The Formula 1 Thread

The Formula 1 Thread

Author
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Barrichelo was a thug taking out Webber and almsot taking Kimmi, the other drivers seem to hold Webber in a high regard and they think he would be awesome with a good team, I remember when he was leaving BMW and there was rumours of him going to Renault and the Kimmi's Ferrari spot hadnt of been taken but Webber sold out for Red Bull when he had a realistic chance of signing with Renault, I hate Renault but he would have been way better there
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
Yeah that one is one of my all time favouites! Also that race in Nurburgring back in 2007

Nurnburgring 1997...I Coulthard/Hill 1/2 was also pretty special IIRC.
Quote:
Yeah but it was a shame that Jarno Trulli was stripped of his podium place!

#-o Yeah, that's a pretty loopy decision on their part. Strangely, it's not the first time it's happened to him.
Quote:
I hate Renault but he would have been way better there

They used to have the best corporate box on the track back in the 90's. I remember being in there when they had qualifying one year. I think it was about 1998, but that's not important, what IS important is that the corporate box went over the main straight. But that was back when there was tobacco sponsorship and Rothmans was paying all their bills.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Did you hear? Hamilton got his podium revoked and Jarno Trulli got promoted back to third for lying. What a fckan stupid little prick Hamilton is.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Yeah, sucks to be Hamilton I guess. But such is life. That's what you get really.

Can we rename this thread to "The Forumla One thread" or something??
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Can we rename this thread to "The Forumla One thread" or something??

Not a bad Idea!!

So, the Malaysian Grand Prix is on today and once again Jenson Button is pole!
Here are the results...

1. Jenson Button (GBR/Brawn-Mercedes) 1:35.181

2. Jarno Trulli (ITA/Toyota) 1:35.273

3. Sebastian Vettel (GER/Red Bull-Renault) 1:35.518

4. Rubens Barrichello (BRA/Brawn-Mercedes) 1:35.651

5. Timo Glock (GER/Toyota) 1:35.690

6. Nico Rosberg (GER/Williams-Toyota) 1:35.750

7. Mark Webber (AUS/Red Bull-Renault) 1:35.797

8. Robert Kubica (POL/BMW Sauber) 1:36.106

9. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN/Ferrari) 1:36.170

10. Fernando Alonso (ESP/Renault) 1:37.659

Eliminated in Q2:

11. Nick Heidfeld (GER/BMW Sauber)

12. Kazuki Nakajima (JPN/Williams-Toyota)

13. Lewis Hamilton (GBR/McLaren-Mercedes)

14. Heikki Kovalainen (FIN/McLaren-Mercedes)

15. Sebastien Bourdais (FRA/Toro Rosso-Ferrari)

Eliminated in Q1:

16. Felipe Massa (BRA/Ferrari)

17. Nelson Piquet Jr (BRA/Renault)

18. Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA/Force India-Ferrari)

19. Adrian Sutil (GER/Force India-Ferrari)

20. Sebastien Buemi (SUI/Toro Rosso-Ferrari)

Barrichello has a five-place grid penalty and Vettel has a 10-place grid penalty.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I dont mind Trulli but Raikonenn is my number one, I used to support F1 more than football a few years ago but havent followed it since really, wouldnt mind getting back into it though.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I used to be a fan of Trulli when he was teamed up with Fisichella, but i dropped off him a while ago, I really dont have a number one driver, must get one.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

avy1990 wrote:
I used to be a fan of Trulli when he was teamed up with Fisichella, but i dropped off him a while ago, I really dont have a number one driver, must get one.

Fernando Alonso. He is an absolute champion.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

And alonso is one of the two drivers i hate, Him and Hamilton
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

avy1990 wrote:

Actually, how about you go for Sebastian Vettel. He is a gun!
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

I might actually, I'm a big fan of the Red Bull brand, and teammates to Webber doesnt hurt, ok, I go for Vettel.
UnitedGal
UnitedGal
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

happy with 5th place

As for Vettel, the only time hes had a better lap on Mark is 3rd quali where Mark's car always have 6-10ltrs more fuel in it.
nr690
nr690
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Mark webber has to be the unluckiest driver in F1. Me i am a huge lewis hammilton fan
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

nr690 wrote:
Mark webber has to be the shittest driver in F1. Me i am a huge lewis hammilton fan

