2024 Australia Cup

2024 Australia Cup

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 7 Aug 2024 9:46 AM
LFC. - 7 Aug 2024 8:48 AM

If it is a "Premium national comp " as you say, then it should be played " in season ", not more than two months before the league kicks off.
Also with shitey things like the NPL teams get to play at home against the A league clubs, makes it anything but " Premium ".

My sentiments EXACTLY ... How can the Aleague (plastic pretend premium comp) still be persisting with Summer soccer? ... Bloody "Unique" eh?
Butler99
Butler99
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Butler99 - 7 Aug 2024 12:03 AM

Seriously you think that’s a fair reason giving your top liners even more soft prep pre season omg yer they are so over worked and let’s disrespect our premium national comp might I add.
They are given a leg up coming in R32 ffs against part timers.
Whilst the game keeps suffering behind the other codes and needs exposure and encouraging more supporters yer we have other pre season games that will attract feck all support.

No wonder there will always be a divide here, sorry Butler I'm a bit annoyed with the whole outlook in the game, more so from the APL not you.

Agree with you. 
Not justifying SFC sending kids. 
They've only been training for a month perhaps. 
They may have one eye on the Asian games. 
Therefore didn't want to take risks with more senior players that may not be ready for full competitive cup games. 

But no doubt it's better to A-league teams to stay in the cup. 
I'm sure they realise that too. 

I'm sure they'd play their senior played if they were prepared. 
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Butler99 - 7 Aug 2024 12:08 PM

Agree with you. 
Not justifying SFC sending kids. 
They've only been training for a month perhaps. 
They may have one eye on the Asian games. 
Therefore didn't want to take risks with more senior players that may not be ready for full competitive cup games. 

But no doubt it's better to A-league teams to stay in the cup. 
I'm sure they realise that too. 

I'm sure they'd play their senior played if they were prepared. 

Apart from injury, there is no reason the senior players would not have been prepared. These are full-time professional players. That means they are training every day and have been doing so for at least a month already. That is more than enough time to be prepared to play against a semi-pro squad of players most of which have day jobs.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

someguyjc - 7 Aug 2024 12:46 PM

Apart from injury, there is no reason the senior players would not have been prepared. These are full-time professional players. That means they are training every day and have been doing so for at least a month already. That is more than enough time to be prepared to play against a semi-pro squad of players most of which have day jobs.

yep what better way to start on your match/game fitness than against part timers......
Sure injuries are a concern but when arn't they, even on the nice macquarie training pitchs.

I saw the post game SFC/Oakleigh presser quoted this :
They will now look to reconvene and focus on their Asian Champions League campaign which begins in mid-September.

MID Sept lol......
Its a pisstake here seriously - its followed the nrl/alf models so would we expect anything more ? nope, maybe the APL are trying to unlock trashcan's safe for travelling money or to pay Snr players on strike.

Love Football

Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Could it be plan and simple stupid.... just maybe SFC believed they could win easily and totally F... up.

The Mariners are sending a full strength squad for tonight's game,  hhhmmm maybe Theo is not going could have a niggle coach has had him losing a lot of weight ... but HB are a tough nut and won't be easy...

Coach has Theo off the Moussaka, loukoumades, souvlaki's  and pies and sausage rolls and onto Greek Salad has lost a lot of weight and looking trim... 

Edited
Last Month by Midfielder
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Midfielder - 7 Aug 2024 2:57 PM
Could it be plan and simple stupid.... just maybe SFC believed they could win easily and totally F... up.

The Mariners are sending a full strength squad for tonight's game,  hhhmmm maybe Theo is not going could have a niggle coach has had him losing a lot of weight ... but HB are a tough nut and won't be easy...

Coach has Theo off the Moussaka, loukoumades, souvlaki's  and pies and sausage rolls and onto Greek Salad has lost a lot of weight and looking trim... 

Hahahaha Christian was looking a little chunky in the GF last year mate...... Good luck tonight.

I was gonna go down to OV but I got home a little late last night after our win and the missus wont let me out two nights in a row. HAHAHAAHAHAHAH Ill be watching from the couch. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

someguyjc - 7 Aug 2024 12:46 PM

Wow.... what do they do between mid May and  mid July? Even the part-timers in NPL only get 4-6 weeks off before pre-season. 
Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Mariners show respect for HB from the Mariners home page...

https://ccmariners.com.au/news/preview-24-25-kicks-off-in-heidelberg-with-australia-cup-clash/

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Midfielder - 7 Aug 2024 3:34 PM

Class.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Aug 2024 3:48 PM

Class.

yes it is thanks Mid for posting.
I'm amazed this Club is head and heels above the rest of them mind you its not that hard but they sure are the leading light.
Mid, I'm sorry I'm backing the Bergs for you know where I stand but honestly I think you guys after settling in will do it well.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Is the draw for next round 9.30pm AEST? or will they wait for any games that go to ET and penoes?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

put in "arrogance" might I add.
Not even 1 decent start up player on the bench as well yet you guys going full hamburger eh, well maybe not Theo haha, surely he's also on the greek yogurt for the salads ?! :)

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

this isn't hard to do I think I could even do this. Yes mariners are leading the league on the pitch and off it should be a cracker tonight 
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Aug 2024 4:15 PM
Is the draw for next round 9.30pm AEST? or will they wait for any games that go to ET and penoes?

