World Politics/Global Events

World Politics/Global Events

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Munrubenmuz - 23 Aug 2021 11:51 AM
The Balkans make the Israel / Palestine thingo look like a mild disagreement between mates about whether sauce should be kept in the fridge or not.

Staying well out if this.

Thats what Clinton should have said .... on more than one occasion.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 23 Aug 2021 12:14 PM
Munrubenmuz - 23 Aug 2021 11:51 AM

I'm married to a bosnian and she even goes bosnia is still very much divided . 

Visited Bosnia. Beautiful country but politically what a mess. This little excerpt out of wiki gives you a taster.

Bosnia and Herzegovina has a bicameral legislature and a three-member Presidency composed of a member of each major ethnic group. However, the central government's power is highly limited, as the country is largely decentralized and comprises two autonomous entities: the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republika Srpska, with a third unit, the Brčko District, governed under local government. The Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina further more consists of 10 cantons.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina

Makes the current Qld, Vic, NSW border thing look like a walk in the park.

Member since 2008.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 Aug 2021 2:28 PM
Burztur - 23 Aug 2021 1:24 PM
Hahahahahhahah thats a good one :)

Yup. That's not gonna happen :)
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-03/xi-jinpings-government-turns-against-capitalism-fame-and-tutors/100421752

It takes a tremendous amount of political power to successfully destroy millions of jobs and bankrupt large companies with a single decision.And it takes an even more extraordinary level of power, unseen in modern times, for those most affected to stay publicly silent about it. And yet that's where Xi Jinping's China is at. Last month, with a sudden, jarring policy announcement designed to ease the financial burden on families paying for extra tuition for children, he decimated the country's private tutoring sector that is estimated to employ 10 million people.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/china-bans-effeminate-men-tv-in-cultural-crackdown-1234826648/

The China TV regulators called for “resolutely put an end to sissy men and other abnormal aesthetics,” using an insulting slang term for effeminate men — “niang pao,” or literally, “girlie guns.”

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Australia should ban top knots, man buns and skinny jeans on blokes. ;)

Member since 2008.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 3 Sep 2021 10:00 AM
Australia should ban top knots, man buns and skinny jeans on blokes. ;)

Just imagine the footy players who would riot 😀😀
Muz
Muz
Legend

Poor Enzo.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9992715/US-Soccer-Federation-offer-identical-contracts-mens-womens-national-teams.html

US Soccer Federation offer identical contracts to their men's and women's national teams after Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe led a gender discrimination lawsuit over equal pay

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

In mind boggling news the Us's war in Afghanistan cost $300 million a day for 20 years.

Mind blowing stuff.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-47391821

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hanktucker/2021/08/16/the-war-in-afghanistan-cost-america-300-million-per-day-for-20-years-with-big-bills-yet-to-come/?sh=3e7f216d7f8d

Member since 2008.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 17 Sep 2021 6:34 AM

Imagine using a non-military strategy with that amount of cash?

But shares in weapon's companies and military contractors would not go through the roof. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
tsf - 17 Sep 2021 12:01 PM

How would party donors profit though?
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

But shares in weapon's companies and military contractors would not go through the roof. 

It's pretty much a dollar a day for almost every man, woman and child in the US. Just like those charities which say a dollar a day can change a life! 

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Burztur - 17 Sep 2021 1:49 PM

It's pretty much a dollar a day for almost every man, woman and child in the US. Just like those charities which say a dollar a day can change a life! 

Er the evacuation was of mainly Non Govenrment Organisations staff, ie the 'charities' doing the nation buidling
lol

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

Muz
Muz
Legend

For profit prisons. What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-18/kids-for-cash-judges-to-pay-200-million/101345318

Member since 2008.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 18 Aug 2022 12:46 PM

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

tsf
tsf
Legend

Some hectic footage coming out of Israel. 

Now, it will be the people with the most to lose and who don't want any of this shit that will suffer. 
tsf
tsf
Legend

I know people in Gaza are repressed etc, but how are the fuckheads in western sydney celebrating this attack. WTF? These    - oops, I just ate my own poop...s are animals. 

Muz
Muz
Legend

tsf - 9 Oct 2023 10:54 AM
I know people in Gaza are repressed etc, but how are the fuckheads in western sydney celebrating this attack. WTF? These    - oops, I just ate my own poop...s are animals. 

Need to see which side MAGAs fall on regards what line Sky News will take. Surely they wouldn't side with Labour. Surely?

No doubt Mr 'huge brain' (Trump not Enzo) would have sorted this a in a day.

260 killed at that concert apparently.

Lidia Thorpe tweeting in support of Palestine. 

