The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

Author
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
charlied - 19 Aug 2024 6:14 AM
Capac - 18 Aug 2024 9:52 PM

He wouldn't be on the bench if it was fitness. Bit of a joke all that rubbish about losing him to England. Our younger players can be so overhyped. Can't be helpful to them. 

He's just joined so he has to learn the system and he doesn't have too much match fitness as yet. The manager might be under a bit of pressure already. Cardiff play some dire football so I suspect his skill will make them look better. There were positive comments about his League Cup appearance. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

So my AA of the week are circati and Ballard both played full matches in good results against good teams 

Room for improvement 
Mcgree stop getting injured lad 
Silvera needs to score or assist 

Next up tomorrow is ange and Nestor might feature in a friendly for bayern 
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

charlied - 19 Aug 2024 6:14 AM
Capac - 18 Aug 2024 9:52 PM

He wouldn't be on the bench if it was fitness. Bit of a joke all that rubbish about losing him to England. Our younger players can be so overhyped. Can't be helpful to them. 

Robertson only just transferred in and has been recovering from a serious injury. I don't think there is anything to be concerned about. 
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
grazorblade - 19 Aug 2024 3:57 AM
Volpato not in the squad

Not making Serie B match day squads but is holding out for Italy?
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Bowden - 19 Aug 2024 9:22 AM
grazorblade - 19 Aug 2024 3:57 AM

Not making Serie B match day squads but is holding out for Italy?

I love all the unhinged saying how when Volpato went to Italy it was a sign that a-league sucks and clubs don't know what they are doing.."what a joke' blah blah blah..looks like they know more than the Serie a or b lol 
Mr Cleansheets
Mr Cleansheets
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

tsf - 19 Aug 2024 10:57 AM
Bowden - 19 Aug 2024 9:22 AM

I love all the unhinged saying how when Volpato went to Italy it was a sign that a-league sucks and clubs don't know what they are doing.."what a joke' blah blah blah..looks like they know more than the Serie a or b lol 

And frankly, the few highlights I've seen of Volpato don't excite me in the slightest. It's all hype over reality so far ... unlike Irankunda.

Balard had a fantastic year for the Mariners last year. A big season at NAC could massively raise his profile.
Capac
Capac
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

I think we've seen over the last few years that the best prospects seem to be coming from the A League and the guys that are going to overseas academy's aren't breaking through as much. 

Obviously there's a few outliers, Robertson, Irvine, Circati etc but I think overall just making a European academy is no guarantee of professional success. There are many more who were in top level academy's who haven't done as well. 
mark_000au
mark_000au
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

grazorblade - 18 Aug 2024 3:08 AM
johnszasz - 18 Aug 2024 2:29 AM

An article in indonesia celebrated bos' injury. Must have marked him as a key player!

To me the key players for the Socceroos are

Goodwin
Yengi
Souttar 

Circati (will be important)
Irvine (still important only if he stops his cheap turnovers)

The rest are whatever 

jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

Not sure its got to do with where they came from the guys doing well who are19/20 have been playing full pro football for a few years now. THAT is the big difference, normally its 23-25.

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

This is my favourite thread, now that season has started, every week I come here to see how the Aussies are doing O/S.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Kalik played full game for Hajduk in a win 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

jas88 - 19 Aug 2024 3:49 PM
Not sure its got to do with where they came from the guys doing well who are19/20 have been playing full pro football for a few years now. THAT is the big difference, normally its 23-25.

Need players dominating and leaving for europe just 1 to 2 years earlier to get back to where we were. A league graduates are getting younger and better but not quite there yet
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (741 reputation)Amateur (741 reputation)Amateur (741 reputation)Amateur (741 reputation)Amateur (741 reputation)Amateur (741 reputation)Amateur (741 reputation)Amateur (741 reputation)Amateur (741 reputation)Amateur (741 reputation)Amateur (741 reputation)

Highlights of Portsmouth v Luton showed Silvera looking sharp but on their fans forum opinion about him is divided.

Balard looked very good in the NAC Breda v Ajax game.That was a very good win for NAC.As others have already stated his tackle and crossfield pass leading to the first goal was very classy.

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Booney - 19 Aug 2024 5:24 PM
Highlights of Portsmouth v Luton showed Silvera looking sharp but on their fans forum opinion about him is divided.

Balard looked very good in the NAC Breda v Ajax game.That was a very good win for NAC.As others have already stated his tackle and crossfield pass leading to the first goal was very classy.

online scouts and analysts for portsmouth love him but other fans are starting to scape goat him. 

mabil apparently had 8 goal involvements in a cup game

we have quite a bit of competition for places
samb
samb
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Holy cow, Mabil had 3 goals and 5 assists in a 9-0 rout for Grasshopper in the Swiss Cup(?)
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

samb - 19 Aug 2024 6:35 PM
Holy cow, Mabil had 3 goals and 5 assists in a 9-0 rout for Grasshopper in the Swiss Cup(?)

