The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Viking Roos lost  4-1 to lillestrom

Gianni played 88 mins as a cb 

Bell from new Zealand played a full match 

Daggers played the second half and yazbek didn't get off the bench.

I wish they were doing a bit better with all the Aussies they have there but it seems they have dropped off from last season 
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

grazorblade - 16 May 2024 9:08 PM
Quicky - 16 May 2024 9:04 PM

i was counting hof as a 10 but indeed he can play 6 or 8

I'd like to see Hof in the team somewhere.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Middlesbrough local rag wrote this about Sammy 

Described as a low-risk gamble by Boro officials when he signed from Central Coast Mariners last summer, Silvera showed flashes of potential in his first season but proved raw to say the least. However, this first year was intended to be a season of learning for him and he was never really intended to play as many minutes as he did. That he played more than fellow forwards Riley McGree and Marcus Forss says a lot

No news on mcgree at the moment but Glover is rumored to be leaving 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Quicky - 16 May 2024 9:04 PM
grazorblade - 16 May 2024 3:52 PM

I'd go:
1. O'Neill
2. Nieuwenhof
3. Baccus
4. Francois
5. Devlin

Would have no issue with Irvine in the role either. 

i was counting hof as a 10 but indeed he can play 6 or 8
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

dr. bellows - 16 May 2024 4:55 PM

According to Hibs supporters, Triantis has been a revelation in midfield after initially signing as cb cover. Again rated on of Hibs best in 3-0 overnight win. For last few months, Baccus has mostly been coming off the bench but apparently played well overnight when given start. Hearts fans seem to be forming the view that Devlin is a better 8 than 6. Been rated MOM or close to it in recent performances. I don't like Nisbet at 6. 8 or 10 for me.

interesting that triantis seems to be have been dropped by monty and brought back by his replacement (assuming he wasn't injured). He does look like he was one of the best players too
Quicky
Quicky
Rising Star
Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)

Despite getting motm last game i wondèr if baccus is in a bit of trouble for the 6 role

Best to worst form imo

1. Oniell (injured)
2. Francois
3. Devlin
4. Baccus
5. Triantis

Nisbet and balard are options there too

I'd go:
1. O'Neill
2. Nieuwenhof
3. Baccus
4. Francois
5. Devlin

Would have no issue with Irvine in the role either. 
dr. bellows
dr. bellows
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Despite getting motm last game i wondèr if baccus is in a bit of trouble for the 6 role

Best to worst form imo

1. Oniell (injured)
2. Francois
3. Devlin
4. Baccus
5. Triantis

According to Hibs supporters, Triantis has been a revelation in midfield after initially signing as cb cover. Again rated on of Hibs best in 3-0 overnight win. For last few months, Baccus has mostly been coming off the bench but apparently played well overnight when given start. Hearts fans seem to be forming the view that Devlin is a better 8 than 6. Been rated MOM or close to it in recent performances. I don't like Nisbet at 6. 8 or 10 for me.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

SoccerooFan - 16 May 2024 7:44 AM
grazorblade - 16 May 2024 7:00 AM

Bit of a worry that both Strain & Atkinson didn't get on the field, as they are everyone's top 2 RBs for the Roos.
90 mins for Francois & another win to avoid relegation - he played a major role in them staying up.

Season rounding up with rotation and rest. Nothing much to worry about. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Best to worst form imo

1. Oniell (injured)
2. Francois
3. Devlin
4. Baccus
5. Triantis

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

SoccerooFan - 16 May 2024 7:44 AM

Bit of a worry that both Strain & Atkinson didn't get on the field, as they are everyone's top 2 RBs for the Roos.
90 mins for Francois & another win to avoid relegation - he played a major role in them staying up.

Gee francois has made a difference to the team. He might be an outside chance of playing for fulham next season
Quicky
Quicky
Rising Star
Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)

Boyle with a brace for Hibs v Motherwell. 
Edited
2 days ago @ 10:20 AM by Quicky
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Baccus devlin rowles and triantis started

Boyle with 2 goals, devlin with an assist and baccus fotmob motm

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Baccus devlin rowles and triantis started

Boyle with 2 goals, devlin with an assist and baccus fotmob motm
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

https://www.kicker.de/trainingsstart-ohne-irvine-wegen-hochzeits-panne-1025056/artikel

Irvine had a 2 day bender after promotion that he and his partner forgot their passports for their wedding in Denmark. Much easier to do it there due to all the German red tape. 
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)

Tete has scored from a penalty despite although Kelly the usual penalty taker.
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)