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

And in Turkey, and Iran and Syria and .. and .. and..... Did anyone else notice that some of the "Palestinians" seemed fairly dark skinned or was it just me?

Like you say, the ones that are gonna pay the blood toll on this are the poor bastards just trying to eek out a living .... on both sides of that fricken fence. 
tsf
tsf
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 9 Oct 2023 2:21 PM

Need to see which side MAGAs fall on regards what line Sky News will take. Surely they wouldn't side with Labour. Surely?

No doubt Mr 'huge brain' (Trump not Enzo) would have sorted this a in a day.

260 killed at that concert apparently.

Lidia Thorpe tweeting in support of Palestine. 

Showing support is just dumb at this stage, as you mentioned when all those young people being slaughtered bu cowards, fucking girls running through a field WTF

Interesting from the MAGA, because as most side with Russia, this has massive benefits for the Russia/iranian alliance. With many suggesting it had approval/help from both.
tsf
tsf
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 9 Oct 2023 2:44 PM

And in Turkey, and Iran and Syria and .. and .. and..... Did anyone else notice that some of the "Palestinians" seemed fairly dark skinned or was it just me?

Like you say, the ones that are gonna pay the blood toll on this are the poor bastards just trying to eek out a living .... on both sides of that fricken fence. 

I have never been to palestine or israel so can only take teh word of people I know who have been. A friend was telling me yesyerday he wa sin gaza for business recently as they have factories there with an Israeli-owned company with palestinian workers

He said all the Palestinians he has come across generally don't support hamas or any of the shit

tsf
tsf
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 9 Oct 2023 2:44 PM

yeah, paid mercenaries from sub sahara africa 
johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

I'm a big-picture thinker. (That's not a boast because, to get things done in life, we need both small-picture and big-picture thinkers. And each cannot function without the help of the other.)

When people trot out the Leftist Mainstream Media line - that Israel are occupiers, trying to draw the false analogy of, say, Nazi Germany's WW2 occupation of Poland, France, Netherlands etc.

over the decades, I have not heard one single Lefty mention, let alone explain to me, how Israel came to have those lands under the Balfour Declaration.

For instance, when Britain pulled out of India, it apportioned the land between Hindu-India and Muslim-Pakistan.

Similarly, when Britain pulled out of the Middle East, it used a similar strategy to apportion the land between the Jews and the Muslims.

Then how is it that the Jews came to have all the land? - given that Britain's Balfour Declaration ensured that both the Jews and Muslims would each get their share of the land?

I can offer an explanation, but I'd like to hear from Lefty students, who've been indoctrinated by the Lefty education system, what they know of the Balfour Declaration, and the events prior to the 1948 Arab-Israeli wars, and the subsequent events.

Whenever an Australian young person says that Israel are occupiers of the land, no one calls them out to ask them what is their understanding of the Balfour Declaration, and how it came about that the Palestinians ended up as refugees in Jordan.
Muz
Muz
Legend

johnsmith - 10 Oct 2023 12:57 PM
I'm a big-picture thinker. (That's not a boast because, to get things done in life, we need both small-picture and big-picture thinkers. And each cannot function without the help of the other.)

When people trot out the Leftist Mainstream Media line - that Israel are occupiers, trying to draw the false analogy of, say, Nazi Germany's WW2 occupation of Poland, France, Netherlands etc.

over the decades, I have not heard one single Lefty mention, let alone explain to me, how Israel came to have those lands under the Balfour Declaration.

For instance, when Britain pulled out of India, it apportioned the land between Hindu-India and Muslim-Pakistan.

Similarly, when Britain pulled out of the Middle East, it used a similar strategy to apportion the land between the Jews and the Muslims.

Then how is it that the Jews came to have all the land? - given that Britain's Balfour Declaration ensured that both the Jews and Muslims would each get their share of the land?

I can offer an explanation, but I'd like to hear from Lefty students, who've been indoctrinated by the Lefty education system, what they know of the Balfour Declaration, and the events prior to the 1948 Arab-Israeli wars, and the subsequent events.

Whenever an Australian young person says that Israel are occupiers of the land, no one calls them out to ask them what is their understanding of the Balfour Declaration, and how it came about that the Palestinians ended up as refugees in Jordan.

No one is explaining anything to a fuckwit like you when you write in such a condescending and patronising manner like you have above.

Have a good hard look at yourself sunshine. Never has a a statement been more appropriate to a flog like you then 'the ignorant are cocksure, the intelligent are full of doubt'.

In case you're in any doubt you're the former.

