Australian News/Events Thread

Australian News/Events Thread

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
mcjules - 15 Apr 2021 11:12 PM
I've tried to understand this dancing story but I just can't. I see right wing people blaming "woke" left wing people and left wing people blaming right wing people. Now the ABC are getting criticised.
The whole thing just feels like lame culture war shit that people seem to love getting outraged over.

I'm a big fan of the ABC but here they've shot themselves in the foot big time by allowing a giant free kick to whomever had a gripe with them.

And in this case it's justified.

Member since 2008.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Munrubenmuz - 16 Apr 2021 7:30 AM
mcjules - 15 Apr 2021 11:12 PM

I'm a big fan of the ABC but here they've shot themselves in the foot big time by allowing a giant free kick to whomever had a gripe with them.

And in this case it's justified.

They made a mistake in including the footage of people that weren't there while the performance was going on but you can see how that could happen. They had a single camera operator there and they can't film in 2 directions at once. The person doing the editing doesn't have the context to know that people arrived later.
It's not great but it's not the high crime that its being made out to be in my opinion, as always those that get the most outraged about this are the ones that get so worked up about cancel culture etc.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

All those people worshipping at the altar of Saint Gladys must have their heads spinning this morning after yesterday's revelations.

Today's testimony will be interesting.

Member since 2008.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 29 Oct 2021 10:34 AM
All those people worshipping at the altar of Saint Gladys must have their heads spinning this morning after yesterday's revelations.

It's piss funny.  The transcript speaks in black and white clearly.  Those ICAC lawyers just lead people up the garden path and even allow them the chance to redeem themselves however then they skewer them.  

GB: You don’t see it, I don’t want to argue with you, I just need to go and chill because you’ve stressed me out.

DM: Alright I’ll go and chill, you just throw money at Wagga

GB: I’ll throw money at Wagga, lots of it, don’t you worry about that.

GB: I’ll throw money at Wagga you just have to do what’s right on you end otherwise you’l kill me

DM: No no its’ fine I’m batting for ya. You just need to know what the right things are to throw money at in Wagga

GB: I already know, you’ve already told me the top three things

DM: You need to go and give them a stadium

GB: I’ll do that, I’ll do that too

DM: Well the bureaucrats knocked us all out

GB: But yes I can over rule them

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 29 Oct 2021 10:34 AM

Mate, she's just had a dickhead boyfriend! Unlucky in love! /s

But the cult is concerning.
Muz
Muz
Legend

Facebook not giving 2 fucks.

https://www.smh.com.au/technology/facebook-s-absurd-position-shows-its-disdain-for-australia-20220506-p5ajak.html

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Not before time.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/voluntary-assisted-dying-legalised-in-nsw-20220519-p5amo0.html

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Speaking of own goals.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-20/craig-mclachlan-applies-drops-defamation-case/101085010

Member since 2008.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

what a drop kick that bloke is.........glad he's looking the fool he's always been for all to see.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I've been led to believe this will take another 18mths to formalise - even though so long overdue and finally.

Love Football

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

How's this energy debacle and rising costs.

FFS. We are one of the largest providers of resources - there is NO supply issue - it's greedy privatisation. We have more than enough for our people. Intersting toi see other countries write it into contracts that their national supply must stay at certain levels for prices to remain low....but not our greedy morons. 

And if only we'd transitioned 20 years ago like we were warned....
Muz
Muz
Legend

tsf - 8 Jun 2022 1:15 PM
How's this energy debacle and rising costs.

FFS. We are one of the largest providers of resources - there is NO supply issue - it's greedy privatisation. We have more than enough for our people. Intersting toi see other countries write it into contracts that their national supply must stay at certain levels for prices to remain low....but not our greedy morons. 

And if only we'd transitioned 20 years ago like we were warned....

W.A. has it sorted which is what every state should have done. Yep here's your gas/mining/oil whatever license BUT you have to set aside X% for the plebs.

