BDP

Author
dman2018
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Yes... 
Next year... So important right now...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

dman2018 - 15 Aug 2024 8:43 PM
Yes... 
Next year... So important right now...

Fans are fast running out of things to whinge about this year. 

Go Dogs!!!!
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Hopoi 2 tear extension, 1 year development, 1 year NRL,  Gus likes that formula for young guys.
Underhill also apparently extended, probably similar.
I am interested in what happens with Patolo and Farmer, I expect one or both might get a run in the next couple of weeks. 
Tetevano definitely leaving, Knight probably leaving.

The physical nature of the Storm/Panthers game is an example of the level we need to get to.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Funnily enough hd, I thought the Storm/Panthers game was rather uninspiring. It didn't give me that "wow, there are the premiers right there" vibe at all.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Well I hope the warriors play as sh!t next week as hey just did against manly.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

ODF - 16 Aug 2024 8:02 PM
Well I hope the warriors play as sh!t next week as hey just did against manly.

They could've down is a favour this week... fekk them.. we'll just be great next week and pump em...
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

hounddog - 15 Aug 2024 7:37 PM
Micko - 15 Aug 2024 6:47 PM

What were your expectations at the start of the season?

I was hoping to just scape into the 8. Many fans were not that optimistic. 

As long as the team shows a trend of improving I am happy with the coach.

Generally the trend is that the longer the season goes the better we get.

I see the Fins as similar to the Broncos, some good attacking players, but suspect defence. 

The best way to be sure of beating a team like that is put a score on them and don't let them get close.  That way they don't win with 2 late lucky trys.

We should be running some attack at Averillo. 

At the start of the season I think I said I would be happy with top ten but hopefully competing for the finals. But me being happy and success are different. It’s a success if we make the finals. It’s a good success if we win our first final. It’s a great success if we win more finals. Etc. 

I would be attacking Avo all game. Just run angles on him and try to beat him with power. He can’t defend. 

More importantly I would be running lots of traffic at Katoa. 

Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

ODF - 16 Aug 2024 8:00 PM
Funnily enough hd, I thought the Storm/Panthers game was rather uninspiring. It didn't give me that "wow, there are the premiers right there" vibe at all.

I thought exactly the same. Neither team lifted to a high level. Both just scrapped it out. If anything it gave me confidence if we have to play either of them. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Great... We are 6th ..  
#sackgus...
#sackCC...

Mick O
Mick O
Pro

dman2018 - 16 Aug 2024 8:45 PM
ODF - 16 Aug 2024 8:02 PM

They could've down is a favour this week... fekk them.. we'll just be great next week and pump em...

Warriors with nothing to play for next week. We should beat them easily. Just need to get in front early and keep the pressure on them. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

ODF - 16 Aug 2024 8:00 PM

The intensity and physical contact was the part that we might struggle to match.

All sides made unforced errors and there were a few.

Considering the number of passes we throw our error rate is very low. We also move the ball faster than other sides and we have the necessary speed and skill outside.

If we can match a side in the physical side, we should beat them.

That is why I am taking a intest in Patolo and Farmer, I still think that we need another big middle. 
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 16 Aug 2024 8:49 PM
dman2018 - 16 Aug 2024 8:45 PM

Warriors with nothing to play for next week. We should beat them easily. Just need to get in front early and keep the pressure on them. 

They are playing to give SJ a send off in front of passionate home fans.

From what I saw of the Fins / Warriors game,  we should beat both sides.

You are right about the way to beat the Warriors and ideally beat the Fins the same way we beat the Broncos. 
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 16 Aug 2024 8:48 PM
Great... We are 6th ..  
#sackgus...
#sackCC...

#SackHD...
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

hounddog - 16 Aug 2024 9:21 PM
dman2018 - 16 Aug 2024 8:48 PM

#SackHD...

5th.....6th..... Its all home final to me.....
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Not sure this is the right forum for this, but here it goes...

What do you guys call a ghost poo?

Is it when you look back at the bowl and ita gone passed the S-bend, or is it when you wipe and there is no evidence of it?
ODF
ODF
Pro

Marki has been into the breakfast cones again!
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Riiiight…

cognitive decline.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Everytime I think Cirro is going to pick a bigger forward, he never does it.

Patolo isn't listed in reserve grade,  I hope that he isn't injured. 

Salmon looks like a certain inclusion...

It is amazing how every week the game is vital and the opposition have a lot to play for. 

I win today means that we are almost certainly in the 8, and keeps top 4 in the frame.

#GoDogs

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 17 Aug 2024 9:49 AM
Not sure this is the right forum for this, but here it goes...

What do you guys call a ghost poo?

Is it when you look back at the bowl and ita gone passed the S-bend, or is it when you wipe and there is no evidence of it?

You talk shit on this forum alm the time...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

We need to tidy up the errors and use the wind in the second half. 

We are just managing to keep them in the game.

