Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Looking forward to league starting up this weekend.
Trouble is we have to wait for our United clash till Monday 2.30am koff.
No good Atkinson has been the appointed ref but ce la vie.
Good news Allison will be back between the sticks.
Much lol's re pundit Danny Mills picking a combined 11 fromt he 2 squads, 0 United players picked.
https://readliverpoolfc.com/2019/10/14/fans-absolutely-love-pundits-liverpool-man-united-combined-xi/
In saying that I'm expecting them to lift @ OT and give us a real scare no matter, nothing is easy there for us.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

All I'm seeing is an OT ambush coming to us......
It's all too much going our way, admittedly we are not playing well imo but getting the results which is great but playing united with their backs to the wall is too good to be true and dangerous.
Last couple of years I expected us getting good wins but we struggled, Mourinho parked the bus that stifled our game.
United with less talent now and in all sorts of trouble will be playing this game like their lives depend on it, especially now its reported Pogba and DeGea are out as well !
Its just all too easy going our way, I expect the win but I'm nervous.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

On the one hand you'd be concerned about this fixture considering United's form and how their squad has been panned while LFC are flying high. On the other? Klopp is extra keen to make a statement here after the international break, wanting to keep the winning momentum going and do so at a ground he hasn't seen victory at yet. I could see United putting in a spirited first half and quite possibly grabbing the lead- but I reckon LFC's class will get them another win here.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Captain Haddock - 19 Oct 2019 10:14 AM
On the one hand you'd be concerned about this fixture considering United's form and how their squad has been panned while LFC are flying high. On the other? Klopp is extra keen to make a statement here after the international break, wanting to keep the winning momentum going and do so at a ground he hasn't seen victory at yet. I could see United putting in a spirited first half and quite possibly grabbing the lead- but I reckon LFC's class will get them another win here.

Similar thoughts but International break screws up form most times but more so, our form hasn't been that smashing last month imo so this contributed and Salah late withdrawal a little as well.
United as we know their backs was to the wall to date and @ home as mentioned we have struggled and todays game was no different.
1st half United were a yard faster everywhere, we were slow and not aggressive and it showed plain as day.
Atkinson I feel gave us nothing especially when Fabinho was brought down from behind leading to their goal.
Their one of few good counters.
That sucked.
Fabinho played deep therefore no midfielder of ours ran at them with the ball( barring Wijnaldom once or twice) especially they playing so compressed.
Mane's goal IF didn't touch his hand would have changed our game from there on but wasn't to be.
Not much went our way till Klopp made changes - Ox coming on gave us some midfield attack, Keita was a good change and surprisingly Lallana for Hendo for no way would Hendo have been that high in the box to put the ball in the net for the equaliser.
With those changes we started to go over them but put in the winner.
United 36% possesion, they sat back all 2nd half and this has caught us last season against them as well, you'd think we would have changed our game from the beginning.
Robbo and TAA only started getting some good cross's in mid 2nd on.
648 pass's to 300, all that ball and most were back to mid pitch.
End of the day we didn't lose which showed our great fighting spirit nowadays but I knew soon enough from Koff we were doing it tuff.
Hard game to watch live I tell you.
Thankfully home next week against Spurs, another club struggling to save their season already, we need to wake up.....

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

To play sluggishly against a team who lifted another level and wanted to make a statement at home- then have a 'B' squad player come on and net the equaliser that caused the team to lift and finish well and truly on top with a match-winning goal looking inevitable in those dying minutes...ironically enough reminded me (yet again) of Man United under SAF.

Depending how they fare against City at Etihad, this might well be an "invincibles" season...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LiliBrown
LiliBrown
Under 7s
Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)

Captain Haddock - 21 Oct 2019 6:25 PM
To play sluggishly against a team who lifted another level and wanted to make a statement at home- then have a 'B' squad player come on and net the equaliser that caused the team to lift and finish well and truly on top with a match-winning goal looking inevitable in those dying minutes...ironically enough reminded me (yet again) of Man United under SAF.

