Australia vs England Semi-Final

Australia vs England Semi-Final

Author
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Langer has said Handscomb will play. Stoinis passed fit. Some suggestion Wade might replace Maxwell too which I think would be a weird selection- to beat England we need Maxwell and Wade in the middle order. Maxwell has provided much more as an allround package than Stoinis this tournament. 

What I expect: Warner Finch Smith Handscomb Wade/Maxwell Stoinis Carey Cummins Starc Lyon Behrendroff
What Id strongly consider: Warner Finch Smith Handscomb Maxwell Wade Carey Cummins Starc Lyon Behrendroff or Warner Finch Smith Carey Maxwell Wade Stoinis Cummins Starc Lyon Behrendroff

ARNIE= LEGEND

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

No matter who is finally IN, just do it fellas !
Look forward to this game.

Love Football

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
RedKat - 10 Jul 2019 10:59 AM
Langer has said Handscomb will play. Stoinis passed fit. Some suggestion Wade might replace Maxwell too which I think would be a weird selection- to beat England we need Maxwell and Wade in the middle order. Maxwell has provided much more as an allround package than Stoinis this tournament. 

What I expect: Warner Finch Smith Handscomb Wade/Maxwell Stoinis Carey Cummins Starc Lyon Behrendroff
What Id strongly consider: Warner Finch Smith Handscomb Maxwell Wade Carey Cummins Starc Lyon Behrendroff or Warner Finch Smith Carey Maxwell Wade Stoinis Cummins Starc Lyon Behrendroff

Does Handscomb deserve a place based on performances? 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

rumour is maxwell dropped for wade which leaves us with 10 overs from stoinis (who has been the weaker batter of the 2)
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Handscomb did very well in the India and Pakistan series before the World Cup and only got dropped for Smith. 

If were going five bowlers it has to be Maxwell over Stoinis. Hoping it’s some mind games but otherwise it’ll be yet again poor management of Maxwell 

ARNIE= LEGEND

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

yeah maxwell hasn't been in great form but he has been the better of stoinis/maxwell

Mind you having either bowler bowl for 10 overs is a little frightening to me
RedKat
RedKat
Pro

Maxwell's been hitting it really well and evidently been given the role of accelerating at a sprint. Hes striking around 200 so hes done that job and been very tidy with the ball. He may not have taken wickets but overall hes contributed more as an allround package than Stoinis and dropping him would be the wrong decision I think

ARNIE= LEGEND

jaszyjim
jaszyjim
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)

RedKat - 11 Jul 2019 9:14 AM
Maxwell's been hitting it really well and evidently been given the role of accelerating at a sprint. Hes striking around 200 so hes done that job and been very tidy with the ball. He may not have taken wickets but overall hes contributed more as an allround package than Stoinis and dropping him would be the wrong decision I think

Gday RK,
jaszyjim - I cannot believe how many of you are staying with Maxwell & talking about
how he will accelerate the batting in the middle order.
Yes he averages 200 but in the last 4 matches barley faces 10 odd balls.
He has been an absolute disaster in the middle order batting.
Bowling OK & fielding excellent.
Agree though he is a better choice than Stoinis.
No mention of M. Marsh, so I assume he is not being considered. 
MikeR
MikeR
Hacker
Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)

Australia need to go with the same team they have. Warner, Finch, Khawaja, Smith, Maxwell, Stoinis, Carey, Cummins, Starc, Behrendorff and Lyons.

Australia made the right choice 5 games ago by bringing in Behrendorff to open with Starc, as we now have 2 of our top 3 bowlers in all forms of the game in the side and unfortunately the selectors didn't choose Pattinson so he can't play. Last time Australia played England Starc and Behrendorff took 9/87, they were no hope and if the batsmen can't match that then they deserve to lose. Our 4th best bowler in Cummins needs to step up and justify his mouth about how cricketers deserve longer contracts by proving he is worthy of such faith. He has done nothing in this series at least NCN made a significant contribution with the bat to allow us to be playing SF, but he has been dropped.

I doubt Wade nor Handscomb bring much extra with regards to Khawaja but Wade for Smith maybe? They have the winning formula with a slight hiccup against SA but that was only because Finch, Khawaja, and Smith failed so badly so they need to knuckle down for the early part and play sensibly then let Maxwell Stoinis and Carey explode towards the end. I do believe that we now have the bowling attack to win (if only Pattinson was playing), not only this but the upcoming Ashes series.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro

Mitch Marsh cant be considered because Stoinis was ruled fit. Similarly Khawaja has been ruled out so cant be picked. Handscomb has been confirmed as a replacement and will probably bat 4. 

Insane to suggest dropping Smith. If he wasnt at the other end, NCN wouldnt have made the knock. Smith is a big game player whos big knock last semi got us into the final.

