2024 Australia Cup

2024 Australia Cup

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
lets move on mate, its getting no where on both counts.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I hope oakleigh lose I think they are treating their fans badly playing at the other side of the city 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 19 Aug 2024 12:52 PM
I hope oakleigh lose I think they are treating their fans badly playing at the other side of the city 

Im struggling to even give a shit about the Australia Cup now....  Its all so deflating.  20 years stringing us along by the nose with platitudes and false promises... new dawn eh? JJ can get farked like the rest of them if the NST doesn't go ahead as promised next year. 

BTW, as much as I dislike Oakleigh, thats a poor take mate, they are building themselves a decent little ground and have to inconvenience a few fans for a few cup games until theirs is built.....  At least they didn't host games in Tasmania like the franchises do. hahahahah
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 19 Aug 2024 1:20 PM
Melbcityguy - 19 Aug 2024 12:52 PM

Im struggling to even give a shit about the Australia Cup now....  Its all so deflating.  20 years stringing us along by the nose with platitudes and false promises... new dawn eh? JJ can get farked like the rest of them if the NST doesn't go ahead as promised next year. 

BTW, as much as I dislike Oakleigh, thats a poor take mate, they are building themselves a decent little ground and have to inconvenience a few fans for a few cup games until theirs is built.....  At least they didn't host games in Tasmania like the franchises do. hahahahah

I think oakleigh could of found another ground in the South East. Playing it in bunderra like playing it in tasmania is just letting the fans down.

As for the Australia cup besides the coverage from ten don't see how it's any different. The clubs need to sell it to the fans people need to turn up that's for it to work that's it.

I'm staying out of nst I'm just ignorant to any of the politics.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 20 Aug 2024 10:53 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 19 Aug 2024 1:20 PM

I think oakleigh could of found another ground in the South East. Playing it in bunderra like playing it in tasmania is just letting the fans down.

As for the Australia cup besides the coverage from ten don't see how it's any different. The clubs need to sell it to the fans people need to turn up that's for it to work that's it.

I'm staying out of nst I'm just ignorant to any of the politics.

They aren't very well liked amongst other NPL clubs unfortunately and the presidents wife and best friend ARE Football Victoria so it was always going to be there.

Good news is Monash Council is making great progress with their ground...

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Australia cup is on now 
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Surely to fuck, Newcastle had a better venue than this to play at. The NPL teams have better than this eyesore.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 25 Aug 2024 3:26 PM
Australia cup is on now 

It IS indeed :P
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 25 Aug 2024 4:52 PM
Surely to fuck, Newcastle had a better venue than this to play at. The NPL teams have better than this eyesore.

Maitland Sports Ground, didn't look too bad to me, surface looked very playable.
Couple of cracker last 2 bull goals.

MSC what a winning goal !
Your Qld mates sure gave you a game mind you.
Congrats main thing live for another day !!

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 26 Aug 2024 11:22 AM
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 25 Aug 2024 4:52 PM

Maitland Sports Ground, didn't look too bad to me, surface looked very playable.
Couple of cracker last 2 bull goals.

MSC what a winning goal !
Your Qld mates sure gave you a game mind you.
Congrats main thing live for another day !!

Absolutely mate.... They played an immense game, kudos to them travelling down here and facing a one hour break in play due to wild weather..  We hammered them the second half but left it really late to get the equaliser.... never had a doubt but that peach of a goal by Marco will be in the memory for a long time.... amazing watching it go in live, like it was slow motion.... :)
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

As much as I'd like my team to win silverware, I reckon we need an all NPL cup final this year (for the good of the game). It would add some much needed momentum for the NST as well as lighting a fire under the bums of the A-League clubs to get their shit together.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

someguyjc - 26 Aug 2024 2:31 PM
As much as I'd like my team to win silverware, I reckon we need an all NPL cup final this year (for the good of the game). It would add some much needed momentum for the NST as well as lighting a fire under the bums of the A-League clubs to get their shit together.

all will be fine with the APL SFC having signed one of the biggest names to play on our shores will lift the attendances like ADP.

Oh yer a all NPL Finale would be the ducks guts for the game what a hoot that would be - I'm dreamin again.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

You never know what can happen in cup , I dont kjnow much about Moreton Bay and Kingsway or even Spirit these days,,, Maybe Lions QLD?  It would have helped if all the VIC NPL clubs weren't on the same side of the draw :(
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 26 Aug 2024 2:59 PM

all will be fine with the APL SFC having signed one of the biggest names to play on our shores will lift the attendances like ADP.

Oh yer a all NPL Finale would be the ducks guts for the game what a hoot that would be - I'm dreamin again.

WTF??? c'mon mate, seriously? hahahahahahaha 
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)

Would be awesome. Then they'll be in ACL2 next year playing against some of the biggest clubs from Japan, Korea and China, imagine that!

