Membership 2020/21 Season

Membership 2020/21 Season

Author
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Might as well start now ... 

Victory reporting 15,000 members 

https://www.melbournevictory.com.au/news/victory-passes-15000-member-mark-202021
elksy
elksy
Hacker
Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)

Waz - 28 Oct 2020 7:26 PM
Might as well start now ... 

Victory reporting 15,000 members 

https://www.melbournevictory.com.au/news/victory-passes-15000-member-mark-202021

Seeing people saying its not the 28k they had a few years back, or even the 25k from last season. 2 months away from the season still, still major uncertainty over where Victorian teams will start the season, and the crowd restrictions when they return. Good start so far imo.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Members or season ticket holders? Victory don't actually have a physical club to be members of do they? Do the other franchises?
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 28 Oct 2020 9:32 PM
Members or season ticket holders? Victory don't actually have a physical club to be members of do they? Do the other franchises?

Well, we’ve established you know fuck all about coaching so you may as well try a new angle ... 
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Given the constant negativity and uncertainty, it is hard to see the appetite to sign up for memberships being too high.

15k by MV is impressive.
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

I’ve resigned. Excited to see the young talent in the league this year and very excited to see what MacArthur can do. 

With the introduction of them it’s also made other clubs invest in more young players which I like

Waz
Waz
Legend

Heart_fan - 29 Oct 2020 12:00 AM
Given the constant negativity and uncertainty, it is hard to see the appetite to sign up for memberships being too high.

15k by MV is impressive.

It really is. And supporters of other clubs have a choice to make - back their team in the way Victory have, or don’t. 

I would expect Roar to sell out of their memberships, while there’s been a vocal minority criticising the move to Dolphin they miss one reality: Roar fans are used to plentiful supply of tickets which won’t be the case at Dolphin, getting in will be hard and memberships will be capped and will sell out. 

And with a membership equivalent to $12.62 per game plenty will buy a membership 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Waz
Waz
Waz
Legend

Clubs I’d expect to do well on memberships this season:

Victory
Roar
SFC
WSW
City

Teams I’d expect to struggle: 

Glory 
Nix (being away) 
Western Dis-United 

The other four should do okay but probably less than last year. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Waz - 29 Oct 2020 8:05 AM
Clubs I’d expect to do well on memberships this season:

Victory
Roar
SFC
WSW
City

Teams I’d expect to struggle: 

Glory 
Nix (being away) 
Western Dis-United 

The other four should do okay but probably less than last year. 

You don’t think jets and mariners will struggle with no owners?
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I'm pleasantly surprised that so many have signed up for Victory given the club couldn't know if or how many fans would be allowed in the stadium so were forced to have a complicated system this year where the membership fee doesn't actually include matchday tickets.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Melbcityguy - 29 Oct 2020 8:08 AM
Waz - 29 Oct 2020 8:05 AM

You don’t think jets and mariners will struggle with no owners?

I’d think they’d end up with lower numbers yes, but both sets of supporters have been pretty loyal through lean times. 

Jets just depends on whether the thing implodes on them I guess, losing players 10 weeks out from the season start is not good. But CCM have made a positive signing bringing a home town hero back so I don’t think they’ll smash membership records but won’t struggle either. 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Waz
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

I find it very surprising that a number of clubs haven't made 20/21 memberships available yet. You'd think there would be an eagerness to get some much needed cash flow. MV have had memberships available for a couple of months now. MV adopting a different membership model was a really smart move considering the circumstances. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

someguyjc - 29 Oct 2020 8:22 AM
I find it very surprising that a number of clubs haven't made 20/21 memberships available yet. You'd think there would be an eagerness to get some much needed cash flow. MV have had memberships available for a couple of months now. MV adopting a different membership model was a really smart move considering the circumstances. 

Surprised? How can you sell memberships when you dont know if fans will be allowed in? and if they are how many will be allowed in?? 

WA hasn’t opened it’s borders so Glory may not even play at home, just like Nix. 

The Boxing Day test looks to be restricted to 25% of capacity suggesting restrictions will be with us well in to the New Year, maybe for the entire duration of the next season. 

And all this is before the next surge in infections 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Waz
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Out of interest what has victory done with their membership?
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Waz - 29 Oct 2020 8:26 AM
someguyjc - 29 Oct 2020 8:22 AM

Surprised? How can you sell memberships when you dont know if fans will be allowed in? and if they are how many will be allowed in?? 

WA hasn’t opened it’s borders so Glory may not even play at home, just like Nix. 

The Boxing Day test looks to be restricted to 25% of capacity suggesting restrictions will be with us well in to the New Year, maybe for the entire duration of the next season. 

