Your Fav Sports

Your Fav Sports

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Just wondering what kind of diverse sports supporters we have here apart from Real Football obviously.

List of sports I watch on the box/and play or go see live......

Football - Association/NPL/ALFFACup < go to varying games weeknights or weekend.
Still playing in O45's winter comp, 6aside Summer comp.
EPL - watch every LFC game live, SerieA/Liga/SPL other leagues with interest and any Euro tournaments on tv or via apps.

Motor Racing - Touring Car Masters/Supercars (prefer earlier days) < go to races in Sydney and other States, used to take car on a track for fun and do club runs.
F1 < went to a few in Adelaide and Melb.
Motogp < been to SMS/Philip Island and watch on Fox. Superbikes.
Motorcross outdoor/indoor < been to many rounds Sydney/Melb/Bris and watch USA AMA/Speedway on Fox. Used to ride both variants of bikes but no more.
Golf - in general watch any Pro circuit tournaments/Aussie ones when on and try to play it but damn its challenging.

The above are my go to's and when nothing else on interested to watch other sports be it NRL/Cricket etcetc........

Love Football

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Got into NFL slowly around 5 years are ago but now Sunday night is a big thing with the time zone here. Really into it but enough to also not get wound up if my team loses. Enjoy the red zone as a neutral and I've learnt so much about players. Watch red zone over any late Sunday night European football.

Into Australian racing of all types horse to greyhound. 

Always been big on Olympics. Really enjoy the Rugby world cup. Don't follow NRL or AFL as much nowadays.

Australian cricket team always good for test matches. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

johnszasz - 14 Sep 2021 7:53 PM
Got into NFL slowly around 5 years are ago but now Sunday night is a big thing with the time zone here. Really into it but enough to also not get wound up if my team loses. Enjoy the red zone as a neutral and I've learnt so much about players. Watch red zone over any late Sunday night European football.

Into Australian racing of all types horse to greyhound. 

Always been big on Olympics. Really enjoy the Rugby world cup. Don't follow NRL or AFL as much nowadays.

Australian cricket team always good for test matches. 

I really disliked NFL for years without any real basis, just hated all the stop start nature of the game and just thought it was mindless and just brute strength, no tactics etc.
Last couple of years with Channel,10 showing games I am really starting to appreciate it, not enough to care if my team wins or loses as you say, but enough to appreciate the intricacies of the different styles. Also don't mind the tennis, basketball and AFL but all as a bit of an observer, have ,my teams but don't live or die by the results.... Soccer is king.
TheDjentleman
TheDjentleman
Hacker
Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)

F1 is my favourite sport tbh. Was a great weekend to be a McLaren fan.

I love AFL and Test Cricket too. But the world game will always be engrained into my heart due to my family living and breathing it despite not getting any of my parent's athletic genes. Hopefully my son gets it though! 

Everybodys favourite lurker.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

hehe yes Monza was a top race to watch, happy Dan got the win and getting the car suited to his liking finally.
I'm a Azzuri supporter by blood so naturally Forza Ferrari - Red blood just goes with LFC as well :) (obviously McLaren have been my Darth Vadar for decades)
I'm a avid long time motor racing fan, love F1 and other catergries alot.

yes cricket Ashs Tests are the best viewing in that game, other tests closely followed, WCups as well.
Domestic game has lost its plot entirely to what it once was couple of decades ago.

Rugby Cups are good agreed can't watch much else of it.

NFL - having been to a couple of games live over there, 49er games, its an interesting experience.
They moved from the stadium I went to (somewhere around 65k capacity) but I can't get into it, I understand the game.
So commercial and all - being live you don't see the entertainment between breaks etcetc all run by the broadcaster (sound familiar) but this is what the americans are brought up with. Alot is like watching a sport that has the choreography feel about it all.
It goes too long, its a long day - bit like gayfl with 4 qrters, too long.
Ice Hockey been to that as well live there (that is good to watch live being how quick it is)
One thing the Americans do well is push the Patriotic card at all the sporting events.
Curious to compare to the Aussie aspect of this at games for we are no where near how they are.

Nascar is another interesting experience over there.
For those not informed the 2 top end catergories race day is just 1 long race (be it 150 or to 250lap race for eg) - no supports etcetc.....just the 1 race.
They make a day of it mind you.
Spectaters turn up early in the morn in their big pick ups/vans and BBQ eat and drink, then many walk around the merchandising area buy up their team gear and head up to allocated seating for eg a 2pm start.
The stand seating is one grandstand only at a few tracks I've been, on the main straight start/finish line and viewing of the team pits.
No other stand seating around the rest of the track, so this main grandstand you can imagine how tiered and steep it is, mind boggling.
Those 200 odd laps go much quicker than you think, time flies as the cars do.