Depending how they fare against City at Etihad, this might well be an "invincibles" season...

I think that everything will work out. This season promises to be spectacular and extremely amazing but I think the team will survive. Even football critics and bookmakers with good odds take bets on winning https://fscore.net/ . It remains to wait a little.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Captain Haddock - 21 Oct 2019 6:25 PM

don't say or think that re your last sentence.
What that game exposed with united having 5 at the back most 2nd half we really need another attacking midfielder like Lallana.
For starters that is Keita can step into that role more the reason why we bought him.
Need him to step up now that he's injury free and delivering like he did for RB over his tenure scoring 31goals but more so attacking the last line.........

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

LFC were millimetres from going undefeated last season. There were plenty of fortunate moments along the way (Lloris' 90th minute blunder, Origi's 96th minute header) and that's been the same this season already against the Blades and Leicester. Was the same for Man United under Fergie- so many times you'd watch a game and curse their luck at getting a result. Depth is the one area LFC are lacking in compared to their other notable title challenger atm- if City remain in B+ form and LFC go into the market for more squad depth in the midfield come January, could finish very strongly indeed...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

agree on getting the result, even the last seconds of a game getting out of jail - yes united did it countless times back in the day and we have been doing the same.
Just hate those heart attacks and no nails haha

Re depth yes our only minor weakness that I hope Jan we bolster.
This morns game just proved having a attacking minded midfielder can do and support frontline scorers.
Ox is getting to his game pre last years injury and how good was that to see.
Till Jan we need Ox or Lallana in the midfield for the rest are more workers types which is brilliant but we need more goals from middle players to one support/and relieve pressure on the front 3 and counter stacking defense lines.

CL game was so nice seeing us link up better in attack, Ox's early goal settled us but they came at us with a young side no fear and if it wasn't for VAR they leveled could have been a stressy game but the class shone today.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

I can't remember a game like this where every single goal was top shelf quality. Absolutely beautiful goals, even the Genk goal was a quality turn and finish.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

what about the 4 beauties in the Anfield 4nil rout of Barca for one starters but know what you mean, quality it was the other day.

Love Football

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

LFC. - 25 Oct 2019 11:49 AM
what about the 4 beauties in the Anfield 4nil rout of Barca for one starters but know what you mean, quality it was the other day.

Yeah I just mean the technical quality of each goal was really good. I love seeing this level of play.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

MarkfromCroydon - 25 Oct 2019 3:28 PM
LFC. - 25 Oct 2019 11:49 AM

Yeah I just mean the technical quality of each goal was really good. I love seeing this level of play.

too right, never get sic of the skill/vision and players reading each other.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

WOW this Pool squad keep surprising me.
Pressure is on us every single minute of a game nowadays and this game sure was even more being Spurs struggles already this season and our coming together since the CL final they had to bring it to us and that they did.
Son's first attack down our left within moments of koff shocked all, cuts inside for his right shoots hitting the bar and there's Kane to put away a awkward header within 45sec's from koff OMG.
They were throwing themselves at us,for a little while we went into rush mode by mid half we had settled and controlling the game but they tried every single tactic to slow us down, from slow trow ins, standing in front of our free kicks etcetc the ref should have pounced on this early in the game.
Right up to HT we were bombarding them, commentators were saying how many levels can we lift it was amazing to watch but so frustrating we didn't put away 2-3 even 4 tbh it was that dominating yet they were still dangerous.
At resumption we came out pretty similar and all I can say how damn good is some (if not all) of our players :
Mane, can anyone get the ball off him ? the strength this guy has shielding the ball and all is remarkable and what a absolute problem he is to the opposition every single time.
Fabinho, don't care what anyone will say imo he's the best CDM in the game right now, his work rate astounds me, covers so much ground, wins so much ball at critical times, distributes, a Beast !
TAA/Robbo, what games they both had, some of TAA's cross's were curving peachs in the danger zone and their defense under the pump particularly by Son was tops.
Overall everyone did their jobs and the will to win is infectious, I had complete faith in them getting the result and thats LFC today.
Happy for Hendo putting away that important equaliser.
Still undefeated at home for what 2 seasons and I don't think Mane has experienced defeat @ Anfield.
Roll on Villians next weekend, game by game.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Spurs came to spoil, slowed down the game as much as they could but couldn't match LFC which is another promising sign. Somebody mentioned that of the top 6/7 sides, City have only played Spurs thus far while LFC have now played everybody bar City, so if we can take all 3 points off them in a fortnight that sets the tone very nicely...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

