Domestic Season 2019/20.

Domestic Season 2019/20.

Author
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
baggygreenmania - 14 Feb 2020 10:32 AM
baggygreenmania - 14 Feb 2020 10:17 AM

I will be concentrating on the BLUES v VICS and TAS v QLD games.

What is wrong with SA playing WA?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
baggygreenmania - 15 Feb 2020 12:27 PM
Blues pace attack is showing little teeth. Oh for Cummins and Hazlewood. Lyon bowled with some guile.. SOK lucky.

Without Meredith the Tigers attack also toothless. Bird started poorly but improved later. He needs support otherwise Mike's mob will have this won by day three.

When are SACA going to produce challenging decks at Adelaide. Unless you get wickets with the hard new cherry get ready for a long haul in the field.

Interesting comments, Baggers.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Keyboard Warrior - 15 Feb 2020 11:14 PM
baggygreenmania - 14 Feb 2020 10:32 AM

What is wrong with SA playing WA?

Nothing. I clocked in there too.. just that if I have too many live streams running concurrently my computer plays up. Actually I found this game so interesting with the rare lively Adelaide deck and a swinging ball that I watched mostly it yesterday. I enjoy watching the batsman challenged by the ball. This kinda cricket shows us who is promising and who is mediocre.
Edited
4 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Keyboard Warrior - 15 Feb 2020 11:12 PM
MikeR - 14 Feb 2020 7:32 PM

Neser continues to impress. 

Haven't been following it, as I've been watching British Lions V Aus Eleven at Bellerive,

English Lions DC. Where are the hilites or even a report of this game.  It is a red ball match too.. More so given the squad as they need all the publicity they can get. Most of these batsmen have failed to score red ball runs this summer. 

CAX1 is miles behind in this game but at least Jason Sangha reminded selectors and himself of his promise today. Ton up tomorrow young fellar.
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Blues batting other than K Patt and Henriques not up to scratch. Our loooong tail aint much help either.

I like what I am seeing from Ben McDermott. This is why I rate him. He cud not have a better partner to compose him than Timmy. 

The exciting but too eager Josh Philippe holes out but his partner and huge all round prospect Cameron Green is continuing to chip away at the Redbacks lead. Philippe has masses of talent but he has to tone down his red ball shot making. Far too often he falls to a reckless white ball shot. If I was  Adam Voges I am taking Philippe aside and offering some urgent advice on temperament..
Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 16 Feb 2020 12:56 PM

I like what I am seeing from Ben McDermott. This is why I rate him. He cud not have a better partner to compose him than Timmy. 

Tas recovered from 3-0 to compile a decent score.

I heard Paine   made about 61.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

TCA Members are not sure whether the Dukes or new Kookaburra is being used in the Shield?

We don't know the type of ball used in the tour game either?
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

The exciting but too eager Josh Philippe holes out but his partner and huge all round prospect Cameron Green is continuing to chip away at the Redbacks lead. Philippe has masses of talent but he has to tone down his red ball shot making. Far too often he falls to a reckless white ball shot. If I was  Adam Voges I am taking Philippe aside and offering some urgent advice on temperament..

You appear to think the same as many others on Philippe, Baggers.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Bulls too good for Tas.

The good part was Tas fought back in the second dig with half centuries from McDermott, Paine and Webster.

I just   wish Neser and co (Patto, Bird, Richardson, Josh H) had played at Bellerive, towards the end of the smack it season, and pitted their skills against the classy Sibley, Jennings and Lawrence.
Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I don't post a lot, but thanks  for all the newsy updates, guys. Enjoy reading what is going on around the country.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 16 Feb 2020 9:06 AM
Keyboard Warrior - 15 Feb 2020 11:12 PM

Haven't been following it, as I've been watching British Lions V Aus Eleven at Bellerive,

English Lions DC. Where are the hilites or even a report of this game.  It is a red ball match too.. More so given the squad as they need all the publicity they can get. Most of these batsmen have failed to score red ball runs this summer. 

CAX1 is miles behind in this game but at least Jason Sangha reminded selectors and himself of his promise today. Ton up tomorrow young fellar.

The TCA Members are up in arms about lack of coverage . A lot of  your new TCA mates are conducting a campaign  criticising  Cricket Tas for no publicity. Have a look in the  British Lions thread, Baggers.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Keyboard Warrior - 16 Feb 2020 10:31 PM

You appear to think the same as many others on Philippe, Baggers.

What about your views on Philippe KW? 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 17 Feb 2020 8:34 AM
baggygreenmania - 16 Feb 2020 9:06 AM

The TCA Members are up in arms about lack of coverage . A lot of  your new TCA mates are conducting a campaign  criticising  Cricket Tas for no publicity. Have a look in the  British Lions thread, Baggers.