Yeah I'd say the draw would start about 10 minutes after the final match, including penalties.

Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class

LFC. - 7 Aug 2024 4:08 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Aug 2024 3:48 PM

yes it is thanks Mid for posting.
I'm amazed this Club is head and heels above the rest of them mind you its not that hard but they sure are the leading light.
Mid, I'm sorry I'm backing the Bergs for you know where I stand but honestly I think you guys after settling in will do it well.

Also helps Mariners fans as we now have informed information about HB and also their recent form and history.... works for us as well ....

Keep an eye out [we are] on one of our new visa signing Ian Maclomont, they say he is tearing it up at training 
Edited
Last Month by Midfielder
Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class

LFC. - 7 Aug 2024 4:17 PM

put in "arrogance" might I add.
Not even 1 decent start up player on the bench as well yet you guys going full hamburger eh, well maybe not Theo haha, surely he's also on the greek yogurt for the salads ?! :)

Those that know say poor Theo has or sorry was told loose the baby bump and has been worked very very very hard by the coach even in the off season... Theo is said to be trimmed right down and fit as now... hope he continue his form and he is in a battle to hold his spot as well... but Theo is a fan fav.... so I hope he goes well ... and the Greek Fat Free Yogurt is tasting nice for him...
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 7 Aug 2024 4:35 PM

this isn't hard to do I think I could even do this. Yes mariners are leading the league on the pitch and off it should be a cracker tonight 

Far more class than Wellington. Ban all NZ teams immediately. They are terrible.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Omg Bergs 
45 to go.

Spirit will rap up their game.
Watching APIA - it’s a good close contest.
Nice ground 

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Mariners look like they'll score eventually 
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

tsf - 7 Aug 2024 10:07 AM
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 7 Aug 2024 9:46 AM

it is played in season? you realise there are a few thousand clubs in the country other than a-league ones right 

The A league is the main league in this country. You don’t measure seasons with the minor leagues.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

top npl vic sides are killing it this year

frustrating the nst could be delayed again. It is clear that a ton of players could step up to the a league if given a chance. It might take a year or two to get used to a full time professional schedule (I remember Joe Knowles for roar struggling then being given up on) but it gives people a pathway
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 7 Aug 2024 10:02 PM

The A league is the main league in this country. You don’t measure seasons with the minor leagues.

The minor leagues don't beat the major leagues three times and don't give me preseason crap.

HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)

What a wonderful night!

Butler99
Butler99
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

grazorblade - 7 Aug 2024 10:11 PM
top npl vic sides are killing it this year

frustrating the nst could be delayed again. It is clear that a ton of players could step up to the a league if given a chance. It might take a year or two to get used to a full time professional schedule (I remember Joe Knowles for roar struggling then being given up on) but it gives people a pathway

NPL VIC the current second tier of football in this country? 
Has to be the strongest NPL doesn't it? 
Totti10
Totti10
Super Fan
Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)

Disappointing night for Apia.
a league and NPL level closest it’s ever been well done to all who made the next round 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Butler99 - 7 Aug 2024 10:38 PM
grazorblade - 7 Aug 2024 10:11 PM

NPL VIC the current second tier of football in this country? 
Has to be the strongest NPL doesn't it? 

Thought npl nsw was ranked higher? Have any npl sides stocked up their roster to improve in anticipation of the nst?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Totti10 - 7 Aug 2024 10:56 PM
Disappointing night for Apia.
a league and NPL level closest it’s ever been well done to all who made the next round 

Yep, got to say I didn’t think QNPL was to that level.
Even though away that was a battle and half watching.
Could have gone either way but they did look better.
Shame :( 

I couldn’t believe the Bergs result ! 
What a turn up damn impressed !

Rippa result against the APL champs and big scalp !
MSC NPLV done good this season brilliant stuff.

Love Football

Edited
Last Month by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

The main season for football is Winter last I knew since I was a kid and world over.
Your main league is bought into not earn’t.
Good to see summer franchisees cop some shots across the bow for good measure.

Love Football

SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 7 Aug 2024 10:11 PM

The minor leagues don't beat the major leagues three times and don't give me preseason crap.

Happens in cup competitions the world over, nothing new or unique.
And it is pre season FFS.
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro

LFC. - 7 Aug 2024 11:20 PM

The main season for football is Winter last I knew since I was a kid and world over.
Your main league is bought into not earn’t.
Good to see summer franchisees cop some shots across the bow for good measure.

Not in this football backwater it is not.

Remember, your failed and dead NSL also switched to summer football in 1989.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search