Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Funarch - 9 Sep 2017 10:17 PM
I just lost all respect for Jürgen Klopp. His player Mane nearly kills Edison with a kick into the side of his head and neither Mane nor Klopp give a fuck about Edison. Edison might have brain damage for life, may hast lost many teeth. Instead Klopp goes on rampage at the sidelines for the very deserved red card. Klopp you're a disgrace. 

Red something about a fractured jaw and cheek bone but not sure official. 

Absolute red card, cannot believe some people think it is not. Mane should have been trying to head the ball not kick it at above head height. 
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

That strike from Sane for his brace. I remember him doing an identical for Schalke in the Champions league.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

It is SO early in the season...

Who gives a fuck about Oil Classico North and their 1 man advantage?

Bring on the CL!

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Harrison84
Harrison84
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)

Yellow card in my opinion. Edersen was cavalier diving head first to get his head on the ball. Mane was doing his best to get the ball. Both players charging in with the ball in dispute..
If Ederson had been coming to collect it on his chest and got kicked in the face no question that's a red card, but this was a 50-50 ball in neutral territory. Keeper is outside his area and not protected, and ducking down to get his head on the ball. This is similar for me to at a corner where one guy goes for a bicycle kick and collects a player with his boot.
This is more in the category of "these things happen" more so than "disgraceful challenge". I can understand it being given but I don't subscribe to the "because someone got hurt its a red card" school of thinking.
Harrison84
Harrison84
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)

null
Captain,
I'm not drawing too many conclusions off that game other than:
1. We need to take a look at the way we capitulated in the face of adversity after the card.... Need to be more prepared to keep fighting in future especially if we get a similar situation in a CL knockout match.
2. For 35 minutes we went toe to toe with City and were arguably the better team whilst away from home and missing key players. Plenty of heart to take from that.
3. Klavan being the first "next" best defender the moment one of Lovren or Matip are unavailable is genuinely concerning and we should go very hard for a defender in January.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Furnarch - lol your kidding but wtf.

Harrison, pretty much how I've looked at the Mane incident and infact was telling friends similar yesterday.
A keeper coming into no mans land is a completely different storey, they have no idea how to defend in the open with their body and their feet.
He ran in with no technique but attack the ball, how often is a keeper in this circumstance, was always going to be collision.

We matched them very well prior to send off, we should have scored at least twice.
Salah had chance didn't take but passed and 2 other moments not finding anyone but as Klopp has mentioned where was someone running at the near post.
What might have been.
It highlighted what we all know for years mind you, why we only had eyes on VanDijk surprise's me but Klopp is very particular in his buying that I understand but by Jan where will be concerns me incl CL games.

Love Football

AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Watched it unfold live and thought it would have been a yellow for a number of reasons. Unfortunately ruined what was shaping up as a cracker. Return match should be good if both teams still in running to win league.
Harrison84
Harrison84
Hardcore Fan

It's so annoying to see a game you're really looking forward to broken apart by a red card inside the first half....
So few big 6 matches are at wacthable times and so many are cagey, boring stalemates.... When one is open and entertaining it is ll the more annoying to see the ref pull out a red card.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

sure ruined my nice and early Sat eve viewing haha....

Well opening CL game coming up at home.
Seville have started well in 3 LLiga games 2wins and a draw.
Word is Karius starting up.
I'm guessing Coutinho will be on the bench ?
I expect Lovren back in for Klaven.
Prefer to see Gomez or Milner at LB starting up.
No Mane so interesting what Klopp has on his mind, push Firmino left flank bring in Sturridge ? Salah right flank.

Love Football

Harrison84
Harrison84
Hardcore Fan

Hey why would there be no Mane?
Red card in England only excludes you from EPL, FA cup and League cup games.
He misses 2 EPL games and a league cup tie with Leicester that he wouldn't have playe in anyway.

I'd like to see a good start to the CL campaign unlike last time under Rodgers so hopefully Klopp puts out our strongest team.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer my error re Mane.
Well, lets say a huge turn around back playing with 11 compared to last game.
Early goal typically a nono, we had them all 1st half with our pace and counter just as city game prior to send off BUT last ball not finding player in the box even though selville crowded it were getting in trouble not finishing off.
Moreno guided 2-3 great cross's no one there to just punch it in just as Firmino's goal from good quick build up.
Salah's goal not copy book but he had a go and deflected from memory finds the net.
We slowed down 2nd - but have to hand it to seville they stepped up and had much more ball something was going to give you knew it.
Thought we may have hung on at 2-1 but we seem to always leave an opening to get punished.
Them having 2 away goals is a bitch - hopefully we will be better tuned for the return leg and must finish them off and keep a clean sheet would be nice !

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

"At this Moment" I can only look at the bright side of life lol........

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

the 3-2 win was much needed to settle for a mo.
Some really dodgy obvious decisions went our way thankfully and some should have been given to us.
Overall great attacking as usual but the defensive errors keep happening !
Glad Mignolet made up for the hopeless attempt on Vardy then saving the pen.
The little master's free kick was brilliant unstoppable as mentioned.

CL game in Moscow coming up vsing Spartak.
Looking like their top player Prones won't be playing, doesn't mean much but that we have to improve our defense lord knows how.
No injuries so everyone is available barring Lallana.