Perhaps CA did not want to embarrass themselves given the squad they assembled. Like I say most have barely scored any red ball runs this summer. Frankly this is an insult to England which has fielded their best Seconds squad.. bar Pope. Luckily Sangha, Lehmann and Edwards are making a contest of it. Lehmann, who must have been close to being canned by the Redbacks just posted a patient century..
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

VICS knock the Blues from the top of the table. Poor showing apart from Solway and Patterson. Where were Lyon and SOK in the second innings to stop Maddinson from murdering us. That is when we lost the contest.

Tassie showed some mettle in the second innings but the game was lost after the first innings. Selectors must make changes to both the batting and bowling.

Finally Adelaide turned on a contest with a challenging deck to score on. Redbacks were too good in all departments.

Player of the round: Nic Maddinson.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 17 Feb 2020 5:54 PM
VICS knock the Blues from the top of the table. Poor showing apart from Solway and Patterson. Where were Lyon and SOK in the second innings to stop Maddinson from murdering us. That is when we lost the contest.

Tassie showed some mettle in the second innings but the game was lost after the first innings. Selectors must make changes to both the batting and bowling.

Finally Adelaide turned on a contest with a challenging deck to score on. Redbacks were too good in all departments.

Player of the round: Nic Maddinson.

Tassie doesn’t have the depth to make wholesale changes. 

Surprised to hear Lyon struggle? 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 17 Feb 2020 6:04 PM
baggygreenmania - 17 Feb 2020 5:54 PM

Tassie doesn’t have the depth to make wholesale changes. 

Surprised to hear Lyon struggle? 

Tassie has to find the depth. They have imports to choose from as well as their best performed rookies in SecondX1. 
For starters I am bringing in Alex Pycroft for the rest of the season.. He impressed you and I DC at Bellerive. Also take a further look at import Lawrence Neil-Smith. Mac Wright and Sean Willis have to come in for Doran and Caleb Jewell. I am also looking for a competent slow bowling all rounder for the inconsistent Beau Webster. What about the youngster Jarrod Freeman.. former NPS scholar if not mistaken. Either that or he played international U19s.

Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 18 Feb 2020 10:42 AM
Decentric - 17 Feb 2020 6:04 PM

Tassie has to find the depth. They have imports to choose from as well as their best performed rookies in SecondX1. 
For starters I am bringing in Alex Pycroft for the rest of the season.. He impressed you and I DC at Bellerive. Also take a further look at import Lawrence Neil-Smith. Mac Wright and Sean Willis have to come in for Doran and Caleb Jewell. I am also looking for a competent slow bowling all rounder for the inconsistent Beau Webster. What about the youngster Jarrod Freeman.. former NPS scholar if not mistaken. Either that or he played international U19s.

Pyecroft did have a good game when you watched him against Vic, but he struggled in the next one. =

We were talking about Mac Wright today  in the TCA Members. The former cricketers A  Grade and First Class,  thought he has had his turn and was a failure.

I'm not sure about Freeman's recent grade cricket form?

Webster scored a 50 in the second  dig against Queensland, but is primarily a part time spinner.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 18 Feb 2020 10:40 PM
baggygreenmania - 18 Feb 2020 10:42 AM

Pyecroft did have a good game when you watched him against Vic, but he struggled in the next one. =

We were talking about Mac Wright today  in the TCA Members. The former cricketers A  Grade and First Class,  thought he has had his turn and was a failure.

I'm not sure about Freeman's recent grade cricket form?

Webster scored a 50 in the second  dig against Queensland, but is primarily a part time spinner.

Give the bloke a break. Two matches only after coming from white ball cricket. You need longer to aclimatise to red ball cricket.. the ball.. the pitches.. the pressure. It is a stratosphere from the hurly burly of white ball cricket. The TCA members know this and must cut him some slack.. so must  the Cric Tas selectors. Mac has quality.. with a capital Q imho.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 20 Feb 2020 10:29 AM
Decentric - 18 Feb 2020 10:40 PM

Give the bloke a break. Two matches only after coming from white ball cricket. You need longer to aclimatise to red ball cricket.. the ball.. the pitches.. the pressure. It is a stratosphere from the hurly burly of white ball cricket. The TCA members know this and must cut him some slack.. so must  the Cric Tas selectors. Mac has quality.. with a capital Q imho.

Apparently, Mac Wright was the top scorer in the Second Eleven game with 40!

Nathan Ellis took 6 wickets in the same game.