You clearly know the answer to everything, are all over the 'lies' the MSM put out, a vaccine expert, a middle east foreign policy expert it now appears and are an ardent believer in a magical sky fairy.   

https://www.technologynetworks.com/neuroscience/news/these-are-the-most-common-traits-of-conspiracy-theorists-345553
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Member since 2008.

johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 10 Oct 2023 2:16 PM
johnsmith - 10 Oct 2023 12:57 PM

No one is explaining anything to a fuckwit like you when you write in such a condescending and patronising manner like you have above.

Have a good hard look at yourself sunshine. Never has a a statement been more appropriate to a flog like you then 'the ignorant are cocksure, the intelligent are full of doubt'.

In case you're in any doubt you're the former.

You clearly know the answer to everything, are all over the 'lies' the MSM put out, a vaccine expert, a middle east foreign policy expert it now appears and are an ardent believer in a magical sky fairy.   

https://www.technologynetworks.com/neuroscience/news/these-are-the-most-common-traits-of-conspiracy-theorists-345553
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

This is the pattern of non-thinkers who just are part of the herd.

They attack the person. And from that moral-superiority of having attacked the person, they feel no need to review and debate the facts.

This is the same approach taken by tsf (lower case) on the Covid thread, where he attacks people like Dr John Campbell, and therefore feels no need to review and debate the facts.

This is how mobs are controlled. They are roused into attacking the other side, and hence feel no need to review the facts.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

johnsmith - 10 Oct 2023 2:23 PM
Munrubenmuz - 10 Oct 2023 2:16 PM

This is the pattern of non-thinkers who just are part of the herd.

They attack the person. And from that moral-superiority of having attacked the person, they feel no need to review and debate the facts.

This is the same approach taken by tsf (lower case) on the Covid thread, where he attacks people like Dr John Campbell, and therefore feels no need to review and debate the facts.

This is how mobs are controlled. They are roused into attacking the other side, and hence feel no need to review the facts.

Are you a martyr for the truth johnsmith (lower case)? Do you have your own website we can all subscribe to? Do you take pride in being considered a supremacist "right wing" person despite your catholic (I assume) faith?? Why? When did "love thy neighbour as thyself" become "fuck the lefties"?

BTW the Balfour Declaration did in no way negate the Mandate for Palestine (at least in the eyes of the UN and the Muslim world) and all the good work Peter O'Toole did with the Arab uprising against the Ottomans in the great war. The issue is as complex as time itself and your condescending tone explain just how little of the current situation you grasp.... 
johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 10 Oct 2023 2:48 PM

Are you a martyr for the truth johnsmith (lower case)? Do you have your own website we can all subscribe to? Do you take pride in being considered a supremacist "right wing" person despite your catholic (I assume) faith?? Why? When did "love thy neighbour as thyself" become "fuck the lefties"?

BTW the Balfour Declaration did in no way negate the Mandate for Palestine (at least in the eyes of the UN and the Muslim world) and all the good work Peter O'Toole did with the Arab uprising against the Ottomans in the great war. The issue is as complex as time itself and your condescending tone explain just how little of the current situation you grasp.... 

May I ask, how do you summarise the Balfour Declaration. I ask, so that I can compare your view to my view.

May I also ask for your view on how it came about that, following the departure of the British, how the Jews came to acquire most of the land - when it had been Britain's intention for the Jews and Muslims to each have their own portion of the land.
Muz
Muz
Legend

You're not wrong.

I think to think I'm across a lot of subjects but will happily admit I don't know anywhere near enough to comment.

Member since 2008.

Edited
6 Months Ago by Munrubenmuz
tsf
tsf
Legend

Good and bad in every group of people, I wonder where we'd be without religion
Edited
6 Months Ago by tsf
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

johnsmith - 10 Oct 2023 3:02 PM

May I ask, how do you summarise the Balfour Declaration. I ask, so that I can compare your view to my view.

May I also ask for your view on how it came about that, following the departure of the British, how the Jews came to acquire most of the land - when it had been Britain's intention for the Jews and Muslims to each have their own portion of the land.

Whats to summarise? A letter by a member of the British War cabinet to a "Rothschild" who was the perceived "leader" of the Jewish diaspora in Europe at the time?
You do realise that this was but one of dozens of other such proposals throughout the centuries for a "Jewish Homeland"?

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/...

As for "How" the Jews acquired more land in 48 Ill let you research how a Leninist like Ben-Gurion "acquired" Messersmidt BF-109s and Sherman tanks to defeat the Palestinians.... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 10 Oct 2023 3:24 PM
Good and bad in every group of people, I wonder where we'd be without religion

Not in the Utopia you think it might be mate.... Most religion doesn't preach hate... its people fallibility and human nature that converts that against each other.... 

The Jesus I believe in said to turn the other check, not burn Gaza to the ground. ... or to invide a party of young kids and rape and kill like an animal.
Edited
6 Months Ago by Monoethnic Social Club
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search