BDP

Author
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Roosters will be almost as impossible to beat as Melbourne. If we somehow beat Manly. 

The bar is here ————-

we need to get here ———-

we have been here this year ————

hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Micko - 14 Sep 2024 10:50 PM
Roosters will be almost as impossible to beat as Melbourne. If we somehow beat Manly. 

The bar is here ————-

we need to get here ———-

we have been here this year ————

One game at a time, we need to beat Manly first.

Aside from us, I think that they are the weakest teak in the 8. 

If we win we can estimate our chances of going further. 

The Roosters will be tough to beat.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

C'mon boys!!!...

Maybe don't bother watching Micko... The negativity is becoming tiresome... I think the only positive post over seen from you in months was on TK... It's Mocklike...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

If we win it will be epic...

If we lose I'm blaming Mark's AFL posts.

Hopoi has the right size and technique to aim his shoulder at the ball in the first 20 mins.

The fact that Cirro doesn't seem to be making changes tells me that he isn't concerned about our ability to start well.

IMO those Manly props run upright and the ball can be a tackle target.

Or will will probably just use swarming defence with numbers in the tackle had some of that against the Cows.

So there are 2 ways our defence can handle their big boys in the first 20 mins.

When it comes to ball security the game against the Broncos was the only time I remember us making few mistakes.  Completing our sets, a good kick and a good chase is essential especially for the first 20 mins.

All sides lift in semi finals,  but the winning formula isn't rocket science.  Turn the game into a contest of fitness and workrate,  we win easily.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 15 Sep 2024 10:25 AM

Hopoi has the right size and technique to aim his shoulder at the ball in the first 20 mins.

The fact that Cirro doesn't seem to be making changes tells me that he isn't concerned about our ability to start well.

Or will will probably just use swarming defence with numbers in the tackle had some of that against the Cows.

When it comes to ball security the game against the Broncos was the only time I remember us making few mistakes.  Completing our sets, a good kick and a good chase is essential especially for the first 20 mins.

All sides lift in semi finals,  but the winning formula isn't rocket science.  Turn the game into a contest of fitness and workrate,  we win easily.

We can't possibly play as poorly as we did the pat couple of weeks... I reckon the travel in the preceding weeks had a significant toll... When coupled with our early errors it made it difficult from there...

Manly played their bet game all year that week...

A couple of early Burto bombs with Kiks smashing Turbo will set the scene...
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Micko - 14 Sep 2024 10:44 PM
dman2018 - 13 Sep 2024 8:44 PM

I know more about politics than most. 

Trump is a terrible orator. But what’s worse is his inability to follow his speech guidelines. Speech writers don’t simply write out your speeches. You are instructed what to say in every instance. You are also given cues in what to say and when. Trump can’t follow suit and just rambles on intangibles. It’s as close to deranged as possible. 

Trump beat Clinton because she was a woman and most were over the Democratic Party because they had enough time in office. People get sick of the same party because they are stupid. They like the shiny new toy because they are stupid. And they liked Trump because he was exactly that. He promised heaps and prayed on people’s fears. Very similar to what Hittler did. The difference was that Hittler was one of the greatest orators in history. 

Now politicians caring. If you don’t know many I would suggest not commenting. Because I haven’t met one that didn’t go into it for the right reasons. Almost all think they can improve the country. Almost all think they can help people improve their lives. If they wanted money they wouldn’t get into politics as all make a lot more outside of it. 

Conspiracy theories are for the ignorant. 

Small doses of Trump are good for the American people. 

As you say, you cant have the same people ruling the same country for years on end. People get bored, curious, or simply believe the grass is greener on the other side. Its natural and generational in the world of politics.

Sometimes, a country's people need to learn to fend for themselves rather than wait for things to drop on their lap. Trump brings that. It worked tye first time ge was in office. It might work again.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

hounddog - 15 Sep 2024 7:45 AM
Micko - 14 Sep 2024 10:50 PM

One game at a time, we need to beat Manly first.

