moderate your response.

In other words allowing these kids an out every time they have a fear of anything creates a bunch of infantilised adults with undeveloped brains, no resilience and an aversion to risk and new experiences that will panic at the first episode of stress.

No wonder everyone is depressed and suffering from anxiety.

😲 I am stunned by your words. For once I totally agree with everything you've said in bold 😂
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 4 Jun 2019 7:27 PM
Update. Since my boss gave causal a full time position  he suggested I look for a new job. Looks like the casuals plan worked and made me look like the fool. 

That's why I suggested earlier you should start looking for a new job. There's no point working in a place where you hate your colleagues and don't get along with them. 
This negative could turn into a huge positive if only you see it this way, and start to look elsewhere, otherwise by sticking around you'll constantly be struggling to motivate yourself to get up in the morning and eventually you'll get the sack. 
So while you're there start looking elsewhere, even if it's a job that pays slightly less.
Podiacide
Podiacide
Rising Star
Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)

robstazzz - 4 Jun 2019 7:41 PM

That's why I suggested earlier you should start looking for a new job. There's no point working in a place where you hate your colleagues and don't get along with them. 
This negative could turn into a huge positive if only you see it this way, and start to look elsewhere, otherwise by sticking around you'll constantly be struggling to motivate yourself to get up in the morning and eventually you'll get the sack. 
So while you're there start looking elsewhere, even if it's a job that pays slightly less.

I totally agree with what you say Rob but as someone sitting here at a desk of a job I hate so much, its not that easy to just quit your job. Being unemployed (and very stressed about money) is even a worse feeling. I'm looking as hard as I can for another job but I'd be crazy to quit before finding somewhere else to go first.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

robstazzz - 4 Jun 2019 7:36 PM
Munrubenmuz - 4 Jun 2019 6:06 PM

😲 I am stunned by your words. For once I totally agree with everything you've said in bold 😂

Head over to the multi thread.  I called you a good bloke over there.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

May be a blessing in disguise mate.

Don't be too down about it.  I work with a bunch of people.  Some of them are huge flogs.  No doubt some of them think I'm a giant flog so you're not the lone ranger.

Member since 2008.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 5 Jun 2019 10:44 AM

lol, got to say I agree that was a good post and I agree as well But we also would have people that wouldn't agree.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Oh I am taking it as a postive. As today a lot of people noticed the guy is loud obnoxious and quiet pushy . He neay fucked our edge banding machine because  he was going to quick for it. I'm thinking to myself they will find out the hard way how much of a drain  he is
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

Podiacide - 5 Jun 2019 10:16 AM
robstazzz - 4 Jun 2019 7:41 PM

I totally agree with what you say Rob but as someone sitting here at a desk of a job I hate so much, its not that easy to just quit your job. Being unemployed (and very stressed about money) is even a worse feeling. I'm looking as hard as I can for another job but I'd be crazy to quit before finding somewhere else to go first.

I agree with you I'm not telling him to quit. I mean start looking for another job even if financially it pays less and make a fresh start. 
The only time I would encourage quitting without finding anything is when you can afford to which many people can't. 
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

That's two in a row 😂 I'm starting to get worried now 😦
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

LFC. - 5 Jun 2019 10:51 AM

lol, got to say I agree that was a good post and I agree as well But we also would have people that wouldn't agree.

It'd be a boring world if we all agreed 😂
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Muz and Rob must be multis.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

robstazzz - 5 Jun 2019 8:24 PM
LFC. - 5 Jun 2019 10:51 AM

It'd be a boring world if we all agreed 😂

I disagree with you & feel this entire thread should be deleted as differing opinions terrify me.    :w00t:
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

Burztur - 6 Jun 2019 10:28 AM

Muz and Rob must be multis.

😂 I don't have that much time on my hands, I still can't understand why anyone would bother being a multi. 
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

ErogenousZone - 6 Jun 2019 10:32 AM
robstazzz - 5 Jun 2019 8:24 PM

I disagree with you & feel this entire thread should be deleted as differing opinions terrify me.    :w00t:

It's a dangerous world out there 😂
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

at least some obvious humor has come back :)
Sometimes I can't read between the lines how some are coming across.
I like the KISS principle lol.......

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Wgmg: due to my stress I find myself falling asleep or feeling tired all the time. Had to get a blood test. Might have an under active thyroid . ..
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 15 Jun 2019 3:43 PM
Wgmg: due to my stress I find myself falling asleep or feeling tired all the time. Had to get a blood test. Might have an under active thyroid . ..

Go get yourself some Middle Eastern Coffee!

