BDP

Author
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
ODF - 28 Jun 2024 8:25 PM
Sutton with the whistle worries me.

Sutton always finds a way to give the other team cheap field position. Prick 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

We need to play a bit more footy,
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

If ever there was a win bin worthy crusher!!!... 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Great win in the end.

We didn't play that well,  but got it done,
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 28 Jun 2024 9:57 PM
Great win in the end.

We didn't play that well,  but got it done,

Winning ugly is good ..
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

We got a bonus comp  point for having better looking blokes.

Strangely the wife doesn't find Cam McKinniss attractive. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

I reckon Burto has nailed more clutch moments in his career already than Mutch Misses ever ...

#theboot...

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Howfekkinggood..
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Sutton with the whistle worries me.

He had a career game tonight... 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Unbeaten at home... 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 28 Jun 2024 10:14 PM

He had a career game tonight... 

But he did even it out a bit.

Was anyone else actually on the field?
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Team selection good, we just played super conservative. 

We were worried about the dropped ball against the Chooks. 

Sharks also defended well, but lots we can improve on.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

I thought that game was one of the fairest Sutton has reffed us, but he's still a dodgy fucker.
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker
Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)

hounddog - 28 Jun 2024 10:26 PM
Team selection good, we just played super conservative. 

We were worried about the dropped ball against the Chooks. 

Sharks also defended well, but lots we can improve on.

Sharks were up for it actually every team from now on playing will be up for it. That's just the way it is now.That was  a great win. Gritty I think one of the best wins I've seen for a long time.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

zoz2015 - 28 Jun 2024 11:11 PM
hounddog - 28 Jun 2024 10:26 PM

Sharks were up for it actually every team from now on playing will be up for it. That's just the way it is now.That was  a great win. Gritty I think one of the best wins I've seen for a long time.

The second or third crime this year we could say "best in a king time"... Winning is fun!!!...
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

dman2018 - 28 Jun 2024 8:57 AM
Marki - 27 Jun 2024 10:17 PM

Can't stick the boot in... Probably his best game ever... Behind a pack that dominated and against an awful QLD effort... There won't be a flat track in game 3... I hope he has another great game... But the odds a heavily against that based on big/tight game history...

Honourable post.
I was disappointed QLD lost but i kinda expected it to be the case. Always felt Moses had it in him to tear a team apart and feared him the most. 

You are right. It will be very different in game 3. QLD will get better ref calls and if they dont start lethargically again, they will strangle NSW into errors. 
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Damn i got my timezone hours mixed up and missed the game live while i was splashing around in a pool in Greece....

Came in to have a shower and my son tells me, Dogs are 15-14 in front from a Burton field goal... and afew seconds later we realise it was Golden point!

Only seen highlights and looks like we werent pretty but looks like we won off the back of a great Burton performance particularly with goal kicks and field goal, and a freebie from Nicko Hynes!

We take the points and move on. There's always games like these in a season and it makes a big difference when you're on the winner side. Especially against a team challenging for your spot.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I am not too worried about our attack.

Mann, Tracy and Preston are definite inclusions who will add a lot to our attack.

Foxy probably adds something.

Ideally I would add one more big body, but that would mean leaving our Morrin or Hopoi in addition to Salmon who would be very unlucky to be left out., 
The Mann / Hayward rotation is a critical part of our attacking style that is noticeable when neither is on the field.

Dryer conditions will suit our style and allow us to use our speed on the edges.

The main challenge is stopping bigger packs, we struggled a bit with the Sharks, but that was on a short turnaround after an intense game. 

Out kicking game can be improved, Sexton was good in defence but was below his normal standard in attack.

Teams are going to try to geat us by running hard up the middle linespeed and fitness can counter that.
Edited
3 Months Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 29 Jun 2024 5:01 AM
Damn i got my timezone hours mixed up and missed the game live while i was splashing around in a pool in Greece....

Came in to have a shower and my son tells me, Dogs are 15-14 in front from a Burton field goal... and afew seconds later we realise it was Golden point!

