The University Thread.

The University Thread.

Author
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
i found the feedback with regards to an assessment a laugh and a half

using 'advanced capstone course' is a fine way of saying 'yeh but nah' in terms of getting a better mark for an essay :P
Edited
8 Years Ago by Condemned666
da640
da640
Amateur
Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Draupnir wrote:
skipppy wrote:
da640 wrote:
Draupnir wrote:
So any more comments on Macquarie?

I think I'll be starting there next year and I want to know what the "scene" is like around there? I've heard it's pretty quiet and nobody really hangs around.. Which would be a disappointing for me..

I think its a business and arts uni. No comments other than that. Also, that everybody hates on macquarie.

Your obviously in sydney, not keen on sydney uni or one of the other city unis?

Edited by da640: 28/10/2010 08:21:45 PM

thought of doing it by correspondance? its good in being able to work at your own pace and not having to put up with annoying people but motivation is very hard to find sometimes

The degree I'm looking to do is only offered at Macquarie within NSW. Why do people hate on it? Is it low quality or something? Seen as inferior to UNSW and University of Sydney I would assume already, but is there something wrong? I'd be more keen on UNSW - My house is 2 minutes away from there. (I'm moving back from Stockholm on sunday).

I'm not sure I could do it by distance. It involves some physical stuff.

I'm just coming back from overseas and don't really have any mates in Australia anymore. It's pretty depressing actually, and it'd be nice to be at a uni where the social scene is decent.

Edited by Draupnir: 28-10-2010 09:45:09

:d Yeah its only hated on because people think its actually inferior to UNSW and syd. I cant complain, I went to UOW for my undergrad degree and any sydney uni student thinks that UOW is scum of the earth. Dont worry macquarie is a good uni as is UOW. I go to UNSW at the moment but i dont really know the social seen as i travel up on the train from the Illawarra every uni day. I have friends that say UNSW social seen is really good.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

CSU Wagga Campus tbh.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

skipppy wrote:
da640 wrote:
Draupnir wrote:

I think I'll be starting there next year and I want to know what the "scene" is like around there? I've heard it's pretty quiet and nobody really hangs around.. Which would be a disappointing for me..

I think its a business and arts uni. No comments other than that. Also, that everybody hates on macquarie.

thought of doing it by correspondance? its good in being able to work at your own pace and not having to put up with annoying people but motivation is very hard to find sometimes

The degree I'm looking to do is only offered at Macquarie within NSW. Why do people hate on it? Is it low quality or something? Seen as inferior to UNSW and University of Sydney I would assume already, but is there something wrong? I'd be more keen on UNSW - My house is 2 minutes away from there. (I'm moving back from Stockholm on sunday).

I'm not sure I could do it by distance. It involves some physical stuff.

I'm just coming back from overseas and don't really have any mates in Australia anymore. It's pretty depressing actually, and it'd be nice to be at a uni where the social scene is decent.

Edited by Draupnir: 28-10-2010 09:45:09
Bonkers
Bonkers
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Fredsta wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
thewestisland wrote:
Anyone know what Deakin is like? As in location, size, facilities etc. Also, anyone know what the cost of living is for a student in the surrounding area?

Well in Vic its second tier, behind UoM and Monash. Then I think RMIT, La Trobe and Deakin are all pretty level. Its a good uni and its my local one.

Depends if youre going to Geelong/Waurn Ponds or Burwood. Burwood isnt too far from the city and its in a nice suburban area. They have housing across the road where they do a lot of sharehousing. Im sure they have campus accomodation too, not sure where though. As far as the Burwood campus is concerned I think its alright. Some people think its really ugly but I have no idea what theyre talking about. The science areas look shit but the law building is nice and new.

Went to the open day with my dad, we both thought it was really underwhelming compared to UoM and Monash, the Burwood campus seemed to be pretty small too, you got the feeling it would be packed with all the students and staff

Well yeah its not a massive uni. UoM is in an amazing location and Monash has a great reputation. Its convenient for me cause its really close. If I do end up there. And offers reputable degrees.
skipppy
skipppy
Amateur
Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)

da640 wrote:
Draupnir wrote:

da640
da640
Amateur
Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)

Draupnir wrote:

Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Bonkers wrote:
thewestisland wrote:
Anyone know what Deakin is like? As in location, size, facilities etc. Also, anyone know what the cost of living is for a student in the surrounding area?

Well in Vic its second tier, behind UoM and Monash. Then I think RMIT, La Trobe and Deakin are all pretty level. Its a good uni and its my local one.

Depends if youre going to Geelong/Waurn Ponds or Burwood. Burwood isnt too far from the city and its in a nice suburban area. They have housing across the road where they do a lot of sharehousing. Im sure they have campus accomodation too, not sure where though. As far as the Burwood campus is concerned I think its alright. Some people think its really ugly but I have no idea what theyre talking about. The science areas look shit but the law building is nice and new.

Went to the open day with my dad, we both thought it was really underwhelming compared to UoM and Monash, the Burwood campus seemed to be pretty small too, you got the feeling it would be packed with all the students and staff
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

Anchor Man (defend)
Anchor Man (defend)
Hacker
Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)

The Doctor wrote:
WOOOOOOOOOH ONE DAY OF UNI LEFT, GET IN THERE

^ clearly doing a course with few to no exams...

Edited by Anchor Man (Defend): 28/10/2010 05:25:43 PM
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

WOOOOOOOOOH ONE DAY OF UNI LEFT, GET IN THERE

back o' the net
MidfieldMaestro
MidfieldMaestro
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

I might as well turn up in this thread.

Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) at University of Newcastle.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
Gooner4life_8 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
raspberryticklebear wrote:
this thread is just making me jealous of all you lucky bastards who are finally out of school and having some freedom. Starting from next year, i've still got another 5 years of school ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

so wait.... iv been arguing with a 13 year old... how.... beneath me?

you didn't know already? :lol:

I feel like i've demeaned myself to even reply to his crap, just ugh

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Gooner4life_8 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
this thread is just making me jealous of all you lucky bastards who are finally out of school and having some freedom. Starting from next year, i've still got another 5 years of school ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I feel like i've demeaned myself to even reply to his crap, just ugh
Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend

The Doctor wrote:

The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

Draupnir wrote:
Where are you originally from Dale? NSW?

Anyone got any opinion on Macquarie?

asian city... not that there's anything wrong with that
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

da640
da640
Amateur

dale1878 wrote:
da640 wrote:
Wollongong is excellent. The last few years the uni has been expanding rapidly and it is very good quality uni. My housemate did commerce at UOW and loved it and i have just finished civil engineering at UOW. The teaching is quality and is consistently ranked number 1 in australia for teaching.

The rest of the atmosphere is pretty good as well. Lots of things to do, parties, events, anywhere u live you are less than 3 ks from the beach. Wollongong is a uni town.

I dont know much about newcastle but friends who go there have said its fairly similar. After all they are both steel cities :d

I wholeheartedly agree with DA.
The other good thing about UOW is that you don't feel like just a number or a statistic. I went to Uni of Canberra for a while and dropped out but I knew from that time there that the uni just treated you like everyone else. You were literally dollars in their wallet at the end of the day. Same with my mates at ANU - alot of them tell me they wished they had've joined me on the coast.
I live on campus at UOW and I share the residence with 200 people from over 30 countries - there is literally not a day that goes by where you don't hear another language or talk to someone about their homeland.
Only an hour from Sydney by train, three hours from Canberra by road (good for me, maybe not for you), and the uni itself has some awesome gigs every now and then.

Get into any faculty other than engineering or science and it's babes akimbo. ;)

Edited by dale1878: 26/10/2010 07:07:03 PM

Yeah i am now at UNSW for a year doing a masters and it is the absoute worst for teaching, they are just taking my money. All im there for is the masters content and the unis name on my degree. Other than that UNSW is the biggest joke for lecturers and there quality of teaching, its rubbish.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

Oh I thought you had her lined up already haha. Find a Canberran. Make sure she's not family seeing as though you're 5th generation in a small city though :P :D
dale1878
dale1878
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Draupnir wrote:
dale1878 wrote:
Draupnir wrote:

Fifth generation Canberran, mate.
I don't care what my future wife says, we're having the kids there.

Good luck :D

Gotta find a girl stupid enough to procreate with me lol
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

dale1878 wrote:
Draupnir wrote:

Good luck :D
dale1878
dale1878
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Draupnir wrote:

bozSpur
bozSpur
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)

I'm planning to go to the University of Western Australia and do a Bachelor of Arts next year with a double major in Politics and probably German/History.

Edited by bozSpur: 26/10/2010 07:14:20 PM
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

Anyone got any opinion on Macquarie?
dale1878
dale1878
Pro

da640 wrote:
Wollongong is excellent. The last few years the uni has been expanding rapidly and it is very good quality uni. My housemate did commerce at UOW and loved it and i have just finished civil engineering at UOW. The teaching is quality and is consistently ranked number 1 in australia for teaching.

The rest of the atmosphere is pretty good as well. Lots of things to do, parties, events, anywhere u live you are less than 3 ks from the beach. Wollongong is a uni town.

I dont know much about newcastle but friends who go there have said its fairly similar. After all they are both steel cities :d

I wholeheartedly agree with DA.
The other good thing about UOW is that you don't feel like just a number or a statistic. I went to Uni of Canberra for a while and dropped out but I knew from that time there that the uni just treated you like everyone else. You were literally dollars in their wallet at the end of the day. Same with my mates at ANU - alot of them tell me they wished they had've joined me on the coast.
I live on campus at UOW and I share the residence with 200 people from over 30 countries - there is literally not a day that goes by where you don't hear another language or talk to someone about their homeland.
Only an hour from Sydney by train, three hours from Canberra by road (good for me, maybe not for you), and the uni itself has some awesome gigs every now and then.

Get into any faculty other than engineering or science and it's babes akimbo. ;)

Edited by dale1878: 26/10/2010 07:07:03 PM
da640
da640
Amateur

Bonkers wrote:
Oh and with the whole leaving highschool thing. Ive had a shit high school life so I wont miss it. I liked bits of this year and have many good memories but its always been a place that disagreed with me.

The only thing ill miss is catching up with all my friends every day and midday finishes.

At uni you will spend 3 hrs a day in class and the rest with your mates drinking beer in the sun. It is a hell of a lot better than school.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I think you'll find you're view of the world may change or be reshaped in the years at university. You'll make new friends who share your view, and it is usually these friends you have for life. But of course, try not to lose contact with friends from high school.
da640
da640
Amateur

manufan4life wrote:
Im planning on doing a Bachelor of Commerce at either Wollongong or Newcastle. Any recommendations about these unis. Ive got early entry into Wollongong but my missus wants to go to Newey so im still going for the ATAR.

thewestisland
thewestisland
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Bonkers wrote:
The only thing ill miss is catching up with all my friends every day and midday finishes.

Welcome to university.
Bonkers
Bonkers
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Oh and with the whole leaving highschool thing. Ive had a shit high school life so I wont miss it. I liked bits of this year and have many good memories but its always been a place that disagreed with me.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search