Tete Yengi is putting him self about against Aberdeen, decent tireless runs but isolated when running the channels, some great hold up play, working hard defensively, will probably pickup a card second half.
Probably hoping to get a move away from the club.
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Laws & Mabil both played the full 90 in an important win. Currently sitting in the relegation playoff position, but 2 wins to finish the season should be enough. Mabil with an assist as well. 
mark_000au
mark_000au
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Duke's winning goal in extra time
https://x.com/FcMachidaZelvia/status/1790730122875871499?s=09

SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro

Everyone's favourite Striker, Mitch Duke, scores the winner to keep his team 2nd on the ladder. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Melbcityguy - 15 May 2024 10:24 PM
Mikael Doka: “I love my country [Brazil] too and I think it’s the best national team in the world. But if they don’t want me, it’s not that Australia is second choice. If I am here and the Australian team comes to me first – I’m going there.” [
@aleaguemen
]

4 more years until citizenship would it be? I still don't get the idea we're in crisis mode at right back. We've got Strain who has been good every time he's played but for those injuries. Atkinson holds his own in bigger games. We've got some good young ones coming through plus Deng in an emergency.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Mikael Doka: “I love my country [Brazil] too and I think it’s the best national team in the world. But if they don’t want me, it’s not that Australia is second choice. If I am here and the Australian team comes to me first – I’m going there.” [
@aleaguemen
]

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Deng played a full match in a 3-1 win against kewells Yokohama 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Quicky - 14 May 2024 7:25 PM
Barca4Life - 14 May 2024 6:31 PM

He'll be back in the A-League soon you'd think. 

It would not surprise me, talented coach. 
Quicky
Quicky
Rising Star

ddavies - 14 May 2024 7:54 AM
Seb Esposito (Lecce) made the Serie A squad for the third time this season, sitting on the pine.  Has played nearly 1500 minutes for their Primavera team this season.

Good on him. We have s lot of good CBs coming through. 
Quicky
Quicky
Rising Star

Barca4Life - 14 May 2024 6:31 PM
Monty just got sacked by Hibs, interesting timing in the last month of the season though. 

He'll be back in the A-League soon you'd think. 
Quicky
Quicky
Rising Star

Bunch of Hacks - 12 May 2024 5:14 PM
mark_000au - 11 May 2024 10:34 PM

I'm a celtic fan so watch and follow the SPFL .. the issue for Kuol is he went to a side that didn't use wingers. Played a 2 up front at that time. As pointed out was stupidly started at DM by his manager 1 game.. basically his manager didn't know how to use him and played a system that didn't suit him. Now at Volendam he was a starter in a 433 but the coach who brought him in was sacked and replaced by a guy who put him on the bench and again changed system not to use outside wingers. He needs to goto a club that plays genuine wingers 

This. I still think he'd go okay in the Eredivisie at the right club. League 1, Belgium, Switzerland could all be good too. But he needs the right club and system. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monty just got sacked by Hibs, interesting timing in the last month of the season though. 
ddavies
ddavies
Super Fan
Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)

Seb Esposito (Lecce) made the Serie A squad for the third time this season, sitting on the pine.  Has played nearly 1500 minutes for their Primavera team this season.
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Under-pressure head coach Nick Montgomery remains "confident" he retains the support of the Hibernian hierarchy despite the "embarrassing" 4-0 Scottish Premiership loss to Aberdeen.

Montgomery was told by the Hibs board last month that results and performances must improve - but the hosts were easily swept aside as Aberdeen recorded a third straight win.

Stunning strikes from Leighton Clarkson and Dante Polvara had the Dons comfortably ahead at the break before Bojan Miovski and 16-year-old debutant Fletcher Boyd completed a hammering.

Aberdeen move seventh, top of the bottom six, while Hibs slip to ninth.

"I had the backing of the club and we just missed out on the top six," said Montgomery.

"That's obviously difficult but with that comes a lot of scrutiny, a lot of pressure, a lot of negativity. People have taken many different things from that statement. The players are going to feel what they're going to feel.

"I'm confident. The club's in a transition. Nothing's changed since that statement came out."

Capac
Capac
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Bovalina was on the bench in the MLS but didn't get on. He went on to start for the reserves and played 58 minutes. Got subbed for a midfielder. 

Hibs got smashed 4-0 and ate in 9th place now. Boyle played the full game and triantis didn't get on. 

Rowles and Devlin started for hearts who have 3rd secured. 

Strain started at RWB for St Mirren and baccus came on again. 

Will be interesting to see if Scotlands love affair with Australian continues or if it's subsiding. 

Also not sure if it was mentioned but Westerlos game vs Standard Liege was called off after Liege fans blocked off the training centre which meant the players couldn't get to the game. They're protesting 777 ownership. Liege recently got blocked from summer transfers because the club didn't provide proof of payments to the league. This can be fixed up easily but would be interesting to see what happens especially for O'Neill when he is fit again. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search