2024 Australia Cup

2024 Australia Cup

Author
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Very entertaining game of football, both played good football and we saw some good goals too.

It was quite interesting to see both Perth and Melb City have two Asian decent prospects playing, an underrepresented part of the talent pool in this country. 

charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Barca4Life - 4 Aug 2024 12:10 AM
Very entertaining game of football, both played good football and we saw some good goals too.

It was quite interesting to see both Perth and Melb City have two Asian decent prospects playing, an underrepresented part of the talent pool in this country. 

Socks Perth have already dispatched Brisbane Roar and MC. Interesting. A strong Glory would spice up the competition. 
libelous
libelous
Rising Star
Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)

Brenton1986 - 3 Aug 2024 11:30 PM
only five regular ALM venues are still in the running to host this year's Australia Cup final on Saturday October 5th as follows,
Industree Group Stadium (Gosford)
Campbelltown Stadium (Campbelltown)
HBF Park (Perth)
McDonald Jones Stadium (Newcastle)
CommBank Stadium (Parramatta)

with both Coopers Stadium (playing surface getting complete re done) and AAMI Park (Monster Jam - same night) already out of the race.

What about GIO stadium in Canberra for a truly neutral venue.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

libelous - 4 Aug 2024 10:46 AM
Brenton1986 - 3 Aug 2024 11:30 PM

What about GIO stadium in Canberra for a truly neutral venue.

ACT Government would do absolutely nothing to bring that here.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

LFC. - 25 Jun 2024 3:05 PM
cheers mate, tbh first I heard of Home of the Matildas ffs.

mate, visit this ground on Saturday for the first time and gotta say Im impressed by the setup... Grandstand and covered seating (I think 2,000 or so) is mint,  they had a temporary granstand behind one of the goals and the actual Football victori offices and corp facilities is really rather well done... If they manage (like promised get another covered stand on thye opposite end of the pitch it will be THE perfect stadium for Football VIC finals and cups and even some national tournaments... I give them a lot of stick but this is a big tick from me.... Only downside was the pitch was a lttle bobbly .... 9/10
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Good first hand suffering report mate haha 
I’d expect it should be good being home of the dykes :) 

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

LFC. - 5 Aug 2024 1:53 PM
Good first hand suffering report mate haha 
I’d expect it should be good being home of the dykes :) 

Hahahaha it was a lot better than I thought it would be mate...  credit where it is due I suppose. "home of Matildas" in name only as it is really the "home of Football Victoria" I guess youv'e gotta play the game to get government funding these days.... 

No problem, from me, at all moving forward for ALL Victorian football finals to be played here as neutral venue.... It also helps out the smaller NPL and State league clubs when they are playing round of 32 Australia cup opposition like Oakleigh last week and Fitzroy Serbja tomorrow night. 

Check out the highlights from Dockerty Cup on the weekend ... multiple cameras, huge screen with replays shown in real time.... it almost felt like "proper football"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4glR6zYs4bQ

Edited
Last Month by Monoethnic Social Club
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 5 Aug 2024 3:32 PM
LFC. - 5 Aug 2024 1:53 PM

Hahahaha it was a lot better than I thought it would be mate...  credit where it is due I suppose. "home of Matildas" in name only as it is really the "home of Football Victoria" I guess youv'e gotta play the game to get government funding these days.... 

No problem, from me, at all moving forward for ALL Victorian football finals to be played here as neutral venue.... It also helps out the smaller NPL and State league clubs when they are playing round of 32 Australia cup opposition like Oakleigh last week and Fitzroy Serbja tomorrow night. 

