BDP

Author
Marki
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
dman2018 - 21 May 2024 7:21 AM
Marki - 20 May 2024 10:52 PM

Let me guess, to partner Hutch in the halves....

If you have Moses at half, you can get away with either Burton or Hutch at 5/8th.

Burton makes more sense as he is faster and has better kicks behind the line, but he cant put players through with a deft pass and doesnt run.

Come to think of it, if we get Moses, id be praying for Oloapu to make a comeback and take the 5/8th role, this time with less pressure on him.

I dont know much about our young kids. Heard lots of good things, but same was said of Wakeham, BBO etc so not falling for it again.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

dman2018 - 21 May 2024 7:00 AM
Marki - 20 May 2024 10:52 PM

Let me guess, to partner Hutch in the halves....

My plan is for Moses to stay at Parra and play prop for 80 mins.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Marki - 21 May 2024 7:30 AM
dman2018 - 21 May 2024 7:21 AM

If you have Moses at half, you can get away with either Burton or Hutch at 5/8th.

Burton makes more sense as he is faster and has better kicks behind the line, but he cant put players through with a deft pass and doesnt run.

Come to think of it, if we get Moses, id be praying for Oloapu to make a comeback and take the 5/8th role, this time with less pressure on him.

I dont know much about our young kids. Heard lots of good things, but same was said of Wakeham, BBO etc so not falling for it again.

That’s what is always worrying about juniors. So many that don’t make it. The good thing is that we have plenty of good young halves. 

But I like your thinking. Moses would be a perfect fit for Burton. Great halves pairing. We should try to get him if there is a chance. 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Micko - 21 May 2024 10:49 AM

That’s what is always worrying about juniors. So many that don’t make it. The good thing is that we have plenty of good young halves. 

But I like your thinking. Moses would be a perfect fit for Burton. Great halves pairing. We should try to get him if there is a chance. 

If any club is dumb enough to have an exit clause linked to BA it's them... 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Aaaand... He was never leaving then and hes not leaving now... On too good a wicket getting paid a fortune to be a flat tracker...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Team named Farmer out and Salmon back in starting in the second row.

I thought Farmer was good against the Raiders. 

I am not sure if we can thread the needle on wins with a smaller pack, but beating the Dragons is all about keeping the error rate low enough and taking our chances.

Anyway the side named on Tuesday isn't final.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Moses isn't even named for Parra this week.

Brooks is 29 and they are probably a similar age.

Signing a player with recent injuries, you never know how it will go. Seemed like Foran was barely on the field for us.

O'Neill is probably only around 20 years old, so if he plays NRL next season might be a half for us for 10-15 years.

If Moses signs O'Neill leaves most of the time.

Moses might have a 5 year window if injury free.

At the backend of a players career limitations from the start of their career emerge.

Moses 1-2 years with Parra paying most of his salary after we have locked up O'Neill. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 21 May 2024 4:27 PM

Aaaand... He was never leaving then and hes not leaving now... On too good a wicket getting paid a fortune to be a flat tracker...

They should all wait and see if I get the coaching gig.

Training down the pub is fun.

If I don't get it, then any decent player should leave unless they are happy to lose each week.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Seems like Mann is out of the Dragons game,

According to Gus he is battling multiple injuries, I am not surprised he hasn't looked the same since he got back from injury. 

When some of our players are battling injuries or are just tired and needing a rest, that is the prefect time to give some of the guys performing well in reserve grade a run.

But we also need to collect the necessary amount of wins. We can perhaps rest one forward per week and if the game is going well have another guy play fewer minutes. 

If we have a game we'll won 20 minutes from the end King and Marhoney are guys I would like to rest.

Anyway we need this one. Go Dogs !!!
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Seems like Turpin is coming into the side for Mann, but Sexton and Wilson are in the extended squad.

Taaffe will be playing in the halves in reserve grade.

I would like to see Wilson or Sexton in the final 17 instead of Turpin, that is more of an attacking set up.

Dragons forwards are vulnerable to speed up the middle they can be very slow moving.

Turpin is the better defender. 
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

All the top teams rest their best players once in a while, and it looks like we are no different with Hutch.

CC obviously thinks Dragons are weak and we can afford to rest Hutch and give Sexxy some game time.

Hoping for a minimum 6 tries from us but most of all, hope we convert our chances and win the game.

Need to stay in touch with the top 8....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 23 May 2024 7:35 PM
All the top teams rest their best players once in a while, and it looks like we are no different with Hutch.

