You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
The work as an GP may not be to grueling but the work and dedication to get there.. can you really compare it to a builder? Imagine doing a marathon surgery too. Thatd be harder than anything.

A lawyer is the same as a doctor. Lots of work to get there. And once the court preceeding are over they dont just go home, they go home to their office and study everything over and over and over. Highly stressful.
deportivo1985
deportivo1985
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
mk0825 wrote:
The work as an GP may not be to grueling but the work and dedication to get there.. can you really compare it to a builder? Imagine doing a marathon surgery too. Thatd be harder than anything.

A lawyer is the same as a doctor. Lots of work to get there. And once the court preceeding are over they dont just go home, they go home to their office and study everything over and over and over. Highly stressful.

Two cant be compared. Labouring takes its toll on the body(I have enough uncles who are mechanics and mates who are labourers) whilst being a doctor or a lawyer takes it toll on your mind.

Eg. to be a concreter you get paid a massive pay packet, but it ruins your body(have a mate who does it). In saying that, he doesnt have to stress about anyone elses lives. Just do the job contracted and get out.
A lawyer doesnt have the physical demands a labourer does, but they have to bust their arse to actually become qualified. After that they are still involved in decisions which can have a dramatic effect on another persons life. Morals and conscience plays a larger part for them(despite stereotype).
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I had written that mental and physical stress are incomparable. But I deleted it.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Krackovich wrote:
Guest wrote:
nr690 wrote:
I hate it when people whinge about uni students, I worked bloody hard in yr 12 to get my score.

So you are better than everyone else who is actually contributing properly to Australia by working? I worked hard in year 11 and 12 working 30 hour weeks on top of school to kick start my apprenticeship.

Man try an 8 hour day as a carpenter or a 12 hour day as a chef if you wqnt hard work. Do you realise how hard the chefs course is at TAFE in terms of theory?

Edited by guest: 4/5/2009 09:30:41 PM

I did 12 hour days building railways for 3 weeks straight between year 12 and uni, uni is harder than your "real work"

LMFAO you can even download the bloody lectures you dont even have to attend class.

Try a kitchen mate you will pass out from heat stress in 5 minutes. I am not having a go at people who do uni just the ones who whigne it is hard. It is not fucking hard. For gods sake it is another 3 - 5 years of bludging!
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Uni is hard for me atm, but that is pretty much all my own fault. :P

deportivo1985
deportivo1985
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Guest wrote:
LMFAO you can even download the bloody lectures you dont even have to attend class.

Try a kitchen mate you will pass out from heat stress in 5 minutes. I am not having a go at people who do uni just the ones who whigne it is hard. It is not fucking hard. For gods sake it is another 3 - 5 years of bludging!

Also depends on what it is your actually doing at uni. When I when to uni my mate was doing Journalism whislt I did Engineering(#-o ). Id go to alot of his lectures(his classes were full of hotties and my engineering ones were full of Asian guys #-o ) and his assessment were heaps easier than my bullshit.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Lastfm implementing this pay to use radio bullshit discriminatory crap!

Refs not doing the sensible thing and what would be reasonable in the context of the situation...

People making shit music for the sake of money.

People listening to shit music.

The fact that pot isn't legal - even though I don't do it. Can't stand the fact that Alcohol and Cigarettes are allowed on the basis that they can be taxed and because pot is a plant and is too easily accessible they ban it. Fuck that. Greedy gov...

Vending machines that don't work properly. Yes I care about my $1.80

Australia becoming too similar to the US.

People often don't seem to have their own fucking opinion about things. They just go with what everyone else says/thinks.

People who complain about school. Stop it. Its win. It will almost certainly beat what is to follow. Enjoy the easy life while you still can.

People who are capable saying they aren't.

People who tell me I shouldn't be smoking. To make it worse, usually the people who tell me this are binge drinking at the time.

Commercial television.

Commercial radio.

Green Ginger Wine.

The media. Most of all the media grind my gears. Everything is oversensationalised. Its all beyond a joke. Half the news shouldn't be news at all, and the other half is made to seem much more serious than it should be. Then there is lots of stuff that doesn't get enough attention. 442 is exempt from this obviously...
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Nico wrote:

ditto that. assignment due friday, havnt started it, am at uni now, not really wanting to work, cos its my birthday and all my friends want to go for nandos.....but the thing is bloddy due and i havnt even done research forget typing it.
Nico
Nico
World Class

zimbos_05 wrote:
Nico wrote:

ditto that. assignment due friday, havnt started it, am at uni now, not really wanting to work, cos its my birthday and all my friends want to go for nandos.....but the thing is bloddy due and i havnt even done research forget typing it.

Well Happy Birthday.

Was my bday yesterday and I have stuff due Thursday. Take it off. Its the one day you get to just go out and forget about shit... Or at least that's what I did. :lol:

deportivo1985
deportivo1985
Pro

Nico wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
Nico wrote:

Well Happy Birthday.