Actually, it might hammer our coefficient... I'm a bit torn now.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

HappyGuus - 26 Aug 2024 3:36 PM

Would be awesome. Then they'll be in ACL2 next year playing against some of the biggest clubs from Japan, Korea and China, imagine that!

Actually, it might hammer our coefficient... I'm a bit torn now.

Yeah, wouldn't want to spoil all the stellar work the APL clubs have been doing abroad eh? lol
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 26 Aug 2024 5:22 PM
HappyGuus - 26 Aug 2024 3:36 PM

Yeah, wouldn't want to spoil all the stellar work the APL clubs have been doing abroad eh? lol

I actually typed that in my reply but deleted it when I remembered the Mariners just winning the cup haha. I don't think I could've won whatever I typed there.

SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 26 Aug 2024 11:31 AM
LFC. - 26 Aug 2024 11:22 AM

Absolutely mate.... They played an immense game, kudos to them travelling down here and facing a one hour break in play due to wild weather..  We hammered them the second half but left it really late to get the equaliser.... never had a doubt but that peach of a goal by Marco will be in the memory for a long time.... amazing watching it go in live, like it was slow motion.... :)

That was the goalkeeper in slow motion. A womens keeper would have been embarrased by the effort.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

A bloke at work went to the south Melbourne vs Olympic match and had a great time his second football match ever you love to hear it 👍
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 26 Aug 2024 8:17 PM

That was the goalkeeper in slow motion. A womens keeper would have been embarrased by the effort.

Yep, was shit goalkeeping. A very short keeper, too far off his line to start with, not being awake to the possibility of a direct shot, slow movement backwards, an retracting his arm while diving.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

HappyGuus - 26 Aug 2024 6:52 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 26 Aug 2024 5:22 PM

I actually typed that in my reply but deleted it when I remembered the Mariners just winning the cup haha. I don't think I could've won whatever I typed there.

Hahahahahah If anything an NPL club will at least take the comp seriously, albeit with 1/4 of the resources... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://www.google.com/search?q=rangers+goalkeeping+howler&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU863AU863&oq=rangers+goalkeeping+howler&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRifBdIBCTU5NTZqMGoxNagCCLACAQ&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:60658bf6,vid:yUXJZEFeZdw,st:0

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 26 Aug 2024 8:28 PM
A bloke at work went to the south Melbourne vs Olympic match and had a great time his second football match ever you love to hear it 👍

Good to hear mate.... Hope he comes again... Friday night semi final against Hume perhaps?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Keeper66 - 26 Aug 2024 10:42 PM

Yep, was shit goalkeeping. A very short keeper, too far off his line to start with, not being awake to the possibility of a direct shot, slow movement backwards, an retracting his arm while diving.

Jankovic had lofted a few towards the back stick earlier in the game and I get the feeling the keeper (who had just saved a penno btw) got a little too smart for his own good... 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Aug 2024 10:10 AM
Melbcityguy - 26 Aug 2024 8:28 PM

Good to hear mate.... Hope he comes again... Friday night semi final against Hume perhaps?

I hope Hume have a rather large eye on that game tonight instead of whats in front of them. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 27 Aug 2024 10:41 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Aug 2024 10:10 AM

I hope Hume have a rather large eye on that game tonight instead of whats in front of them. 

Are you going? I was gonna but daughter is sick so Ill stay home on the couch and watch.

Idemo Srbija!!!!!!!!! ....
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan

Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Aug 2024 10:07 AM
HappyGuus - 26 Aug 2024 6:52 PM

Hahahahahah If anything an NPL club will at least take the comp seriously, albeit with 1/4 of the resources... 

I would've loved to have seen an NPL club in that competition last season before the Korean and Japanese clubs are added. South back on the international stage, surely would've got out of the group stage at least. Bad thing is there's no money in it unless you win the whole thing.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

HappyGuus - 27 Aug 2024 11:15 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Aug 2024 10:07 AM

I would've loved to have seen an NPL club in that competition last season before the Korean and Japanese clubs are added. South back on the international stage, surely would've got out of the group stage at least. Bad thing is there's no money in it unless you win the whole thing.

Money is fleeting, class is eternal :P
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Aug 2024 10:09 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=rangers+goalkeeping+howler&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU863AU863&oq=rangers+goalkeeping+howler&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRifBdIBCTU5NTZqMGoxNagCCLACAQ&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:60658bf6,vid:yUXJZEFeZdw,st:0

This has nothing to with Rangers. Please keep on point.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Aug 2024 10:47 AM
tsf - 27 Aug 2024 10:41 AM

Are you going? I was gonna but daughter is sick so Ill stay home on the couch and watch.

Idemo Srbija!!!!!!!!! ....

TBH, maybe not. Just spoke to a mate, but I might have to take care of something I can't get out of. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search