Whats your sides most likely starting XI for 19/20

Whats your sides most likely starting XI for 19/20

Author
ctrl
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
sub007 - 20 Jul 2019 1:23 PM
ctrl - 20 Jul 2019 1:08 PM

I don’t support the Jets but I agree with this.

I think the Jets definitely need some more depth, especially at full back. Why they didn’t go after Doyle is beyond me.

I would sign a right winger as well but I don’t think the Jets gave the funds to do so.

Yeah, there's quite a lot to be worried about. Topor AND Boogard at the back doesn't instill confidence, but if Jackson is good enough he should be banging down the door. As long as we don't see him again at left back. We could really do with a left back.

On the plus side, feels like Angus Thurgate could have a breakout season which puts pressure on Uga and Kanta to perform.

I read somewhere that there there are no more funds for foreign signings, but surely there are still a couple players to come. Hopefully that's not Merrick raiding the bargain basement for Nathan Burns or something. I'd be down for another Kaine Sheppard-like NPL punt.
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

mm74 - 20 Jul 2019 11:52 AM
RedKat - 19 Jul 2019 5:14 PM

Smurfs look good on paper. I don't give a shit about you guys but looking at your midfield and attacking third, I can't believe you're not starting Caceres  either as a holding or attacking mid. I know what the german can give after watching him play with us last season and imo, Caceres is better in every department. Technically and without a doubt, in work rate. I would start him instead of the german or brattan.

Don't rate WU squad. Won't make top 6. I would start with Burgess instead of Chapman.

MC will be more of the same. Lot of promise but no end product. Don't know much about the 2 imports from Uruguay. Who knows? Hopefully one of them will be another fornaroli.

Lucky for Sydney that Corica is the coach. Caceres one flaw (and it is a big one) is that after he has beaten a player once he tries to beat them again, and when he has done that he tries to do it again. Eventually he loses the ball. Technically a very good player, his uncle admitted he was better than him when he was only 13, but holding onto the ball unto you lose it is not a winning tactic.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

ctrl - 20 Jul 2019 2:05 PM
sub007 - 20 Jul 2019 1:23 PM

Yeah, there's quite a lot to be worried about. Topor AND Boogard at the back doesn't instill confidence, but if Jackson is good enough he should be banging down the door. As long as we don't see him again at left back. We could really do with a left back.

On the plus side, feels like Angus Thurgate could have a breakout season which puts pressure on Uga and Kanta to perform.

I read somewhere that there there are no more funds for foreign signings, but surely there are still a couple players to come. Hopefully that's not Merrick raiding the bargain basement for Nathan Burns or something. I'd be down for another Kaine Sheppard-like NPL punt.

Agree with all this.
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

marconi101 - 19 Jul 2019 5:22 PM

I see Millar starting at RB and Arroyo starting up top. I like Sheppard but don't know if he's a guaranteed starter yet. Hoffman will inevitably end up playing most games plugging holes all over.

I think the season hinges on Champness keeping fit and Petratos thriving with a lot more pace around him (Millar, Arroyo, even Fitz). We've missed that since Nabbout.

Millar should never start at RB. He will be an asset to the Jets but he is very poor defensively. He has a great engine to get back and help but don't trust him to do the job alone.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

I'm bored so I'll do some of the other sides too.

CCM

I'm assuming they are playing a 422 diamond and the two Koreans will sign.

New GK
Gordon Tongyik Rowles Clisby
                   Kim E-S
            Lee S-H      Oar
                      DDS
               Murray Majok

I think they will use their last visa spot on a CB. If they are able to offload McGlinchey, then I'll think they'll sign a striker.

I think they need to sign Jack Duncan as their #1.

sub007
sub007
World Class

patjennings - 20 Jul 2019 2:24 PM

Millar should never start at RB. He will be an asset to the Jets but he is very poor defensively. He has a great engine to get back and help but don't trust him to do the job alone.

I agree but Ernie seems to want to play him there.
sub007
sub007
World Class

City

Birighitti
Galloway Windbichler Delbridge Jamieson
Brillante Berenguer
Noone Luna Cabrera
Maclaren
sub007
sub007
World Class

Western United

Kurto
Calver Gulum Aspro
Risdon Pasquali Chapman Vujica
Kone
New visa player Stamatelopoulos
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)

Acton
Roux Broxham Deng Brown 
               Lesiotis
   Hope Toivonen Barnett
     Kamsoba King Kenny 

gloryfc
gloryfc
Super Fan
Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)

soil - 20 Jul 2019 1:19 PM
Sydney looking too strong. Perth will need to make a big signing for lb/lwb to be in contention. Spira seems in doubt too. 

Looking forward to see how WSW and City go too. Not that fussed by any other side. Still a lot of preseason to go though.

Anyone got word on whether Spiranovic will stay? Last I heard he’s due back in Perth next month when he’ll have made up his mind
soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

gloryfc - 20 Jul 2019 3:11 PM
soil - 20 Jul 2019 1:19 PM

Anyone got word on whether Spiranovic will stay? Last I heard he’s due back in Perth next month when he’ll have made up his mind

Nope. Hope to hear something soon. He's one of the most important players going into ACL. 

