Sunday league football

Sunday league football

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
does anyone have any tips for my team playing on sunday?

we are all getting along off the pitch together but we just can't make it work on the field. 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 27 May 2019 4:42 PM
does anyone have any tips for my team playing on sunday?

we are all getting along off the pitch together but we just can't make it work on the field. 

Carton of beer for anyone who scores in a winning game
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Try these. (From a team I used to play for.)  Should sharpen the lads up.

OFFENCES
1.  FOUL THROWS.
2.  GOAL KICKS OUT ON THE FULL.
3.  KEEPER KICKING THE BALL OUT ON THE FULL.
4.  THROW-INS THAT DON'T GO IN.
5.  MISSED GOALS INSIDE THE 6 YARD BOX.
6.  CORNERS THAT DON'T GO IN.
7.  SHOTS THAT GO OUT FOR THROW-INS.
8.  YELLOW CARDS FOR DISSENT.
9.  LATE FOR GAME WITHOUT NOTIFYING MANAGER.
10.MISSED PENALTIES.
11. OWN GOALS.
12. FORGOTTEN SHIRT, SHORTS, SHIN PADS.

And any other offence and/or humorous incident not listed, real or imagined, as determined by the Fining Committee ™ as fineworthy.

Fines - $5 per offence. (Red cards (double fine) - $10)
Fines capped at a maximum of $10 per player per week.
All funds to go into the kitty for our end of year do.

Member since 2008.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 27 May 2019 9:21 PM
Try these. (From a team I used to play for.)  Should sharpen the lads up.

OFFENCES
1.  FOUL THROWS.
2.  GOAL KICKS OUT ON THE FULL.
3.  KEEPER KICKING THE BALL OUT ON THE FULL.
4.  THROW-INS THAT DON'T GO IN.
5.  MISSED GOALS INSIDE THE 6 YARD BOX.
6.  CORNERS THAT DON'T GO IN.
7.  SHOTS THAT GO OUT FOR THROW-INS.
8.  YELLOW CARDS FOR DISSENT.
9.  LATE FOR GAME WITHOUT NOTIFYING MANAGER.
10.MISSED PENALTIES.
11. OWN GOALS.
12. FORGOTTEN SHIRT, SHORTS, SHIN PADS.

And any other offence and/or humorous incident not listed, real or imagined, as determined by the Fining Committee ™ as fineworthy.

Fines - $5 per offence. (Red cards (double fine) - $10)
Fines capped at a maximum of $10 per player per week.
All funds to go into the kitty for our end of year do.

Would be able to go to Ibiza after all that haha 
thewitness
thewitness
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

How “Sunday League” are you talking? Do you still train at all? You might just have to except that you aren’t good enough for the league that your in, enjoy having a kick around and come back again next year in a lower division.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

thewitness - 30 May 2019 6:10 PM
How “Sunday League” are you talking? Do you still train at all? You might just have to except that you aren’t good enough for the league that your in, enjoy having a kick around and come back again next year in a lower division.

WE are in the lowest div and we train once a week it is just "social"
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Melbcityguy - 4 Jun 2019 11:05 AM

It depends on how much all of you want to improve?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 4 Jun 2019 11:05 AM

You just said it, its just social.
That is club football below Div2 imo its just social but it all comes down to how many of these fellow social team mates actually have some skill.
You face some teams and they have 4-6 decent enough players the rest they carry as they say.
These teams will always be more competitive to ones who just have 1-3 decent enough players and carry the rest, all in the name of playing social.
Very hard to expect more from your team if you have no real all round players with some ability.
In that case it is what it is, just enjoy the spirit of the game and the beers/banter post game.
Thats the social good side of it all.

Love Football

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

The simplest, easiest thing to do is to make sure everyone has a proper understanding of what their role is and where they should be at certain times during the game.

As dumb as that sounds a lot of blokes don't actually know where they should be standing or moving to.

Member since 2008.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Bumping for lulz

Anybody playing summer futsal?
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

NicCarBel - 14 Aug 2019 9:43 PM
Bumping for lulz

Anybody playing summer futsal?

yes 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

Melbcityguy - 15 Aug 2019 11:52 AM
NicCarBel - 14 Aug 2019 9:43 PM

yes 

Who are you playing with? Did you find it easy to make a team?

I'm looking at playing here in Canberra, me and the other guy at work are keen to make a team, but I don't really know anyone here to set up a team, so it's all coming down to who he knows
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

NicCarBel - 17 Aug 2019 6:22 PM
Melbcityguy - 15 Aug 2019 11:52 AM

Who are you playing with? Did you find it easy to make a team?

I'm looking at playing here in Canberra, me and the other guy at work are keen to make a team, but I don't really know anyone here to set up a team, so it's all coming down to who he knows

I try to get my friends 7 is a perfect number with two on the bench. You can definitely ask the competition if they know anyone that wants to join your team as sometimes individuals show interest to join other teams 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

Melbcityguy - 18 Aug 2019 9:05 PM
NicCarBel - 17 Aug 2019 6:22 PM

I try to get my friends 7 is a perfect number with two on the bench. You can definitely ask the competition if they know anyone that wants to join your team as sometimes individuals show interest to join other teams 

Yeah, 7 is sort of what we're aiming for. Well, more 8, makes it a bit cheaper since it's a per-team registration fee. I might look into that when they start opening registrations properly, but have 4 atm. Just hoping to organise shirts quick-smart is another issue with numbers/closing dates
Edited
5 Years Ago by NicCarBel
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

NicCarBel - 19 Aug 2019 10:24 PM
Melbcityguy - 18 Aug 2019 9:05 PM

Yeah, 7 is sort of what we're aiming for. Well, more 8, makes it a bit cheaper since it's a per-team registration fee. I might look into that when they start opening registrations properly, but have 4 atm. Just hoping to organise shirts quick-smart is another issue with numbers/closing dates

http://www.5-a-side.com/tactics/5-a-side-formations/

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search