2024 Australia Cup

2024 Australia Cup

Author
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 7 Aug 2024 11:12 PM
Totti10 - 7 Aug 2024 10:56 PM

Yep, got to say I didn’t think QNPL was to that level.
Even though away that was a battle and half watching.
Could have gone either way but they did look better.
Shame :( 

I couldn’t believe the Bergs result ! 
What a turn up damn impressed !

Rippa result against the APL champs and big scalp !
MSC NPLV done good this season brilliant stuff.

And Olympic are in the bottom half (7th out of 12) of the Queensland NPL.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 7 Aug 2024 11:33 PM
LFC. - 7 Aug 2024 11:20 PM

Not in this football backwater it is not.

Remember, your failed and dead NSL also switched to summer football in 1989.

Christ Sutho back in 89 lol 
Thanks Christ the world has moved on bring back real clubs to the top NST will do for a start.
Your right a backwater one day the ledger will become for it won’t go away :) 

Love Football

Edited
Last Month by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Keeper66 - 8 Aug 2024 12:35 AM

And Olympic are in the bottom half (7th out of 12) of the Queensland NPL.

Yer I saw that pre game hence my comment APIA would out score them for their GF was around half APIA.
Top effort.

Love Football

southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Butler99 - 7 Aug 2024 10:38 PM
grazorblade - 7 Aug 2024 10:11 PM

NPL VIC the current second tier of football in this country? 
Has to be the strongest NPL doesn't it? 

The top 5 teams in Victoria are very strong, you could throw a blanket over them. Avondale would probably be knocking off A league teams as well but they didnt qualify as they lost to Oakleigh. The only way these vic npl sides look like losing is if they actually get drawn against eachother.

Just my opinion but i think the quality of the npl vic drastically drops from 6th onwards. We (South) have been grinding out results in games where we've been using half our youth team players (fixture congestion).
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)

Beretta - 2 Aug 2024 11:31 AM
Totti10 - 1 Aug 2024 11:46 AM

yes it's only pre-season for the AL clubs, but would you suggest the quality of the AL sides are getting worse?
Due to the lack of money and spend? 

so 3 A League clubs knocked out by NPL in the round of 32, which sets a new record.

Goes back to the argument, are the AL sides getting worse and the NPL sides getting stronger, or the AL sides just dont care enough about the competition.?

Either way, love seeing the AL clubs getting knocked out 

SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

LFC. - 8 Aug 2024 2:43 AM

Christ Sutho back in 89 lol 
Thanks Christ the world has moved on bring back real clubs to the top NST will do for a start.
Your right a backwater one day the ledger will become for it won’t go away :) 

If the world has moved on , why are you always hankering for the old clubs and winter football to come back ? Move on FFS.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

God the a league vs npl club argument is bore me both competitions exist in their only little bubble the average Australian couldn't give a shit about either and we're on here arguing about it 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Round of 16

Saturday 24th August - Wednesday 28th August

Match 1; Olympic Kingsway (WA) vs Adelaide United

Match 2: NWS Spirit (NNSW) vs Melbourne Victory

Match 3: Hume City (VIC) vs Melbourne Srbija (VIC)

Match 4: South Melbourne (VIC) vs Brisbane Olympic (QLD)

Match 5: Oakleigh Cannons (VIC) vs Heidelberg United (VIC)

Match 6: Lions FC (QLD) vs Western Sydney Wanderers

Match 7: Moreton City Excelsior (QLD) vs Perth Glory

Match 8: Newcastle Jets vs Macarthur Bulls

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Melbcityguy - 8 Aug 2024 9:02 AM
God the a league vs npl club argument is bore me both competitions exist in their only little bubble the average Australian couldn't give a shit about either and we're on here arguing about it 

I hear you.
Point is MCG for the game to move forward and support the growth it needs to resolve the ongoing issues at hand and foster the huge opportunites that lay beneath.
It is running on half a tank of gas.
Having another Pro level below hopefully starts flicking off the mud of the past brings Clubs more together (more so the Feds) and further ignite the eco system far better that its running today and last 20yrs. FA really need to step up as we know, he knows it.
IF people can't see that they have blinkers on (ignorance or bias) and counter argue pointless like Sutho who close's with FFS.
Winter is football season for 700 odd Clubs the bulk of the game and investors far more than 12 odd license's, surely Football here can finally do better.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Yes well I just want the game to be accepted more in the mainstream i remember years ago bentleigh had a run in the cup and people were talking about it. It's like a tv show or a movie you wanna go to work and talk about it with people 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Beretta - 8 Aug 2024 8:16 AM
Beretta - 2 Aug 2024 11:31 AM

Goes back to the argument, are the AL sides getting worse and the NPL sides getting stronger, or the AL sides just dont care enough about the competition.?