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

mouflonrouge - 15 Jun 2019 7:36 PM

Go get yourself some Middle Eastern Coffee!

Try Bosnian coffee. Never again. My deceased fil laughed  his ass off when I did
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 15 Jun 2019 8:08 PM
mouflonrouge - 15 Jun 2019 7:36 PM

Try Bosnian coffee. Never again. My deceased fil laughed  his ass off when I did

Never again? It might put some hair on your chest.

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Sorry to hear that, get well soon mate.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Geeez i have an underactive thyroid (yes i am falling apart) i understand the being tired from stress but never falling asleep from it,  completely the opposite.

Definitely get a thyroid check up though, funnily enough my neurologist told me to get it checked because i was joking about my hair falling out. 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

NicCarBel - 22 May 2019 9:45 PM
LFC. - 20 May 2019 1:00 PM

I could go on a very, very long WGMG about our suspect, but I really can't be bothered right now, maybe tomorrow.
I mean, thank f*** she quit, but that's possibly gonna make investigating the theft a bit harder. But the way she quit makes her even more dodgy.

Update: the person I arranged to open the store on saturdays while the regular is away for 2 weeks got to work half an hour early yesterday morning, and busted said suspect in the store with her own cut key trying to steal stock.
Was a good reason to get woken up early for a change
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

sub007 - 15 Jun 2019 10:00 PM

Sorry to hear that, get well soon mate.

Thanks b . Been feeling down for the past month and since it was my dad's anniversary  on Friday i was a mess . Boss told all my co workers to leave me be and not put me under more stress as he knew about it  . Even the causal bit his tongue .  Hopefully the job I done a video interview  for comes thru. A fresh start is what I need 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

scubaroo - 15 Jun 2019 11:58 PM

Geeez i have an underactive thyroid (yes i am falling apart) i understand the being tired from stress but never falling asleep from it,  completely the opposite.

Definitely get a thyroid check up though, funnily enough my neurologist told me to get it checked because i was joking about my hair falling out. 

I've had Hashimoto for a year and the constant tweaking of the dosis to find the right level is annoying. At least each blood test reveals my TSH still isn't optimal and gives the answer to my fatigue. I once hit the level a bit too high and that explained a lot of the jitters.

The doctors have been decent but the complexity of the factors that affect the levels is too much. One good piece of advice my Doc gave was 'the main thing is you feel well instead of focusing on the numbers all the time and it's not always thyroid that's making you feel unwell.'
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Reverse culture shock. Been back in Oz a week and things seem odd this time. I guess there's change amongst family and society is a bit different. I thought I'd gotten over this after 2 successful visits in a row.

The jet lag is still lingering. Perhaps I'll be more settled in a week. Have you ever had reserve culture shock when returning back to Australia or your hometown? 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

johnszasz - 16 Jun 2019 6:47 PM
Reverse culture shock. Been back in Oz a week and things seem odd this time. I guess there's change amongst family and society is a bit different. I thought I'd gotten over this after 2 successful visits in a row.

The jet lag is still lingering. Perhaps I'll be more settled in a week. Have you ever had reserve culture shock when returning back to Australia or your hometown? 

Yeah after returning home after 5 months in S.E Asia. The first and biggest freak out moment was getting some of our money again after handling paper money for so long, that really weirded me out. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

johnszasz - 16 Jun 2019 12:03 PM
scubaroo - 15 Jun 2019 11:58 PM

I've had Hashimoto for a year and the constant tweaking of the dosis to find the right level is annoying. At least each blood test reveals my TSH still isn't optimal and gives the answer to my fatigue. I once hit the level a bit too high and that explained a lot of the jitters.

The doctors have been decent but the complexity of the factors that affect the levels is too much. One good piece of advice my Doc gave was 'the main thing is you feel well instead of focusing on the numbers all the time and it's not always thyroid that's making you feel unwell.'

Ive never had a feeling of being unwell or tired (i do have trouble waking up but not sure if that's a symptom or just that i hate mornings) or any of that stuff, i never went to the doctors saying i felt unwell it was just mentioned to my neuro specialists that i always seemed to have hair all through the bathroom and it was clearly mine,  it was just a funny comment in a passing conversation, so she thought let's get it tested.

i also am a good 30kgs overweight but that coincided with quitting football (i had an incredibly bad diet from childhood through til about 25, its now much better but pretty poor by most people's standards)

I can't really compare a feeling of unwellness or if i should feel any different after going onto meds because i never noticed a change.

My mum has the same and i remember when she was diagnosed she could barely stay awake, she was so exhausted all of the time and i took ages to get the doses right. I guess im pretty lucky in that sense. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search