Check out the highlights from Dockerty Cup on the weekend ... multiple cameras, huge screen with replays shown in real time.... it almost felt like "proper football"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4glR6zYs4bQ

Minor whinge it's in a suburb that's hard to get to. Besides that glad there is a good stadium in Victoria 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 5 Aug 2024 5:50 PM

Minor whinge it's in a suburb that's hard to get to. Besides that glad there is a good stadium in Victoria 

Yeah totally agree .. Bundoora isnt exactly the "beating heart" of Melbourne... There is plenty of parking though because of the uni... and tram stops just outside on Plenty Rd.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Not if it sits smack bang on your way home from work and you drive past it every day. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 6 Aug 2024 9:50 AM

Not if it sits smack bang on your way home from work and you drive past it every day. 

hahahahah have you been following me around?
tsf
tsf
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 6 Aug 2024 10:02 AM
tsf - 6 Aug 2024 9:50 AM

hahahahah have you been following me around?

currently in your bushes
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 6 Aug 2024 11:32 AM

currently in your bushes

Holy shit, I better shave then.... hahahahahahahha 

Good luck tonight (the one night I wont be driving past Bundoora) lol.... 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

tsf - 6 Aug 2024 11:32 AM

currently in your bushes

christ tsf I'd expect you would have said can't see through a greek bloody forest - he'll be shaving for/trimming for days haha

Love Football

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Todays games all streaming on 10Play.
  • Lambton Jaffas vs Melbourne Victory @ 7:30pm
  • South Melbourne FC vs Wellington Phoenix @ 7:30pm
  • FC Melbourne Srbija vs Modbury Jets @ 7:30pm
  • Olympic Kingsway vs Edgeworth Eagles FC @ 8:30pm

Edited
Last Month by someguyjc
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

someguyjc - 6 Aug 2024 12:57 PM
Todays games all streaming on 10Play.
  • Lambton Jaffas vs Melbourne Victory @ 7:30pm
  • South Melbourne FC vs Wellington Phoenix @ 7:30pm
  • FC Melbourne Srbija vs Modbury Jets @ 7:30pm
  • Olympic Kingsway vs Edgeworth Eagles FC @ 8:30pm

Mono enjoy tonight it should be a great atmosphere.
I'll be flicking through the other games tonight 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

thanks someguy even though I checked the fixtures.
Lets see what line ups the 2 APL clubs put out tonight seeing SFC disrpected the game last outing.
So its a melbon double for the southerners, Lakeside the marquee game of the 4, I'll be watching like a fiddler on the roof.

Jaffas vs MV will be interesting me hope.
Jaffas at home will help, Topper Stanley in their backline, reigning '23 Champs 2nd on the NNSWNPL ladder, not in good form by the look of it but like every NPL will lift playing the Pros - can watch half hour before the below koff.

Go you good thing SMH - MSC I would expect being 2 trophies are locked up now they won't be resting any start up player barring injury eh ?

TSF is the Serbs one of your go to Clubs (2nd in VPL3) ? or wrong.
vs's MJets who are 2nd in SANPL.
This could go either way on the night I suppose, whats the diff in level anyone got an idea ?

Game 4 way way over yonder in Perf so a hike for Edgei.
8.25pm koff.
Edgei 3rd on their ladder behind Jaffas, so thats 2 from NNSW competing this round.
They have been a decent Club for a long time in that region - whereas Perth NPL1 I don't know much but that they are Greek/Maco heritage, is that good haha :) only kidding.
Olympic Kingsway has developed many future Australian professional football players, including Nick Ward, Stan Lazaridis, Richard Garcia and Daniel De Silva.
I expect this one os going to a close contest.

Looking like a good night of football.

Love Football

Edited
Last Month by LFC.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 6 Aug 2024 1:48 PM
someguyjc - 6 Aug 2024 12:57 PM

Mono enjoy tonight it should be a great atmosphere.
I'll be flicking through the other games tonight 

Thanks mate, I will... A bit of a mixed bag for me, always wanna do well in ANY cup we play but Dockerty Cup is in the bag and now main focus is the league on Saturday....  Would be great to get the win tonight to get the Aleague club hoodoo off our backs but as long as it doesn't go to ET and penalties Ill be happy either way ... need the lads fresh for Saturday.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 6 Aug 2024 2:09 PM
thanks someguy even though I checked the fixtures.
Lets see what line ups the 2 APL clubs put out tonight seeing SFC disrpected the game last outing.
So its a melbon double for the southerners, Lakeside the marquee game of the 4, I'll be watching like a fiddler on the roof.