Olympics is great for it provides the variety you normally wouldn't think to look into some sports.
Great viewing.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Admittedly individual NFL games really can do my head it with all the stoppage and ads. They're alright at the bar when you can chat during gaps. Red Zone is the go. Pure action and it's fun to try and keep up with it all.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

A-league
And then a general sport interest in Rugby Union, T20, Athletics, Ice Hockey, Volleyball, Handball, MMA, Boxing, AFL, Tennis, Tour De France, probably forgot some others

Mobile Legends esports
Edited
3 Years Ago by Glory Recruit
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Followed AFL as a kid but lost instead when Gold Coast and gws came into the competition.

I have interest in other sports but I mainly just follow football. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Glory Recruit - 15 Sep 2021 7:42 PM
A-league
And then a general sport interest in Rugby Union, T20, Athletics, Ice Hockey, Volleyball, Handball, MMA, Boxing, AFL, Tennis, Tour De France, probably forgot some others

Mobile Legends esports

I had to look up what Mobile Legends was lol.....
OK cool looks like great fun but a sport ? a game but I suppose people look at it sport wise.

You mention TDF, yes cycling is good viewing do enjoy the big races.
Pity Armstrong doped it for that era was epic but tarnished forever, drugs been such a big prob in that game even pre Armstrong but some great riders.
Used to get excited watching Anderson,OGrady,McEwen then Cadel.....
Mountain biking is mad as well.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Greco roman wrestling is awesome as is fencing and weight lifting 
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

LFC. - 17 Sep 2021 9:34 AM
Glory Recruit - 15 Sep 2021 7:42 PM

I had to look up what Mobile Legends was lol.....
OK cool looks like great fun but a sport ? a game but I suppose people look at it sport wise.

:D
It does have a professional league in Indonesia

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Glory Recruit - 19 Sep 2021 11:56 PM
LFC. - 17 Sep 2021 9:34 AM

:D
It does have a professional league in Indonesia

Pretty sure mobile legends has a global league to? 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I know to many Golf would be boring as, I used to think so as well till I picked it up later.
If you ever like to view a decent game for a mo and teams the recent Ryder Cup is brilliant viewing.
The US crowds are pretty typically crass but to see this course design and the ability of these players hitting that little ball to a point is frigging great shooting under the pump and elements.

Love Football

patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

LFC. - 28 Sep 2021 4:16 PM
I know to many Golf would be boring as, I used to think so as well till I picked it up later.
If you ever like to view a decent game for a mo and teams the recent Ryder Cup is brilliant viewing.
The US crowds are pretty typically crass but to see this course design and the ability of these players hitting that little ball to a point is frigging great shooting under the pump and elements.

To this day the best golf coverage I every saw was soon after Packer moved the Australian Open to the Australian Golf Club. Don January and David Graham were the likely winners teeing off last. January had a 1 shot lead and the whole round was tense following these two with Graham holding a 1 shot lead after the 16th. Graham birdied the 17th and then January bogeyed the last for a 3 shot win by David Graham. 

The coverage for all intents and purposes concentrated on these two all day and it made for great viewing. If you wanted to watch someone else you may have been disappointed but it was great to watch.    
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Football - A-League first and foremost,  everything else follows. 

F1 - Have followed since mid 90s, but the last 15 years have really gotten into it.  I know nothing about the technical side, though I find it all interesting and have no interest in cars outside of f1 other than I can drive one. 

AFL - reckon I see the equivalent of 3 games a season, but probably 10 different games. and really love watching the grand final.

Cricket - used to love it, I think once it moved to channel 7 and fox cricket I just keep forgetting it's on. 

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Football is a given.  Other sports I like/follow are...
Both Rugby codes, F1, Hurling, both boxing and MMA. I don't mind the NFL, but I prefer the College Football moreso. I also enjoy playing Lawn Bowls and Boules.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> then cricket and Rugby League

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Football is my favourite sport to watch but I am a cricket fan as well and I play the sport.

I grew up in a fanatical AFL household and played the sport growing up but I don’t really watch it much anymore. Seriously considering playing it again though.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Football number one by a ridiculous margin - now more than ever but 85% of club football I watch these days is A-League.

Grew up loving and playing most sports though.

Was a MASSIVE cricket fan growing up (Dean Jones  and Simon O'Donnell were my heroes) but interest waned into late teenage years to the point now that I could genuinely struggle to name a single Aussie.

I loved West Adelaide in the SANFL and watched every single Crows game for a good 10-15 years I reckon but again, I'd struggle to name half our squad now and watch MAYBE 1-2 games a year if I'm somewhere with it on.