Only seen highlights and looks like we werent pretty but looks like we won off the back of a great Burton performance particularly with goal kicks and field goal, and a freebie from Nicko Hynes!

We take the points and move on. There's always games like these in a season and it makes a big difference when you're on the winner side. Especially against a team challenging for your spot.

Looks like that particular pool in Greece is just out of Mock range, don't travel to Crete.
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 29 Jun 2024 7:06 AM
Marki - 29 Jun 2024 5:01 AM

Looks like that particular pool in Greece is just out of Mock range, don't travel to Crete.

You know you're in greece when you see cats everywhere.....

They'll soon overtake mankind here...

Funny, coz i never saw any in china ...

Maybe they all like the greece summer and migrated here....or maybe they are fleeing persecution?
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

We were dominated by the Sharks forward all game. Exactly like the Chooks game. We clearly need bigger forwards next year if we want to compete with the best teams. We just can’t compete in the wrestle. Sharks found their front all game making their play the balls to quick to get our defensive line set. It was a very tough game to watch. 

Thankfully Burto has the best long kicking game in the comp and kept us in the game. We never gave up and clearly weren’t the better side but found a way to win. Huge efforts from everyone. 

I’m stillpissed iff at Sexton throwing that terrible pass early in the game. That was a certain try if it went to Sexton. And probably would have destroyed any confidence from the Sharks and made the game an easy win. 

Marki
Marki
World Class

As i haven't watched the game and not much was shown on highlights, im curious what position did Taaffe play?

How many minutes did he get?
Did he do well?
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 29 Jun 2024 4:40 PM
We were dominated by the Sharks forward all game. Exactly like the Chooks game. We clearly need bigger forwards next year if we want to compete with the best teams. We just can’t compete in the wrestle. Sharks found their front all game making their play the balls to quick to get our defensive line set. It was a very tough game to watch. 

Thankfully Burto has the best long kicking game in the comp and kept us in the game. We never gave up and clearly weren’t the better side but found a way to win. Huge efforts from everyone. 

I’m stillpissed iff at Sexton throwing that terrible pass early in the game. That was a certain try if it went to Sexton. And probably would have destroyed any confidence from the Sharks and made the game an easy win. 

We have had Sutton and Fifita out injured most of the season. Patolo, Todd and Knight out injured for around 2 months. 

Patolo, Todd and Knight are back now, Fifita and Sutton coming at some stage, 

We have Tom Amone signed up for next season. 

IMO Farmer has been good most times I have seen him.  He hasn't had much of a run since he got knocked out early in the season against the Sharks. 

Last season a couple of the big boys struggled to adapt to CC's defensive structures, I am guess that is the issue with Farmer,

Hayward and Marhoney are only small, but make plenty of tackles. 

IMO a lot of our best attack comes off the back of Hayward and Mann digging into the line and straightening the attack. 

Depending on form, I would replace Salmon, plus Morrin and Hopoi with Todd or Sutton,  plus Farmer or Patolo.

We need 2 big props starting so I would move King back to the bench.

Mann starting at lock. Hughes, Mahoney,  Patolo, Kicks, Presto. 
Bench Hayward,  King, Curran,  Todd/Sutton 

That is effectively a rotation with 4 middle forwards.  Hayward covers hooker and half, Curran covers second row. Mann centre and second row. 

Edited
3 Months Ago by hounddog
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 29 Jun 2024 5:26 PM
Micko - 29 Jun 2024 4:40 PM

We have had Sutton and Fifita out injured most of the season. Patolo, Todd and Knight out injured for around 2 months. 

Patolo, Todd and Knight are back now, Fifita and Sutton coming at some stage, 

We have Tom Amone signed up for next season. 

IMO Farmer has been good most times I have seen him.  He hasn't had much of a run since he got knocked out early in the season against the Sharks. 

Last season a couple of the big boys struggled to adapt to CC's defensive structures, I am guess that is the issue with Farmer,

Hayward and Marhoney are only small, but make plenty of tackles. 