Jaffas vs MV will be interesting me hope.
Jaffas at home will help, Topper Stanley in their backline, reigning '23 Champs 2nd on the NNSWNPL ladder, not in good form by the look of it but like every NPL will lift playing the Pros - can watch half hour before the below koff.

Go you good thing SMH - MSC I would expect being 2 trophies are locked up now they won't be resting any start up player barring injury eh ?

TSF is the Serbs one of your go to Clubs (2nd in VPL3) ? or wrong.
vs's MJets who are 2nd in SANPL.
This could go either way on the night I suppose, whats the diff in level anyone got an idea ?

Game 4 way way over yonder in Perf so a hike for Edgei.
8.25pm koff.
Edgei 3rd on their ladder behind Jaffas, so thats 2 from NNSW competing this round.
They have been a decent Club for a long time in that region - whereas Perth NPL1 I don't know much but that they are Greek/Maco heritage, is that good haha :) only kidding.
Olympic Kingsway has developed many future Australian professional football players, including Nick Ward, Stan Lazaridis, Richard Garcia and Daniel De Silva.
I expect this one os going to a close contest.

Looking like a good night of football.

Dont know much about Jaffas apart from Topor Stanley but I watched MV against Green Gully friendly the other night and looks like they are very top heavy with youth players... Who knows what they will take up to NSW with them b ut could be a cupset????

Fitzroy has a decent forward line, strapping Serb blokes with Andy Kecojavic and  Luka Nincovic NPL level players, savvy coach and Lakic as pretty solid "breaker" Ive only seena couple of Modbury games this year, could go either way... Im going for Srbija.... they lost to Paco last week but also gave Oakleigh a run in teh Dockerty Cup the week before so show up in big games and get a decent crowd.

South v Wellington ----- no idea about Pheonix apart from we used to thump the Kingz back in the NSL days lol... I read they are trialling a young new keeper and have 6 players from U23 on matchday squad... who knows. As for our starting 11, Mikkola is out (I think) because of red card and most of the boys would have pulled up sore after that gruelling final on Saturday... We have a bit of depth this year on the bench but I reckon Big Harry, Bonada and Andy will all start ... tbc.

Kingsway vs Edgie could be the match of the night.... 
Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Tomorrow night the Mariners up against Heidelberg....

Be interesting to see how we go with the new players and without those that have left...

Heidelberg always do well in these games will be close... hoping for a Mariners win... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Midfielder - 6 Aug 2024 2:46 PM

Be interesting to see how we go with the new players and without those that have left...

Heidelberg always do well in these games will be close... hoping for a Mariners win... 

I might get down to this one and cheer for the Mariners for you Mid...... :)  Bergers are a tough unit to beat this year at home.... havent lost in the league and South only just managed to beat them in the cup... its gonna be a fascinating game.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Midfielder - 6 Aug 2024 2:46 PM

Hey Mid, hold back we're dealing with today tonights games :)
We know whats cooking lets preview tomorrow.
Hopefully you got some coasty intel for us so we can warn the greeks :)

Love Football

Edited
Last Month by LFC.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Here we go Australia cup night 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

OPA ! 

Love Football

Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Any got the live link on 10play it say on my link below live but wont click.

https://10play.com.au/australia-cup/articles/australia-cup-fixtures/tpa220505kqmrj

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Sawyer really should get a go in the a league 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Midfielder - 6 Aug 2024 7:46 PM
Any got the live link on 10play it say on my link below live but wont click.

https://10play.com.au/australia-cup/articles/australia-cup-fixtures/tpa220505kqmrj

Mid
can you make use of 
10, BOLD, SHAKE and PEACH 
Or through Football Australia site 

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

MV 2-1 up 
Modbury 1 up 
nearly HT for all 

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

LFC. - 6 Aug 2024 8:14 PM
MV 2-1 up 
Modbury 1 up 
nearly HT for all 

Why aren't they showing the goals from the other games??? 
Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class

Come on SM.... 63 mins and still in front hope they have the legs to keep going...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search