ATM without knowing who will be brought in for LB and Spira i think we will line up like...

Fornaroli 
            Castro             Ikon
Chianese   Jaunde    Kilkenny    Franjic 
        Lowry     Mcrella Tratt
                      Reddy 

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

sub007 - 20 Jul 2019 2:28 PM
I'm bored so I'll do some of the other sides too.

CCM

I'm assuming they are playing a 422 diamond and the two Koreans will sign.

New GK
Gordon Tongyik Rowles Clisby
                   Kim E-S
            Lee S-H      Oar
                      DDS
               Murray Majok

I think they will use their last visa spot on a CB. If they are able to offload McGlinchey, then I'll think they'll sign a striker.

I think they need to sign Jack Duncan as their #1.

Mariners not looking to bad 
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 21 Jul 2019 7:51 AM
sub007 - 20 Jul 2019 2:28 PM

Mariners not looking to bad 

They need two defenders badly. As well as a striker 
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

marconi101 - 20 Jul 2019 12:42 PM
Chris_AUFC - 20 Jul 2019 12:19 PM

Yet with a worse team last year we had the most shots (but worst conversion rate) with our main striker out for 10 games. Compare also the team that was robbed in the GF, only Sheppard, Fitzgerald and Arrojo were not present. Due to the budget we are apparently not signing anymore foreign players, so any new signings will be local - I will not be surprised if the squad as is remains as so for the season. We will be heavily dependent on injuries and Petratos/Sheppard firing.  

Is Nabbout confirmed? He was superb for you guys and will go a long way. My concerns are more regarding defence, especially CB - both Boogs and NTS are average, with their biggest strength being their HAL experience. But both are slow, not especially adept with the ball at their feet, and probe to brain snaps (Boogs much more so than NTS though). Moss is a good GK but won't save everything. Hoff seems inconsistent and then do you have any quality fullback coverage? I'm not trying to put the boot into Newy for the sake of it, I actually have a bit of a soft spot for them. I just don't think this is a squad on paper that matches up to SFC, Glory and co (not that AU are that much better off yet either).
sub007
sub007
World Class

josh sydneyfc - 21 Jul 2019 9:03 AM
Melbcityguy - 21 Jul 2019 7:51 AM

They need two defenders badly. As well as a striker 

1 defender. Rowles is quality.

I don’t think they’ll sign a striker until they offload McGlinchey.
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

If we go with a 3-4-1-2 (which is what I would love to see)

Forster
Abd Elhamed  Ajer  Jullien
Forrest  Brown  McGregor  Bolingoli
*Rogic/*Christie
Edouard        Griffiths

=============================================
If we go with a 4-2-3-1

Forster
Abd Elhamed    Ajer     Jullien    Bolingoli
Brown        McGregor
Forrest       *Rogic/*Christie       Elyounoussi
Edouard

=============================================
If we go with a 4-3-1-2

Forster
Abd Elhamed  Ajer  Jullien  Bolingoli
Forrest         Brown         McGregor
*Rogic/*Christie
Edouard        Griffiths

AM/#10:
*A battle/rotation between Rogic and Christie.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
5 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Chris_AUFC - 21 Jul 2019 2:58 PM
marconi101 - 20 Jul 2019 12:42 PM

Is Nabbout confirmed? He was superb for you guys and will go a long way. My concerns are more regarding defence, especially CB - both Boogs and NTS are average, with their biggest strength being their HAL experience. But both are slow, not especially adept with the ball at their feet, and probe to brain snaps (Boogs much more so than NTS though). Moss is a good GK but won't save everything. Hoff seems inconsistent and then do you have any quality fullback coverage? I'm not trying to put the boot into Newy for the sake of it, I actually have a bit of a soft spot for them. I just don't think this is a squad on paper that matches up to SFC, Glory and co (not that AU are that much better off yet either).

There is no word on Nabbout. As a Newcastle fan I know he will go to another club because money talks. NTS is not a liability, Boogs most certainly can be. This will be the last season before a major clear-out. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Merrick retire at the end of the season - only if things go balls up will he resign. 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

A.Haak
A.Haak
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

chondro - 20 Jul 2019 6:17 AM
Marinovic
Fenton/Taylor/Devere/Cacace
Payne/Rufer
(w)/Davila/(W)
Ball

As a nix fan, am a wee bit scared going into his season - that team is very, very weak on paper.

2 aging CB's who are often injured. Fenton isn't yet back from his major injury last year and is struggling. Payne hasn't played at a pro level for a few years and on his best days is more of a hard worker than anything, and both Davila and Ball have unflattering CVs.

Those last two imports better be fucking good.

If we kept Krishna I'd be feeling different. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by A.Haak
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Good time to reboot this less than a month out from the start and with most teams making signings. For us our early recruitment means were the same as we were when i first made the thread:

Redmayne
Grant Wilkinson McGowan Zullo
O'Neill Brattan
Baumjohann      Ninkovic
Barbarouses ALF

Bench; Hewerd-Belle, Warland, Flottman, King, Van der Saag, Retre, Caceres, Zuvela, Teague, Ivanovic, Buhagier, Tilio

ARNIE= LEGEND

Edited
5 Years Ago by RedKat
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Agree redkat with above. 