I mean FFS they're digging it up from our country after all. 

Member since 2008.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 8 Jun 2022 1:29 PM
tsf - 8 Jun 2022 1:15 PM

W.A. has it sorted which is what every state should have done. Yep here's your gas/mining/oil whatever license BUT you have to set aside X% for the plebs.

I mean FFS they're digging it up from our country after all. 

Exactly. I'm sick of the 'but it creates X amount of jobs if we don't restrict multi nationals' or the 'but it will spook investment' when it's our shit. 

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

So Murdoch media has been banging on about ABC (followed by minions on the interwebs) and google etc...but what? They are desperately trying to stop a judicial enquiry intop media diversity and ownership? Hang on, but surely this would confirm everything they've been telling us as gospel?

What better way to be proven right for news corp? Unless....
tsf
tsf
Legend

For people who are all about the truth they sure have a funny way of trying to cover it up 

Today, Seven is paying 16 million just so they don't have to show their emails, on top of another 18 or so BRS is meant to fork out:

Seven West Media chairman Kerry Stokes has capitulated and agreed to pay the multimillion-dollar costs of the Ben Roberts-Smith defamation litigation, in a move that stops communications between the former soldier’s lawyers and his chief supporters at Seven from being made public.At a surprise hearing in the Federal Court on Monday, lawyers for Stokes said their client had agreed to pay The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald’s legal costs – estimated at more than $16 million – on an indemnity basis, which covers a higher proportion of a costs bill than the standard order.

[/quote]

Muz
Muz
Legend

Typical marxist post as usual by tsf. (Lowercase.)

Member since 2008.

tsf
tsf
Legend

Federal Labor frontbencher Ed Husic has described Israel’s military action in Gaza as “very disproportionate”, declaring that children “are not Hamas” and should not bear such a heavy impact from the war.Husic, the industry minister, said on Tuesday that Australians should be free to express concerns about the loss of innocent life in Gaza without being “professionally blacklisted”.Husic, who has previously said he believed innocent Palestinians were being collectively punished, called on Israel to find a “much more strategic and precise way to hold Hamas to account”.He warned that Israel risked harming its long-term security interests.
Israeli soldiers take positions near the Gaza border.Gaza ceasefire negotiations unlikely to restart for weeks, diplomats sayRead more

Husic, one of the first Muslim ministers in the Australian parliament, said the Hamas attack was “truly horrific” and the group’s targeting of civilians was “rightly condemned” but he said his previous fear that “innocent Palestinians would pay truly too heavy a price” in Israel’s response was “exactly what we’ve seen”.Husic said the UN had stated that women and children accounted for nearly 70% of deaths in Gaza. “It has been very disproportionate and I think is something that frankly is not helping Israel longer term,” 

The federal opposition leader, Peter Dutton, immediately criticised Husic on Tuesday, arguing the minister’s comments were “ill-considered” and “offensive” 

Ha! So what, he should say "more kids should be killed"? amazing how Mr free speech anti cancel culture finds such a level-headed statement as offensive. Absolute hypocritical crybabies...or should we say...snowflakes
Edited
5 Months Ago by tsf
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf - 13 Dec 2023 10:44 AM
Federal Labor frontbencher Ed Husic has described Israel’s military action in Gaza as “very disproportionate”, declaring that children “are not Hamas” and should not bear such a heavy impact from the war.Husic, the industry minister, said on Tuesday that Australians should be free to express concerns about the loss of innocent life in Gaza without being “professionally blacklisted”.Husic, who has previously said he believed innocent Palestinians were being collectively punished, called on Israel to find a “much more strategic and precise way to hold Hamas to account”.He warned that Israel risked harming its long-term security interests.
Israeli soldiers take positions near the Gaza border.Gaza ceasefire negotiations unlikely to restart for weeks, diplomats sayRead more

