The Formula 1 Thread

The Formula 1 Thread

Author
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Ferrari's new car for this season. =p~

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

I prefer the Ferrari cars with the old Marlboro Advertising on it. Looked so much better. I don't know why theres a barcode on the top.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
I prefer the Ferrari cars with the old Marlboro Advertising on it. Looked so much better. I don't know why theres a barcode on the top.

E-Tag?
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Heineken wrote:

You can't have Tobacco Advertising.

Quote:
E-Tag?

=d> :lol:
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

davidtorres wrote:
Heineken wrote:

You can't have Tobacco Advertising.

Tobacco Advertising FTW!!!

Quote:
E-Tag?

=d> :lol: [/quote]

It's for this radical street race in Australia along every motorway in the country. The catch is it's during normal traffic conditions so the drivers have to deal with real traffic. They ran into problems when it look 3 weeks to complete the race.:lol: :lol:

Edited by sydneycroatia58: 29/1/2010 04:14:34 PM
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

What's all that junk on the front wing?

Re: the barcode. In most non-arab countries you can't advertise cigarettes, places like Dubai you still see the Marlbro logo. But next season it will be completely removed from the sport.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

I know you can't advertise Tobacco anymore. I'm just saying they looked better when they were sponsered by Malboro.

& :lol: @ SydCroat. Nicely put.

davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

Quote:

It makes it go faster! :P
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

davidtorres wrote:
Quote:

I thought the red paint made it go faster :-k :lol:
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
davidtorres wrote:
Quote:

I thought the red paint made it go faster :-k :lol:

Both do. That's why the Ferrari are the best! :d
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

davidtorres wrote:
Quote:

No shit. But to what end?
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

Just got my tickets for this years Australia Grand Prix.
The Prost Grandstand.

Also anyone see the Bahrain Grand Prix the other night? Fernando Alonso FTW. :cool:
Anchor Man (defend)
Anchor Man (defend)
Hacker
Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)

davidtorres wrote:
The Prost Grandstand.

Also anyone see the Bahrain Grand Prix the other night? Fernando Alonso FTW. :cool:

Yep. He is pretty good at passing cars that are breaking in front of him isn't he.

and I hope for your (as well as anyone else attending really) sake the Melbourne race is a touch more exciting than the Bahrain one
tiny455
tiny455
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

davidtorres wrote:
Xabi Alonso FTW. :cool:

Fixed.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

Anchor Man (defend) wrote:
davidtorres wrote:
The Prost Grandstand.

Yep. He is pretty good at passing cars that are breaking in front of him isn't he.

and I hope for your (as well as anyone else attending really) sake the Melbourne race is a touch more exciting than the Bahrain one

:lol:
He was always going to pass Vettel eventually anyways. :p
And I bloody hope you are right.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Alonso got lucky. He'd have been so far screwed if Vettel's manifold hadn't cracked. Vettel had 18 seconds on him when that happened.

Decent return for Schumacher, but I still don't see why he bothered.

It was a pretty boring race. And the sport's competetiveness will suffer from Melbourne not being the opening race. That first turn is what makes the track great, that being the first turn of the season and cars going out there each year. I think in the last decade we only had last year where a car didn't go out on the first turn and that's because of these shitty rule changes.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

F1 started today. First time I haven't been on a Thursday or Friday in nearly 7 years.
But I won't miss the big one on Sunday. :D
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

F1 starts tomorrow actually. The Grand Prix support races start today.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Is the F1 slowly becoming the A1GP?

Team Britain: Button and Hamilton
Team Germany: Schumacher and Rosberg
Team USSR (:p): Petrov and Kubica

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

They just had John Travolta on 10. He sounds like a real nice bloke.

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:

Kubica is polish, poland was never a part of the USSR ](*,)
Quote:
They just had John Travolta on 10. He sounds like a real nice bloke.

Yeah, but he's a scientologist.

Lewis Hamilton has been arrested and charged on summons for hoon driving after doing a burn-out at the entry to the grand prix circuit at Albert Park. In front of a cop car. You fucking tool, Lewis.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

LOL! @ Lewis.

I never knew Travolta was a scientologist?

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

wiki wrote:
...Travolta, who became a Scientologist in 1975 and endorses Hubbard's teachings...

It's half the reason his son had such bad epilepsy.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

[youtube]6BYqyoFm-Yk [/youtube]

2.31 is the best crash IMO. So unexpecting him to get T-Boned

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

Kubica is polish, poland was never a part of the USSR ](*,)

ZOMG, A joke that isn't factually accurate. I've never seen one of those before...](*,)
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

That 'joke' was stillborn. The other teams had drivers the same nationality as the manufacturer too. Renault the USSR team :roll:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Webber and Vettel are absolutely flying around there. Vettel broke the lap record with 1:23:919. Massive lap. He fucked up in the second last turn too, could easily have run 1:23:500. Webber doesn't have it in him to carch up.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

Vettel on pole and Webber second. My man Alonso is third. :P
Will be an epic race tomorrow. Can't wait.

Also, massive/gigantic/epic etc :lol: at Lewis Hamilton.....
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Big crash in the Formula Fords just then :D

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Expect to see Hamilton pit early to get him into clear air so he can blitz through when all the teams pit.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search