Maxwell's a momentum changer. His 46* off 22 and 32 off 10 were major knocks were big accelerators at the end. You want him there in overs 40-50. Also hes a tidy bowler and one of the best fielders in the world. He balances the team out way too much to drop. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

jaszyjim - 11 Jul 2019 12:25 PM
RedKat - 11 Jul 2019 9:14 AM

Gday RK,
jaszyjim - I cannot believe how many of you are staying with Maxwell & talking about
how he will accelerate the batting in the middle order.
Yes he averages 200 but in the last 4 matches barley faces 10 odd balls.
He has been an absolute disaster in the middle order batting.
Bowling OK & fielding excellent.
Agree though he is a better choice than Stoinis.
No mention of M. Marsh, so I assume he is not being considered. 

marsh can't be considered under icc rules unless stoinis is injured but he recovered
Marsh is an upgrade on Stoinis. But lets hope faith in stoinis will pay off
TokyoPom
TokyoPom
Fan
Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)

RedKat - 11 Jul 2019 8:05 AM
Handscomb did very well in the India and Pakistan series before the World Cup and only got dropped for Smith. 

If were going five bowlers it has to be Maxwell over Stoinis. Hoping it’s some mind games but otherwise it’ll be yet again poor management of Maxwell 

Handscomb comes in as Aussies bat first. Play.
jaszyjim
jaszyjim
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)

grazorblade - 11 Jul 2019 3:05 PM
jaszyjim - 11 Jul 2019 12:25 PM

marsh can't be considered under icc rules unless stoinis is injured but he recovered
Marsh is an upgrade on Stoinis. But lets hope faith in stoinis will pay off

Gday all,
jaszyjim - been busy and have only just started watching the match & seen the team.
We are 1 wicket down with Finch not moving his feet again - that aside with the team
the selectors have gone for we have lost.
This team will not beat England.
I hope I am proved wrong, but have totally lost faith in the selectors

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

jaszyjim - 11 Jul 2019 7:43 PM
grazorblade - 11 Jul 2019 3:05 PM

Gday all,
jaszyjim - been busy and have only just started watching the match & seen the team.
We are 1 wicket down with Finch not moving his feet again - that aside with the team
the selectors have gone for we have lost.
This team will not beat England.
I hope I am proved wrong, but have totally lost faith in the selectors

Unfortunately, two down, JJ! 

We are 2-13 with both openers out for very little. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Archer and Woakes are bowling well. 
RedKat
RedKat
Pro

Three down 

ARNIE= LEGEND

jaszyjim
jaszyjim
Hardcore Fan

Decentric - 11 Jul 2019 7:56 PM
Archer and Woakes are bowling well. 

Gday Dc,
jaszyjim - lost Warner whilst I was posting & Hanscombe now gone.
What I can't understand, is who in their right mind would put Hanscombe in this team at 4
or any position & Smith @ 3 - Wade would have been a far better option as many stated previous
This has to be the most ludicrous team we have ever fielded in any international ODI.
How do we win - Smith 200 & Maxwell a 100 - just don't hold your breath
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

jaszyjim - 11 Jul 2019 8:05 PM
Decentric - 11 Jul 2019 7:56 PM

What I can't understand, is who in their right mind would put Hanscombe in this team at 4
or any position & Smith @ 3 - Wade would have been a far better option as many stated previous
This has to be the most ludicrous team we have ever fielded in any international ODI.

Good day, JJ. 

It seems all but you, me and Andrew Symonds think Handscomb should not have been selected! 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Decentric - 11 Jul 2019 8:22 PM
jaszyjim - 11 Jul 2019 8:05 PM

Good day, JJ. 

It seems all but you, me and Andrew Symonds think Handscomb should not have been selected! 

Meant selected! 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

RedKat - 11 Jul 2019 8:00 PM
Three down 

Can we win from here? 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Apparently, we have the second worst figures for batters 3-6 in the WC! 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Nice 4 from a Smith pull, but experts have confirmed what I predicted. 

He isn’t as good as he was. 
TokyoPom
TokyoPom
Fan
Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)

Decentric - 11 Jul 2019 8:24 PM
RedKat - 11 Jul 2019 8:00 PM

Can we win from here? 

Yes. Depends on Smiffy & Starc though

I thought WE were the doom & gloom merchants :-)
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Good straight drive for 4 from Smith! 

3-53 from 25 overs. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

TokyoPom - 11 Jul 2019 8:46 PM
Decentric - 11 Jul 2019 8:24 PM

Yes. Depends on Smiffy & Starc though

I thought WE were the doom & gloom merchants :-)

I’m a realist! 

Two of the top scorers in the WC back in the pavilion, plus
our third best performing batter injured! 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Smith is looking better than he has. 

Another nice cut for 4.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Another nice hook for 4 from Smith. 
RedKat
RedKat
Pro

Wrong shot from Carey there just as we were getting things back on track 

ARNIE= LEGEND

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

hopefully this means something in the pitch

Carey gone a bit early. We needed these two to last another 8 or so overs
Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Carey has gone. 

Caught in the deep of leggy  Rashid in the 40s. 

4-117 in the 27th isn’t too good. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search