I'm with you though, Baggers. Pyecroft  really impressed early in the season. 

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 21 Feb 2020 8:08 AM
baggygreenmania - 20 Feb 2020 10:29 AM

Apparently, Mac Wright was the top scorer in the Second Eleven game with 40!

Nathan Ellis took 6 wickets in the same game.

I'm with you though, Baggers. Pyecroft  really impressed early in the season. 

Has Mike gone walkabout again.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Sangha, Edwards and Ryan Gibson recalled for the Blues. No replacement for Harry Conway tho?
Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 22 Feb 2020 1:40 PM

Sangha, Edwards and Ryan Gibson recalled for the Blues. No replacement for Harry Conway tho?

Again there is no mention of this round in the media. I think there is a Shield game starting  at Bellerive  today.

The media is all AFL, women's AFL, and mens and  women's  Limited Overs cricket.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Sangha and Edwards both batted very well on a good  Bellerive pitch against the English Lions.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 24 Feb 2020 8:10 AM

Sangha and Edwards both batted very well on a good  Bellerive pitch against the English Lions.

Sangha dismissed cheaply today tho DC. The kid just can not get any momentum.

Tassie giving WA a hard time on a  lively green Bellerive deck.

Bulls pacemen enjoying another Gabba greentop. Uncanny how many tosses they win at home.

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 24 Feb 2020 3:19 PM

Blues lost early wickets but by mid arvo they had rebuilt with opener Daniel Hughes completing a fine century while another of Australia's young guns..Matthew Gilkes.. showed his considerable red ball talent. 

The Tassie bowlers took early advantage of a green Bellerive deck and the swinging Dukes to have WA in early trouble. By mid arvo the teeth had gone out of the attack with youngsters Cameron Green and Josh Philippe putting on a punishing partnership.. 

Bulls with yet another Gabba toss win on another greentop.

Did you go out to the game DC. Looked for you and Peter in the TCA box.
Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 24 Feb 2020 4:09 PM

Did you go out to the game DC. Looked for you and Peter in the TCA box.

There from about 2.30 with Peter and the rest of the TCA boys and girls, Baggers.

Green batted impressively for WA, being dismissed for 93 (I think). 

From the southern end, Rainbird bowled with a bit of pace, swinging it  a lot, but sometimes straying on leg  side of the right handed batters.

Ellis, who drove his car down to Tas to get a game, bowled quite well.

I thought, different  from others watching, Tas bowled quite well at times, devoid of luck. 

Pyecroft who has 10 Shield wickets at 28 runs per wicket from 2 games, has just had a knee operation. He hopes to be for next  next season.

When I left, it was about 5-255. I think WA are slightly on top, recovering well from 3-43.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Sangha dismissed cheaply today tho DC. The kid just can not get any momentum.

Tassie giving WA a hard time on a  lively green Bellerive deck.

Bulls pacemen enjoying another Gabba greentop. Uncanny how many tosses they win at home.

I looked at a few balls on the TV, right behind the bowlers' arms.

It was  swinging - almost prodigiously.

Shame about Sangha. From a  national perspective, we need him to fire.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 24 Feb 2020 10:47 PM
baggygreenmania - 24 Feb 2020 4:09 PM

There from about 2.30 with Peter and the rest of the TCA boys and girls, Baggers.

Green batted impressively for WA, being dismissed for 93 (I think). 

From the southern end, Rainbird bowled with a bit of pace, swinging it  a lot, but sometimes straying on leg  side of the right handed batters.

Ellis, who drove his car down to Tas to get a game, bowled quite well.

I thought, different  from others watching, Tas bowled quite well at times, devoid of luck. 

Pyecroft who has 10 Shield wickets at 28 runs per wicket from 2 games, has just had a knee operation. He hopes to be for next  next season.

When I left, it was about 5-255. I think WA are slightly on top, recovering well from 3-43.

Cameron Green is unconquered on 158 DC. Blokes on WP say it is all hype re him.. As usual I am a lone ranger for him and other promising cricketers. Yes some of the "next big things" crash and burn.. Sangha a  prime example, while others.. the exceptional cricketers like Cameron Green survive and prosper. I am exceedingly bouyed by some of the young talent coming thru. I can see us having another 'golden era'' down the track.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Ellis is all enthusiasm.. so much so that he was encroaching on the pitch 'no go zone' and earned the wrath of the umpire. Pleased he has finally made his FC debut. Topped it off with three wickets.. Before he drove to Tassie had he been given a state contract.. or did he just take pot luck?
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Take a squizz at this rare color footage of Bradman.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-21/first-ever-footage-of-don-bradman-in-colour/11988648?section=sport

Edited
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search