Only someone with a simple grasp of logic would read too much into it. Otherwise in a month if 2 a-league teams annihilates an NPL side will we be saying 'the NPL is getting worse'

As I said, when a-league clubs regularly get results against ACL clubs when they out of season it doesn't mean anything other than they're playing teams out of season

Having said that, everyone likes seeing the NPL clubs do well, and they are playing better football 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 7 Aug 2024 7:00 PM
Melbcityguy - 7 Aug 2024 4:35 PM

Far more class than Wellington. Ban all NZ teams immediately. They are terrible.

Dont know about that.... The Wellington fans didnt parade their flag past the South supporters every time they switched ends like the CCM group did last night (very retro vibe about them standing behind their attacking goal each half btw)   They are lucky the Alexandros fans are a placid lot, if they had done that at Lakeside or Somers St they would have gone home walking funny... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 7 Aug 2024 10:02 PM
tsf - 7 Aug 2024 10:07 AM

The A league is the main league in this country. You don’t measure seasons with the minor leagues.

HAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH NPL VICTORIA reigns supreme.... HAHAHAAH Aleagues thats hilarious, thanks Sutho.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Disappointing night for Apia.
a league and NPL level closest it’s ever been well done to all who made the next round 

Sorry mate, that was a brutal match for your lads..... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Yep, got to say I didn’t think QNPL was to that level.
Even though away that was a battle and half watching.
Could have gone either way but they did look better.
Shame :( 

I couldn’t believe the Bergs result ! 
What a turn up damn impressed !

Rippa result against the APL champs and big scalp !
MSC NPLV done good this season brilliant stuff.

Massive for the Bergers.... was a pretty even contest first half, second the Mariners came out to play and they looked like being able to run over the top of them but conditioning got them in the end (and the really poor finishing) They'll still be drining at Catalina St this morning, massive scalp to beat current Aleague AND Asian Champions....

Victorian clubs reign supreme this year, what a turn out eh? Plucky little Srbija and the big three Greek clubs... shame the cup draw means only 3 can progress to next round.... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

grazorblade - 7 Aug 2024 11:06 PM
Butler99 - 7 Aug 2024 10:38 PM

Thought npl nsw was ranked higher? Have any npl sides stocked up their roster to improve in anticipation of the nst?

What did I tell you abut your "stats" Grazor?  lol....... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 7 Aug 2024 11:20 PM

Not in this football backwater it is not.

Remember, your failed and dead NSL also switched to summer football in 1989.

Plastic Has Many Clutching at Straws ...

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 8 Aug 2024 9:48 AM
Yes well I just want the game to be accepted more in the mainstream i remember years ago bentleigh had a run in the cup and people were talking about it. It's like a tv show or a movie you wanna go to work and talk about it with people 

I don't think football is the right sport for you here in Australia mate.... not trying to put you down but if you are waiting for the "Sleeping Soccer Giant' to awaken then your grandchildren will still be on this forum wishing for "mainstream interest" 100 years from now.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 8 Aug 2024 10:39 AM
Beretta - 8 Aug 2024 8:16 AM

Only someone with a simple grasp of logic would read too much into it. Otherwise in a month if 2 a-league teams annihilates an NPL side will we be saying 'the NPL is getting worse'

As I said, when a-league clubs regularly get results against ACL clubs when they out of season it doesn't mean anything other than they're playing teams out of season

Having said that, everyone likes seeing the NPL clubs do well, and they are playing better football 

You realise the football gods have smiled down on our wonderful state and, if things pan out like they could, it will be a South Melbourne vs Melbourne Victory GF? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAA that will (if it happens) be the biggest shitshow crowd wise in the history of soccer in Australia. HAHAHAHAHAAH 

To get there I hope Fiztroy beats Hume and we get to play each other... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 8 Aug 2024 9:06 AM

Round of 16

Saturday 24th August - Wednesday 28th August

Match 1; Olympic Kingsway (WA) vs Adelaide United

Match 2: NWS Spirit (NNSW) vs Melbourne Victory

Match 3: Hume City (VIC) vs Melbourne Srbija (VIC)

