BDP

Author
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
dman2018 - 29 Jun 2024 7:16 PM
When does Mutch Misses get binned for his non stop approaches to the ref without the C next to his name???...

Probably just after the ref and 80% of the crowd yell out - "flat tracker "
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

hounddog - 29 Jun 2024 7:54 PM
I am currently celebrating the end of the Parra season, the wine sure tastes good. 

Great result!!!...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 29 Jun 2024 7:52 PM
I am confident enough to plan by drinks for the Dogs GF win.

Drinking 2014 Hunter Valley Shiraz at present,  my sister gave me the tip that 2014 was a great year years ago. Brought a case and a few more. Forgot about them, I have most of them- excellent. 

So a few Japanese Dark Lager beers during the game.

A glass of champagne to celebrate the inevitable victory. 

Then open a 2014 Shiraz and have a few glasses.

Been waiting 10 years,  but at least I have a plan :)

Solid plan...
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

I am confident enough to plan by drinks for the Dogs GF win.

Drinking 2014 Hunter Valley Shiraz at present,  my sister gave me the tip that 2014 was a great year years ago. Brought a case and a few more. Forgot about them, I have most of them- excellent. 

So a few Japanese Dark Lager beers during the game.

A glass of champagne to celebrate the inevitable victory. 

Then open a 2014 Shiraz and have a few glasses.

Been waiting 10 years,  but at least I have a plan :)

Had an Amstel Dark the other day....
Yummy stuff.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

To be clear while I think that we are a genuine chance to win the comp, that chance is far from a certain thing.

The team needs to keep improving, the coach needs to get a few tricky things right, we need to be close to full strength with all players in good form, and we need a few lucky breaks in the semis. 

Hardest teams to beat are the Panthers,  Storm and Roosters with the Broncos being potentially dangerous if they get back on track.  In the semis we want to play these teams at the right times,  not play too many of them and get a bit of luck in those key games. 

In our favour is if we are in, I expect the Dogs Fans to turn up in droves and probably own the crowd numbers most Sydney games. 

As for our perceived weakness of bring out muscled by bigger packs, that is were the coach needs to make a few tricky team selections and thread the needle on bench rotation, 

Other teams have more semi final experience,  better depth and a bit more size and power. So they have more margin for error. 

Warriors game is critical  a win going into the bye sets us up nicely. 

If we win that one I'll start shopping for the champagne. 

Worst result for me is I am stuck with a lot of grog and only a poor excuse to drink on GF day.
Edited
3 Months Ago by hounddog
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Marki - 30 Jun 2024 10:41 AM

Had an Amstel Dark the other day....
Yummy stuff.

Amstel Dark..sounds like a brand of turd!
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

So we're back to the trip being a sin bin???... Good... 
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Watching the riff, how many do they have out?, because the team they are fielding would pass week one in the finals.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

ODF - 30 Jun 2024 4:50 PM
Watching the riff, how many do they have out?, because the team they are fielding would pass week one in the finals.

2 first choice halves,  fullback and starting second rower out.

Can be hard to score close to opposition line with first choice halfback out.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Reserve grade list 18-10 2 tries each.

Opposition kicked 3 penalty goals and an extra conversion.  Unusual these days. 

Game probably doesn't tell us anything.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 30 Jun 2024 5:09 PM

2 first choice halves,  fullback and starting second rower out.

Can be hard to score close to opposition line with first choice halfback out.

Not if they met us!!!...

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Hypothetically would you rather finish 4th or 5th?

5th has no second chance and needs to win week 1.

Week 2 they are playing a team that lost week1, sometimes that team is mentally vulnerable. 

If forgot Too also out for Panthers. 
Edited
3 Months Ago by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Cows had 5 or 6 out...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Bloody logjam on 20 points.... Each game gets bigger for us...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 30 Jun 2024 5:57 PM

Cows had 5 or 6 out...

Panthers and the Broncos patchy at times this season. 

We are close to the most consistent team in the comp. Perhaps the Storm. 

Chooks patchy earlier but on the right track now.

Cows are a dangerous side, that could beat any team on their day.

Improving like the Chooks. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 30 Jun 2024 5:58 PM
Bloody logjam on 20 points.... Each game gets bigger for us...

Every game is vital, Cows after the bye a very tough game, Warriors might be physical. 

Sharks and Roosters played well our form line is pretty good. 

QLD has a dry season in winter we might get a fast dry track at Townsville which might suit us.

If also suits their players in particular Drinkwater.

I wouldn't mind seeing 2 sides going head to head on a fast dry tack with exciting attacking footy.

Seen more than enough winter grind, but the Warriors game is a 50-50 at least it is daytime which suits us.
Edited
3 Months Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

We need to be good enough to win each week, no easy games on the horizon. 
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

hounddog - 30 Jun 2024 12:37 PM
To be clear while I think that we are a genuine chance to win the comp, that chance is far from a certain thing.