IMO a lot of our best attack comes off the back of Hayward and Mann digging into the line and straightening the attack. 

Depending on form, I would replace Salmon, plus Morrin and Hopoi with Todd or Sutton,  plus Farmer or Patolo.

We need 2 big props starting so I would move King back to the bench.

Mann starting at lock. Hughes, Mahoney,  Patolo, Kicks, Presto. 
Bench Hayward,  King, Curran,  Todd/Sutton 

That is effectively a rotation with 4 middle forwards.  Hayward covers hooker and half, Curran covers second row. Mann centre and second row. 

IMO, Salmon has been instrumental in showing the rest of our forwards how to tighten the middle and conserve energy levels in order to repel set after set.

Our attacking metres gained is still not great and its our defensive improvement that has seen us climb the ladder and stay in contention nearly every game. 

CC needed /needs high endurance guys like Salmon and Hutch who have come from systems where they work with each other. There is no way Salmon is out of this team if fit. No way.

The rest of the team has learnt the system but is still not 100% without those guys.

Attack is a different story. That comes down to the line speed and quality of halves. Burton looks like he had his 1 in 6 top games but is inconsistent. Sexy is not the half that can take us deep into finals. Need a top shelf half to do that.

We will most likely have to remain patient, enjoy the possibility of finals footy for next couple of years and possibly tilt at a premiership in 2 years time. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 29 Jun 2024 6:32 PM

IMO, Salmon has been instrumental in showing the rest of our forwards how to tighten the middle and conserve energy levels in order to repel set after set.

Our attacking metres gained is still not great and its our defensive improvement that has seen us climb the ladder and stay in contention nearly every game. 

CC needed /needs high endurance guys like Salmon and Hutch who have come from systems where they work with each other. There is no way Salmon is out of this team if fit. No way.

The rest of the team has learnt the system but is still not 100% without those guys.

Attack is a different story. That comes down to the line speed and quality of halves. Burton looks like he had his 1 in 6 top games but is inconsistent. Sexy is not the half that can take us deep into finals. Need a top shelf half to do that.

We will most likely have to remain patient, enjoy the possibility of finals footy for next couple of years and possibly tilt at a premiership in 2 years time. 

It is tricky, because we need to balance work rate, size and creativity. 

IMO Todd or Sutton will make almost as many tackles as Salmon or Morrin, 

I would rather roll the dice on more punch up the middle. 

Taking the Sharks game as an example,  we went better later on with Hayward,  Taaffee, King and Hughes on.

Hopoi has great potential but is a bit young and inexperienced. 

IMO the key to our attack is roating Mann and Hayward at lock, then Sexton,  Burton and Tracey can make things happen off the back of that.

We need to remember the Roosters game was a tough game in tough conditions. Then into an intense game against the Sharks off a short turnaround without Mann, Preston and Tracey. And with Chricton starting with half a tank of fuel.

Roosters and Sharks teams both ran hard and had good line speed and tackle technique for most of the 80 minutes

The form of Skelton in the last 2 games isa big plus.. 
Edited
3 Months Ago by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 29 Jun 2024 6:32 PM

1 is 6 is a figure Mutch Misses would dream of in close games....
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

When does Mutch Misses get binned for his non stop approaches to the ref without the C next to his name???...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Thank Dog that Mutch Misses wankfest is over from Vossy....
And yet another tough/close game where Mutch Misses again ...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I am confident enough to plan by drinks for the Dogs GF win.

Drinking 2014 Hunter Valley Shiraz at present,  my sister gave me the tip that 2014 was a great year years ago. Brought a case and a few more. Forgot about them, I have most of them- excellent. 

So a few Japanese Dark Lager beers during the game.

A glass of champagne to celebrate the inevitable victory. 

Then open a 2014 Shiraz and have a few glasses.

Been waiting 10 years,  but at least I have a plan :)
Edited
3 Months Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I am currently celebrating the end of the Parra season, the wine sure tastes good. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search