Match 4: South Melbourne (VIC) vs Brisbane Olympic (QLD)

Match 5: Oakleigh Cannons (VIC) vs Heidelberg United (VIC)

Match 6: Lions FC (QLD) vs Western Sydney Wanderers

Match 7: Moreton City Excelsior (QLD) vs Perth Glory

Match 8: Newcastle Jets vs Macarthur Bulls

5 Greek Clubs, 1 Serb, 1 Turkish, 1 Dutch. Only 6 franchises
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Aug 2024 11:03 AM

Massive for the Bergers.... was a pretty even contest first half, second the Mariners came out to play and they looked like being able to run over the top of them but conditioning got them in the end (and the really poor finishing) They'll still be drining at Catalina St this morning, massive scalp to beat current Aleague AND Asian Champions....

Victorian clubs reign supreme this year, what a turn out eh? Plucky little Srbija and the big three Greek clubs... shame the cup draw means only 3 can progress to next round.... 

yer watching most of the 1st I thought CCM would have got on top sooner or later, I stayed on the APIA game then saw 1-1 CCM are going win it in the end.
When I saw FT result I was like WTF - rippa outcome against the franchise champs and as Mid quoted near on full strength.

Yep VPL reigns this season no doubt about it ! I'm happy either/any NPL shines in this comp.
Greeks on a roll. haha 3 only can progress luv it.

Love Football

Edited
Last Month by LFC.
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

end the divide then

and Stop supporting those that support the divide
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Aug 2024 11:14 AM

I don't think football is the right sport for you here in Australia mate.... not trying to put you down but if you are waiting for the "Sleeping Soccer Giant' to awaken then your grandchildren will still be on this forum wishing for "mainstream interest" 100 years from now.

Nah I definitely love football even with the Olympics on nothing gets everyone behind like the national teams 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

numklpkgulftumch - 8 Aug 2024 12:50 PM

end the divide then

and Stop supporting those that support the divide

Is this a call for war? 
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Aug 2024 11:03 AM

Mariners came out well for the first 15-20 minutes but really didn't threaten. Then the young Japanese lad repeatedly took on Paull and they looked the better team for the rest of the half. Second half the Mariners looked the better team and should have finished them off with three golden chances. Once the Bergers scored in extra time there was only going to be one winner.

When Diesel came on for Paull I thought the Mariners looked better but they conceded twice in that time (though he was not at fault for either. Plenty to improve on and looked  rusty at times but some positive signs. Very noticeable that Sasha looked better than Storm after coming back in the NPL over the last couple of months. Great result for Heidelberg and one they fully deserved. 

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Aug 2024 11:18 AM
tsf - 8 Aug 2024 10:39 AM

You realise the football gods have smiled down on our wonderful state and, if things pan out like they could, it will be a South Melbourne vs Melbourne Victory GF? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAA that will (if it happens) be the biggest shitshow crowd wise in the history of soccer in Australia. HAHAHAHAHAAH 

To get there I hope Fiztroy beats Hume and we get to play each other... 

Was hoping to get the WA NPL side but I guess Hume is a chance...
tsf
tsf
Legend

if you are waiting for the "Sleeping Soccer Giant' to awaken then your grandchildren will still be on this forum wishing for "mainstream interest" 100 years from now.

agree with this, also I am not sure i'd want football to be a mainstream channel 7 sport tbh 

On a side note, my 9yo daughter who is a typical girl that age - taylor swift etc - was calling out from bed and came out twice to see the Heidelberg score. That's pretty cool. And first thing my 11 yo son asked was 'did Heidelberg win' when he got up 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

tsf - 8 Aug 2024 2:20 PM

agree with this, also I am not sure i'd want football to be a mainstream channel 7 sport tbh 

On a side note, my 9yo daughter who is a typical girl that age - taylor swift etc - was calling out from bed and came out twice to see the Heidelberg score. That's pretty cool. And first thing my 11 yo son asked was 'did Heidelberg win' when he got up 

That's what I'm all about TSF I love reading that 👍
tsf
tsf
Legend

Melbcityguy - 8 Aug 2024 2:24 PM

That's what I'm all about TSF I love reading that 👍

cheers
yes, being a football fan in this country is a largely futile process...but every 5-10 years we have a moment of belief and awesomeness that almost makes the suffering worthwhile
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Well thats just correct parenting right there :)
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search