Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Haha love it Sydcro and fully understand - you can hold onto to the Invinceables for now - as for us we’ve been living in our past for a long long long long time as all know.
Heck at least I was watching them grand ol days etched in my brain but the younger followers who all but have to live in hope lol...........

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

The usual hand-wringing on social media taking place...

Ignore that the City team far beyond our level went within a bee's dick of losing to Palace a month ago- or that LFC have only lost 3 games to date- and all of them away from home- or that they're doing far better than they were 12 months ago...

Nope, this is the end of this teams' season. Goodbye top 4 etc etc etc.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 23 Jan 2018 11:12 AM
The usual hand-wringing on social media taking place...

Ignore that the City team far beyond our level went within a bee's dick of losing to Palace a month ago- or that LFC have only lost 3 games to date- and all of them away from home- or that they're doing far better than they were 12 months ago...

Nope, this is the end of this teams' season. Goodbye top 4 etc etc etc.

I hear you, the sky is falling but seriously throwing away 3points anytime as this is frustrating and like ol times but you can't win them all I accept that.
Swans are in desperate mode and playing for their epl lives - we won't be their only victims looking ahead but this could be the difference of comfortably making the 4 or nail biting finish depending on results around us obviously.
The sky is falling for Spurs as well drawing at St Marys lol.....thank goodness !
Just lucky we have a couple of points on them and more on 6th.
Lucky we have it easier vsing Hudders next being their not at the bottom  lol......

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Generally have done well this season against the expected "easy beats". It also helps that Spurs do poorly away from home and Arsenal are...well...Arsenal. I still think 2nd is a realistic expectation for LFC in the final wash-up.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Agree expect us finishing in the 4, where is the end of season question.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

Liverpool threw the kitchen sink at Swansea and were close on several times but it was just one of those games. I think they played well. However, if Liverpool want to be champions next year, they are going to have to recruit more creative players to break down these deep defences from time to time. Someone like Coutinho and Suarez.. 

Swansea did very well in minimising the space in behind their defence which is what Liverpool thrives on with their pace (Mane, Firminio and Salah). They also didn't allow Liverpool too many opportunities around the box which normally tends to happen when teams sit so deep. I'm happy to see another Portuguese coach succeeding in England.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Thanks tFl.
I havent bothered watching the reply but read enough about it, watched the highlights and knew with all the possesion their keeper had one of those days stopping, we had enough missiles his way that were covered, Salahs spot kick, Salah volley over the cross bar, hit the woodwork, Firmino open goal header hits the post. We had them clearly.
Regards creativity, sure the little master is mentioned times like this But seriously we have the players who can open defense's up.
Firmino, Salah, Lallana, Sane, Ox.
Mind you another one or 2 quality attacking would be welcome but I feel partly our depth that is lacking that extra zing and the rotation plays up on "rhythm" but this is todays game of keeping players fresh that I understand but barring the exceptions a core needs to be together most/every game.
Our entire mids/the engine room is shuffled completely, not every game but is tweaked adjusted.
I suppose because we don't have a complete stand out deck but more so we need a general/puppeteer - a Pirlo a Gerrard.
One who sees the game from the middle or anywhere and feeds that magic/killa ball, either high low,short long into that space not expected by opponents that our attacking fabs can feast on.
Yes this is what we need more than anything else imo.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I'm seriously done...

I'm over it...

I'm out...

That's right- no more poring through the comments sections after a loss. People this morning going "Sack Klopp, no trophies in 3 seasons isn't good enough, going to be another trophy-less season and we're not going to finish Top 4" etc etc etc. Imagine the comments from Man United fans about Fergie if Fb had existed in 1989...

I get the distinct impression Klopp doesn't take the FA Cup so seriously- whether that says more about his Germanic sensibilities or the fall from prestige of the Cup, I don't know. But if it had been a League match this morning I think it would've been a different result. For a side like Brom, the Cup is their lone shot at doing something noteworthy this season. It's earlier days in the CL yet, but I foresee Klopp taking Liverpool further than many might predict. Dare I dream of another final? I think his big focus is on securing top 4 and advancing in the CL. That's what entices more of the players we need to come to the club. 

I'd rather be in contention for the CL finals than the FA Cup finals at this point (for you Arsenal fans)

And at least West Brom are a Premier League side (here's looking at you Man United fans)

Full focus now on the Terriers away and (hopefully) a few goals to ad another 3 points to the tally for our interests...

Edited
6 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

CH, I'm no social media person nor do I check out much other sites for its all pretty predictable, be it football/comparing products I'm interested in etcetcetc, too much BS for me, there's enough here in 442 lol.

Regards to our last 2 games.
I haven't watched them but checking highlights etc, disappointing but for me thats how the cookie crumbles.
Klopp sure wants to win by his body language you can see it clearly and I doubt any game/be it Cup or otherwise is taken lightly but that always looking ahead regards selections for which game is more critical understandable.
This is forced more part due to the lack of quality regards our depth and as mentioned before not keeping a stable spine/core so to speak.
I'd sooner be in contention for anything/everything were in, like last year were relying on either making the 4 or now going right through the CL which I think we are no where near ready/capable at this moment in Klopp speak.
We have some dollars to spend and I know you cant just buy for the sake of it but he is now doing similar what we have experienced the past 10yrs - do some good business and not make as good investment on the run but make do with what we have for now.
One good step forward but were 2 steps back recent results.
These 2 games if your a contender should have been wins.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

So nice to get the 3points ! and that the Swans backed up the win against us, thankyou.

Next I'd like to see Spurs knock off united and chelski draw fingers crossed.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

even better than expected.
Nice round for us overall - I'm tipping us clipping spurs wings next.

