NPL 2024 Thread

NPL 2024 Thread

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
yep FNSW better be consistant !

Rockdale are proving their metal knocking off a SFC with quite a few AL Jnrs knocking on the door for their Snr squad.
Thats why I luv seeing the part timers coming out on top.
Was watching bits of BC vs Marconi yesterday, if I recall right BC's was one of the first syn pitch's done way way back then.
Watching the YouTube link that might not be clear enough the pitch looks so damn old, strangely the ball looked like it was bobbling at times rolling along.
Anyone know if its ever been redone ?
APIA moving along with a tight win.

Love Football

Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 9:38 AM
Beretta - 13 May 2024 9:06 AM

Havent WSW already got 3 or 4 suspended sentences for poor crowd nehaviour... what do they have to do to get a points deduction up there? Be "effnik"?

you could be right, they might already have a suspended sentence. 

but FNSW dont have the balls to deduct points, and i dont feel like points deduction is the right thing to do anyways, it's not the players fault.
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)

LFC. - 13 May 2024 10:00 AM
yep FNSW better be consistant !

Rockdale are proving their metal knocking off a SFC with quite a few AL Jnrs knocking on the door for their Snr squad.
Thats why I luv seeing the part timers coming out on top.
Was watching bits of BC vs Marconi yesterday, if I recall right BC's was one of the first syn pitch's done way way back then.
Watching the YouTube link that might not be clear enough the pitch looks so damn old, strangely the ball looked like it was bobbling at times rolling along.
Anyone know if its ever been redone ?
APIA moving along with a tight win.

speaking of synthetic pitches, Cromer park in Manly looks terrible. 

Could play basketball at how bouncy it is. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Beretta - 13 May 2024 12:02 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 9:38 AM

you could be right, they might already have a suspended sentence. 

but FNSW dont have the balls to deduct points, and i dont feel like points deduction is the right thing to do anyways, it's not the players fault.

I agree with you 100% but what I dont understand is the lack of consistency.  Do you remember Melbourne Croatia getting points deduction down here in Melbourne 3-4 years ago because one of their fans lit a flare in the Mark Viduka stand 1 hour AFTER the game had finished to celebrate knocking us out of the cup...... 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Beretta - 13 May 2024 12:03 PM
LFC. - 13 May 2024 10:00 AM

speaking of synthetic pitches, Cromer park in Manly looks terrible. 

Could play basketball at how bouncy it is. 

Beretta I was there for a pre season game some 6wks ago.
The main pitch next to the refurnished cafe/clubhouse.
I actually thought the pitch was fine, it was only re done in '22.
So latest syn tech.
Sure the bounce's vary in all of them by my observations, some are dead flat some not re bounce.
The only positive is play rain hail - as been evident up here the last couple of weeks.

Love Football

Totti10
Totti10
Super Fan
Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)

Blacktowns pitch is terrible Apia played hills there struggled to knock the ball around on that bouncy pitch. Got away with a win though 
also 2 strange red cards given to Marconi made it a comfortable win for Blacktown.

In regards to the RBB the jumping on the pitch with hoodies on was probably abit much and if it was done early in the game would probably scare and intimidate the opposition players. As I said no real problem With the pyro they brought a great atmosphere to the game on Saturday night hope they keep supporting their side but I guess FNSW has to step in 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Totti10 - 13 May 2024 12:49 PM
Blacktowns pitch is terrible Apia played hills there struggled to knock the ball around on that bouncy pitch. Got away with a win though 
also 2 strange red cards given to Marconi made it a comfortable win for Blacktown.

In regards to the RBB the jumping on the pitch with hoodies on was probably abit much and if it was done early in the game would probably scare and intimidate the opposition players. As I said no real problem With the pyro they brought a great atmosphere to the game on Saturday night hope they keep supporting their side but I guess FNSW has to step in 

If they are anything like their plastic counterparts down here they only turn up to ex NSL club matches hoping to establish a reputation... its hilarious. 
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker

Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 1:24 PM
Totti10 - 13 May 2024 12:49 PM

If they are anything like their plastic counterparts down here they only turn up to ex NSL club matches hoping to establish a reputation... its hilarious. 

They turned up to Edensor Park last week, walked out at half time when they were 3-0 down and decided to throw flares over the fence toward the united fans.  I wouldn't call that "great atmosphere or support".

