BDP

Author
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
hounddog - 26 Nov 2020 3:25 PM
Micko - 26 Nov 2020 10:54 AM

Odgen,  Renouf Atoni and Smith likely to make the side.

Doorey, Waddell or Topine likely to be a starting backrower or on the bench.

Lewis or Wakeham likely to be a bench utility.

Not sold on Naps, I hope he has a better 21. When I  look at our squad he needs to play well to get picked in the top 17. Oden and Atoni have more impact in attack, Napa may be a significantly better defender.
Thomo and Hetho good in attack and defence.

I was a big fan of both Ogden and Atoni but they both got worse the more they played. I hope Tbaz can get the best out of them. If he can get them fit in defence they might turn out to be awesome props.

Napa has been decent but not worth the price he is paid. Hopefully Tbaz can find a way to use him that gets the most out of his ability. 

Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Micko - 26 Nov 2020 4:14 PM
hounddog - 26 Nov 2020 3:25 PM

I was a big fan of both Ogden and Atoni but they both got worse the more they played. I hope Tbaz can get the best out of them. If he can get them fit in defence they might turn out to be awesome props.

Napa has been decent but not worth the price he is paid. Hopefully Tbaz can find a way to use him that gets the most out of his ability. 

You guys are forgetting Joe Stimpson who will be a certainty for top 17
He has some good ball skills so if our team can get on a roll-on he can pass at the line and setup some plays.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Marki - 26 Nov 2020 5:04 PM
Micko - 26 Nov 2020 4:14 PM

You guys are forgetting Joe Stimpson who will be a certainty for top 17
He has some good ball skills so if our team can get on a roll-on he can pass at the line and setup some plays.

My wishlist is (was) Tom Starling and Lindsay Collins.

I think Collins will become an awsome no nonsense prop. 
He was one of QLD best in the origin series - particularly game 3
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Marki - 26 Nov 2020 5:06 PM
Marki - 26 Nov 2020 5:04 PM

My wishlist is (was) Tom Starling and Lindsay Collins.

I think Collins will become an awsome no nonsense prop. 
He was one of QLD best in the origin series - particularly game 3

Collins is certainly better than what we have but not much different. I would prefer more dynamic props. One reason why I am a fan of Hetho is his speed, step snd overall skill level. Collins reminds me of Klemmer snd I think the game has gone past those middle forwards. 

Stimson looks like he ate all the pies in the last training session so I’m not sure if he can get back to where he was. But if he drops plenty of kegs he certainly is the dynamic edge or middle we need

Slinky_v1
Slinky_v1
Hacker
Hacker (371 reputation)Hacker (371 reputation)Hacker (371 reputation)Hacker (371 reputation)Hacker (371 reputation)Hacker (371 reputation)Hacker (371 reputation)Hacker (371 reputation)Hacker (371 reputation)Hacker (371 reputation)Hacker (371 reputation)

intrepidarts - 26 Nov 2020 3:06 PM

Rubbish draw. We only get 2 Friday night games. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Micko - 26 Nov 2020 5:39 PM
Marki - 26 Nov 2020 5:06 PM

Collins is certainly better than what we have but not much different. I would prefer more dynamic props. One reason why I am a fan of Hetho is his speed, step snd overall skill level. Collins reminds me of Klemmer snd I think the game has gone past those middle forwards. 

Stimson looks like he ate all the pies in the last training session so I’m not sure if he can get back to where he was. But if he drops plenty of kegs he certainly is the dynamic edge or middle we need

Stimson looked injured to me last year.

Maybe he has lost some speed and they are bluking him up for a middle role.

My first question is if he is injury free, 2nd question is he fit.

If the answers are yes and yes, then he might surprise.

Our team last season wasn't fit enough that includes Odgen and Atoni, if they do get fit they are damaging ball runners  who offer plenty of impact.

Thompson and Hethro should have the fitness and mobility to play long minutes, both offer something in attack especially if we can create opportunities for Thomo to use his speed. 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

hounddog - 26 Nov 2020 7:00 PM
Micko - 26 Nov 2020 5:39 PM

Stimson looked injured to me last year.

A year in the sideline might make you think that, but...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 26 Nov 2020 7:31 PM
hounddog - 26 Nov 2020 7:00 PM

A year in the sideline might make you think that, but...