Was my bday yesterday and I have stuff due Thursday. Take it off. Its the one day you get to just go out and forget about shit... Or at least that's what I did. :lol:

Well happy birthday to both of you...

...playtime is over! Back to work Study Monkeys!!! :twisted:
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Nico wrote:
People often don't seem to have their own fucking opinion about things. They just go with what everyone else says/thinks.

I agree wholeheartedly.

:P
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Nico wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
Nico wrote:

Well Happy Birthday.

haha, thanks. happy birthday to you too

i would like to take it off, its sounding really tempting, i cbf for doing work right now. got football tonight too, so thats the only thing i have on my mind right now, especially since we 2nd and close to the finals.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

deportivo1985 wrote:
Nico wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
Nico wrote:

Well Happy Birthday.

Well happy birthday to both of you...

...playtime is over! Back to work Study Monkeys!!! :twisted:

theres only one munky is these parts of the woods and its not me....so i would think he is talking to you funky, back to work now boy....
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
zimbos_05 wrote:
Nico wrote:

FUCK UNI! NANDOOOOS!!!!
I went today \:d/
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

I HATE IT WHEN IN THE MORNING THE GARBOS EMPTY YOUR BIN, THEN YOU GET HOME FROM SCHOOL AND FIND OUT SOME FUCKING BASTARD HAS DECIDED TO THROW UP IN YOUR FUCKING BIN!!!

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHH

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Quote:
+1. Also, university students who think they know everything when it comes to science or politics. And hippies who have degrees, but choose to not get a job, smoke weed, not bathe, then chain themselves to trees or coal trains claiming that they know everything about climatology when they graduated in fucking horticulture or the arts.

Quote:
Australia becoming too similar to the US.
We should be more like China. [-(

Quote:
Its all beyond a joke. Half the news shouldn't be news at all, and the other half is made to seem much more serious than it should be.
CH7 11am bulletin... "coming up after the break, see which Hollywood star was involved in this... *Ferrari crashes, people injured*.... *break*... "the set of Nicholas Cages movie... he wasn't there at the time... his stunt double could be facing a lawsuit" WORST.LINK.EVER.

Quote:
I HATE IT WHEN IN THE MORNING THE GARBOS EMPTY YOUR BIN, THEN YOU GET HOME FROM SCHOOL AND FIND OUT SOME FUCKING BASTARD HAS DECIDED TO THROW UP IN YOUR FUCKING BIN!!!
Doesn't happen out west.

Edited by martyB: 5/5/2009 06:45:22 PM
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Trying to butter bread, and the bread being too weak, or the butter being too hard, and the bread ripping, and ending up ruined. A petty complaint, but fucking annoying all the same.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Or when making a Nutella sandwich, you eat half the bottle before you attack the the bread. :P
socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend

martyB wrote:
Or when making a Nutella sandwich, you eat half the bottle before you attack the the bread. :P

Fuck i hate that. Why do they make it taste so nice!! Why!!
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

martyB wrote:

Or you go to make a cup of Milo, and you eat too many spoons of it before you put any in the cup.

Edited by avy1990: 5/5/2009 06:56:14 PM
Benjo
Benjo
Legend

People who write FREO WON THE DERBY all over your books.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

martyB wrote:

:oops: I am so guilty of that. Same with Penut Butter :lol:

The Mighty Gunners
The Mighty Gunners
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Manchester United fans
Legend

Using Rational ovens ffs I have to stand infront of the oven for 5 minutes before I can do any bakery work doing formulas to figure out the moisture I need to add to the stupid thing so it wont just make my baking black. Also baking grinds my gears.

When my boss changes my shifts on the roster and just hopes I notice then wonders why I was at work 3 hours early this morning even though I had just had Sunday off and he hadnt bothered to mention on Sunday he changed my shift so I had to work another 12 hour shift to go with the next 4 I am going to have in the next 4 days!
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

time to sue your boss for slave labour...

avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Metallica vs numerous bands fights in comments on youtube videos.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
That WAS my ruler. But you can keep it.

:lol: Good call.

Different jobs have different demands, that doesn't mean that they're any more or less grueling. My job is demanding, but in different ways. Rulers down lads.

My hate at the moment is ticket inspectors. I was tired and pissed off this afternoon and one tries to tell me I'm exiting the station using the "wrong" gate, and grabs me by the arm "Use taht gate back up there" he said. I told him to take his fucking hand off me or I'd break it. The gate I'd tried to use had an "exit" sign above it.

Edited by afromanGT: 5/5/2009 09:35:26 PM
The Mighty Gunners
The Mighty Gunners
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Homework :(
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

avy1990 wrote:
Metallica vs numerous bands fights in comments on youtube videos.

What he said.

Super screamo music. Music is supposed to sooth your mind and please you, not give you headaches and want to look like fuckwit headbanging all the time.

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

mk0825
mk0825
Legend

When your favourite song doesnt get you off any more.

When what you take for granted gets taken away from you.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search