As long as they took a photo for their social media pages to show everyone how tuff they are.. lol

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

agree so many of these wsw young lost ones are full on drop kicks.

Love Football

Totti10
Totti10
Super Fan
Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)

Beretta - 13 May 2024 1:32 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 1:24 PM

They turned up to Edensor Park last week, walked out at half time when they were 3-0 down and decided to throw flares over the fence toward the united fans.  I wouldn't call that "great atmosphere or support".

As long as they took a photo for their social media pages to show everyone how tuff they are.. lol

Lol didn’t know this that’s fucken embarrassing. Honestly wouldn’t mess with the Croatians haha
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Who is the best players in the NPL to watch out for now? 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

fellow guys keeping tabs on ladders/fixtures/results etcetc
Here in NSW we have this crowd called Dribl, software link we use - yer what a name and very appropiate for since its introduction its forever clunky, slow to load and a right royal PIA to rely on.
Do you fellow NSWelshman experience the same ? and does NPLV and other States have this same Dribl ling along.

Love Football

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

LFC. - 6 Jun 2024 10:38 AM
fellow guys keeping tabs on ladders/fixtures/results etcetc
Here in NSW we have this crowd called Dribl, software link we use - yer what a name and very appropiate for since its introduction its forever clunky, slow to load and a right royal PIA to rely on.
Do you fellow NSWelshman experience the same ? and does NPLV and other States have this same Dribl ling along.

Same in Canberra. Not very well-liked here either from what I gather.

In my travels of my club database thing, that it's generally split amongst 4 companies (and yes I'm just generalising the states here):
Dribl (NSW, ACT, SA, TAS)
Squadi (WA, QLD, NNSW)
MyGameDay (VIC)

The fourth is a MyCompApp that seems to get used in some associations (eg, Central Coast)

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

NicCarBel - 6 Jun 2024 11:56 AM

In my travels of my club database thing, that it's generally split amongst 4 companies (and yes I'm just generalising the states here):
Squadi (WA, QLD, NNSW)
MyGameDay (VIC)

The fourth is a MyCompApp that seems to get used in some associations (eg, Central Coast)

ah huh good intel NCB interesting to see.
Yer my fellow team mates many moan about dribl as well.
Its pretty sub standard for today's expectations, previous system worked much better actually.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 6 Jun 2024 12:48 PM

ah huh good intel NCB interesting to see.
Yer my fellow team mates many moan about dribl as well.
Its pretty sub standard for today's expectations, previous system worked much better actually.

My Gameday is pretty crap down here.... The Football VIC website even worse sometimes....  Thats one easy thing FA could work on accross the board, get all federations working from the same hymn book.... 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 6 Jun 2024 4:19 PM
LFC. - 6 Jun 2024 12:48 PM

My Gameday is pretty crap down here.... The Football VIC website even worse sometimes....  Thats one easy thing FA could work on accross the board, get all federations working from the same hymn book.... 

yep pretty much, why each state once again different, were playing the same friggin game, just need a site the works fast plain and simple.
1 software nationally, no diff to any other company websites.
FNSW site is pretty average as well not just the link to Dribl.

Love Football

Edited
3 Months Ago by LFC.
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Squadi (WA, QLD, NNSW)
MyGameDay (VIC)

Squadi in Qld is complete dogshit. Started last season, and essentially it seemed like we (the users) were beta testers for most of the season. Fixes are still going on even now (a season and a half after introduction), but functionality is still significantly worse than the system it replaced. So many issues with it that I won't even attempt to list any.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Keeper66 - 6 Jun 2024 5:15 PM

Squadi in Qld is complete dogshit. Started last season, and essentially it seemed like we (the users) were beta testers for most of the season. Fixes are still going on even now (a season and a half after introduction), but functionality is still significantly worse than the system it replaced. So many issues with it that I won't even attempt to list any.

LOL. We moved onto Squadi and I'm only hoping it'll get better because it ain't great.

Member since 2008.

Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 6 Jun 2024 5:47 PM
Keeper66 - 6 Jun 2024 5:15 PM

LOL. We moved onto Squadi and I'm only hoping it'll get better because it ain't great.