And all this is before the next surge in infections 

Adopt the same model as MV. Sell memberships with pay-as-you-go ticketing to games. 
Solano
Solano
Fan
Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 29 Oct 2020 8:29 AM
Out of interest what has victory done with their membership?

In essence, all memberships are classified as "Base Memberships" with no access to games. Once we know how many can attend games, priority to purchase game tickets will be given to members, at 50% discount and free for juniors. For reserved seat holders, the new model reserves their seat for the following season. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Solano - 29 Oct 2020 8:53 AM
Melbcityguy - 29 Oct 2020 8:29 AM

In essence, all memberships are classified as "Base Memberships" with no access to games. Once we know how many can attend games, priority to purchase game tickets will be given to members, at 50% discount and free for juniors. For reserved seat holders, the new model reserves their seat for the following season. 

How much $?
Solano
Solano
Fan
Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)

Waz - 29 Oct 2020 9:02 AM
Solano - 29 Oct 2020 8:53 AM

How much $?

About $120 for an adult for the year.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Solano - 29 Oct 2020 9:12 AM
Waz - 29 Oct 2020 9:02 AM

About $120 for an adult for the year.

It is genuinely impressive, from both club coming up with the idea and fans for buying in to it? 
Waz
Waz
Legend

someguyjc - 29 Oct 2020 8:31 AM
Waz - 29 Oct 2020 8:26 AM

Adopt the same model as MV. Sell memberships with pay-as-you-go ticketing to games. 

Why the heck would Roar do that though ??? 

They can sell memberships at FULL price AND fans can go and watch games. 

The model Victory came home with suits their market conditions but will not suit all clubs. 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Waz
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro

Waz - 29 Oct 2020 9:31 AM
someguyjc - 29 Oct 2020 8:31 AM

Why the heck would Roar do that though ??? 

They can sell memberships at FULL price AND fans can go and watch games. 

The model Victory came home with suits their market conditions but will not suit all clubs. 

It was more a dig at MC and WU, who are both in the same situation as MV. Also potentially PG as it's unclear whether opponents will be able to cross the border to play.
Roar definitely have a different market and I understand that the stadium issue has probably slowed down their planning around memberships quite a bit.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Waz - 28 Oct 2020 11:17 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 28 Oct 2020 9:32 PM

Well, we’ve established you know fuck all about coaching so you may as well try a new angle ... 

Who's we cockhead? If you don't like, or can't answer the question there is no need to attack me for asking it.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

someguyjc - 29 Oct 2020 10:02 AM

It was more a dig at MC and WU, who are both in the same situation as MV. Also potentially PG as it's unclear whether opponents will be able to cross the border to play.
Roar definitely have a different market and I understand that the stadium issue has probably slowed down their planning around memberships quite a bit.

I’m a fool for getting a city membership but I want to help the club and the league 
Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

paladisious - 29 Oct 2020 8:12 AM
I'm pleasantly surprised that so many have signed up for Victory given the club couldn't know if or how many fans would be allowed in the stadium so were forced to have a complicated system this year where the membership fee doesn't actually include matchday tickets.

The new membership packafe basically elminates 5 game passes so no way will we get anywhere near 25k. It's way too expensive but understandable due to covid. At the moment you are paying 120 just to support the club and have a chance to attend possible games
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 29 Oct 2020 10:44 AM

I’m a fool for getting a city membership but I want to help the club and the league 

Never a fool for that!

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Bocca - 29 Oct 2020 10:53 AM

The new membership packafe basically elminates 5 game passes so no way will we get anywhere near 25k. It's way too expensive but understandable due to covid. At the moment you are paying 120 just to support the club and have a chance to attend possible games

And by the sounds of it to keep your seats/options for the following season?

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Solano
Solano
Fan

Roar in me Blood - 29 Oct 2020 10:54 AM

And by the sounds of it to keep your seats/options for the following season?

That's correct.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Cheeez having a dig when they both finished how far ahead of MV last season with a membership stratergy, whatever makes you feel above them :)

I had reservations re joining coming season due to covid (fixtures/restrictions etc) and all the internal issues especially taking forever with NSD when Clubs have put their hands up, especially PL ones for me that I love supporting them more tbh BUT this is when our game overall needs us to be there.
Rejoined, being a long time member discounted price look forward to the many young ones coming in. 

Love Football

Waz
Waz
Legend

I’m all for having a dig at MC and WU ... you have my full support now 😉
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

It's not a bad option given the amount of uncertainty which still exists.
No crowds for next week's Melb Cup, and they're talking about the Boxing Day test being capped at 25% capacity.
If this continues with Melbourne A-League games, at least those with memberships get first dibs on tickets (25% capacity of AAMI would be about 7,500, which would easily get snapped up by Victory members only).

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search