CC obviously thinks Dragons are weak and we can afford to rest Hutch and give Sexxy some game time.

Hoping for a minimum 6 tries from us but most of all, hope we convert our chances and win the game.

I think that Hutch was good last week. 

Let's see what Sexton can do,  he has been playing well in reserve grade. 

Funny thing is I thought that the Mann / Hutch connection was where our attack was losing its way,

If we have a lot if  all at the opposition end a d still look clueless in attack, I give up.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)

I think CC got a call from Gus .. Last two games they had them on the ropes but could not finish Penriff and Canberra off . The last plays near the line have been ordinary. I think Hutch  would be good off the bench . 
I hoping big Sexton has a man of the match performance.. 

ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Obviously no such thing as a forward pass in this game.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Were getting reffed out of this contest.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

We definitely up against 18 tonight...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Only offload RFM has thrown to A Dogs player in 3 years...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Idiot...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I hope we can win,  they had a lot of ball and field posession.

Sexton looks good,  but Dragons are winning the battle up the middle.

If the game opens up,  we have the skill and pace to take advantage. 
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)

ODF - 23 May 2024 8:08 PM
Obviously no such thing as a forward pass in this game.

100% correct. Ref has a lazy 50 on Saints.
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)

We've missed 24 tacklesto their 3!!!! F@@@rk!!! We need to settle down and grind them down. Ref is not helping because the crunt keeps finding penalties for the opposition.  We have to be much  better to keep the ref out of the equation. The dragons bench has been reduced to 2 man rotation. If we cant capitalise on that alone then we deserve another loss.

ODF
ODF
Pro

A tale of two refs. The bloke with the whistle was diabolical againstt us in the first half, but was all our way in the second. All I can say is WOW.
Edited
Last Month by ODF
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Got job done in the end,

It wasn't all the refs fault, players in both sides conceded some dumb penalties. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

We looked better with Sexton at half.

Defence was sloppy up the middle at the start.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Credit to Ciro starting with Hayward and Sexton was a bold move. 

But I think we should have Hayward on the bench for the first 10-15 mins.

I thought Farmer was good against the Raiders. 
Marki
Marki
World Class

Good win in the end.
Lucky it was Dragons though as most good teams would have taken their first half ascedency and put a lead on us.

Good reaction by the players in the second half. Abit like the Tigers game..we woke up after the halftime spray.

Was pleased that our players realised the weakness of the reshuffled left edge with Eisenhuth having a shocker and turning the game in our favour. 

I also liked what i saw from Turpin. We seemed to play much faster once he came on. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 23 May 2024 10:15 PM
Good win in the end.
Lucky it was Dragons though as most good teams would have taken their first half ascedency and put a lead on us.

Idiot...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 23 May 2024 9:49 PM
We looked better with Sexton at half.

What a fekking shock!!!...

I'm not gonna go off early, it's one game... But to the idiots parroting "7exy vdoeant talk" cos they saw it on TK, give yourselves an uppercut... Anyone that ever actually watched him play knows he yaps like one of those horrible little dogs wankers own...
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)Hardcore Fan (267 reputation)

Marki - 23 May 2024 10:15 PM
Good win in the end.

Good reaction by the players in the second half. Abit like the Tigers game..we woke up after the halftime spray.

Was pleased that our players realised the weakness of the reshuffled left edge with Eisenhuth having a shocker and turning the game in our favour. 

I also liked what i saw from Turpin. We seemed to play much faster once he came on. 

St Merge were up for it in the first half . Our players seemed to loose their footing a bit but luckily got it all together . Could be without a few players next week due origin .. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 23 May 2024 10:22 PM
hounddog - 23 May 2024 9:49 PM

What a fekking shock!!!...

I'm not gonna go off early, it's one game... But to the idiots parroting "7exy vdoeant talk" cos they saw it on TK, give yourselves an uppercut... Anyone that ever actually watched him play knows he yaps like one of those horrible little dogs wankers own...

Whatever the reason for Sexton starting the season in reserve grade it has worked.

Second half we ran fast guys at them up the middle and shreaded them, the coaches got it right.

I agree with the need for "fresh legs" and giving Reed a rest.

Overall Sexton has his nose in front at half,but Hutch was good last week.

Next question is if Sexton stays at half can Hutch take some other role in the side?

Salmon went much better after a rest. I have a feeling that a rested Mann and Hutch are going to come in handy.

But as long as Sexton plays well in 7, he keeps the job. He did look a lot better than he did last season.  Playing in a weak team can mess with a player's confidence. 

Hutch helped build the team into what it is today.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search