If you want to look at it positively, you would say that it can't get any worse. I'm convinced someone in FQ got a kickback for foisting Squadi on us. No one in their right mind, or who had done even minimal due diligence before signing the contract, would select it as a competition management product.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well damn I’m glad I brought this up !
Keeper66 your bang on - this dribl as mentioned appropriately named last year it was a total joke - so the Feds sign off for these should be shot for seriously someone has to be in the take.
In my football chat group I’ve told them I give up using it now please post up our fixtures etc in our group chat.
Many felt the same so now the next 2/3 games get posted up.
We pay $400 rego and get this bs.
Squadi sounds the same, you’re right it’s like we’re in the dark ages.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Question for Muz, Nic and the other refs on here....  would it be viable for refs to have an app on their phone that they can load up their match report within 30-40mins of final whistle (maybe if each team manager can load up their starting lineups 1/2 hour before kickoff int the same app)...

Just spitballing here.... and a technical ignoramus. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Jun 2024 10:23 AM
Question for Muz, Nic and the other refs on here....  would it be viable for refs to have an app on their phone that they can load up their match report within 30-40mins of final whistle (maybe if each team manager can load up their starting lineups 1/2 hour before kickoff int the same app)...

Team wise MSC I know our manager loads up some info to our Association site either pre but definately post game.
Re results/any cards etcetc
I'll check up.
Surely the Refs have some form of tech nowadays on their mobiles to the above as well.

Love Football

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

We do.

On Squadi managers have until 15 minutes before the match to submit team sheets and then they're locked out. After that only refs can add things like suspended players or late changes.

After the match we do everything online on a timeline on the app. Goals, cards, PKs, etc.

In our association the Prems have to be done pretty much straight after the match.

More leeway for time is given for the juniors as refs are doing back to back to back games.

Member since 2008.

Edited
3 Months Ago by Munrubenmuz
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

there you go good stuff Muz.
I'd say same applies here for they all would have same/similar tasks.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 7 Jun 2024 10:54 AM

We do.

On Squadi managers have until 15 minutes before the match to submit team sheets and then they're locked out. After that only refs can add things like suspended players or late changes.

After the match we do everything online on a timeline on the app. Goals, cards, PKs, etc.

In our association the Prems have to be done pretty much straight after the match.

More leeway for time is given for the juniors as refs are doing back to back to back games.

Cheers mate, thats what I thought... Then, if FA can invest in an off the shelf CRM system for a few hundred thou (pay a fulltimer to customise it for football and manage it) surely they can manage this sort of stuff at a national level and make it alot easier for everyone?
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

We do it a bit weirder in Canberra...

I might have my time frame on when exactly, but the clubs need to submit a team sheet (not necessarily starting players and subs, but just who will be there) the day before the game, and then provide that, with manual adjustments for emergencies on game day if needed.

We hold onto it during the game, add in our timekeeping (goals, sanctions, subs - if needed for NPL), get both managers to sign it, keep a copy for ourselves, and then the home team is in charge of the data entry for it on Dribl.

We do use a different application/website for referee appointments/payments though.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

I mean, essentially that's what they do, it all goes through Dribl. But, I'm provided a hard copy version on the day, that's the first I'll see of it.

To be honest, from my limited experience of NPL games, more info is given to the comms team so they can pronounce names right and know who's playing where..
Muz
Muz
Legend

NicCarBel - 7 Jun 2024 12:13 PM
We do it a bit weirder in Canberra...

I might have my time frame on when exactly, but the clubs need to submit a team sheet (not necessarily starting players and subs, but just who will be there) the day before the game, and then provide that, with manual adjustments for emergencies on game day if needed.

We hold onto it during the game, add in our timekeeping (goals, sanctions, subs - if needed for NPL), get both managers to sign it, keep a copy for ourselves, and then the home team is in charge of the data entry for it on Dribl.

We do use a different application/website for referee appointments/payments though.

Squadi does the matches and the ref appointments. We were using assignr for ref appointments.

Member since 2008.

Edited
3 Months Ago by Munrubenmuz
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker

LFC. - 13 May 2024 2:01 PM
agree so many of these wsw young lost ones are full on drop kicks.

4 weeks in a row they have now been banned from matches. 

i wonder if this is for the rest of the season?
Totti10
Totti10
Super Fan

Beretta - 7 Jun 2024 1:52 PM
LFC. - 13 May 2024 2:01 PM

4 weeks in a row they have now been banned from matches. 

i wonder if this is for the rest of the season?

Such a shame for a big game 1st vs 3rd and no away support . but I guess they had to get punished in some way 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search