I am am very interested in the mariners this year. I’m a Sydney fan through and through but am really intrigued to see how they line up. 

Could someone with with more knowledge than me give us a starting XI?
ctrl
ctrl
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Jets...

Moss

Millar - Boogs - Topor - Burns

Kanta - Uga

Fitzgerald - Hoolahan - Petratos

Arroyo

Bench: Koutroumbis, Hoffman, Jackson, Thurgate, Sheppard, Italiano, Ridenton etc.

Injury to Hoolahan obviously changes things. Can see Ridenton playing a lot given Kantarovski's injury-interrupted pre-season (pretty much to be expected, sadly), and Hoffman always gets his share of games. 

sub007
sub007
World Class

josh sydneyfc - 19 Sep 2019 2:06 PM
Agree redkat with above. 

I am am very interested in the mariners this year. I’m a Sydney fan through and through but am really intrigued to see how they line up. 

Could someone with with more knowledge than me give us a starting XI?

Birraz 
Gordon Fox Rowles Clisby
Kim
DDS Djuric
Silvera Simon Oar 

CCM are still looking for a fifth visa player.
Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Victory 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

Thomas
Traore  Hoogland Deng/Donachie Roux/Deng
                     Basha        Poulsen
                              Dobras
Nabbout                                                  Kruse
                            Toivonen

sub007
sub007
World Class

Izzo
Marrone/Strain Elsey Kitto
New DM
Mcgree Boland
Halloran Opseth Maria

Bench: Margus, Marrone/Strain, Nathan K, Mileusnic, Toure

AU are obviously looking for a DM and another defender. Our last visa spot will be used on a Chinese kid.

Marrone and Strain are evenly matched and keep displacing each other in the starting XI. 

Maria was originally signed as a replacement for Galloway but will play on the wing as Goodwin has departed.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
It'll be interesting to see if Kurz sees Hoogland as a CB or RB, but I think this is the best use of our talents:

Thomas
Hoogland - Deng - Donachie - Traore
Basha
Dobras - Poulsen
Nabbout - Toivonen - Kruse

Very pleased with how our recruiting looks at the moment, only three of the above XI remained on our books over the off season (Deng, Thomas and Toivonen).

soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Fornaroli               Ikon
                           Castro
Kim        Jaunde        kilkenny       Franjic
       Grant      Wuthrich     Mcrella
                          Reddy

Sure there will be lots of rotation with ACL but other than wing backs im pretty happy with who can step up. Castro would be a concern but think Ikon can be called on to play a similiar role.
Bullion
Bullion
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

A.Haak - 21 Jul 2019 6:06 PM
chondro - 20 Jul 2019 6:17 AM

As a nix fan, am a wee bit scared going into his season - that team is very, very weak on paper.

2 aging CB's who are often injured. Fenton isn't yet back from his major injury last year and is struggling. Payne hasn't played at a pro level for a few years and on his best days is more of a hard worker than anything, and both Davila and Ball have unflattering CVs.

Those last two imports better be fucking good.

If we kept Krishna I'd be feeling different. 

Marinovic
Fenton, Taylor, Devere, Cacace
          Steinmann, Rufer
Davila                             Piscopo
             Ball, VISA ST (McCowatt/Sotirio/Waine for now)

RB; Eliot and TAHW will give Fenton a good push.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Bullion
D_manu
D_manu
Hacker
Hacker (319 reputation)Hacker (319 reputation)Hacker (319 reputation)Hacker (319 reputation)Hacker (319 reputation)Hacker (319 reputation)Hacker (319 reputation)Hacker (319 reputation)Hacker (319 reputation)Hacker (319 reputation)Hacker (319 reputation)

WSW

MEIER     -     DUKE
                                    MAJEWSKI
GEORGIEVSKI  -  BACCUS - SCHWEGLER  -  ELRICH
               JURMAN   -   ZIEGLER  -   MCGOWAN
                                      LOPAR

BENCH: YEBOAH, KAMAU, TASS, O'DOHERTY, SURMAN 
Josh
Josh
Pro

sub007 - 19 Sep 2019 2:33 PM
josh sydneyfc - 19 Sep 2019 2:06 PM

Birraz 
Gordon Fox Rowles Clisby
Kim
DDS Djuric
Silvera Simon Oar 

CCM are still looking for a fifth visa player.

Thanks mate. Not a phenomenal side but at least they will be competitive. Especially with staj 
BT50
BT50
Super Fan
Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)

Difficult to say exactly what Mombaerts is thinking but i think this is the likely starting XI for most games

Bouzanis
Galloway  Windbichler   Delbridge  Jamieson
    Berenguer           Brillante        Metcalfe
Luna                      MacLaren                    Noone

Glover, Cabrera, Griffiths, Genreau, Najjarine

Najjar, Good, Atkinson, Wales, Assorted scholarship players
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search