agreed much CH, game of the round at home no doubt about it.

Love Football

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Only the Carabao Cup, but what a game!
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Kamaryn - 31 Oct 2019 9:02 AM
Only the Carabao Cup, but what a game!

correct, I was going to leave for work But thought nope this is getting good.
Got to say both young un's went for it like mad.
We let in a couple of soft ones but I get that with such a changed line up.
Ox's goal was a cracker as was unfortunately Maitland Miles - no keeper would have got that how it shifted left through the air.
Origi, once again last minute volley WOW ! and brace.
I think the culture in the club is superb, go to the last seconds never give up 5 a piece.
I was jizzing when young Kelleher saved Cebellos's pen for I thought that guy would convert for sure after that I thought we got this !
Well taken last strike by 18yr old Curtis Jones, huge pressure.
YNWA !

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

wow liverpool vs man city is on at 3:30 am if that was on at a reasonable time i wonder how many people would watch it live. 
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Really baffles me why they schedule these fixtures for bullshit time slots? 

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

That performance had 'Man United: The Glory Days' written all over it. No wonder people hate us.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Captain Haddock - 3 Nov 2019 8:42 AM
That performance had 'Man United: The Glory Days' written all over it. No wonder people hate us.

😄 
love it 
forget the United days - were the Mentality Beasts nowadays !
nothing like those playing ugly wins at the death.
What a set up for Anfield next week.
Pep already dropped a teaser saying Mané does dive.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

:cool::):P
another Home win and against our biggest rivals today.
Typically a game such as this important will have controversy - I don't like VAR personally - once again the modern world introduces something that is meant to be right every time but then the question is - is it black or white and then we have grey.
So much like before where we have people seeing it one way and others the other we accepted it was the "refs" call but now that is taken away from him..
Back in my day handball in the box was a pen full stop, not about making yourself bigger, or that there is no intent of handball etcetc....
So all its doing is creating frustration for both sides/coachs/fans.
Piss it off.
In saying that what a 1st half by these 2 sides.
The styles are so different yet both spectacular.
No one plays possession as confidently and precise like city, all they lacked was the final finishing product in this game and it said it all when PG subbed Aguero/Jesus no matter how good he is imo still lacks a killer punch in these big games whereas compare that to Origi on a side note.
What a counter attacking machine we have ! within 20seconds city asking for a pen were driving down their end and Fabinho picks up the loose ball out of the box and - take off what a bloody sweet strike of the ball, Bravo could only watch in delayed reaction.
I was finally feeling ok after we were getting pumped those first 6mins I swear they were going to score.
What a settler that was.
13min were at our ol selves again on the counter from our usual brilliant outside backs routine, TAA switchs to Robbo, he goes up line looks, cross's perfect ball into the box for Salah to run into, one bounce heads perfectly opposite Bravo's movement to the left 2 up - who could believe it against run of play again.
I was still tense for city scare the crap out of me HT 2up.
The third gave us all some relief for once again city were coming at us prior.
Hendo gains possession down the right flank, takes on down the line virtually right on the goal line cross's a perfect deep ball across goal and Mane meets it strong Bravo could get a hand to it but it was already crossing the line.
What a damn settler that was and again the surprise attack after city looked to come back.
It was a tense last 15mins for they were throwing everything at us and we holding our ground after Silva put 1 away.
Some close shaves, just wasn't their day and it was ours.
Targeted TAA, fighting all game with Sterling, it was getting tense and Klopp knew late 2nd half bringing on Gomez to RB moving TAA RH.
Sterling didn't like those fresh legs and aggression at him, loved seeing Gomez standing in front of him as if whats your problem haha
MOTM every single one of our lads, Lovren played one of his better games when really needed.
We all love the buffer but were the target every single game and long way to go but YNWA :)