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

FFS, we just can't get the scoring mojo when really needed, especially how we can't keep a clean sheet to date.
64% possession, 16 shots 6 on target and how many across the mouth or looking to shoot.
Spartak are ordinary to say the least and we blow it again.
Karius - omg.
Klopp needs to wake up and stop making so many changes imo....Mignolet has his moments but he's the better of the 2 if you had to choose so you play your best option.
I can understand rotation but you need to keep a core have them tuned and work around it and depending on injuries.
A point is better than none considering the group results but that should have been a win full stop.

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Am I the only one finding it difficult to care too much about form at this point of the season?

One thing I constantly forget is just how LONG the season is. 12 months back Arsenal looked like legitimate contenders and Mourinho was feeling the heat at Manure- before he took them on a 22-game unbeaten streak.

From what I've seen of them so far, LFC look like a team that are still adjusting to their new signings, especially when it comes to finishing in front of goal an evidenced again this morning. The challenge for the Manchester teams at this point is to keep their current form going. A couple of losses and the pressure will be right on them.

Unbelievable that there are voices calling for Klopp to resign because LFC aren't a solid top 4 team 1 month and 2 CL games into the season. A certain Bill Shankly quote comes to mind...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

well, like I've said, too many changes,.
He can't keep a core thats the thing, this is whats needed but yer its early days but you can't afford to drop much more imo.
One of the manchester clubs will keep consistent I expect.
The lack of form by some of our boys cant last much longer it will change as we know.
Their goal was so lucky you couldn't picked that - Matip makes great ball contact but hits his shin slowly goes inside the right post - look at how many of our attempts went left right over was never going to happen.
The press is fueling the Klopp questions.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well, I just don't know what to expect this coming game but typically what a fixture at home.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

ho hum - we should have but we showed that united are not what their ladder standing presents.
First solid club they have played in months - and they struggled to break us down (when they had the ball that is) and once again DeGea saves them.

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I don't know how United fans feel about the performance, but if I was them I'd be annoyed at Jose's boring tactics. They had enough firepower to take the game to LFC but instead brought out the old bus that cost a fortune to assemble...

As far as LFC are concerned, I was really impressed with how they broke United down in defence, kept taking the ball off them and making crisp passes in midfield. Finishing was the only part that was a bit iffy. And there should've been a penalty in our favour, but anyway...

And David f**king DeGea....I'm not even mad- I'm actually impressed. If he played for anybody bar that lot (or Everton) I'd be hoping Klopp could sign him up...

Edited
7 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

United fans have been happy for they have been scoring goals to Date.
Mind you when looking back at their stats they gain a 1nil lead from an error (granted) then only late 2nd half after the opposition have pressed for a draw goals come late in most games.
With all that money spent his tactics are "holding" till an error occurs to pounce not force/create with their fire power, well so called.

We did brake them many times all for nothing sadly - so many chances AND our defense was near on best I've seen from us in a while And yes De Gea can only respect, he has done that performance to us last couple of years.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well, CL scoring record for a english team 7goal win. Much better position now in the group that, wow Seville got done didn't expect that result but so good for us.
Got to build on that for a huge one this weekend in the league.

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Jurgen, stop being as Rogers and buy some backs - we've been saying this for years !

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

LFC. - 23 Oct 2017 9:32 AM
Jurgen, stop being as Rogers and buy some backs - we've been saying this for years !

That was embarrassing defending by Liverpool. I mean you can't stop Harry Kane, but at least try right?

milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Disregarding the front three, not one of those Liverpool players would get into any other team in the top 6. Winks is only just breaking in and IMO is already a much better player than Henderson, the fact that he is your captain is laughable. Salah was a great signing don't get me wrong but the fact you went all out to get an attacker when your defence is so painfully bad is mindblowing. Klopp is overrated IMO, if it wasn't for his theatrics people would be well and truly calling for his head right now.

Still very happy we have broken our Liverpool curse finally.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

I think thats the gist with your first sentence. Even with Klopp and the investment Liverpool have made theyre not on the same level as the top clubs. Theyre a 4th if lucky but more likea 5/6/7 type side not that any of the fans can admit that. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

No denying from me were just above the mid pack clubs right now, I mean just.
Can't understand how inconsistent we are as a whole and the form some players are from one week to the next.
The stats of the spurs game is all over the shop.
We nailed Maribor (despite what there like), vsing united despite their holding back tactics our sub standard backline held up well enough and then we serve up this crap next.
Lovren, he's ordinary at his best but HTF at this level do you play as bad as that.
Were missing Clyne big time.
Moreno, despite the improvement just isn't an out and out start up LB.
Better off playing Milner with his experience more than off the bench.
Our mids so hot and cold.
Can, why does he look so slow, does something amazing and then he's no where to be seen.
Wijnaldum, work rate is needed, he's proving his worth overall but I've expected him to really dominate by now, missed him.
Hendo, well I just don't know what to add here, comeback from injury he's not himself at present.
Need Lallana back asap.
Ox needs to start up now.
We lack a MF general.
We got enough firepower choice up front.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

3points much needed and a slight pressure release for a week.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well, normally we struggle vsing the Hammers.
Great result.
One result worked for us now far better table standing at this stage.
Having played those above we got to keep gaining the 3points the weeks coming.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

A sound 3points !
Salah on a huge roll, mind you 21 shots just 8 on target + 10 corners.
Saints had 5shots none on target so surprisingly with Lovren on lol......
Next week big test at home and could really change standings on the ladder being arse play an inform Burnley and never know Brom might do us a favour :) as long as we win.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Once again we step up vsing a Top 6 club - we always do and have the best record to date over them all BUT we blew this one !
3points that close - we got to stop this IF were ever going to challenge.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search