Husic, one of the first Muslim ministers in the Australian parliament, said the Hamas attack was “truly horrific” and the group’s targeting of civilians was “rightly condemned” but he said his previous fear that “innocent Palestinians would pay truly too heavy a price” in Israel’s response was “exactly what we’ve seen”.Husic said the UN had stated that women and children accounted for nearly 70% of deaths in Gaza. “It has been very disproportionate and I think is something that frankly is not helping Israel longer term,” 

The federal opposition leader, Peter Dutton, immediately criticised Husic on Tuesday, arguing the minister’s comments were “ill-considered” and “offensive” 

Ha! So what, he should say "more kids should be killed"? amazing how Mr free speech anti cancel culture finds such a level-headed statement as offensive. Absolute hypocritical crybabies...or should we say...snowflakes

I still dont understand, if Hamas, as an elected political party of Gaza, is a legitimate political party (as claimed by only Turkey and Iran), a freedom fighting independence movement or rabid civilian killing dogs?

If there is such a clear difference between Hamas and the civilians living in Palestine then why are surrounding Muslim nations (who I would presume to be at least sympathetic) allowing them to at least flee to their countries?... Surely its not economic reasons as UN would house. clothe and feed them? 

"Egypt, which shares a border with Gaza, continues to enjoy the full support of other Gulf states, including over its refusal to take refugees from the territory. A dozen UN ambassadors, organised by the UAE and Egypt, travelled to the border to see for themselves the flow of aid into Gaza."

tsf
tsf
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 13 Dec 2023 2:08 PM
tsf - 13 Dec 2023 10:44 AM

I still dont understand, if Hamas, as an elected political party of Gaza, is a legitimate political party (as claimed by only Turkey and Iran), a freedom fighting independence movement or rabid civilian killing dogs?

If there is such a clear difference between Hamas and the civilians living in Palestine then why are surrounding Muslim nations (who I would presume to be at least sympathetic) allowing them to at least flee to their countries?... Surely its not economic reasons as UN would house. clothe and feed them? 

"Egypt, which shares a border with Gaza, continues to enjoy the full support of other Gulf states, including over its refusal to take refugees from the territory. A dozen UN ambassadors, organised by the UAE and Egypt, travelled to the border to see for themselves the flow of aid into Gaza."

Palestine is a convenient problem for Middle eastern regimes. keeps their people occupied and happy if their leaders do a little. If Palestine went away, those people will want their freedom next.

Also, Egypt shouldn't take them imo. The second those people leave Israel takes all their land/
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf - 13 Dec 2023 4:24 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 13 Dec 2023 2:08 PM

Palestine is a convenient problem for Middle eastern regimes. keeps their people occupied and happy if their leaders do a little. If Palestine went away, those people will want their freedom next.

Also, Egypt shouldn't take them imo. The second those people leave Israel takes all their land/

Yeah its a valid fear I agree..... And I dont agree they should be displaced either.... All the so called Arab good neighbours however are playing both sides against the middle. They DONT want Hamas in their own countries (see Jordan and Egypts troubles with insurgencies last time a Palestinian influx came) they DONT want to destabilise the political climate with Isreal but they DO WANT to be seen as holy Muslim Allies... its all just praying on the lives of these poor lost souls in Gaza.... it shits me to tears. 

People in the  West should shut the fuck about it either way... we have NO IDEA what is going on. 
tsf
tsf
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 13 Dec 2023 4:53 PM
tsf - 13 Dec 2023 4:24 PM

People in the  West should shut the fuck about it either way... we have NO IDEA what is going on. 

I saw a statement that the US is concerned by reports that Israel is using white Phosphrus...that the US sold them!

Like an article from The Onion.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 13 Dec 2023 5:06 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 13 Dec 2023 4:53 PM

I saw a statement that the US is concerned by reports that Israel is using white Phosphrus...that the US sold them!

Like an article from The Onion.

Yeah THATS the problem, sending Markava tanks in to fight against RPGs and anti-tank weapons literally made in someones basement and fueled by petrol or LPG is isnt barbaric enough??? 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search