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Great win. Never a handball because City handballed it first :) 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

That tackle by Fernandino on Salah's troubled ankle may be cause of concerns.
Sounds like he's going to his NT doctors for scans whereas we wanted him at Melwood.
"Injuries" in the future will be our main worries back of our minds to any of our start up players but everyone is in the same boat.
I think our bench has enough to step in if/when needed but this heavy schedule coming up will test us greatly.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Somebody on r/soccer said that LFC are like a heavy metal band to watch- high energy and intensity. While Man City, conversely, are like a classical orchestra- neat and with full precision. At their best, I thought Man City were more threatening- especially for the opening and closing 10 minutes. Regardless of whether or not there should've been a penalty given for TAA's arm contact (50/50 if you ask me), Man City were unlucky not to score on a few other occasions. But LFC appear to have a mental 'edge' on Man City and this reflects what I was saying last season about being more "battle hardened"- City have got class all over the field, but when the result isn't going their way they can get a bit rattled. LFC have firmly established themselves as a team who take any half-chance given to them and very difficult to kill of at any point in a game.

A BIG 3 points in the context of the season even though it's November. Hope Klopp has the squad settled and re-focused for next fortnights' trip to Selhurst Park, because Palace away could be a banana skin if they're not careful. Getting 3 points there and Chelsea beating/ holding City to a draw would be an even bigger boost in the title race, regardless of the fact City have a more difficult schedule from here until seasons' end than LFC.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

agree on all CH.....
The Mentality Monster tag rings through our squad and its not just the great work Klopp and the team at Melwood have done the guys are living and breathing it till the last seconds of a game for all to see.
They know what their in for till May.
Selhurst has always been one of those fixtures for us, expected to win but they have taken the game to us many times and stung our momentum, I had reservations about the city game that it could be the one we finally drop but its all about scoring early in these games that sets the tone and that we did.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

To use a Formula 1 analogy, Man City are like Seb Vettel or (going further back) Alain Prost. When they're out in front and the circumstances are right for them, they're precise and perfect to watch. Near untouchable. But in a scrap or when the pressure is on them, they lack a particular fight and become brittle. Even Pep reflects this attitude- Sunday's game was an exception to the rule, because he's normally fairly reserved. His comment about the refs in the post-match interview was slightly cheeky, but diplomatic and thought out.

Following the same analogy, LFC are like some hybrid of Mansell/ Senna- heart in mouth at times, pull stuff off that makes you go "WTF did I just watch?" and while not the most elegant to watch, they're fighters who can find ways to win even when you don't think they will. Klopp embodies this- he's a constant ball of energy, gregarious and infectious and (completely contrary to the typical Germanic temperament) regularly provides as much entertainment in his analysis of a game as you'll find on Arsenal Fan TV.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

and here is a very good summary regards the Mentality Beasts !
Bernado Silvas comments ring so true :
"Meanwhile, City midfielder Bernardo Silva, wrestled with the reality that "you can play better than them and still be 2-0, 3-0 behind" in the aftermath of the loss,"
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/875581/Liverpool-Football-Club-Welcome-J252rgen?PageIndex=354

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

CH, being a F1 devotee and I know you are your picture is pretty much spot on.
That game the other day did have me regards our goals - "WTF did I just see" I've replayed them many times and knowing how much under the pump we were to take your moment was as sweet as it could get.
Strike when you moment arrives and make it count, it was one of those days.

Another point of the 2nd half, upon Silvas chance they didn't have a shot on goal.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search