Fixed.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

nr690 wrote:
Mark webber has to be the unluckiest driver in F1. Me i am a huge lewis hammilton fan
:lol: That's such a load of bollocks. Webber's had so many chances and taken none of them, it's not that he's unlucky, he's just not nearly half the driver everybody thinks he is.
I like watching Button and Trulli drive, they're both quality. Doesn't surprise me to see Button on pole again. Championship is his for the taking.
Can't stand Alonso, the guy's so damn arrogant!
nr690
nr690
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

one or the other
nr690
nr690
Pro

afromanGT wrote:
nr690 wrote:
:lol: That's such a load of bollocks. Webber's had so many chances and taken none of them, it's not that he's unlucky, he's just not nearly half the driver everybody thinks he is.
I like watching Button and Trulli drive, they're both quality. Doesn't surprise me to see Button on pole again. Championship is his for the taking.

your kidding right ? you enjoy watching button, he came 18th last year and 15th the year before that.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

That may be, but he hasn't had the team tos upport him. He's a great driver who's had a very unreliable car during his time at Honda. When he was at Williams and Renault he suffered from being the second choice driver. The BAR Honda team lacked the balls to help him out. Now he's first choice driver, has Barichello beside him who's used to being second fiddle and a team with the know-how to get the job done. You'll see some exciting stuff from him.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

Well who watched the F1 today in Malaysia?
Far iut what a race, wht action! Too bad it was stopped but it was absolute non stop racing!!
Button now has 2 poles from 2 races and 2 wins from 2races! Who would of thought?
Webber=6th....not bad! But due to the fact that the race was cancelled before 75% of the race was completed, drivers were only awarded half points!

Here are the drivers standings:
1 Jenson Button (GBR) Brawn 15
2 Rubens Barrichello (BRA) Brawn 10
3 Jarno Trulli (ITA) Toyota 8.5
4 Timo Glock (GER) Toyota 8
5 Nick Heidfeld (GER) BMW Sauber 4
6 Fernando Alonso (ESP) Renault 4
7 Nico Rosberg (GER) Williams 3.5
8 Sebastien Buemi (SUI) Toro Rosso 2
9 Mark Webber (AUS) Red Bull 1.5
10 Lewis Hamilton (GBR) McLaren 1
11 Sebastien Bourdais (FRA) Toro Rosso 1
12 Adrian Sutil (GER) Force India 0
13 Felipe Massa (BRA) Ferrari 0
14 Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA) Force India 0
15 Kazuki Nakajima (JAP) Williams 0
16 Sebastian Vettel (GER) Red Bull 0
17 Nelson Piquet Jr. (BRA) Renault 0
18 Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Ferrari 0
19 Robert Kubica (POL) BMW Sauber 0
20 Heikki Kovalainen (FIN) McLaren 0

Edited by davidtorres: 5/4/2009 11:28:11 PM
nr690
nr690
Pro

it was pissing in malaysia i cant belive how bad it was
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

afromanGT wrote:

QFT!
When I really followed the F1 and Kimmi was when Alonso won his first title and his celebrations and arrogance used to piss me off so much. On Hamilton, whats to be a fan of? The guy is an absolute prick! I admire his driving talents but as a person he is a slimy little bastard
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Too bad it was stopped but it was absolute non stop racing!!

Um...I don't get it? How can there be 'non stop racing' and yet the race was stopped :?
Quote:
On Hamilton, whats to be a fan of? The guy is an absolute prick! I admire his driving talents but as a person he is a slimy little bastard

Makes me think of Theo Walcott actually 8-[ (Waits for backlash from Arsenal fans)
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Keep waiting.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:

Um...I don't get it? How can there be 'non stop racing' and yet the race was stopped :?

I was wondering when someone was gonna pick that one up!
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

davidtorres wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Quote:

I was wondering when someone was gonna pick that one up!

You could have been waiting a while when I'm probably the only other person who will frequent this topic :P
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

I've heard news that Lewis Hamilton wanted quit McLaren and even F1 over that cheating scandal in Melbourne. Pretty interesting stuff. I never thought it was this serious!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article6037246.ece

Edited by davidtorres: 7/4/2009 10:32:52 PM
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

Anyone watch the Chinese GP today?
Awesome race and well done to Webber.
See, if he has a good car he can do well.
Finally someone beats Brawn GP!!! lol
Well done to Vettel, Webber and Red Bull.
WHat a championship this is turning out to be
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

Damn i thought it was live tonight. Must find results.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

avy1990 wrote:

It was on One HD at 5
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

davidtorres wrote:
avy1990 wrote:

It was on One HD at 5

I dont get One HD here yet, fucking Channel Ten.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search