♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion Thread ♔ ♕ ♚ ♛

♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion...

Author
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric 2 - 29 Sep 2024 9:05 AM
I've despaired at all the goal scoring chances not being converted that have been created by the U20s. However, late in the game against Palestine, when we went 2-1 up, I saw some of the  fastest passing and moving sequences in tight spaces  and limited time on the ball, I've see  ever seen from any age group at  Aus national team level. 

Youlley was involved in all of them, the catalyst and probably touched the ball multiple times in the 5-10 pass sequences, but also Delios the number 6 who played as sole DM in the attacking mid triangle?  Plus others who I'm not sure of their identity, who played in advanced positions? It is very difficult   for opponents to break up this  rapidfire ball movement and speedy ball circulation.

I have been  disappointed in Di Pizio, considering how  well he played for senior CCM in the AL Grand Final. Also, I've expected Waddingham to score more goals, considering how effective he has been for senior Roar at times in the AL. 

Apart from his superb winning goal against Palestine, I think Badalato, who I must  have seen play for WSW seniors in the AL, has underperformed too.

It’s no coincidence that Youlley has been our best so far, he’s also playing in Europe so that might explain why he looks a class above out there.

I do feel that being in pre season these games have have come too early for these players, their is some talented players in this group but when your not in prime fitness level whilst playing every two days it will always be a challenge for these players.

Im curious how we will go today against Saudi Arabia, but I feel what could have been for the youth teams if they are in-season, another reason why the seasons should be more aligned and the a-league should also start earlier.

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

after todays early results the situation is now clear

a draw gaurantees progression as does a win of course

a loss and we miss the asian cup
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

grazorblade - 30 Sep 2024 2:48 AM
after todays early results the situation is now clear

a draw gaurantees progression as does a win of course

a loss and we miss the asian cup

Thanks. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

reminds me of the game v peru

to my surprise we have more ball and look slightly more dangerous

so far we are quite safe playing through a high press compared to previous years
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

bodalato absolutely tearing them apart!

Still that last shot or pass not sticking at the moment...
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

i normally complain about our central players being forced wide during development (volpato, segecic, bernando etc) but bodalato is a real gun on the wing
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)

Probably our most impressive match so far

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

HappyGuus - 30 Sep 2024 4:37 AM
Probably our most impressive match so far

need to finsh one of bodalatos chances!

Easily could have had 2 with better finishing!
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

really frustrating our lack of street smarts

the number of times we have fouled a player going no where that literally had no option but try and draw a foul....
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

oof they nearly land a sucker punch after taking two players out wide and cutting back from the by line

stats at senior level show they are as bad as us at finishing. I wonder if they suffer from the same fate in having their league have a lot of foreigners taking up attacking positions
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

that last 2 minutes reminds me of that simpsons episode on soccer haha

2 minutes of the cbs passing to each other to ensure a draw (since both sides qualify with a draw)
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search