Aside from us, I think that they are the weakest teak in the 8. 

If we win we can estimate our chances of going further. 

The Roosters will be tough to beat.

I actually thought Knights and Dogs were clearly the weakest. Easts were fine until their injury toll. Sharks proved they are only good for 1 or 2 games at most, but we all suspected that anyway.

I think Cows and Manly are capable of winning it from outside the top 4. Hopefully we can knock off Manly so they don't get the chance.

Hard to think Storm and Panthers are primed to make the GF.
Marki
Marki
World Class

What i dont want to see is stupidity in trying to tackle Turbo hard on the ground. The refs atent stupid, they will penalise us.

Just let his injury run its course. He'll do it himself or with some kick pressure. No need to overstep the mark amd give away penalties which can hurt us downfield.

Need to be smart. Or better still, need to not be stupid.
Marki
Marki
World Class

Marki - 15 Sep 2024 11:21 AM

I actually thought Knights and Dogs were clearly the weakest. Easts were fine until their injury toll. Sharks proved they are only good for 1 or 2 games at most, but we all suspected that anyway.

I think Cows and Manly are capable of winning it from outside the top 4. Hopefully we can knock off Manly so they don't get the chance.

...are not primed *
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 15 Sep 2024 11:21 AM

I was tossing up on Manly / Knights...

Manly are the weakest remaining team, or we are.

From what I have seen so far, the winner probably comes from the top 4 and probably the top 2.

Cows are a better chance than Msnly. If Manly beat us, then beat the Chooks.  I will change my mind. 

All remaining sides are a slim chance. I want to see if we can win today before guessing our chances.  A good win will put us in contention. 

The season was a success,  but I want to see a semi-final standard effort from the team this week.

If our best isn't good enough,  I can live with that, but a lack of intensity and dropped balls will be hard to cop. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 15 Sep 2024 11:24 AM

What i dont want to see is stupidity in trying to tackle Turbo hard on the ground. The refs atent stupid, they will penalise us.

Just let his injury run its course. He'll do it himself or with some kick pressure. No need to overstep the mark amd give away penalties which can hurt us downfield.

Need to be smart. Or better still, need to not be stupid.

Controlled aggression ..

Discipline discipline discipline is key...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Flegg Boys beat minor premiers Canberra 15-14 in extra time in what think is the GF qualifier. 

So one Dogs team into a GF, one to come.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

dman2018 - 13 Sep 2024 8:44 PM

I know more about politics than most. 

Trump is a terrible orator. But what’s worse is his inability to follow his speech guidelines. Speech writers don’t simply write out your speeches. You are instructed what to say in every instance. You are also given cues in what to say and when. Trump can’t follow suit and just rambles on intangibles. It’s as close to deranged as possible. 

Trump beat Clinton because she was a woman and most were over the Democratic Party because they had enough time in office. People get sick of the same party because they are stupid. They like the shiny new toy because they are stupid. And they liked Trump because he was exactly that. He promised heaps and prayed on people’s fears. Very similar to what Hittler did. The difference was that Hittler was one of the greatest orators in history. 

Now politicians caring. If you don’t know many I would suggest not commenting. Because I haven’t met one that didn’t go into it for the right reasons. Almost all think they can improve the country. Almost all think they can help people improve their lives. If they wanted money they wouldn’t get into politics as all make a lot more outside of it. 

Conspiracy theories are for the ignorant. 

Thanks Micko... Clearly  you know many pollies and are sticking up for your mates... What a surprise you ask I refrain from commenting... Hopefully your mate Albo can shut my dangerous diatribe down ..

My heart bleeds for all those pollies who gave up a fortune in the corporate or other worlds to make less money to help you and I... All those destitute ex pollies .. poor bastards...

Lolol... Hitler... Thanks for parroting a popular soundbite... Next you'll be telling us about Russian collusion... Not that that was a conspiracy... 

