2024 Australia Cup

2024 Australia Cup

Author
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
West Adelaide Hellas - 22 Sep 2024 6:34 PM
South Melbourne playing like Stoke City when they had Rory Delap. 

Good for a goal those long throws if we had our full compliment of talls. The delivery on them for most were excellent.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

southoftheyarra - 22 Sep 2024 8:46 PM
Amazed with the lack of fans from Macarthur, olympic had more fans ... fuck it Wellington had more fans 

Even OAKLEIGH had more fans.... hahahahahahaha
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

SMFC and proud - 22 Sep 2024 10:58 PM
You couldn’t tell who the A League team was out there. Gap between NPL and AL has narrowed big time. NPL standard is pretty much the same as it ever was however the AL has plummeted significantly. Fancy needing a dodgy penalty to beat a bunch of hack part timers. MacArthur looked truly awful. Imagine paying good money to watch that slop every week. Someone mentioned to me at the ground that they even made the finals last season lol. 

You could see wyt they poached big Harry though... truly woeful final ball to ... nobody... That balding guy that got the red card was a grubby lifftle fucker and Uskok??? How he wasn't carded is still a miracle... Oh well... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

SoccerLogic - 22 Sep 2024 11:05 PM
Shit way to exit the cup. Well done to the South boys though. 39 games this season and an unforgettable cup run.

39 games and only 6 losses......  next season we go again.... 
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 Sep 2024 9:39 AM
SMFC and proud - 22 Sep 2024 10:58 PM

How he wasn't carded is still a miracle... Oh well... 

What were the odds ?
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

numklpkgulftumch - 23 Sep 2024 9:43 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 23 Sep 2024 9:39 AM

What were the odds ?

3 to1 I think, but better check with the bookies.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

C'mon lads this just reads as having a sook we're better then that and I wanted a south vs victory final. Shit result but now south has a bit of fire in the belly for next year and a bit of a rivalry with MacArthur now 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 23 Sep 2024 12:20 PM
C'mon lads this just reads as having a sook we're better then that and I wanted a south vs victory final. Shit result but now south has a bit of fire in the belly for next year and a bit of a rivalry with MacArthur now 

Not sure where you see the sook mate? One team had to win... thats football...  as for a "rivalry" pty ltd with McArthur??? hahahahahaha Im not sure you quite get how it works..... 
southoftheyarra
southoftheyarra
Fan
Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 Sep 2024 1:56 PM
Melbcityguy - 23 Sep 2024 12:20 PM

Not sure where you see the sook mate? One team had to win... thats football...  as for a "rivalry" pty ltd with McArthur??? hahahahahaha Im not sure you quite get how it works..... 

Don't worry MSC, according to the A-League you can just create rivalries / derbies out of thin air!
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

southoftheyarra - 23 Sep 2024 3:37 PM

Don't worry MSC, according to the A-League you can just create rivalries / derbies out of thin air!

The bloke behind me was convinced Mcarthur were from QLD and didnt believe me when I told him they were from Norhern Sydney... THATS how much of a rivalry we have.. hahahahahaha 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

So if you were to get MacArthur next year in the draw you're telling me your fans aren't drooling from their mouth to knock them out! 
southoftheyarra
southoftheyarra
Fan
Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 23 Sep 2024 5:46 PM
So if you were to get MacArthur next year in the draw you're telling me your fans aren't drooling from their mouth to knock them out! 

Drooling at the mouth to knock anyone out of the cup. It's the best comp in Australia!
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 Sep 2024 4:14 PM

The bloke behind me was convinced Mcarthur were from QLD and didnt believe me when I told him they were from Norhern Sydney... THATS how much of a rivalry we have.. hahahahahaha 

Except , that they are from Western Sydney.
southoftheyarra
southoftheyarra
Fan

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 23 Sep 2024 6:53 PM

South West according to google lol.
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

southoftheyarra - 23 Sep 2024 7:00 PM

South West according to google lol.

To us , who live here, it is definitely WEST.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Nobody is talking about the final taking place on Sunday night .
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 23 Sep 2024 5:46 PM

Like South of the Yarra said above mate... would be no different than knocking ANY club out of the cup...  The goal is to get to the final who cares who we play? (we are always drawn with Knights anyways lol) A match up along the way with Victory or Perth Glory would be fun but apart from that the only true rivalries are with clubs we have been playing for decades not just one match.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

???? Shit Sydney geography is confusing.... 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Northbridge+Oval/@-33.8348727,151.1937513,13z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x6b12aeb25c20afcf:0xf017d68f9f0fce0!8m2!3d-33.8129645!4d151.219758!16s%2Fg%2F1wj_65jt?entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI0MDkxOC4xIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 24 Sep 2024 7:11 AM

Now who is having a sook?  :)
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Yeah nothing beats the ethnic rivalries in this country!!!! Nothing screams more about Australian football more than sitting in a cafe sipping Greek coffee & reminiscing over a win over Preston Lions those bloody Macedonians.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

robbos - 24 Sep 2024 10:34 AM

Yeah nothing beats the ethnic rivalries in this country!!!! Nothing screams more about Australian football more than sitting in a cafe sipping Greek coffee & reminiscing over a win over Preston Lions those bloody Macedonians.
Oh dear, somebody hit the "effniks" alarm......  quick quick we have to purify the nation.... 

southoftheyarra
southoftheyarra
Fan

I've never sat at a cafe sipping Greek coffee reminiscing over a win over Preston Lions against those bloody Macedonians. I was referring to the manufactured rivalry / derbies that the A-League produce e.g. New Zealand Derby (LOL). You can't create a rivalry with a club out of thin air, Yeah MacArthur knocked us out of the cup ... and? Rivalries with teams like Bundoora Cannons and Avondale (who I personally think our biggest rivals are) had to build over a few seasons to become a thing, a couple of comebacks, player signings and getting whipped in a final(s). 
southoftheyarra
southoftheyarra
Fan

Monoethnic Social Club - 24 Sep 2024 10:59 AM
Oh dear, somebody hit the "effniks" alarm......  quick quick we have to purify the nation.... 

