Daniel Arzani being wasted at Celtic?!

Daniel Arzani being wasted at Celtic?!

Author
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Watching Arzani highlights videos on YouTube it’s hard to NOT be impressed with his skills- both at A-league and Socceroos levels. Yet despite him recently saying that he was ready to play again he has just been dropped from Celtic squad. Wouldn’t he be better off going to another ‘lesser’ club where he would be a STARTING PLAYER in a team more ‘grateful’ and in need of a quality attacking player?!
I think he will be a real force in years to come but SICK of seeing him just sitting in the stands...
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

LOL do your research on the Celtic squad and the fact he isn't even fit yet after his injury. 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

lebo_roo - 6 Aug 2019 11:56 AM
LOL do your research on the Celtic squad and the fact he isn't even fit yet after his injury. 

Yup. Hard to play while injured.
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

But he was named in squad recently against Sarajevo?! Was fit enough few games ago but not now? Doesn’t make sense...
rooboy91
rooboy91
Hacker
Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)

Balin Trev - 6 Aug 2019 12:07 PM

But he was named in squad recently against Sarajevo?! Was fit enough few games ago but not now? Doesn’t make sense...

He got injured again.
James Reid
James Reid
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (175 reputation)Hardcore Fan (175 reputation)Hardcore Fan (175 reputation)Hardcore Fan (175 reputation)Hardcore Fan (175 reputation)Hardcore Fan (175 reputation)Hardcore Fan (175 reputation)Hardcore Fan (175 reputation)Hardcore Fan (175 reputation)Hardcore Fan (175 reputation)Hardcore Fan (175 reputation)

Balin Trev - 6 Aug 2019 11:49 AM
Watching Arzani highlights videos on YouTube it’s hard to NOT be impressed with his skills- both at A-league and Socceroos levels. Yet despite him recently saying that he was ready to play again he has just been dropped from Celtic squad. Wouldn’t he be better off going to another ‘lesser’ club where he would be a STARTING PLAYER in a team more ‘grateful’ and in need of a quality attacking player?!
I think he will be a real force in years to come but SICK of seeing him just sitting in the stands...

Balin, Celtic had to name a squad for the entire Champions League Competition. Arzani and Rogic were named in that Champions League squad, of which the Sarajevo game was part of(as a qualifier). Neither is up to full fitness.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Yes it's clearly worth losing our shit that a club won't waste one of their squad spots for the Champions League qualifying rounds on an injured player that has no chance of being fit until the next registration period.

Viennese Vuck

lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

He was part of the overall squad not the squad to travel to Romania in a crucial qualifier  and play his first minutes in 9 months. That's ridiculous. He will get his chance in the next month domestically once he is upto full fitness. 
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

Should've never joined them in the first place; don't @ me.

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

rooboy91 - 6 Aug 2019 1:05 PM

He got injured again.

Really? Can’t find any info about him getting new injury?! I think coach is full of sh*t...
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Celtic just sold their Scottish left back to spurs for 25 million pounds. 

If he’s got what it takes, he’s at a great club for his career. 
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

tsf - 8 Aug 2019 10:15 AM
Celtic just sold their Scottish left back to spurs for 25 million pounds. 

If he’s got what it takes, he’s at a great club for his career. 

Oh man I didn't realised it was confirmed (it's to Arsenal though). Not even close to what he's worth in today's stupidly inflated market though. 

Viennese Vuck

Edited
5 Years Ago by melbourne_terrace
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

melbourne_terrace - 8 Aug 2019 10:20 AM

Oh man I didn't realised it was confirmed (it's to Arsenal tough). Not even close to what he's worth in today's stupidly inflated market though. 

Yeah I thought it was to spurs because they were keeping tabs on him, but 10 milllion quid was the figure then. 
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

Balin Trev - 8 Aug 2019 10:06 AM
rooboy91 - 6 Aug 2019 1:05 PM

Really? Can’t find any info about him getting new injury?! I think coach is full of sh*t...

Brett Emerton wrote in September 2018 that a Dutch club were interested in Arzani and would have been better choice...
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

should never of gone to celtic i think another season at city would of been good 
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Oh man I didn't realised it was confirmed (it's to Arsenal though). Not even close to what he's worth in today's stupidly inflated market though. 

Yep,  and to make things worse, not qualifying for the CL group stage means the board will more then likely not give any of that money to Lennon for strengthen the squad.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

And this at the OP.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Yeah hasn't been long enough, was good seeing him kicking the ball around. 

I doubt Celtic have a fucking say in it. Man City own him and I doubt they would let him back there before he's 100% 

highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 14 Aug 2019 7:17 PM

Yep,  and to make things worse, not qualifying for the CL group stage means the board will more then likely not give any of that money to Lennon for strengthen the squad.

Tierney deserves that move he's a champion .

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

highkick05 - 14 Aug 2019 7:49 PM
BrisbaneBhoy - 14 Aug 2019 7:17 PM

Tierney deserves that move he's a champion .