Can only beat what's in front but it was an amateur side. Still good for confidence.
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

It isn't the best footage (ground level) but Balards assist for NAC Breda:
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/TGFdMK1NK9tYkcjs/?mibextid=oFDknk

Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro

NAC Breda v Ajax highlights. Balards assist from 2:00. 
https://youtu.be/_4ErWIbsAA0?si=64dbdDtV1M0609hr

Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro

Circati full game for Parma is massive. I reckon he and Souttar have great potential as a CB pairing. It's a shame Rowles can't play RB. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Quicky - 19 Aug 2024 7:38 PM
NAC Breda v Ajax highlights. Balards assist from 2:00. 
https://youtu.be/_4ErWIbsAA0?si=64dbdDtV1M0609hr

Geez Ballards assist was a thing of beauty. I admit I never noticed him last season but he's putting his hand up to start in the socceroos midfield 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Quicky - 19 Aug 2024 7:51 PM
Circati full game for Parma is massive. I reckon he and Souttar have great potential as a CB pairing. It's a shame Rowles can't play RB. 

It's a dilemma now because if he's defensively sound and can pass well then he should be played at RB to compensate for the issues there. If he's not going to advance up the wing then that region would be a perfect balance for now. Just because a player is listed at RB on a team sheet won't mean he'll stand there for a full 90min. In turn we don't have to waste spots on Jones and Miller and Circati/ Baccus/ Metcalfe/ Leckie can be the right back cohort allowing us to select more heavily in attacking positions. The same goes for Rowles at LB. Rowles, Bos suffice. We don't need Behich
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro

johnszasz - 19 Aug 2024 8:59 PM
Quicky - 19 Aug 2024 7:51 PM

It's a dilemma now because if he's defensively sound and can pass well then he should be played at RB to compensate for the issues there. If he's not going to advance up the wing then that region would be a perfect balance for now. Just because a player is listed at RB on a team sheet won't mean he'll stand there for a full 90min. In turn we don't have to waste spots on Jones and Miller and Circati/ Baccus/ Metcalfe/ Leckie can be the right back cohort allowing us to select more heavily in attacking positions. The same goes for Rowles at LB. Rowles, Bos suffice. We don't need Behich

Rowles didn't play this week so may have lost his spot? Burgess won't play now unless Greaves is injured. I'm not sure we can afford to play Circati at RB if those two aren't playing. 

I really wonder if we should try Stensness who is playing and in good form albeit in a different position. Another left field idea, if Triantis can play DM, can he play RB? Again would need to be playing though. 

I reckon we'll get Gethin and Miller. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Quicky - 19 Aug 2024 9:25 PM

Rowles didn't play this week so may have lost his spot? Burgess won't play now unless Greaves is injured. I'm not sure we can afford to play Circati at RB if those two aren't playing. 

I really wonder if we should try Stensness who is playing and in good form albeit in a different position. Another left field idea, if Triantis can play DM, can he play RB? Again would need to be playing though. 

Scottish League cup rotation. Nothing to worry about.

Stensness scarred me from his national team games.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Was a cup game. Rowles played regular season
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro

johnszasz - 19 Aug 2024 9:36 PM

Scottish League cup rotation. Nothing to worry about.

Stensness scarred me from his national team games.

That's good to know re: Rowles. I was worried. We're cooked at RB until Strain gets fit again. 

Bos - Rowles - Souttar - Circati isn't the worst. 

But I do hate the idea of taking our brightest young player out of his best role to plug a hole. Seems silly. I'm hoping we can plug it some other way haha.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Ipswich loan Cajuste on loan from Napoli. Another centre mid. That's 5 good mids now for a wider campaign and the future. Why do I have the suspicion that Luongo will get a deadline day loan to The Championship? 
samb
samb
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Sebastian Esposito made the very long bench for Lecce as they were defeated 4-0 by Atalanta in the opening game of their Serie A campaign.

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

samb - 20 Aug 2024 5:49 AM
Sebastian Esposito made the very long bench for Lecce as they were defeated 4-0 by Atalanta in the opening game of their Serie A campaign.

their benches are so depressing
samb
samb
Pro

grazorblade - 20 Aug 2024 5:51 AM
samb - 20 Aug 2024 5:49 AM

their benches are so depressing

I know, it gave me a glimmer of hope for a second until I saw there were 14 other people on it.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Triantis played as a DM in a 1-1 all draw for the Sunderland academy team 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search