It's always those bloody effniks brining their ethnic politics into the game, from here to Glasgow!
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

southoftheyarra - 24 Sep 2024 11:07 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 24 Sep 2024 10:59 AM

It's always those bloody effniks brining their ethnic politics into the game, from here to Glasgow!

GGGrrrr effniks..... They are the worst... Why cant they just dissolve the clubs their parent's parent's established and sit patiently by the phone (or is it tik tik only for APL now?) waiting for the APL to set up a branch in their specific geographical catchment area for them to support eh? filthy effniks.... 
Edited
Last Week by Monoethnic Social Club
southoftheyarra
southoftheyarra
Fan

Monoethnic Social Club - 24 Sep 2024 11:12 AM
southoftheyarra - 24 Sep 2024 11:07 AM

GGGrrrr effniks..... They are the worst... Why cant they just dissolve the clubs their parent's parent's established and sit patiently by the phone (or is it tik tik only for APL now?) waiting for the APL to set up a branch in their specific geographical catchment area for them to support eh? filthy effniks.... 

Don't those bloody wogs know that soccer in Australia is about protecting investments! 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

southoftheyarra - 24 Sep 2024 11:22 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 24 Sep 2024 11:12 AM

Don't those bloody wogs know that soccer in Australia is about protecting investments! 

Exactly, they should sit in the pub, drink an imported beer and reminisce about beating a New Zealand franchise that hasnt even been formed yet but we hate them because....... umm....because.... they are another colour? 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

I've been pretty vocal in my hatred for Sunday games. But this time around, i don't know what else they could have done. 

AAMI Park wasn’t available on October 5.

Sure, Campbelltown was available but flights to Sydney that weekend are fucked because the Storm will likely play in the NRL GF.

October 12 is an international weekend. Arzani is likely to be selected you would assume.

This Friday is not an option, because flights to Melbourne are fucked due to the Swans being in the AFL GF

That probably leaves September 29 as the only viable option.

I do have an issue with the 7:10pm kickoff. It’ll be hard for Bulls fans to travel and it’s a work night for Vuck fans, which will impact attendance. Clearly TV is a factor in this decision. I’m pretty certain this game has to be shown live on the CH10 main station.

Unfortunately, we will just have to suck it up this year and hope FA learn from it and pre-book AAMI Park, Allianz, CommBank, Hindmarsh, etc for next year’s final date.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Feed_The_Brox - 24 Sep 2024 11:52 AM

I've been pretty vocal in my hatred for Sunday games. But this time around, i don't know what else they could have done. 

AAMI Park wasn’t available on October 5.

Sure, Campbelltown was available but flights to Sydney that weekend are fucked because the Storm will likely play in the NRL GF.

October 12 is an international weekend. Arzani is likely to be selected you would assume.

This Friday is not an option, because flights to Melbourne are fucked due to the Swans being in the AFL GF

That probably leaves September 29 as the only viable option.

I do have an issue with the 7:10pm kickoff. It’ll be hard for Bulls fans to travel and it’s a work night for Vuck fans, which will impact attendance. Clearly TV is a factor in this decision. I’m pretty certain this game has to be shown live on the CH10 main station.

Unfortunately, we will just have to suck it up this year and hope FA learn from it and pre-book AAMI Park, Allianz, CommBank, Hindmarsh, etc for next year’s final date.

it proved to be a logistical impossibility for Bulls fans to travel last Sunday for a 6pm kickoff so can imagine you would get half the supporters that came to Lakeside coming to the final.... 
Glenardo
Glenardo
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (183 reputation)Hardcore Fan (183 reputation)Hardcore Fan (183 reputation)Hardcore Fan (183 reputation)Hardcore Fan (183 reputation)Hardcore Fan (183 reputation)Hardcore Fan (183 reputation)Hardcore Fan (183 reputation)Hardcore Fan (183 reputation)Hardcore Fan (183 reputation)Hardcore Fan (183 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 24 Sep 2024 9:51 AM

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Northbridge+Oval/@-33.8348727,151.1937513,13z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x6b12aeb25c20afcf:0xf017d68f9f0fce0!8m2!3d-33.8129645!4d151.219758!16s%2Fg%2F1wj_65jt?entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI0MDkxOC4xIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

Just to jump in and quickly clarify this. MacArthur are based in Campbelltown which is in outer south west Sydney, The area is somewhat equivalent to a Cranbourne or something in Melbourne. Northbridge is nothing to do with MacArthur, they’re a local npl2 club from the north shore which MacArthur essentially “bought” instead of starting their own youth system
Edited
Last Week by Glenardo
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Glenardo - 24 Sep 2024 4:50 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 24 Sep 2024 9:51 AM

Just to jump in and quickly clarify this. MacArthur are based in Campbelltown which is in outer south west Sydney, The area is somewhat equivalent to a Cranbourne or something in Melbourne. Northbridge is nothing to do with MacArthur, they’re a local npl2 club from the north shore which MacArthur essentially “bought” instead of starting their own youth system

Hmm I would have thought "the owners" would have been more inclined to buy Sydney United's youth system or was that not for sale?

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search