Played a lot of tennis and loved players like Andre LeConte, Boris Becker, Pat Rafter but find the modern base line perfectionist game just boring as shit to watch even if I can respect the skill level.

Watched a lot of F1 on and off down the years but haven't for about 5 seasons now which is a shame.

I think I just watch a lot less sport than i used to so if I do dedicate a few hours a week to it it's going to be the game (and team) I love most.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Davide82
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Davide82 - 1 Nov 2021 11:58 AM
Watched a lot of F1 on and off down the years but haven't for about 5 seasons now which is a shame.

I am honestly looking forward to (A) finding out what all the new rules and regulations will be with the changes coming in for next season. Along with (B) with to how the race weekends will run/work and how those new rules and regulations will affect/play-out come the qualifying and the races themselves.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
3 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

re F1 lets hope the new rules/changes makes for better closer racing for todays cars like Supercars the amount of dirty air following a car to pass has made it very hard.
Cars looks great with all the new design changes.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-all-new-2022-f1-car.4OLg8DrXyzHzdoGrbqp6ye.html

Fellas the mentions of Tennis/Cricket.
Interesting overall both these sports haven't been that effected by rule changes as some other sports have over the last couple of decades.....
I used to be an avid watcher of both and like some here, played both as well.
Cricket love the Ashs still and WC's but overall I can't watch it much anymore, tennis is great to watch as well at the top levels BUT like cricket for me both these games lack outliers/characters like both had in the past that always got my attention and made for great entertainment.
Forget one like Kyrios some may say, Conners/McEnroe/Boom Boom as mentioned - also the long reign of the current usual suspects is showing the young ones though starting to come through have been a long time comming, we used to see here is the next up and comer start too beat the top ones consistantly to break though.
Cricket has missed those talented entertainers as well of the past looking ahead.
These players made for great viewing, Akrams/so many of our aussies/great Windies of the past/Botham types/mics on the pitch has killed the banter/sledging/all this stuff built up awesum atmosphere.
Thats the way I see it......

Love Football

WButler89
WButler89
Under 7s
Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)

The sport that I like watching more on TV than participating in myself is football.
The sport in which I like to participate more than to watch others is tennis.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Fav sport motogp and Grazie Vale last night.......
What a Legend of a sport hanging up his leathers/helmut @ 42yrs.
I've watched since his journey begun and can only admire his talent and longivity.
Some battles he has had during his peak was epic to watch, especially against our Casey.
Great ambassador of the sport, can't see anyone get near his popularity around like he has.

New journey into 4wheels next.

Love Football

alvn1
alvn1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

football 
olympics (the football part)
occasionally will watch other less important sports like tennis or volleyball if there's no football on
used to like manly sea eagles but havn't looked at that sport at all for at least 20 years 

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 15 Nov 2021 11:19 AM
Fav sport motogp 

Personally, I'm not the biggest "Bike" fan – My brother on the otherhand loves them - both riding himself and/or watching anything MotoGP, he even goes to Philip Island when possible.

Though I'm not a big 'Bike' fan, that said, on my bucket-list is to attend and watch the "Isle of Man TT" live, and will watch it on TV whenever possible. 

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

is that a obvious hint Bike ? - Mike the Bike.......
Mentioning IOM is what that saying is all about.
Legendary, I agree BB.
I also would love seeign that event before I'm gone.
Agostini used to think it was madness, Sheene came to the point due to professionalism the risk was too high.
I admire any 2wheel racer not having fear but IOM sure takes top billing.

Good on your bro, my bro influenced me early teens, motorcross, I used to ride but  realised my fear factor taking on table top jumps was not for me.
We both follow motogp/supercross/euro stuff alot and have done PI a few times, epic to see live.
2wheeler racing, gladiators imo.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I got sick of cricket when it felt like the season never ended some years ago.......
Just got OTT for me stopped watching following barring there's only one really worth watching due to the best long time rivalry and traditions, The ASH's.
The SCG test was an epic 5days that I enjoyed very much.
Bummed we didn't win it but the game was what Test cricket is all about.
Love us to be 4wins 1 draw real shame we couldn't make a clean sweep.

Love Football

johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Now that the Federal Court has handed down its decision and created a legally-binding precedent, anyone else hoping the Joker wins the Aussie Open?

cesspit
cesspit
Hacker
Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
johnsmith - 10 Jan 2022 6:09 PM
Now that the Federal Court has handed down its decision and created a legally-binding precedent, anyone else hoping the Joker wins the Aussie Open?

its not over yet.

The Home Affairs Minister makes the final call.  Rules are rules.

The majority of Australians are hoping the government does the right thing.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search