Matildas Olympic campaign

Matildas Olympic campaign

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
What a fucking corker

Member since 2008.

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Not a bad goal

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Gielnick quality

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

3-4 now. We can do it 

In a resort somewhere

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Here we go. Alex Morgan dogging it. Get up or get off.

Member since 2008.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Morgan faking a hammy even though she just came on smh
Muz
Muz
Legend

What a joke, she just came on.
This ref needs to add a full 2 minutes here.

Member since 2008.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Games person ship from Morgan

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

dirkvanadidas - 5 Aug 2021 7:51 PM

This is why the world hates you US Womens team.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Morgan looking up at the clock while ambling off.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Clock needs to go to at least the 96th minute now or there should be an official complaint.
chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Game is just a mess, very tired.
Muz
Muz
Legend

Created more in the last 2 minutes then the whole game.

Yeah yeah blame the ref. Not all the fuck ups and poor tactics.

Players are so dumb. That last call was 100% correct.

Member since 2008.

Edited
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

WTF is with this ref. Corner for the last play and then whistle?
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 5 Aug 2021 7:54 PM
Created more in the last 2 minutes then the whole game.

Yeah yeah blame the ref. Not all the fuck ups and poor tactics.

Players are so dumb. That last call was 100% correct.

It was probably time, but the ref should have let the corner be taken.
chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Little effort and structure went to shit.
Muz
Muz
Legend

Righto to be fair the US were better. Not because they were better but because we shot ourselves in the foot on multiple occasions.

Member since 2008.

Edited
Muz
Muz
Legend

Burztur - 5 Aug 2021 7:57 PM
Munrubenmuz - 5 Aug 2021 7:54 PM

It was probably time, but the ref should have let the corner be taken.

Fowler kicked the US girl. Foul.

Member since 2008.

Edited
chondro
chondro
Pro

Tony sort ran most players into the ground, not manyplayers used in the tournament
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

Then after she went off it took the US a whole minute to take 2 throw in. 
Then the shitty foul against Catley that went the wrong way. 
Then the non corner "due to time"

Having said that the matildas were rubbish for 80 minutes. 
They were lucky to be there though,  but they just don't give up,  something the guys could learn. 
The next couple of years for the women will be tough I think. 
jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

This olympics has taught me that we are developing players (men and women)  that are as skilful as the rest of the world, but we really struggle with confidence and handling any sort of pressure. Olyroos vs Egypt in a crunch game just sat back because we were too afraid to attack and didnt have confidence. And the Matildas tonight just make colossal mistake after colossal mistake which i think was a mix of fatigue and pressure 

Muz
Muz
Legend

Just say gamesmanship.

The girls I ref yell out 'man on' all the time. In fact I've never heard them say anything else.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

scubaroo - 5 Aug 2021 8:01 PM

Then after she went off it took the US a whole minute to take 2 throw in. 
Then the shitty foul against Catley that went the wrong way. 
Then the non corner "due to time"

Having said that the matildas were rubbish for 80 minutes. 
They were lucky to be there though,  but they just don't give up,  something the guys could learn. 
The next couple of years for the women will be tough I think. 

Wasn't a corner mate. Fowler kicked the Amercian girl going for the shot. The ref was correct.

Member since 2008.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Van Egmond gave the US the ball more than 20 times. No exaggeration - every time she did it I said "F'ing Van Egmond gives the ball to the US" and I got tired of saying it. Almost every successful pass she did was backwards and often there was an option to either turn or play forwards. She single handedly killed our attacking opportunities through the middle.

Kennedy showed the weakness that she always is; making total f@ck ups at some point in games that cost goals. Not content to do it just once tonight though.

Put any other two players on for these two and we would have been twice the team we were tonight.

Arm gnawingly frustrating to watch what had the potential to be a great team play so poorly. We could have owned the US tonight based on the few minutes we got our attacks together.

Polks just did not have the recovery in her legs to play out the tournament. Total legend, but 2 games too many for her to play her best.

A lot of players had poor games tonight. Good moments; great moments; crap moments. The crap moments won out.

I write that game off and look back to the great effort the Tillies made at these games. Last game does not count - swan song for too many players meant we did not see what the team really could do with the chance.

Well done team (with notable exceptions who may have been referred to previously in this post) - you did us proud these olympics. More work to do to prepare for the World Cup; but plenty of talent and quality now free to come through the clutter of incumbent players.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

PS. Who kept picking them?

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

chondro
chondro
Pro

cb stocks ain’t great but kennedy is clearly current #1
polks gone..
Stocks- mccormick, checker, king, Tobin, mcnamara, prior, heatley, tumeth, Chauvet, Wallhead, Nash etc etc
Edited
3 Years Ago by chondro
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Missed the second half. Good to see them fight for a win to the very end, unlike the Arnie and his team chasing a bullshit draw…

We should definitely be proud of the Matildas, should’ve won the semi then who knows. I guess that sums up Australian Football “should've”. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I feel its another missed opportunity, to be fair we looked second best and the 4-3 scoreline flattered us but I cant criticise the girls fighting spirit and attitude to not give up but attitude alone won't be enough if this generation wants to remembered for being a successful one.
Absolutely proud they have lifted the women's game to new level but being the best generation ever they need to achieve something great to leave a legacy for future generations.

The World Cup in two years is a perfect place to do it, firstly they need more depth as the current squad isnt enough in defensive and in midfield but secondly which is important is to evolve their playing style because a transitional game with little emphasis in controlling games will be not enough against the stronger sides.
I feel to achieve something special at the World Cup we need the ability to control games when the tempo slows down and you need a stronger tactical footprint but also players that have the technical and tactical capacity to do this.
Do we have the players and coach to this? Not sure but what we have won't be enough.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

jaymz - 5 Aug 2021 8:08 PM
This olympics has taught me that we are developing players (men and women)  that are as skilful as the rest of the world, but we really struggle with confidence and handling any sort of pressure. Olyroos vs Egypt in a crunch game just sat back because we were too afraid to attack and didnt have confidence. And the Matildas tonight just make colossal mistake after colossal mistake which i think was a mix of fatigue and pressure 

Not sure if our girls have the technical capacity to be honest, we lack players that control the tempo of the game. (Katrina Gorry would have been useful as she could do this)

We rely alot in transition with our speed but this alone isnt enough against the stronger sides.

Only a few have the technical level such as Foord, Fowler, Cooney Cross but we need more players like these going forward.
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

How many of us would’ve taken fourth before the tournament? I know I would have. There were some good bits and bad bits, but overall a great effort from the girls. 

Two years to go until a tournament on home ground with a few improvements to make and hopefully a few stars to uncover.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search