The team needs to keep improving, the coach needs to get a few tricky things right, we need to be close to full strength with all players in good form, and we need a few lucky breaks in the semis. 

Hardest teams to beat are the Panthers,  Storm and Roosters with the Broncos being potentially dangerous if they get back on track.  In the semis we want to play these teams at the right times,  not play too many of them and get a bit of luck in those key games. 

In our favour is if we are in, I expect the Dogs Fans to turn up in droves and probably own the crowd numbers most Sydney games. 

As for our perceived weakness of bring out muscled by bigger packs, that is were the coach needs to make a few tricky team selections and thread the needle on bench rotation, 

Other teams have more semi final experience,  better depth and a bit more size and power. So they have more margin for error. 

Warriors game is critical  a win going into the bye sets us up nicely. 

If we win that one I'll start shopping for the champagne. 

Worst result for me is I am stuck with a lot of grog and only a poor excuse to drink on GF day.

Lets make finals this year and worry about premierships going forward.
We are not there yet....

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Hi Team, I am getting email notifications users I've never heard of "has posted new content"... There is a link to click to "view the post"... Be vigilant.... 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

dman2018 - 1 Jul 2024 8:17 AM
aa Hi Team, I am getting email notifications users I've never heard of "has posted new content"... There is a link to click to "view the post"... Be vigilant.... 

Take a look at the home page and sports links... Something up .. IS hacked???...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 1 Jul 2024 6:57 AM

We are not there yet....

Dream the impossible dream!!!...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 1 Jul 2024 6:57 AM

We are not there yet....

Expectations or more accurately hopes, don't put any extra pressure on the players or change how they play..

The players and coaches probably are aiming higher than most of our fans.

Most Dogs Fans are not sure that we will make the 8, very few think that we are any chance of winning it.

There is no guarantee that we will make the 8, but the team certainly did the work in the off season,  we are the fittest team in the comp. 

I am taking the last 2 games against the Chooks and Sharks as fairly positive all things considered. 

For the Chooks we need to hope that they are peaking now or that luck runs against them in the semis.

As mentioned by  Gus our team is still improving and we hope that there is a lot of improvement to come.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 1 Jul 2024 8:17 AM
Hi Team, I am getting email notifications users I've never heard of "has posted new content"... There is a link to click to "view the post"... Be vigilant.... 

Thanks for the info.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

hounddog - 30 Jun 2024 5:57 PM
Hypothetically would you rather finish 4th or 5th?

5th has no second chance and needs to win week 1.

Week 2 they are playing a team that lost week1, sometimes that team is mentally vulnerable. 

If forgot Too also out for Panthers. 
Fourth always. Almost impossible to win the comp outside the top four. 

But we are not a top four side. We may be next year with the right signings. 

We could still get lucky and win the comp. But it’s going to be very hard if we get dominated in the forwards. Out of all the top four sides I think we can take on Melbourne beat up the middle. So fourth would be perfect. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 1 Jul 2024 2:39 PM
hounddog - 30 Jun 2024 5:57 PM
Fourth always. Almost impossible to win the comp outside the top four. 

But we are not a top four side. We may be next year with the right signings. 

We could still get lucky and win the comp. But it’s going to be very hard if we get dominated in the forwards. Out of all the top four sides I think we can take on Melbourne beat up the middle. So fourth would be perfect. 

Mostly that is because the top 4 teams are the best sides.

What I seem to remember is:-

1 home- plays 4 away. A 
2 home plays 3 away. B
5 home plays 8 away. C

Winner of C plays the loser of A or B.
Shorter turnaround and the top 4 side still gets home ground advantage in the semis.

But in the semis I think winning the week before and playing a side that lost the week before is an advantage. 

4th is the highest we would finish. 

5th or 6th more likely,  and not that bad,

I think that this system was changed recently. It used to be 1 plays 8.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Forwards wise we have some bigger players coming back from injury in reserve grade. 

It isn't easy for bigger guys to play our defensive system.

I would like to see more size especially in the first 20 mins.

However, I also think Mann / Hayward is our best lock rotation in attack. 

I am almost tempted to add more size / defence and compromise on attack.

Hayward is the best passing lock, followed by Mann and the difference in our attack is stark.

We might be able to train up Salmon, Morrin or Curran to start at lock and play that role. Hayward does it best, because really we are asking the lock to play like a halfback. 

It is critical to get right most of our good attack comes off Hayward or Mann digging into the line and committing defenders. On the other hand we don't want to be overrun in the forwards at the start of a semi.
ODF
ODF
Pro

Looks like theDogs have secued Tupouinua's services from next year for 4 years.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

And... Raise a glass to BN for yesterday ..
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

ODF - 1 Jul 2024 5:57 PM
Looks like theDogs have secued Tupouinua's services from next year for 4 years.

Will be a great addition to this years signings Fafita and Haas...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 1 Jul 2024 8:11 PM
ODF - 1 Jul 2024 5:57 PM

Will be a great addition to this years signings Fafita and Haas...

Have we rejected Cleary?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search