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Lol Liverpool fans are going off after that game. Short memories the lot of them....
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

BETHFC - 5 Feb 2018 9:41 AM
Lol Liverpool fans are going off after that game. Short memories the lot of them....

2 wrongs don't make a right. It was a disgusting decision. 
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Kamaryn - 5 Feb 2018 10:55 AM
BETHFC - 5 Feb 2018 9:41 AM

2 wrongs don't make a right. It was a disgusting decision. 

The Lamela one was a penalty his leg caught him. 100% of players would have gone down under that challenge. 

I haven't seen the first one yet. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Look, I have no care of the past regards results water under the bridge.
What a nice angled 1st goal poach by Salah !
Also kudos to Wanyama strike - a pearla sadly.
It is what it is and tbh spudz got out of jail.
Kane dived it going over Karius its pretty obvious on replay - justified pen was saved.
I feel Kane and Lamala milked it as any of them do today.
Hard decision but for sure VVD went for a clearance but he did pull back in that motion he did touch Lamela but he made up for it it was a no brainer for most refs.
What a rip by Salah through 4 spudz defenders for his 2nd.
ce la vie - my gripe is united got a lucky break from this.

Love Football

fugazi
fugazi
Under 7s
Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)

LFC. - 5 Feb 2018 12:42 PM
Look, I have no care of the past regards results water under the bridge.
http://brisbane-property-management.com.au - Brisbane Property Management
What a nice angled 1st goal poach by Salah !
Also kudos to Wanyama strike - a pearla sadly.
It is what it is and tbh spudz got out of jail.
Kane dived it going over Karius its pretty obvious on replay - justified pen was saved.
I feel Kane and Lamala milked it as any of them do today.
Hard decision but for sure VVD went for a clearance but he did pull back in that motion he did touch Lamela but he made up for it it was a no brainer for most refs.
What a rip by Salah through 4 spudz defenders for his 2nd.
ce la vie - my gripe is united got a lucky break from this.

I agree. It was a hard decission for referee but I think it was fair. He touched Lamela and it was obvious at this point.
Edited
6 Years Ago by fugazi
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

3points nuff said.
By the way Thanks Rafa !
Hammers next @ home and an opportunity being united play chelski following day.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

If you boys are interested in podcasts, I was on LFC Podcasting Couch to discuss the upcoming UCL fixture between Porto and Liverpool.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

#152 ?

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 12 Feb 2018 8:46 PM
#152 ?

Nah it should be the next one. Might come out in a day or two.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Ah, they did say there would be 2 #152's but no worries I'll look in over the week.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 12 Feb 2018 11:49 PM
Ah, they did say there would be 2 #152's but no worries I'll look in over the week.

#153.. they released it late last night.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

very nice :D

edit : can't help myself - I hate them getting me feeling like this till the valley comes around the corner but what a CL away smash.
Welcome back Mane, form is starting to come and with 3 in the bag.
A overall sound performance by all and smart of Klopp starting up Milly I felt and paid by his effort winning ball edge of their box, a great shot across their keeper to hit the far post - bouncing back Salah's ball control in front of the keeper to get by, another touch then reverse it into goal bloody magic for no2.
Firmino blinder game and well taken goal.
Mane's 3rd niccccce.
Liverpool's 28 goals is more than anyone else in the Champions League this term, with 25 coming in their last five games.
Game stats :
Shots: 8-14
Pass accuracy: 81%-82%
Chances created: 5-11
Possession: 45%-55%

Liverpool’s frontline stats:
Salah: 36 Apps, 30 Goals, 10 Assists
Firmino: 37 Apps, 21 Goals,11 Assists
Mane: 29 Apps, 12 Goals, 7 Assists

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

theFOOTBALLlover - 13 Feb 2018 7:08 AM
LFC. - 12 Feb 2018 11:49 PM

#153.. they released it late last night.

Just listened - good overall discussion.
Funny when you know the score.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 23 Feb 2018 2:52 PM
theFOOTBALLlover - 13 Feb 2018 7:08 AM

Just listened - good overall discussion.
Funny when you know the score.

I'll probably join them before the next game. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

OK cool.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Huge one vs the Hammers at home.
Looking forward to it.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well, is the change really going to stick ?!
Once upon a time Hammers have always been a bogey.
Yes they had some chances even through the 1st half but we also created many till we finally put one away from a corner.
Right now our attackers are in huge form, midfield is working hard but can still be improved.
Ox and Milly stand outs.
I'm blown how well our young outside Backs have taken their chances and imo Robertson can have LB.
Alexander Arnold really shining.
Clyne yet to come back.
Lallana as well.
For now the summer should bring another strong partner for VVD.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I had an early start Sunday, so I slept through the game. But I went to bed feeling confident (to the point of arrogance, almost) that LFC would account for West Ham easily. I woke up, checked Fb for any updates, noticed that none of the top trending updates were either haters going "Lolerpool- You'll Never Win Anything" or the usual suspects claiming the sky was falling- so I assumed a win straight away.

Then later in the morning I saw the score and it was pretty much what I expected. This side are beginning to show the same ruthlessness other major players have shown when up against mid-table or lower sides. I can't remember feeling this confident against those sides, even during the 2013-14 glory run. It augurs well for next season, LFC are the second best team in the League right now and I can't see Citys' form carrying on into next season. 

I'm genuinely looking forward to next fortnights' game at OT. I reckon we'll do them.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Cap, I can't be that minded as yet, been in this position few times in the past I'm not going there yet.
I do admire your confidence makes me feel good lol....for now.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search