Yep. I have nothing against the kid, nor this move (although a bigger fee would have been preferred). He was always going to move on, he is far to good not too.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

b0ydman
b0ydman
Amateur
Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 14 Aug 2019 7:52 PM
highkick05 - 14 Aug 2019 7:49 PM

Yep. I have nothing against the kid, nor this move (although a bigger fee would have been preferred). He was always going to move on, he is far to good not too.

Rogics career is as good as black holed 

What a graveyard of a 7th rate competition
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

b0ydman - 15 Aug 2019 5:10 AM
BrisbaneBhoy - 14 Aug 2019 7:52 PM

Rogics career is as good as black holed 

What a graveyard of a 7th rate competition

*Only counting Celtic's transfers here (there are a few more from the other Scottish teams during the same period that I haven't counted).

In the seven seasons that Rogic has been at Celtic, 12 players have moved on to teams in the "Big 5" leagues + another 5 players to the leagues just below the "Big 5". This says more about Rogic, then that of the quality of the league/competition, as there is plenty of other players making the move to the stronger leagues from this so called "7th rate competition", whereas Rogic hasn't.

Maybe Rogic isn't as good as you all believe/make him out to be?? Maybe he has found his true level (a "7th rate competition" level player)??  Don't get me wrong, I like the lad, and glad he is playing for Celtic.  That said, I also have no issues him moving on (as long as we gets a fair fee for him).

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
5 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 15 Aug 2019 1:20 PM
b0ydman - 15 Aug 2019 5:10 AM

*Only counting Celtic's transfers here (there are a few more from the other Scottish teams during the same period that I haven't counted).

In the seven seasons that Rogic has been at Celtic, 12 players have moved on to teams in the "Big 5" leagues + another 5 players to the leagues just below the "Big 5". This says more about Rogic, then that of the quality of the league/competition, as there is plenty of other players making the move to the stronger leagues from this so called "7th rate competition", whereas Rogic hasn't.

Maybe Rogic isn't as good as you all believe/make him out to be?? Maybe he has found his true level (a "7th rate competition" level player)??  Don't get me wrong, I like the lad, and glad he is playing for Celtic.  That said, I also have no issues him moving on (as long as we gets a fair fee for him).

Is this the same Rogic that gets slagged mercilously on here about being shite whilst playing for the NT ?
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 15 Aug 2019 4:26 PM
BrisbaneBhoy - 15 Aug 2019 1:20 PM

Is this the same Rogic that gets slagged mercilously on here about being shite whilst playing for the NT ?

Well, from half of the forum. The other half cry foul he hasn't been signed from a club from the continent or the EPL yet.

Make no mistake,  when Rogic is fit, he does awesome for us, and for that I am happy and grateful. I am fine if he stays.  Will be interesting to see how he goes when he returns to full fitness. Especially with Christie's form of late. He has a real challenge for the number 10 role on his hands.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

Balin Trev - 6 Aug 2019 11:49 AM

Arzani being wasted for sure. Today he was left out of 37 man Europa League squad again- injury of Rogic didn’t stop Neil Lennon naming Rogic in squad?! Has Lennon even watched his brilliant play at WCup last year?! F*ck Celtic Daniel! Go to another club that will let you PLAY and become the WORLD CLASS WINGER you are meant to be...
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

Arzani not named again today for Europa squad- nothing to do with injury. Rogic named despite his injury... F*ck Neil Lennon 
The_Captain
The_Captain
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)

Balin Trev - 6 Sep 2019 2:29 PM

Arzani not named again today for Europa squad- nothing to do with injury. Rogic named despite his injury... F*ck Neil Lennon 

In fairness to Lennon, the loan was signed off when Rodgers was in charge and even he barely knew of him at the time. 

Also he's coming off an ACL, just because he's young and an Aussie everyone is bleeding about him not getting picked.

The travel factor of the Europa League could also come into play and they don't want him flying around the place with a freshly reconstructed knee.

Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Arzani’s career at the top is effectively over before it began anyway, few player fulfil their potential after doing an ACL at such a young age.
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

Dan_The_Red - 6 Sep 2019 5:20 PM
Arzani’s career at the top is effectively over before it began anyway, few player fulfil their potential after doing an ACL at such a young age.

Zlatan ibrohimavich and Van Nistlerooy both did ACL’s and didn’t stop them kicking arse

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Balin Trev - 6 Sep 2019 2:29 PM

Actually, it has a fair bit to do with his injury. Rogic should be back in contention to play in the next week or two, Arzani still has some time to go.

Arzani also is currently a fair way down in the pecking order for a wing spot (due to him being out injured for so long), which means we don't need to rush him back before he is truly ready to make his return, as we have plenty of other options.  Let the kid recover properly, there is no need to rush things.

When he returns from his injury, if he is good enough to move up the pecking order, he will get minutes. But he does have competition for a place in the match day squad, so it won't come easy.

If he does move up the pecking order, and Celtic are still playing in Europe after Christmas, he may be added to the Europa League registration for the Knockout rounds.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
5 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search