Need to ice the game from here.
ODF
ODF
Pro

Unfortunately at this point the Dogs aren't impressing me much. They look pedestrian. I hope Cirro has the phins worked out an the boys go on with it in the 2nd.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Great to get a win,

Our execution was a bit clunky and they scrabbled well.

The Fins were lucky to get 10, our defence was on top most of the game,

I hope Curran is OK.

When King gets back if we are well placed, giving Curran a rest would be a good idea.

Kiraz probably the stand out for us, a bit of a scrappy game.

A bit clunky in attack, but still scored 30, and bombed a couple of great chances.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
dogdoctor
dogdoctor
Fan
Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)

First half I though we looked a bit cocky and JAC coming of the line in D very suspect in my view- can't imagine  CC is coaching that but perhaps he is??

if I was belamy or cleary the grubber behind Addo Carr  on a late  wide shift would be the go

2nd half very very smart, controlled and patient. Something missing for years  perhaps 2004 ,the 90's and the 80's.

Everyone played well.  Tracy, kiraz, Xerri ,Burton ,Kikau, preston, Hayward, mann ,Hayes, hughes ,morrin great, sexi controlled barr the intercept , and how good was Curren again- he is machine and fit- I could be wrong  but played all but the last 3 minutes  - Salmon is someone I have had to change my opinion about - set up that left hand try with good hands and a demon in defence- gee who towrope whenKing returns if indeed hhe does- probably hayes- reed a little off in my view too cocky today and Critter ok
dogdoctor
dogdoctor
Fan
Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)

dman2018 - 17 Aug 2024 12:57 PM
Marki - 17 Aug 2024 9:49 AM

You talk shit on this forum alm the time...

it is a trump turd when you think its gone only to return after the flush
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dogdoctor - 17 Aug 2024 5:38 PM
First half I though we looked a bit cocky and JAC coming of the line in D very suspect in my view- can't imagine  CC is coaching that but perhaps he is??

if I was belamy or cleary the grubber behind Addo Carr  on a late  wide shift would be the go

2nd half very very smart, controlled and patient. Something missing for years  perhaps 2004 ,the 90's and the 80's.

Everyone played well.  Tracy, kiraz, Xerri ,Burton ,Kikau, preston, Hayward, mann ,Hayes, hughes ,morrin great, sexi controlled barr the intercept , and how good was Curren again- he is machine and fit- I could be wrong  but played all but the last 3 minutes  - Salmon is someone I have had to change my opinion about - set up that left hand try with good hands and a demon in defence- gee who towrope whenKing returns if indeed hhe does- probably hayes- reed a little off in my view too cocky today and Critter ok

According to the stats Curran played 56 mins, off after 29 back on at 54 off again at 76.

He might have been injured when he came off, or perhaps just buggered?

With the short turn around and a physical Warriors game, I think a game off might help his shoulder. 

But apparently this time of year many players have that injury and just get a needle. 

Max King should be back soon, a win against the Warriors and the side at full strength for the last 2 games would be ideal.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

hounddog - 16 Aug 2024 9:17 PM
Micko - 16 Aug 2024 8:49 PM

They are playing to give SJ a send off in front of passionate home fans.

From what I saw of the Fins / Warriors game,  we should beat both sides.

You are right about the way to beat the Warriors and ideally beat the Fins the same way we beat the Broncos. 

Play the same game next week and we should win. That game today solidified the run that we are on. 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

hounddog - 17 Aug 2024 4:56 PM
Great to get a win,

Our execution was a bit clunky and they scrabbled well.

The Fins were lucky to get 10, our defence was on top most of the game,

I hope Curran is OK.

When King gets back if we are well placed, giving Curran a rest would be a good idea.

Kiraz probably the stand out for us, a bit of a scrappy game.

A bit clunky in attack, but still scored 30, and bombed a couple of great chances.

Burto was best on ground for me. His running game finally started to show. A real captains knock with the c next to his name. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 17 Aug 2024 8:40 PM
hounddog - 17 Aug 2024 4:56 PM

Burto was best on ground for me. His running game finally started to show. A real captains knock with the c next to his name. 

I rewatched the game, it sometimes looks different when you know the result.

Both sides played better than I initially thought. 

The Fins tried to counter our ball movement with fast moving up and in defence. 

What was impressive was that we expected that and shifted our style of attack to play through them.

Curran's shoulder injury definitely needs to be managed . Gus is downplaying it. What could be happening is the needle wearing off. Gutsy player one of many at the club.

ODF
ODF
Pro

Oh well, it's disappointing Newcastle are useless but at the same time I see the sharts as cannon fodder against he storm.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

ODF - 18 Aug 2024 6:08 PM
Oh well, it's disappointing Newcastle are useless but at the same time I see the sharts as cannon fodder against he storm.

Still a chance. Sharts play Saints in Woolongong. Warriors at home. The Manly in Manly. They could easily drop those two away games. We also could easily win our last three. 

But in agreement about Newcastle. Just rubbish from their number seven, who I still have know idea how he makes first grade. So many chances they blew because of stupidity. Worst of all they just look so unfit. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search