I thought that was a concidence.🤔
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

The more I think about the forwards next year the more I think Elliot and Jackson both need to be edge forwards. Our attack should be taken care of by the halves if Burton comes early and our backline finally has some strike if we snare the Fox. Both Elliot and Jacko run good lines, have good skills and are two of our best defenders. They could shore up the edges while feeding the backs good ball. 

This also allows RFM to push up the middle. He offers stronger hit ups and a good offload to our middle. With Hetho, Thomo, and hopefully a fitter Napa, Ogden and Atoni we have a more balanced pack. 

Ideal  line up for me would be 

1. Avo
2. Fox
3. Hoppa
4. Cotric
5. JO/DWZ
6. Burton
7. Flange
8. Napa
9. Wakeham/JMK
10. Hetho
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Thomo

14. Wakeham/JMK
15. RFM
16. Ogden
17. Atoni

I still want more speed off that bench???

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Well done James Graham :

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-28/st-helens-snatch-super-league-grand-final-win-in-stunning-finish/12931144

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

^to finish his career with a grand final win....couldn't be happier for him.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

BloodyNora - 28 Nov 2020 12:47 PM
^to finish his career with a grand final win....couldn't be happier for him.

If there’s one bloke on the planet that earned it...
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

dman2018 - 28 Nov 2020 1:29 PM

You guys are forgetting..... the 11th Immortal Lachlan Coote played a big part in that win
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Coote was in Bupa's team, Villi is late to the party...
Edited
4 Years Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

hounddog - 28 Nov 2020 5:18 PM

Coote was in Bupa's team, Villi is late to the party...

Damn... missed it by that much..,
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

After his heroic effort this morning..... let’s salute this little legend & update our profile pics

Edited
4 Years Ago by Villi
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Villi - 28 Nov 2020 7:21 PM
After his heroic effort this morning..... let’s salute this little legend & update our profile pics

That's a bad picture of Jimmy.
intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan
Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)

HERE IT GOES 
#proudtobeabulldog 2021
STARTERS
Meaney
Okunbor
Averillo 
Hopate 
Cotric
Marshall (i can dream)
Flanagan
Napa
Marshall-King
Hertherington
Britt
Jackson
Elliott

BENCH
Smith
Thompson
Stimson/Doorey'
Watene-Zelezniak

Coach - T.Barrett
Faitala-Mariner
Ogden
Atoni
Katoa

Edited
4 Years Ago by intrepidarts
Villi
Villi
Pro

hounddog - 28 Nov 2020 7:40 PM
Villi - 28 Nov 2020 7:21 PM

That's a bad picture of Jimmy.

Hahahaha.... nice one HD
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

intrepidarts - 28 Nov 2020 8:17 PM
HERE IT GOES 
#proudtobeabulldog 2021
STARTERS
Meaney
Okunbor
Averillo 
Hopate 
Cotric
Marshall (i can dream)
Flanagan
Napa
Marshall-King
Hertherington
Britt
Jackson
Elliott

BENCH
Smith
Thompson
Stimson/Doorey'
Watene-Zelezniak

Coach - T.Barrett
Faitala-Mariner
Ogden
Atoni
Katoa

SAQ - not many would have Britt starting RFM, Odgen and Atoni not making the 17.

Micko's team is close to what I would pick.

I would be happy to have Benji end his career at the club, especially if we can't get Burton for 21.

I can even see Benji coming off the bench to play 14.
intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan
Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)

hounddog - 28 Nov 2020 9:38 PM
intrepidarts - 28 Nov 2020 8:17 PM

SAQ - not many would have Britt starting RFM, Odgen and Atoni not making the 17.

Micko's team is close to what I would pick.

I would be happy to have Benji end his career at the club, especially if we can't get Burton for 21.

I can even see Benji coming off the bench to play 14.

Britt can play mate - he needs to have his game simplified to play one diamensionally and then I think we will see the best of him he needs to build confidence in other areas of his game by doing the basics well. 

Can't have Marshall at 14 his too old which would play in our favour at 5/8 he would be control the team and push options with his game simplified now without the expansive Benji Marshall we all were in awe with back in the day. 

