Official South Melbourne FC thread

Official South Melbourne FC thread

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I’ve noticed a lot of discussion on south Melbourne in other threads. I think we should limit our discussion in the relevant threads. Admins please close if you don’t want this thread. Cheers 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 22 Dec 2020 10:59 AM
I’ve noticed a lot of discussion on south Melbourne in other threads. I think we should limit our discussion in the relevant threads. Admins please close if you don’t want this thread. Cheers 

How DARE you try and box my in with your fascisto-monarchic rules??? I am an element of anarchy and chaos.. I will NOT be confined to one thread... blah blah blah ......
Cheers mate, all the best with your season ahead, I hope the COVID malarkey doesn't spoil the season and for your sake a decent result next year for the Mighty Dandenong City Group :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you :)
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

This thread is for Melbourne City right? 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Waz - 22 Dec 2020 4:49 PM
This thread is for Melbourne City right? 

C+ good attempt but Waz must try harder in baiting class :)

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Opah Hellaaassss.oi oi oi !!!!
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 22 Dec 2020 4:39 PM

How DARE you try and box my in with your fascisto-monarchic rules??? I am an element of anarchy and chaos.. I will NOT be confined to one thread... blah blah blah ......
Cheers mate, all the best with your season ahead, I hope the COVID malarkey doesn't spoil the season and for your sake a decent result next year for the Mighty Dandenong City Group :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you :)

Haha merry Christmas to you too it’s good to have some banter where nobody gets pissed off it’s a rare thing these days. Looking forward to the npl season as well 👍 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 23 Dec 2020 7:01 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 22 Dec 2020 4:39 PM

Haha merry Christmas to you too it’s good to have some banter where nobody gets pissed off it’s a rare thing these days. Looking forward to the npl season as well 👍 

Merry Christmas mate, see you at Lakeside, I owe you a beer or two :)
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 Dec 2020 10:24 AM
Melbcityguy - 23 Dec 2020 7:01 AM

Merry Christmas mate, see you at Lakeside, I owe you a beer or two :)

with Ouzo chasers, might turn him into a greek SMH supporter after all :)

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 23 Dec 2020 10:29 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 23 Dec 2020 10:24 AM

with Ouzo chasers, might turn him into a greek SMH supporter after all :)

🇬🇷👍
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

NPL fixture is out.... 1st round OV against the Bergers..,,.,, 
https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1341602076174905344
Nice weather, brand new stadium and a decent souvlaki, omfg two whole months....I cant wait.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Haha that was class do you have the link for the full fixture?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 23 Dec 2020 9:17 PM
Haha that was class do you have the link for the full fixture?

https://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-10178-0-0-0&a=COMPS

Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

I don't think it's a wise move having the A-League playing at the same time as the NPL and the juniors. Something got to give and it will be the A-League that will suffer a further drop in attendances.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

If you want a good Greek feed go to the club that Hellas steals their players from, Northcote City. 
Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

What a futile effort to stifle constructive conversation
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Nunya - 24 Dec 2020 6:26 PM
What a futile effort to stifle constructive conversation

Who uses the word futile haha 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 24 Dec 2020 4:04 PM
If you want a good Greek feed go to the club that Hellas steals their players from, Northcote City. 

Some of the players we steal cant keep their fingers to themselves so we send them back. ☝️🤗.. not wrong on the souvas though. Ours where shitty last year hope to see improvements......

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Atlas - 24 Dec 2020 2:30 PM
I don't think it's a wise move having the A-League playing at the same time as the NPL and the juniors. Something got to give and it will be the A-League that will suffer a further drop in attendances.

Hey this isnt a bad shout actually.  I feel like there are quite a few that would ordinarly go A league in Summer and NPL winter, now with travel restrictions sure to f#ck up any chance of away days I think a lot more will be chasing their NPL club around their home city grounds, Will be interesting to see how crowds compare in Feb when both comps will be running. 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 24 Dec 2020 10:42 PM

Some of the players we steal cant keep their fingers to themselves so we send them back. ☝️🤗.. not wrong on the souvas though. Ours where shitty last year hope to see improvements......

:) 
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

You mean SMFC reserves 😉
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Just on the food thing ... how can you tell the Greek Team at the world cup... ????

There the team at the canteen walking backwards when holding their trays... [in case you don't understand walking back constantly defending never attacking]..

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Midfielder - 27 Dec 2020 1:37 AM
Just on the food thing ... how can you tell the Greek Team at the world cup... ????

There the team at the canteen walking backwards when holding their trays... [in case you don't understand walking back constantly defending never attacking]..

Lately they have former A League Legend gaffa JVS!!! Still alittle ordinary.
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

MSC

Be interested in two things from you.

1] Your top 3 players SM have ever  had, must have played for at least one full season, no guest players on short  term contracts.

2] Your first 11, again must have played at least a season i.e. no guest players on short term contracts..

Cheers
Edited
4 Years Ago by Midfielder
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

They are our sister club. Agree on the feed.

South must have the worst social club service going around, they run the joint like a restaurant when all people want is food ready to go. Hopefully fixed for the upcoming season.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

At least you got away with this, in the past moderators have moved this type of thread to State Leagues.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Midfielder - 27 Dec 2020 1:37 AM

Hahaha very funny, and whats next are you going to tell me that they cant win a game because every time they get a corner they open a fish and chip shop? Hahahaha 🤗
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Midfielder - 27 Dec 2020 11:40 AM
MSC

Be interested in two things from you.

1] Your top 3 players SM have ever  had, must have played for at least one full season, no guest players on short  term contracts.

2] Your first 11, again must have played at least a season i.e. no guest players on short term contracts..

Cheers

Thats a very hard question to answer middie. And a purely subjective one obviously. Over 60 seasons and I think at last count 50 soccerroos and at least a dozen other internationals its not easy to pick. Plus i am not old enough to have seen some of the older legends play as my earliest memories of Middle Park are say from 83_84 onwards... Anecdotally I remember Angie Postecoglous debut as one of my early memories, coming on for Alan Davidson who had swallowed his tongue and turned blue right in front of me..... exciting stuff for a young lad to see.
Anyway, my all time 3 favourite players, who incidentally never had the Socceroos careers I felt they deserved are Paul Trimboli,  Con Boutsianis and Mehmet Durakovic.  As for best ever 11, take your pick...
https://www.smfc.com.au/hallofchampions/

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Arthur - 27 Dec 2020 2:58 PM

At least you got away with this, in the past moderators have moved this type of thread to State Leagues.

No we are part of an approved geographic football zone now....  I think we are supposed to support Melbourne City or something??? 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Dec 2020 10:59 PM
Midfielder - 27 Dec 2020 11:40 AM

Thats a very hard question to answer middie. And a purely subjective one obviously. Over 60 seasons and I think at last count 50 soccerroos and at least a dozen other internationals its not easy to pick. Plus i am not old enough to have seen some of the older legends play as my earliest memories of Middle Park are say from 83_84 onwards... Anecdotally I remember Angie Postecoglous debut as one of my early memories, coming on for Alan Davidson who had swallowed his tongue and turned blue right in front of me..... exciting stuff for a young lad to see.
Anyway, my all time 3 favourite players, who incidentally never had the Socceroos careers I felt they deserved are Paul Trimboli,  Con Boutsianis and Mehmet Durakovic.  As for best ever 11, take your pick...
https://www.smfc.com.au/hallofchampions/

Just on Boutsi, it was his birthday yesterday apparently, thanks for the memories legend:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SQzSU56XGeU 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1343080224041226240
Wnpl vic now confirmed 8 x teams 3 x round each ficture. How franchisy huh?.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search