Ban upcoming - Hasta la vista

Ban upcoming - Hasta la vista

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Joyful penguin has turned up after a long hiatus and started deleting comments.

Look out for a big line through my name shortly and 'banned' written under it.

Thought we'd did ourselves of this garbage following decentrics removals as mod.

Member since 2008.

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Munrubenmuz - 25 Jun 2022 10:04 PM
Joyful penguin has turned up after a long hiatus and started deleting comments.

Look out for a big line through my name shortly and 'banned' written under it.

Thought we'd did ourselves of this garbage following decentrics removals as mod.

Hi Muz, I have only removed three comments and detailed the reasoning behind it in the relevant thread. At no point have I threatened you or anyone with banning and would only ever do so as an extreme last resort. 

For those intersted in my reasoning it is found here:
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/3032441/attendances-for-npl-sides?PageIndex=2

Edited
2 Years Ago by JoyfulPenguin
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

I am a bit curious about how someone with only 792 posts becomes a moderator.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

It's a joke isn't it.

Member since 2008.

Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 25 Jun 2022 10:04 PM

I wasn't removed. I resigned.

I've recently resigned from another Mod position elsewhere too. Moderating duties can take up a lot of time. There can also be complex legal ramifications about specific behaviours. It is good that a lawyer, like Joyful Penguin, is willing to do the Moderating job. 
Edited
2 Years Ago by Decentric 2
Muz
Muz
Legend

Yeah because that's what we need more of. Lawyers.

Member since 2008.

Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

The response from JP was very professional and analogous with,  the actions of Mods on any other site where I've moderated.

I'm tending   to relinquish Mod positions elsewhere, if there is no lawyer is on the panel, because of the legal ramifications on Mod panels/Admins for failing to deal with specific issues. It   can have serious legal ramifications for those who own  sites.

It is invaluable that we have recourse to a legal perspective for  this forum. None of us would be pleased if it was forced to close down. Also, Moderation is a community service.  
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Not this shit again.    

TheDjentleman
TheDjentleman
Hacker
Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)

"He does it for free" 

Everybodys favourite lurker.

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Muz

Social media and public forums have restrictions in what you can say.... i.e. you can't accuse a person of a crime.... equally all the laws still apply to social media .... the  recent NSW Friendly Jordies case has highlighted that...

I am unaware as I lack specific knowledge on your post but when  a lawyer says you're post is wrong then my gut feeling is to back the lawyer as I doubt he has a personal thing against you there is no history of an exchange of posts...

libelous
libelous
Amateur
Amateur (730 reputation)Amateur (730 reputation)Amateur (730 reputation)Amateur (730 reputation)Amateur (730 reputation)Amateur (730 reputation)Amateur (730 reputation)Amateur (730 reputation)Amateur (730 reputation)Amateur (730 reputation)Amateur (730 reputation)

There should be more moderating on this and many other forums and on social media in general.
It won’t be too long before laws are used to clamp down on what is, basically, anti-social behaviour not to mention vilification and,in some cases, defamation.
Muz
Muz
Legend

Midfielder - 26 Jun 2022 11:11 AM
Muz

Social media and public forums have restrictions in what you can say.... i.e. you can't accuse a person of a crime.... equally all the laws still apply to social media .... the  recent NSW Friendly Jordies case has highlighted that...

I am unaware as I lack specific knowledge on your post but when  a lawyer says you're post is wrong then my gut feeling is to back the lawyer as I doubt he has a personal thing against you there is no history of an exchange of posts...

What a joke. I put shit on certain countries about their supporter's crowd behaviour and it's defamatory. Give me a break.

If I say Tony Gustavsson is a Swedish clown is that defamatory or discriminatory?

Explain the difference.

By the way Gustavsson is a clown.

Member since 2008.

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 26 Jun 2022 2:05 PM
Midfielder - 26 Jun 2022 11:11 AM

What a joke. I put shit on certain countries about their supporter's crowd behaviour and it's defamatory. Give me a break.

If I say Tony Gustavsson is a Swedish clown is that defamatory or discriminatory?

Explain the difference.

By the way Gustavsson is a clown.

If it had been directed towards the specific club or specific instances it would have been allowed. Why it wasn't was because it was directed towards a broader community of people who are innocent and have no involvement whatsoever besides being of an ethnicity that founded the clubs. All Australian clubs are not the responibilites of all Australians so why would that be different for other ethnicities?
If you want to discuss these things focus on the specific clubs or where a specific individual has been specifically shown guilty of what you are accusing them of. Accussing people of a crime is blatantly defamatory.

Muz
Muz
Legend

ErogenousZone - 26 Jun 2022 11:07 AM
Not this shit again.    

Yep

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

JoyfulPenguin - 26 Jun 2022 2:15 PM
Munrubenmuz - 26 Jun 2022 2:05 PM

If it had been directed towards the specific club or specific instances it would have been allowed. Why it wasn't was because it was directed towards a broader community of people who are innocent and have no involvement whatsoever besides being of an ethnicity that founded the clubs. All Australian clubs are not the responibilites of all Australians so why would that be different for other ethnicities?
If you want to discuss these things focus on the specific clubs or where a specific individual has been specifically shown guilty of what you are accusing them of. Accussing people of a crime is blatantly defamatory.

What accusation of what crime? 

My statement was it is usually your ethnic based clubs that are responsible for crowd trouble in the NPL. They are.

Look at the teams that have to play behind closed doors and join the bloody dots.

Member since 2008.

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star

Munrubenmuz - 26 Jun 2022 5:05 PM
JoyfulPenguin - 26 Jun 2022 2:15 PM

What accusation of what crime? 

My statement was it is usually your ethnic based clubs that are responsible for crowd trouble in the NPL. They are.

Look at the teams that have to play behind closed doors and join the bloody dots.

You didn't say the club as that is a seperate entity. You specified the broader ethnic communities that may support these clubs. That broader community is innocent of 'crowd trouble' because it is the actions of a small number of individuals that may or may not be of the ethnicities you specified. 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

As a lawyer ffs....

It's a football forum with blokes talking crap.....

Laughable to pretend there was anything legal wise in those statements. 
AJF
AJF
Pro

tsf - 27 Jun 2022 9:39 AM
As a lawyer ffs....

It's a football forum with blokes talking crap.....

Laughable to pretend there was anything legal wise in those statements. 

Anonymous poster on football forum suddenly claims to be a lawyer.......yer right, just like anonymous poster claims to be a Dutch trained coach

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search