I'm happy with my team if the rookie edge doesn't put in they can be swapped with the other side which will complement a veteran rookie combination

I wonder why that Crichton bloke is still in the squad though.. the little winger bloke
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

intrepidarts - 28 Nov 2020 9:47 PM
hounddog - 28 Nov 2020 9:38 PM

Britt can play mate - he needs to have his game simplified to play one diamensionally and then I think we will see the best of him he needs to build confidence in other areas of his game by doing the basics well. 

Can't have Marshall at 14 his too old which would play in our favour at 5/8 he would be control the team and push options with his game simplified now without the expansive Benji Marshall we all were in awe with back in the day. 

I'm happy with my team if the rookie edge doesn't put in they can be swapped with the other side which will complement a veteran rookie combination

I wonder why that Crichton bloke is still in the squad though.. the little winger bloke

Crichton's brother can play a bit, he ( our guy) might be small, but he has a dig.

I am one who thinks Britt might have potential, but he has an unfortunate habit of making a bad mistake at the wrong time. If he gets fitter and cuts down the errors he is sn NRL player.
Edited
4 Years Ago by hounddog
intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan

hounddog - 28 Nov 2020 10:15 PM
intrepidarts - 28 Nov 2020 9:47 PM

Crichton's brother can play a bit, he ( our guy) might be small, but he has a dig.

I am one who thinks Britt might have potential, but he has an unfortunate habit of making a bad mistake at the wrong time. If he gets fitter and cuts down the errors he is sn NRL player.

who puts a god dam 5ft league player on the wing come on mate gotta make those decisions early on hey i don't have the height maybe i should be a half..

plenty going on up top with Britt i reckon needs to stop thinking and start digging in run hard tackle hard - i reckon he knows what he's got to live up to and that effects his decision making atm let it come naturally thats where the errors have come in

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

intrepidarts - 28 Nov 2020 10:28 PM
hounddog - 28 Nov 2020 10:15 PM

who puts a god dam 5ft league player on the wing come on mate gotta make those decisions early on hey i don't have the height maybe i should be a half..

plenty going on up top with Britt i reckon needs to stop thinking and start digging in run hard tackle hard - i reckon he knows what he's got to live up to and that effects his decision making atm let it come naturally thats where the errors have come in

Height  is an issue, a small winger needs to be very good at jumping for the ball.
Edited
4 Years Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Hmmm West Ham v Villa Tuesday morning.... easy 3 points for the lads.

Dman you are pouring drinks for the Villa boys Monday night.

Warm beer and English winter with Covid ... you will love it.
Villi
Villi
Pro

hounddog - 29 Nov 2020 1:11 PM
Hmmm West Ham v Villa Tuesday morning.... easy 3 points for the lads.

Dman you are pouring drinks for the Villa boys Monday night.

Warm beer and English winter with Covid ... you will love it.

Not confident about this game.... Grealish looking a little tired, no Barkley either
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Villi - 29 Nov 2020 2:01 PM
hounddog - 29 Nov 2020 1:11 PM

Not confident about this game.... Grealish looking a little tired, no Barkley either

We might have Antonio back, however it looks like a fairly evenly matched game.

I just think the Villa defence makes more stupid blunders.

If Antonio is back both sides have good attacking threats.

Might be an entertaining game if both sides play for a win.

Hopefully Dman got bail, and is on the flight to Heathrow, we need to tell him crowds are not allowed at the game. Especially rowdy crowds of one.
Edited
4 Years Ago by hounddog
Villi
Villi
Pro

hounddog - 29 Nov 2020 4:11 PM
Villi - 29 Nov 2020 2:01 PM

We might have Antonio back, however it looks like a fairly evenly matched game.

I just think the Villa defence makes more stupid blunders.

If Antonio is back both sides have good attacking threats.

Might be an entertaining game if both sides play for a win.

Hopefully Dman got bail, and is on the flight to Heathrow, we need to tell him crowds are not allowed at the game. Especially rowdy crowds of one.

Mings & Konsa are always good for a howler or two in a game
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Ya's will have dman howling after these soccer posts....

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

BloodyNora - 29 Nov 2020 5:15 PM
Ya's will have dman howling after these soccer posts....

I have reported the posts to admin...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search