Ashes First Test

Ashes First Test

Author
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Dear oh dear. Joel Wilson is copping it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Wilson_(umpire)

"Joel used to have limited access to opticians when he was younger and is the first ever legally blind person to be appointed by the ICC..."
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Roy goes down the pitch to GOAT and is beaten with flight and bowled! 

I can’t believe England are 2-70? 

Aus have seemed right on top. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Paine has mishandled a few balls. 

Having a bad day. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I just can’t get over how well Siddle is bowling. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Paddles - 5 Aug 2019 7:56 PM
baggygreenmania - 5 Aug 2019 7:46 PM

You can watch each day's highlights here.

https://www.9now.com.au/the-ashes-test-cricket

You need to log into 9 watch now, on your browser. 

You can select the highlights for anyday.

Thanks Paddles. Do Nein tell their viewers about this service. Not heard anything.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Yet another review as Denly given out off Lyon caught Bancroft at silly mid on. 

3-80. 

Honestly, the score flatters England. They’ve had many reviews go their way that we’re close but NO. 

They’ve swept Lyon a bit, but GOAT looks like taking a wicket every ball. 

Moreover, Siddle is bowling a very accurate line and perfect length. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Decentric - 5 Aug 2019 9:23 PM
Roy goes down the pitch to GOAT and is beaten with flight and bowled! 

I can’t believe England are 2-70? 

Aus have seemed right on top. 

I cant believe Roy played that shot. Misjudged completely. Not within cooee of the pitch of the ball.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 5 Aug 2019 9:40 PM

I cant believe Roy played that shot. Misjudged completely. Not within cooee of the pitch of the ball.

Good spell by Siddle. One small criticism. He bowls same line ball after ball.. wide of the crease angling in.  Like to see him mixing his line.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 5 Aug 2019 9:43 PM

Good spell by Siddle. One small criticism. He bowls same line ball after ball.. wide of the crease angling in.  Like to see him mixing his line.

Not going that far DC. Can he bowl us to victory or will the quicks do it. Best Cummins has bowled in the match. Pattinson a bit too leg side.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Lyon dismisses Root caught at short leg by Bancroft. 

England in big trouble. 

Lyon has 6 for the game I think. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 5 Aug 2019 9:46 PM

Not going that far DC. Can he bowl us to victory or will the quicks do it. Best Cummins has bowled in the match. Pattinson a bit too leg side.

Another GOAT victim. Poor execution by Root. Where is the footwork? 
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

3 wickets already to GOAT, Baggers! 

He is all over them ATM. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 5 Aug 2019 9:54 PM

Another GOAT victim. Poor execution by Root. Where is the footwork. 

The pressure from GOAT’s bowling is forcing mistakes. 

Circa 350 Test wickets for GOAT. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

ATM with Cummins, Siddle and Patto all firing in support of GOAT, this is the best collective attack we have had for a while. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 5 Aug 2019 10:01 PM
ATM with Cummins, Siddle and Patto all firing in support of GOAT, this is the best collective attack we have had for a while. 

Siddle has a good record bowling in England. Reason he got the nod here.  In Aussies conditions there are better.
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Awful decision by Roy.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Paddles - 5 Aug 2019 9:19 PM
Dear oh dear. Joel Wilson is copping it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Wilson_(umpire)

"Joel used to have limited access to opticians when he was younger and is the first ever legally blind person to be appointed by the ICC..."

I can believe that. Why the heck is he an umpire then. There has been more howlers from him than a pack of wolves.
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 5 Aug 2019 9:56 PM

3 wickets already to GOAT, Baggers! 

He is all over them ATM. 

Watching DC. I did say if GOAT bowls us to victory I will never bag him again. Who will I bag now?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

English focus has been winning the World Cup.

White ball and red ball cricket are quite different.

In WC, Finch and Warner starred.

So did Starc.

Cummins was mediocre in WC.

Ditto Smith.

No Siddle.

England

Roy was good at WC - struggling in Tests.

Morgan - WC star and captain, not even selected for Edgbaston.

No Anderson and Broad in WC, good bowlers in this Test.

Tests 

Starc not good enough for Test selection.

Finch not selected. Warner has struggled so far.

Cummins bowling far better in this Test than in WC.

GOAT starring in this Test after not being selected for most WC games.

Wade wasn't selected for WC, but has starred in this Test.

Siddle very effective in this Test - not selected for WC.

Smith better in Tests than WC.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 5 Aug 2019 10:13 PM
Decentric - 5 Aug 2019 9:56 PM

Watching DC. I did say if GOAT bowls us to victory I will never bag him again. Who will I bag now?

Smith and Warner for cheating and bringing the game into disrepute! As captain and VC, as the most senior players they set an appalling example to less experienced players under their leadership.

Paine has made some handling mistakes, despite it being a tough pitch to keep on. Plenty to criticise.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 5 Aug 2019 10:09 PM

I can believe that. Why the heck is he an umpire then. There has been more howlers from him than a pack of wolves.

LOL!

Too funny, Baggers!
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

I’ve missed the party. 

Poms’ only hope is rain. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Radio commentary is much better than 9 without the ads.
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 5 Aug 2019 10:09 PM

Why the heck is he an umpire then. There has been more howlers from him than a pack of wolves.

Ha ha ha! 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

well this is a nice situation to wake up to!

No rain and 4 wickets!
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

cummins straight through him!

Surprised pattinson and Siddle haven't delivered as well as they normally could

I really rate them in English conditions. Worth persisting with the same attack for mine
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

grazorblade - 5 Aug 2019 10:42 PM

No rain and 4 wickets!

Smith and Warner for cheating and bringing the game into disrepute! 

I am over that. They have served their sentence.. was way too harsh. Ball tampering is a minor form of cheating in my view. Smithy showed weakness.. never actually cheated. Taking money to throw games.. now that is major cheating. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

grazorblade - 5 Aug 2019 10:42 PM

No rain and 4 wickets!

Superb bowling by our boys today grazor. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

grazorblade - 5 Aug 2019 10:47 PM
cummins straight through him!

Surprised pattinson and Siddle haven't delivered as well as they normally could

I really rate them in English conditions. Worth persisting with the same attack for mine

Good day, Grazor.

Great bowling Patrick! Even though bowling  many slower balls in the mid 130s.

Siddle has bowled superbly so far in this innings.

Patto did well with the new ball too.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star

From the overs I’ve watched, the Poms should be all out! 

What a Test! 

Poms killed us for three days. Have we ever won at Edgbaston? It looks inevitable today. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search