2024 Australia Cup

2024 Australia Cup

Author
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
If not injured or sick why wouldn’t he be in squad? Popa always played him and was in Roos squad for Bangladesh game. Strange omission 
southoftheyarra
southoftheyarra
Fan
Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)

Balin Trev - 29 Sep 2024 8:12 PM
If not injured or sick why wouldn’t he be in squad? Popa always played him and was in Roos squad for Bangladesh game. Strange omission 

Like Melbcityguy said he's probably been sat because they had a spat.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
World Class
World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)

I am really enjoying this game.

Both teams are playing some very attacking cohesive football, but also showing off some fast footed skills and solid body positioning.

Holman is cutting his way through multiple defenders often and neither team is scared of passing the ball into a congested area and trusting the receiver to continue the play. Positive football is a pleasure to watch.

And this (for Mono) without my team even getting a sniff at the cup this year after a failure to compete from the start.

Odd that Piscopo did not get a free kick as the last play of the first half - looked like Jakolis came back and took his legs out but ref just called halftime.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

southoftheyarra - 29 Sep 2024 8:16 PM
Balin Trev - 29 Sep 2024 8:12 PM

Like Melbcityguy said he's probably been sat because they had a spat.

If true Paddy is a knobend putting his own ego ahead of the teams interests. No wonder he failed in France
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Can't believe victory are losing on paper they are way better then MacArthur 
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 29 Sep 2024 8:43 PM
Can't believe victory are losing on paper they are way better then MacArthur 

But, as you know the game is played on grass, not paper.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
World Class
World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)

Second half nowhere near as good.

Victory lost most of their creative attack when Piscopo and Machach were substituted on 60 minutes.

Macarthur getting a goal off a tardy Geria keeping Drew onside, the blistering pace of Drew to make a lot of space behind, a desperate slide by Geria to make up for his mistake leaving his man unmarked, and a composed pass by Drew (after blazing away to buggery in the previous sprint and shot minutes before) to the now unmarked Jakolis who scored back across the keeper with great vision and touch.

Once they were a goal up we saw more of the deep defending Macarthur and without their starting two creative players Victory just did not seem able to pile on the pressure - despite a lot of sort of chances and some good keeping by Kurto.

Shame Victory did not manage to equalise at least and take it to extra time. That would have made it a game again.

Very willing tackling by both teams being allowed to run by much lighter reffing made for a physically demanding and challenging game.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

The bulls win the cup, victory couldn’t create enough chances and in the end they fell short it looks naive that Arzani didn’t play in this game.

The Bulls winning 2 cup finals in 3 years, they are starting to get a habit at winning this competition. 
CCM4Lifev2
CCM4Lifev2
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

Barca4Life - 29 Sep 2024 9:21 PM
The bulls win the cup, victory couldn’t create enough chances and in the end they fell short it looks naive that Arzani didn’t play in this game.

The Bulls winning 2 cup finals in 3 years, they are starting to get a habit at winning this competition. 

They get a chance at the ACL 2 now right? That's hella worth if they win it! They doubled the prize pool for the winner which is fantastic. (shame they did it the season after the mariners won it xD)
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Should we talk about mile sterjovski as a upcoming manager? 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search