Not ready for a woman???... According to her the election was stolen... So they were ready, she was just robbed...

Anyway, no more on this from me... I'll stick with my assertion dismissing all conspiracies is as ignorant as believing all conspiracies...

Up the Dogs!!!
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

dman2018 - 15 Sep 2024 1:02 PM

Thanks Micko... Clearly  you know many pollies and are sticking up for your mates... What a surprise you ask I refrain from commenting... Hopefully your mate Albo can shut my dangerous diatribe down ..

My heart bleeds for all those pollies who gave up a fortune in the corporate or other worlds to make less money to help you and I... All those destitute ex pollies .. poor bastards...

Lolol... Hitler... Thanks for parroting a popular soundbite... Next you'll be telling us about Russian collusion... Not that that was a conspiracy... 

Not ready for a woman???... According to her the election was stolen... So they were ready, she was just robbed...

Anyway, no more on this from me... I'll stick with my assertion dismissing all conspiracies is as ignorant as believing all conspiracies...

Up the Dogs!!!

Believe what you like mate. Just remember it can be dangerous to do so in ignorance. 

Maybe read up on Hillory, what was said and when. And compare that to what Trump did. Although I think your mind is made up unfortunately. 

Maybe go meet your local members. You’ll find the majority of politicians on all sides genuinely care and want to do the right thing for the people they represent. 

However. It’s game day today. Go the Dogs! Hope we smash Manly by a hundred. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Hey lads, we can have the conspiracy theory chat in the off season.  Just let me know the dates and I'll schedule some home maintenance or gardening...

Go Dogs....
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 15 Sep 2024 2:22 PM
Hey lads, we can have the conspiracy theory chat in the off season.  Just let me know the dates and I'll schedule some home maintenance or gardening...

Go Dogs....

Good idea... That grassy knoll is in need of a trim...

I'm a fekking nervous wreck... C'mon boys!!!...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Great start  - loving this.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Shame Skelton didn't score.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

So they are letting manly get away with a knock on AND a forward pass for a try... that'll do it for me. The ref is a cheat and the bunker is cooked.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Very good start.. the better side with no luck... Just happy manly is perfect in the ruck...
Hoping for a 2nd half shit out with the wind...
Skelly owes us 2 trys...
Marki
Marki
World Class

Leading at half time.....TICK!
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Feel like we concede a heap of trys in the last 3 minutes of a half...
C'mon boys... Carbon copy of the 1st half will do me just fine...
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

If they start spreading the ball we can tire their forwards and use the breeze for a shitload of metres and pin them on their own tryline.
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker
Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)

Luck going their way big time ....
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker
Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)

zoz2015 - 15 Sep 2024 5:45 PM
Luck going their way big time ....

Good while it lasted 
ODF
ODF
Pro

You can't beat he 14th man.
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker

zoz2015 - 15 Sep 2024 5:47 PM
zoz2015 - 15 Sep 2024 5:45 PM

Good while it lasted 

Poor Burto let's go 2025 
Marki
Marki
World Class

Marki - 15 Sep 2024 4:59 PM
Leading at half time.....TICK!

Leading at full-time.....FAIL.

Good effort and good season. Im not as upset as id normally be. Probably because they put in a good performance.

We will need a FB going forward though. Tracey wont cut it in big games. 
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker

zoz2015 - 15 Sep 2024 5:55 PM
zoz2015 - 15 Sep 2024 5:47 PM

Poor Burto let's go 2025 

Penrith or Sharks to win the comp for me now . 
Could not handle Womanly Goosters or Storm  winning it . 
Ref will probably get Storm over the line . 

zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker

Marki - 15 Sep 2024 5:59 PM
Marki - 15 Sep 2024 4:59 PM

Leading at full-time.....FAIL.

Good effort and good season. Im not as upset as id normally be. Probably because they put in a good performance.

We will need a FB going forward though. Tracey wont cut it in big games. 

Least went down with a fight .. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search